Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

Default What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

In my opinion, Constrict is. It's base power of 10 makes it the least powerful attacking move in the games and it's 10% chance of lowering speed, which can be achieved more easily using moves like Icy Wind or paralyzing the foe. Also, no Pokemon (except from Smeargle) can gain STAB from it.

Splash.

No contest really.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Splash.

No contest really.
    Bro, Splash is the best move EVER! the worst move would probably be growl

The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage. Outrage rocks though
    Last edited by TanBun; 8th June 2013 at 5:36 PM.

Splash can actually be used as a strategy, by having the opponent Mimicking it or something, or disabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage. Dragon rage rocks though
    While that's true, Multi-hit moves can be put to great use with the ability Skill Link, which makes moves always hit 5 times.
    Dragon Rage only does 40 HP damage, and it's not so great on higher-leveled Pokemon with a great amount of HP.

Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often, especially if you're a competitive battler. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!

Flatter. It raises the target's wrong stat and confuses it.

Twister. By the time you obtain a dragon-type with Twister, your Pokemon already have better moves.

Hyper Beam and its variants: Every move with 75+ BP is better than Hyper Beam and the turn it consumes.

Synchronoise: It hits the target only if its type is the same as yours. Yeah.

Splash for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by UbersSuck20; 6th May 2013 at 7:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!
    It's probably just you, give your pokemon an accuracy-boosting item and it works out for you.

I say Sonic Boom a fixed 20 damage kinda useless after level 20 lol.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Captivate on a genderless Pokemon... lol...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #FINALE - Lugia

8,000 SRs

Splash. This is a fact. You cannot discuss it.

Now, a moderator has to come here and close this dumb thread, please.

Either Splash or Memento. Splash was previously explained above, but memento causes an instant death to whoever used the move, in which the only good thing that comes out of it is that the other pokemon's attack and special attack reduced by two stages.
    Latest Shiny (8/6/14)
    Obtained via: MM Egg 76
    X: 2723-9673-8419
    FS:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal
    Splash. This is a fact. You cannot discuss it.

Now, a moderator has to come here and close this dumb thread, please.
    We also discussed this. Splash is one of the best moves in the game. Detect on the other hand, is just another form of protect with fewer PP.

And also, let's not have splash dominate this thread more than metal blades dominated Megaman 2.
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

Constrict or Flatter.

Memento is great on Dugtrio for crippling whatever switches in after it revenge kills something if it isn't Choiced.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)
    i spent 10 hours REing for a shiny metagross and now its an event

Splash. It literally does, NOTHING. Those moves that just "identify" your Pokemon are pretty bad, but at least they do something, or have something made up for them to do.

"Magikarp used Splash!"
    "But nothing happened..."

Quash. They should've given it priority lol
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Doggiedoggie View Post
    We also discussed this. Splash is one of the best moves in the game. Detect on the other hand, is just another form of protect with fewer PP.

And also, let's not have splash dominate this thread more than metal blades dominated Megaman 2.
    Hello? Am I reading this right? Splash is completely useless.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

Well outside of the obvious splash, any growl ,and all of its variants, along with sonicboom. The former set gets outclassed by various moves, and is pretty useless, while the later becomes useless once pokemon get move than 60 HP.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

I think the worst move is fissure. It has no accuracy and misses 7 times in 5 turns. Splash has more use than it.

Spoiler:- read if you don't think I'm being completely serious:
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 6th May 2013 at 11:43 PM.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Focus Blast is the worst move in the game. It's very inaccurate and it sucks we don't have a Fighting-type counterpart to Flamethrower. It's the move that makes you rage because of it missing so often, especially if you're a competitive battler. Heck, even on the show Focus Blast = Focus Miss!
    Aura Sphere is the fighting type Flamethrower.

I agree with the first post. Constrict is pretty bad. Splash is actually a good move. See for yourself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4CW68jv00
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

Wrap, Fire Spin and variants thereof. Honestly, when is the last time anyone ever used these moves?

Also, if you want to do a powerful Sonic Boom, this is how you do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9cz2un9gzA

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Splash.

No contest really.
    While Splash is useless in battle, it's actually pretty useful in the Cute Category contest.

The worst moves would be those Multi-attack moves like bullet seed. Low power, and no security that it will do great damage.
    Skill Link Cloyster would disagree with you.

Dragon rage rocks though
    Yeah for early gameplay, but once you start facing Pokémon that have more than 40hp it's become useless.

Flatter. It raises the target's wrong stat and confuses it.
    How on earth does Flatter raises the target "wrong" stats when the game clearly states that its raises the target's Special Attack. What more it can be useful in double battle if you use it right.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    any growl ,and all of its variants.
    Those move are actually really useful early in the game and is one of the reason why I have such an easy time defeating Whitney's Miltank, when most people struggled against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorupix View Post
    Wrap, Fire Spin and variants thereof. Honestly, when is the last time anyone ever used these moves?
    Properly back in the days on Generation 1 when those move were broken as hell.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 7th May 2013 at 2:34 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I think present is the worst move.

Synchronoise on Umbreon. Just think about it for a second.

I think Constrict and Quash are also among the worst. Constrict is the weakest damaging move in the game, and Quash is so situational that it's not worth it most of the time (as far as I know).

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin
    I think Constrict and Quash are also among the worst. Constrict is the weakest damaging move in the game, and Quash is so situational that it's not worth it most of the time (as far as I know).
    Quash is actually somewhat useful in doubles and triples, where it can be used by prankster Murkrow to make Pokemon that threaten your team attack last. It's also somewhat useful for setting up Trick room.

I agree that constrict might be most useless move though.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast