Thread: The Outrageous Names Of ColoXD

Default The Outrageous Names Of ColoXD

Gurks, the Sixtuplets, Evice, Miror B, what's going on?
    Spotted any weird names in ColoXD? More importantly, have you spotted any NORMAL ones?
        Spoiler:- Oh No You Di'nt!!:
    Gay, atheist, proud of it.

[img]http://i49.*******.com/9tzn03.png[/img]
    Follow me @JaymiPurdy

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    What is with Gym Leaders and removing stuff.

I love all the strange names in Colosseum and XD. I always have a great time making fun of all the weird names when I play.

I have battled people with somewhat "normal" names (e.g. I've heard of people named "Venus" in real life), but they are rare in these games and I'm always surprised when I find someone who has a name I'm familiar with.

It's weird how the names are so abnormal it's surprising when you see a normal one.
    I'm battling a trainer right now called Keto. It's almost normal, it sounds like the name of a 9 year old protagonist of a Studio Ghibli film.
        Spoiler:- Oh No You Di'nt!!:
    Gay, atheist, proud of it.

[img]http://i49.*******.com/9tzn03.png[/img]
    Follow me @JaymiPurdy

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    What is with Gym Leaders and removing stuff.

Normal names are such a rarity in Colosseum lol. I think my favorite oddity may be Rider Lorgo...and that's if I'm spelling correctly. I almost wouldn't be surprised if some trainer called Yolo faced me.

Uhm, yeah, there are too many weird names in Colosseum and XD, just too damn many: Greevil, Mirror B., Folly and Trudly to name a few.
    Mon e s s e n t i e l.
    PM me if you'd like a signature.

Gfx deviantART tumblr

I remember seeing Jovi, she was so cute. Though she acted way to childish for the age she looked. Her name was so unusual to me, but it was cute.

My Deviantart *^*

Art by me
    3DS fc: 4725 8753 8888
    FS: Nosepass, Pupitar, Barbaracle

I know, the names in Colosseum and XD can get.... weird, to say the least. I mean, it's like they tried to take inspiration from Dragon Quest but failed.

What about Skrub? Skrub wants love too...

Miror. B is a great name.

It's like they couldn't spell Mirror.

Now that I think about it and since I'm looking at it again... yeah, a lot of them have weird names. Some of them really funny, lol.
    Strangely enough, there were some whose names were almost normal, the only thing is that the spelling's wrong.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 20th June 2013 at 5:18 AM.

I think the most normal name I've seen was Teana or something like that. It's like the were playing Scrabble with the names and whenever they got a coherent word from their draw they made it a name. Some are quite funny as well.

I think there was a trainer named Trilo... Had the 2nd gen starters on his team. Ingenious.
    Anyway, I've accepted their place in Colo/xd, and decided to use them as a silly game: whenever you meet a new trainer in colo/xd, follow these steps. If you can't complete a step, proceed to the next one:
    1. Laugh at the ridiculous name.
    2. Replace letters in his/her name to spell an actual word. (Nascour, NASCAR, etc.)
    3. Observe the trainer and figure out why he was named something so obviously a real word. (Trilo)
    4. Congratulate yourself for finding an interesting name. Maybe you'll use it someday... (Dakim seems pretty unique)
    I don't play pokemon much. You probably have way better pokemon than me. But I've got:
    A Lugia with that knows Psycho Boost
    And a Togepi with Serene Grace, that knows Tri Attack and Ancient Power
    XD

Some of my favorite names from colosseum are muna and balton(balton is a girl just so you know).

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch314 View Post
    I think there was a trainer named Trilo... Had the 2nd gen starters on his team. Ingenious.
    Anyway, I've accepted their place in Colo/xd, and decided to use them as a silly game: whenever you meet a new trainer in colo/xd, follow these steps. If you can't complete a step, proceed to the next one:
    1. Laugh at the ridiculous name.
    2. Replace letters in his/her name to spell an actual word. (Nascour, NASCAR, etc.)
    3. Observe the trainer and figure out why he was named something so obviously a real word. (Trilo)
    4. Congratulate yourself for finding an interesting name. Maybe you'll use it someday... (Dakim seems pretty unique)
    I like that there is a trainer literally named haxer in pyrite colosseum in xd.