Thread: Steam problems, the company's not helping

Default Steam problems, the company's not helping

All right, so I like to play left for dead 2. Well, every time I load the game, it doesn't load my add-ons! I've tried restarting Steam and my computer, but it's no help. Also, Steam told me to re-install left for dead 2. Yeah, well, there's got to be another option besides deleting all my data. Can anyone help?
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I'll be gone on vacation until I get home sometime Sunday the 28th. Sorry guys.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

you can always try to locate your save game data and make a copy of it outside the folder it was originally in and when you go to uninstall and reinstall the game after the reinstall is complete your can copy the save data back to its original location

^done by Katsu Koneko doesnt this sig look cute
    If you think Dawn is cute, copy and paste THIS into your sig.(started by shiningsloth13)if you think dawn is hot, copy and paste this into your sig(started by empoleon49)<not IF its IS

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Quote Originally Posted by Maylu Sakurai View Post
    you can always try to locate your save game data and make a copy of it outside the folder it was originally in and when you go to uninstall and reinstall the game after the reinstall is complete your can copy the save data back to its original location
    I would also try this. Generally save data for Steam games is saved in a folder outside the regular Steam folder anyway. Though the exact folder they save to differs depending on which OS you're using.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

Some Mods may be be broken do to a recent patch, but that's always the case with software. In some texture/Model replacers, the Model may be "reverted" if the Model is updated. If some Mods stopped working started after you installed another mod, the last Mod may have replaced the older mods. In many cases, you should be able to find a updated version of the Mod.

Well, Most Mods are here: <Steam Installation Directory>\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead 2\addons

But the Good news is that the Progress (how far you've been) and keybinds, save data can be backed up Via Steam Cloud. (It's very small.) The rest of the Settings data is Automaticly "rebuilt" when you first run the game, as it changes between PCs.

Since Steam Pipe isn't on L4D2 yet, But Mods could be broken when it happens.

Plus, are you sure you're not running the beta?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)