Thread: Help me to build a great team

Default Help me to build a great team

Hey guys, want to create a good team for my Pokemon platinum. I've not defeated e4 yet. My current team is
    torterra- lv.38
    lucario- lv.36
    floatzel- lv.36
    staraptor- lv.36
    rotom(oven)- lv.35
    i just want 1 more. Can you guys suggest me a good Pokemon. And please rate my team and help me if i should replace my Pokemon.

hello lareon
    I suggest using a gardevoir it is a great pokemon with amazing stats
    hope this helps
    Be cool bro, like a krokorok
    Aura is within all of us
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/2cmmah4.png[/IMG]

Credit goes to shinypokemonhunter from woopers wooptastic shop. Thanks to ipokemon from clear water art shop

Okay gardevoir is a good Pokemon. I'll try it. Thanks for he comment auraguardian. Can you suggest of a back up Pokemon too.

What about drapion? Is it i nice choice

drapion is a good pokemon but it wont leran cross poison until around level 60ish his other poison move is poison fang 65 base power
    I suggest using weavile as a back up instead
    Aura is within all of us

Credit goes to shinypokemonhunter from woopers wooptastic shop. Thanks to ipokemon from clear water art shop

yeah.... weavile is great. and what about glaceon

and the main thing i lack is special attack.... rotom is the only pokemon in my team who has a good special stat.... lucario is having adament nature.... so his special gradually decreases

is gardevoir available in pt? ive never played that one... i usually fill holes with the mascot dragon, but i dont know what plat gets or when. you seem to have decent coverage. know what? lets say spiritomb. dont why i tried, i know nothing of plat...
    IGNORE ME!
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

glaceon is a good ice wall but evolves frome eevee which is pretty weak and only once you bet snowpoint city AND the eevee is only level 20
    but glaceon is still good
    Aura is within all of us

Gardevoir is largely inferior to Alakazam for in-game purposes, as Alakazam is faster and hits harder; Gardevoir may have a better support movepool but that's rarely of consequence in game due to the use of items. Gardevoir should only be used if you don't have access to a means of trading Kadabra to evolve it.

Drapion is meh. It's got good defense, interesting defensive typing, and respectable attack and speed, but it faces stiff competition as a physical attacker due to only one usable STAB and only slightly above average offensive stats. Poison STAB is barely worth using; its coverage is generally pretty poor. If you're using it as a physical attacker, poison attacks are never the reason to do so. Crunch, Earthquake, and Aqua Tail are all so much better due to superior coverage, and the fourth slot fits Swords Dance well since its attack, while not bad, is not exceptional either.

Glaceon is also meh. It has a colossal amount of power, and respectable defenses, but its speed and HP are below average. Furthermore its movepool is pretty bad, and ice typing is perhaps the worst in the game from a defensive standpoint, since it brings four weaknesses and only one resistance.

Your team's weakest link is Floatzel, honestly. It's pretty frail and there are no shortages of water types who are specially oriented (which is what you said you wanted). Try Vaporeon, who would prove a better option than Glaceon as well; better typing, and marginally better attacking movepool, since it has access to both Water STAB and Ice Beam. Try something along the lines of...

Vaporeon
    Modest Nature
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Signal Beam

If you don't want Vaporeon as your water type, Tentacruel, Octillery, and Milotic make decent special attacking options in Platinum as well.

Also it's hard to rate your team when you don't list their moves or anything.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Okay here's my current team...
    1.Torterra- Lv.50
    adamant nature
    crunch, wood hammer, razor leaf, earthquake
    2.Lucario- lv.49
    adamant nature
    me first, dragon pulse, dark pulse, close combat
    3.Staraptor- lv.48
    brave nature
    close combat, aerial ace, fly, _(going to be filled by brave bird)
    4.Floatzel- lv.48
    adamant nature
    surf, ice punch, aqua jet, crunch
    5.Oven Rotom- lv.47
    relaxed nature
    thunder, sucker punch, ominous wind, overheat
    6.Drapion- lv.46
    impish nature
    poison fang, thunder fang, bug bite, brick break

drapion is just temporary...

Put the moveset on the first post, not on the middle of the thread. I almost going to close the thread due to lack of moveset, you know.

For Torterra, teach it Rock Slide over one of the Grass move, for more coverage.

Lucario
    Adamant Nature
    ~Bullet Punch
    ~Close Combat/Brick Break
    ~Rock Slide/Shadow Claw
    ~Ice Punch

It's Adamant, so Special moves like Dragon Pulse & Dark Pulse are not an option.

Staraptor
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    ~Brave Bird/Fly
    ~Return
    ~Close Combat
    ~U-Turn/Quick Attack

You won't need that many Flying move.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^