View Poll Results: Are you participating in this tournament?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE 1st POST)

28 84.85%
  • Maybe

0 0%
  • No

5 15.15%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 Spring Friendly (Official Singles Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I wonder if I'll ever meet you in one of these tourneys ^^
    juniors/seniors division
    anyway 1770 right now, plan on breaking 1800 by the time i go to bed.

And for kyurem being bulky, every single pokemon on my team can OHKO all forms of kyurem :3

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    juniors/seniors division
    anyway 1770 right now, plan on breaking 1800 by the time i go to bed.

And for kyurem being bulky, every single pokemon on my team can OHKO all forms of kyurem :3
    Your Azumarill and Thundurus have to be weary though...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Your Azumarill and Thundurus have to be weary though...
    thundurus not so much. i just need to be careful of scarfs.
    azumarill can tank a adamant not boosted draco meteor and outrage, and can choice band superpower back, so no problem there. it is usually best at predicting switches.

thundurus not so much. i just need to be careful of scarfs.
    azumarill can tank a adamant not boosted draco meteor and outrage, and can choice band superpower back, so no problem there. it is usually best at predicting switches.
    Kyurem-W are more predominant from what I can tell, not to mention Scarf too ^^;
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

This is the first competition where I now have more wins than losses, and I am a first-hand witness of how horrifying a Darmanitan-Mamoswine (both 31 Speed and Attack IV Jolly) combo can become. Even I did not expect the Mamoswine to outspeed anything (I gave it a Liechi Berry so that it can revenge after tanking a hit), but it managed to surprise me (and the opponent) everytime by outspeeding almost everything, even a Haxorus. Then again, getting both to have those IVs took much cycling up and down Route 3 and abandoning unacceptable Pokemon, Nazi-style (I have a lot of DWF Swinub from my last breeding program).

The only one match I lost was when for some reason, my Darmanitan's Rock Slide (90% accurate) did not connect after the opponent's Thunderus-I (Nasty Plot set, not the Prankster set I was expecting) managed to KO my Mamoswine with a 70% accurate Focus Blast. The most frustrating part had to be that my Darmanitan was actually faster than the Thunderus, and that the Rock Miss cost me my team's momentum and thus the match.

2 Rage Quits today. Battle progress of the two offending matches are as follows:

VS. JOSE, from Andalusia, Spain. Rating: 1389
    Active Pokemon: Starmie, Accelgor, Terrakion
    Reserve Pokemon: Toxiocroak, Weavile, Electivire
    Turns out Starmie are very fragile and can be outsped by an absolutely-maxed out Darmanitan. (I KO-ed the lead Starmie with a U-Turn that I did not expect to turn into a 1HKO. It was not a critical even) I continued the match by setting Spikes under Accelgor using my suicide Ferrothorn, which was actually able to tank Accelgor, so I switched to offensive mode and Gyro-Balled Accelgor to dust. The Terrakion after that got spiked and then dusted by another Gyro Ball.
    Final score: 3-0 Clean Sweep
    He rage-quitted after the end of the game, but it was too late: Nintendo's servers have already recorded my win over him.

VS. JOSH. Rating: 1434
    Active Pokemon: Seismitoad, Chandelure, Archeops
    Reserve Pokemon: Conkeldurr, Cobalion, Mienshao
    I had an 'oh sh!t' moment when he brought out his Seismitoad and I brought out my Darmanitan, but I managed to pick up the pace by U-Turning out (seriously, this is my favorite move: It got me out of sticky situations like a charm) to my Ferrothorn. There I started to annoy him by using Leech Seed and Spikes, as the Ferrothorn laughed at the Seismitoad's attempt to KO it with Drain Punch (It lost more than it recovered except for the time it managed to get a crit). I put the Seismitoad out of its misery using Power Whip after Ferrothorn had its fun. Ferrothorn later got roasted by Chandelure, but was quickly avenged by a Sheer Force-Life Orb-boosted Rock Slide from Darmanitan (it missed once though, causing it to get Toxic-ed). Darmanitan later got destroyed by Archeops after missing another Rock Miss, but again, it was avenged by Mamoswine's Icicle Crash.
    Final score: 1-0 Revenge Pileup success
    He rage-quitted in time for Nintendo to not record the win.

I checked the stat calculator. Turns out my Mamoswine has a speed of 89 at level 30 and my Darmanitan has a speed of 99 at level 30, which means they can outspeed a ridiculous number of opponents. The fact that weather-based teams are way less common in this tournament probably helped my case, though I still pack a Sand Rush Excadrill (Jolly, also max Attack & Speed IV & EV) to counter Tyranitar and its friends.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm shocked by the lack of Imposter Ditto... mine keeps tearing it up. Only one person has ever switched out against it

Despite the non-existence of the Legendary restriction clause, I held on to my self-imposed ban against Legendaries (on my side), for the same reason I don't kidnap Barack Obama to be my personal assistant. Not that I needed legendaries anyway: My absolutely maxed out (in Speed and Attack) Darmanitan turns many opponents into ashes before they know what was coming for them. Even if they do, Darmanitan could make a hasty escape with U-Turn, probably doing the shoopy loopy as he brings out someone else. It proved its power by nabbing a 1HKO on a Kyurem-B with Rock Slide and U-Turning a Starmie into pieces (that was unintentional: I wanted to destroy it with a Ferrothorn).

I'm shocked by the lack of Imposter Ditto... mine keeps tearing it up. Only one person has ever switched out against it
    I just checked Psypoke's calculator. Even with a Choice Scarf and maxed out Speed and it Imposter-ed my Darmanitan, it would find itself outsped and squished by the Darmanitan unless it had a Speed IV of at least 26 (Absolute Max Speed of Choice Scarf Ditto @ lvl 30 is 102). The only Pokemon in my team that could actually come close to a absolute max-speed Choice Scarf Ditto is my Hydreigon, and even that loses out by one point.
    Last edited by Quantum1024; 18th May 2013 at 6:04 AM.
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    I just checked Psypoke's calculator. Even with a Choice Scarf and maxed out Speed and it Imposter-ed my Darmanitan, it would find itself outsped and squished by the Darmanitan unless it had a Speed IV of at least 26 (Absolute Max Speed of Choice Scarf Ditto @ lvl 30 is 102). The only Pokemon in my team that could actually come close to a absolute max-speed Choice Scarf Ditto is my Hydreigon, and even that loses out by one point.
    Just throwing this out there, you do know ditto's speed changes to whatever it copies right? it's HP EV/IV's are the only thing that matters on it. Actually tempted to bring a ditto myself instead of my kyuren since it doesn't seem as good as you'd think. Course mine's adamant so no strong earth power :X I swear I'll stat fighting in a sec once I decide ditto, volcarona, or mienshao (I don't don't wanna get trolol'd by lv 1 arons)
    Last edited by Arande; 18th May 2013 at 6:33 AM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum1024 View Post
    You do realize Imposter Ditto get's your stats minus HP right?

***Arande beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Just throwing this out there, you do know ditto's speed changes to whatever it copies right? it's HP EV/IV's are the only thing that matters on it. Actually tempted to bring a ditto myself instead of my kyuren since it doesn't seem as good as you'd think. Course mine's adamant so no strong earth power :X I swear I'll stat fighting in a sec once I decide ditto, volcarona, or mienshao (I don't don't wanna get trolol'd by lv 1 arons)
    Ditto has been my only means of stopping Genesect's. Aron's are super rare in this tourney, I haven't actually saw one yet
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 18th May 2013 at 6:39 AM.

What's the point of using legendaries without a strategy? So far most of my battles were against Kyurems and I draco meteored the hell out of them.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    What's the point of using legendaries without a strategy? So far most of my battles were against Kyurems and I draco meteored the hell out of them.
    ... well it sounds like you dont have any strategy either ...

... well it sounds like you dont have any strategy either ...
    Yeah, like expecting all those Kyurems go scarfed and leading is not part of my strategy. I'm not even using legendaries btw.

What I'm saying is that many teams run with the tao trio and they mostly fall with any strong dragon type move and they don't have a strong steel-type to bulk them, and even if they carry one it's most likely a genesect, and as a sweeper it can't take any good hit and gets 2hkoed.

Problem with using ditto is I have my scarf on my moxie hera. Could change that out for something like my hydrei. Also afraid that if I overprepare for the common things I'll ignore the little ones too XD

meh, screw it. Salac it and try. Might as well go with this team and see what happens. What's the worst thing, I lose?
    Then again ditto kinda needs the scarf. Bleh where's a dartboard or die when you need one.

bleh, 4-2 with one rage against me.

How do I lose to a kaldeo first match? O.o

And why? "Oh their last poke is a haxorus and mine is ditto with a scarf, yays." *sees the moveset* "fffffffffffffff"

on the good side, holy jeez is Boris (conkerdurr) a monster with all these terakion, kyurem and the like running around. Just laughing as he takes hits and drain punching things in the face. Seriously, he got like 2 of my wins as 3-0 alone.

I think the biggest problem I have with this format is just figuring out what to lead with. That Kaldeo thing I mentioned, I used witha chandeulure cause I over analyzed seeing his reunicleus and other slow pokes <_< Ah well, off tomorrow so yay battle alld ay.
    Last edited by Arande; 18th May 2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

1807 points and still rising :3

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a few battle where the other person has only got 3 Pokémon!!
    I've had 3 this morning, including one team that was so weak to Rock that I just put Ex out at front and swept them away without even having to think about it!
    2013 Global Showdown - 418 (1705pts)
    2013 I C June - 261 (1705pts - 18th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2013 UK VGC Birmingham - 127 (10 Championship Points)
    2013 Spring Friendly May - 360 (1655pts)
    2013 I C April - 1195 (1585pts - 86th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 I C March - 1122 (1613pts - 69th in Europe: 1 Championship Point)
    2013 Winter Friendly - 567 (1602pts)
    2013 I C January - DQ'd (1704pts) - Damn RQer's
    2012 VGCS Winter Battle - 240 (1626pts - 39th in Europe: 2 Championship Points)
    2012 Autumn Friendly - DNF (1510pts) - Only managed 6 matches
    2012 I C (Black) - 1879 (1594pts)
    2012 I C (White) - 3334 (1529pts)
    2011 Autumn Friendly - 2760 (1510pts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else getting a few battle where the other person has only got 3 Pokémon!!
    I've had 3 this morning, including one team that was so weak to Rock that I just put Ex out at front and swept them away without even having to think about it!
    I've had a couple battles yesterday morning like that. All they had were legendaries mainly saw Keldeo, Terrakion, Zekrom, Reshiram, an Kyurem some just had two legends an a gliscor, but can you say cocky much. I've laughed when I faced them cause my Flygon would mainly just wreck through them. My Flygon has seriously helped me pull off most of my wins so far against people using legends or even non-legend teams.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

I thought I'd go through this tournament with my Eevee evolutions... welcome to a world of hurt! Managed to take down a few decent teams who thought the use of legendaries would grant them auto wins against me though.

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I can't blame them in a way to be honest... When you bring 6 but can only pick half, it's hard to assume which three your opponent will bring till the screen opens.

Never filled this out, but I'm in it, so I might as well.

OT: Keith
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Age Division: Master
    Friend Code: 4084 3328 5509
    Team: Weavile, Magneton, Dwebble, Emolga, Cinccino, Yanmega (no nickname for any of them)

I had a few decent battles this morning. In one of them, my Magneton successfully set up a few Charge Beams against a Ferrothorn, and managed to take it out along with a Lucario before it fell to a Meloetta (which my Cinccino took care of). The other one... heh, it was painfully obvious this Jerry fellow just slapped together a team of untrained legendaries. Even after Dwebble used Shell Smash (and went first, might I add!), Terrakion's Sacred Sword wasn't even gonna KO it. Sturdy didn't activate, Dwebble was left with 21 HP. Then, Dwebble proceeded to OHKO the guy's whole team. Earthquake on Terrakion, OHKO. X-Scissor on Meloetta, OHKO. Rock Slide on Black Kyurem, OHKO.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yea I've run into ALOT of legends. There very common but the teams I like to see are the ines with pokes that you don't see all the time. I have a siemtoad and gulork. In doing fair 1608 with 14 battles in 4 losses. This tourny is more fun for me and I also didn't read the Instructions too well. Well at least they let us know ahead if time for the June tourny
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

It's morning in my country and logged in to have a couple battles before breakfast. Battled two Germans (boy and girl), yesterday I had few chances to use my arcanine but in those 2 battles he was the MVP. Now I'm 16 wins, 3 loses, 0 rqs and like 6 people RQd on me.

I just suffered the most disappointing lost :P Stupid Tail Slap missed Keldeo, so I was stuck with a 2 HP Ditto that lost to Reshiram that had Fly for some reason

I just got done sweeping through someone's team of Legendaries and a Haxorus with just my Flygon. I wanted to upload the video cause I thought it was hilarious how badly I beat him but I ran into a problem. When I tried uploading the video it said "There appears to be a problem with the pokemon in the battle video.", does that mean I just fought someone with hacked pokemon? Or is there some other problem with uploading vids atm?
    Cause I know my pokemon aren't hacked because I've uploaded other battle videos of my whole team to test them out just before the competition. Not to mention I both breed and trained them all. Has anyone else ran into this problem yet?
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    I just got done sweeping through someone's team of Legendaries and a Haxorus with just my Flygon. I wanted to upload the video cause I thought it was hilarious how badly I beat him but I ran into a problem. When I tried uploading the video it said "There appears to be a problem with the pokemon in the battle video.", does that mean I just fought someone with hacked pokemon? Or is there some other problem with uploading vids atm?
    Cause I know my pokemon aren't hacked because I've uploaded other battle videos of my whole team to test them out just before the competition. Has anyone else ran into this problem yet?
    I heard there was a problem with that yesterday too. I think it might possibly be because most of these Pokemon being used can never be level 30...that's my only thought though. I know it's possible to hack legit Pokemon, but I'm not sure why that would prevent a video given that fact that it was accepted to battle in the first place

I heard there was a problem with that yesterday too. I think it might possibly be because most of these Pokemon being used can never be level 30...that's my only thought though. I know it's possible to hack legit Pokemon, but I'm not sure why that would prevent a video given that fact that it was accepted to battle in the first place
    Yea it's possibly due to people using legendaries, or something. I've looked on Youtube of people recording their battle videos an saw comments saying there's been problems uploading their vids.

Anyways I'm currently at 12=W, 11=L, 1=RQ.
    Going to do a couple more battles then probably move on to making my team for the International Challenge next month. I've already gotten my five battles cause I was mainly just in this tourny for the C-gears. Had fun can't wait for next month
    -Mewtwo

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast