Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Danger, Sweet as Honey! (785)

Watched the episode. I liked the scenes with Axew, Oshawott and Pikachu helping Meowth. It was also funny when the Victreebel ran away. I have to say, entertaining episode.

7/10

Charizard being used as a regional bird? That's a first in a long time (if it ever happened before)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Charizard being used as a regional bird? That's a first in a long time (if it ever happened before)
    Happened once during OI and maybe early Johto too. Ash used Charizard to follow TR in Charizard Chills. I think that counts. This one here is definitely more of a regional bird thing here.

Consider a scenario where Ash and Co are with a beginning trainer where they get lost. The trainer send Pidove out while Ash and Iris send Charizard and Dragonite out respectively. That would be funny.

This episode was fine. I don't remember when we got a bunch of Pokemon getting lost together episode last time.

I think he has been used as the regional bird in Johto, before Ash caught his Noctowl. I remember him being used to blow away a Smokescreen (in one of the first Johto episodes, the one with the starter Totodile) and to send back some bombs launched by Team Rocket. Yeah, it's been a while.

However I find that a bit depressing. Basically, he currently isn't offering anything unique. What is he doing that Unfezant and Pignite can't do?

Anyway, I have yet to watch the episode in video, but by the pictures it seems a nice episode. Average episode, but still fun.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

I find it weird that Charizard is being used as a fusion of Unfezant and Pignite too. :S

Ash's Kanto team more or less filled in for Johto Pokémon hadn't caught yet. Aipom did something similar in Sinnoh and it also had its own story. In the Sinnoh League the older teams were used because Ash had a specific strategy with them in mind.

But Charizard in Unova/Decolora? So unnecessary. They could have easily made up something about Ash needing a particularly strong Pokémon or something. Fanservice doesn't have to be this shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I think he has been used as the regional bird in Johto, before Ash caught his Noctowl. I remember him being used to blow away a Smokescreen (in one of the first Johto episodes, the one with the starter Totodile) and to send back some bombs launched by Team Rocket. Yeah, it's been a while.

However I find that a bit depressing. Basically, he currently isn't offering anything unique. What is he doing that Unfezant and Pignite can't do?

Anyway, I have yet to watch the episode in video, but by the pictures it seems a nice episode. Average episode, but still fun.
    Appear Cool.

Btw, I don't support Charizard on the team. I hate it when they overuse the overused Pokemon.

For me this was one those meaningless episodes which are fun to watch but then makes you wonder, was it needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Appear Cool.

Btw, I don't support Charizard on the team. I hate it when they overuse the overused Pokemon.

For me this was one those meaningless episodes which are fun to watch but then makes you wonder, was it needed?
    My honest response? No, he really wasn't. He definitely isn't needed story-wise nor for development. In terms of fanservice... well, that's another story.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Only saw the pictures of this episode on serebii, and already, I'm not interested in watching it. I'm not going to shake my walking stick and cry about how this episode is so similar to other episodes that have happened in previous seasons, but either way, what's the point of watching an episode when you already know everything that's going to happen just by watching the preview. TR tricks the group again with their disguises, Pikachu and Meowth (and some other guys) get separated from their trainers after an explosion, and Meowth pretends to have gotten nicer, but is ultimately thinking about betraying the rest of the group. The return of the Beedrills/Ursaring of Death was a nice callback, but other than that, nothing really happens. The episode just seems...average, but as the old saying goes, why fix what isn't broken, and on that note, why not re-package and re-sell what isn't broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Appear Cool.

Is any of this really needed though? If it was fun to watch to you one could say it achieved its only true purpose. (I get what you mean, I'm just saiyan)

Twas an ok episode, I loved that moment where Jessie orders Woobat to smash Zard and Dragonite and James is like "Hello?? We're facing Charizard and Dragonite!" and Jessie just goes all YOLO. + Woobat's face when them bigass threats ambushed it from both sides.
    Meowth hesitating to attack the good guys is just stupid after what happened in the Subway arc, I just wish that was referenced in times like these. But what ever.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 2nd May 2013 at 8:00 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Its kind of cool to see another Pikachu and Meowth rivalry thing going on but I'm not sure if its going anywhere, lol. So maybe;

Spoiler:- ...:

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

As expected this was a horrible and boring episode. The only part that I liked was the ending where the group gushed over the Combee food. I'm also annoyed that Charizard has been reduced to doing the regional bird's job and rarely ever battling. 2/10
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

This episode might be interesting but. Why does Ash pokedex the pokemon that he already know such as Beedrill and Ursaring? Does he even remember them back in Kanto,Johto,and Sinnoh? Ash encounters the Beedrill in Viridian Forest,and he give Casey one in Johto. As for Ursaring, he encounter a few of them. One is a deceitful Teddiursa before its evolved on Johto,and Ash battles the other Ursaring under Paul's ownership in Sinnoh. Unless Iris,and Cilan asks Ash to do it for them. But its great to see Team Rocket get a blast off.
    Last edited by Shego; 2nd May 2013 at 9:27 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Um, I had very high expectations for this episode after seeing the first DA episode. I thought this would be one of those funny episodes that we got plenty of back in OS, but it wasn't that great nor that bad either. Just sort of in the middle. I loved Meowth's interactions with the other Pokemon; seeing Axew, Oshawott and Pikachu help him out after that Stun Spore thing was nice. I also thought it was cute when Oshawott swam across the river and was about to pay dust to the other Pokemon; as always, the king slays effortlessly. I was also surprised that Meowth didn't attack Pikachu and the others near the end because he remembered how they helped him, which was nice. There were plenty of things that I disliked though. For instance, the Beedrill thing which we've seen too often before, and Ash dexing them and the Ursaring made me cringe. Also, I really dislike how Ash and friends go all "OMG food!!!!" whenever they're presented with it. Like seriously, it's just food made with honey. It's not that big of a deal. Anyway, I give this episode six kisses out of ten.

Thank God Meowth was with the lost Pokemon group. I'm already a bit bored with the Pikachu-Oshawott-Axew dynamic. Pikachu is always the leader leading a daycare and Oshawott is appearing too much for me to handle. Axew actually wasn't bad. I like how he peered into Victreebel since he's never seen one. I want more of Ash's team to appear once in awhile, whether Oshwott is there or not.

Also, lol at Charizard's role. The thing has been reduced to a scouter, and if he has to come along on this journey back to Kanto, then don't do anything important. thanksbye.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    This episode might be interesting but. Why does Ash pokedex the pokemon that he already know such as Beedrill and Ursaring? Does he even remember them back in Kanto,Johto,and Sinnoh? Ash encounters the Beedrill in Viridian Forest,and he give Casey one in Johto. As for Ursaring, he encounter a few of them. One is a deceitful Teddiursa before its evolved on Johto,and Ash battles the other Ursaring under Paul's ownership in Sinnoh. Unless Iris,and Cilan asks Ash to do it for them. But its great to see Team Rocket get a blast off.
    Because Ash doesn't have a dex entry of those Pokémon in his Unova dex, only in previous dexes.

It's easier to just say Ash dexes them for his friends. But he really just does it for the children watching the show so it really doesn't bother me.

I'm still pretty surprised people still need to take note of Charizard's role (even though I still mock him about it). This is what he gets for becoming a regular team member again.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm still pretty surprised people still need to take note of Charizard's role (even though I still mock him about it). This is what he gets for becoming a regular team member again.
    Yet Iris was using Dragonite to serch as well, does that not mean it falls under the same pretexts your trying to place on Charizard by your logic?

Why people are trying to nitpick at every little tiny detail in any episode these days is beyond me.

Though I gotta admit, TR definitely need to call up Giovanni and get thier older pokemon back, sure they probably still don't stand a chance against the group but they could put up a better fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Thank God Meowth was with the lost Pokemon group. I'm already a bit bored with the Pikachu-Oshawott-Axew dynamic. Pikachu is always the leader leading a daycare and Oshawott is appearing too much for me to handle. Axew actually wasn't bad. I like how he peered into Victreebel since he's never seen one. I want more of Ash's team to appear once in awhile, whether Oshwott is there or not.
    I fail to see what Axew did to deserve to be placed above Oshawott. I mean yeah he found some herbs, but he was the one who messed with Victreebel and got Meowth injured in the first place. Oshawott actually helped the group avoid hitting a rock in the river and he was the one who used his Scalchop to grind the herbs into powder, which helped Meowth. I'm not trying to place Oshawott on a pedestal, but he did a lot more than Axew did and he deserves a lot more credit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Yet Iris was using Dragonite to serch as well, does that not mean it falls under the same pretexts your trying to place on Charizard by your logic?
    I don't see what's so bad about pointing out the obvious. I mean anyone can tell that Charizard's being mishandled. It's sad because Charizard has so much more to offer yet the writers seem to be regressing him just like they did to Ash. Something needs to change otherwise Charizard's return will have been for nothing in my humble opinion.

I really don't have a problem with how he's being handled. They used him in a way that makes sense this episode so I don't see the problem. I understand that a Pokemon can't always do something important every episode. And to be honest I just mess with Charizard because I like him and he's such a touchy subject around here.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post

Also, lol at Charizard's role. The thing has been reduced to a scouter, and if he has to come along on this journey back to Kanto, then don't do anything important. thanksbye.
    Your beloved Dragonite had the same role Charizard had in this episode. :P

Anyway, nice and funny episode. TRio is funny again. The only thing I disliked is how Ash dex Beedril and Ursaring... I mean, come on, he saw those pokemon loads of times before. Really, he may have some sort of mental disease. He forget things o.O xD

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post

Anyway, nice and funny episode. TRio is funny again. The only thing I disliked is how Ash dex Beedril and Ursaring... I mean, come on, he saw those pokemon loads of times before. Really, he may have some sort of mental disease. He forget things o.O xD
    He obviously didn't forget them, he dexes everything even if he has caught one before just for kids watching for the first time. Unlike the last two sagas, no one else has a pokedex to resort to that for the writers, so it has to be ash. He dexed charmander, and the whole episode was just about how much he did remember everything.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Just watched this episode properly.

It's so weird to look at Team Rocket and think "I'm so happy to see them relentlessly chase Pikachu and shout yana kanji every episode." I never would have said that in the first 13 years of the show, but it's different after having two full years of Team Boring.

I especially missed the little conversations they have in the sky just before they blast off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post

In this case though, who's character is more diminished? The one who has only been on the show for about 50+ episodes or the one who's been around for nearly 15 years. Odd coming from me, but I think Charizard should have a better role then just taking over for what Unfezant was created to do.

It's old and tiring, but the writers I guess believe kids don't know these Pokemon by now
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't see what's so bad about pointing out the obvious. I mean anyone can tell that Charizard's being mishandled. It's sad because Charizard has so much more to offer yet the writers seem to be regressing him just like they did to Ash. Something needs to change otherwise Charizard's return will have been for nothing in my humble opinion.
    There's a clear difference between speaking the obvious and attempting to use "said obvious" for trolling.

Maybe you don't see it, but i do.

In this case though, who's character is more diminished? The one who has only been on the show for about 50+ episodes or the one who's been around for nearly 15 years. Odd coming from me, but I think Charizard should have a better role then just taking over for what Unfezant was created to do.
    The problem is making a big deal out of one moment, one time Charizard looks for Pikachu by air and we get people going all hyper calling it a bird clone, times have indeed changed with the anime fanbase.

why should it matter anyway, more pokemon capable of flight than not have been used for serching in this show, and not all of them have been birds mind you.

The problem is making a big deal out of one moment, one time Charizard looks for Pikachu by air and we get people going all hyper calling it a bird clone, times have indeed changed with the anime fanbase.

why should it matter anyway, more pokemon capable of flight than not have been used for serching in this show, and not all of them have been birds mind you.
    But what has Charizard done lately in general...barely playing a big role in the climax and only played a role in the first two episodes of his return

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast