Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think is the worst Pokemon move?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Focus Punch..It's useless..sure it can be powerful but you enemy is most likely to attack you first make you lose focus punch..that's what pretty much happened to Chuck through out the fight against me..he kept using Poliwrath's focus punch and i kept hitting him..he never did any other move..so dumb
    I wouldn't call it the worst move, you can use it under Substitute and/or a sleep move.

Anyway, Frustration or Simple Beam.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Focus Punch..It's useless..sure it can be powerful but you enemy is most likely to attack you first make you lose focus punch..that's what pretty much happened to Chuck through out the fight against me..he kept using Poliwrath's focus punch and i kept hitting him..he never did any other move..so dumb
    Focus Punch is ridiculously powerful and pairs well with Substitute. SubPunch Breloom is one of the most annoying things of the OU metagame, especially since it also has access to Spore.

Baton Pass. Its advantages over switching are too minor that it's a waste imo

I think the worst pokemon move is Bide, i mean it takes forever to charge up and then it doesnt even do that much damage depending on ur pkmn lvl.

Splash, It literally does nothing

I think what you guys are overlooking is that Splash has a comic effect, which most other moves don't. It is clearly not the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoin View Post
    Baton Pass. Its advantages over switching are too minor that it's a waste imo
    Yeah... this is a dumb post, really. Baton Pass transfers stat changes. SmashPass was banned in RU for a reason and is still annoying as hell in higher tiers. Though full baton pass teams fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinty View Post
    I think the worst pokemon move is Bide, i mean it takes forever to charge up and then it doesnt even do that much damage depending on ur pkmn lvl.
    Bide can actually be pretty strong if you can survive two hits. It caught me off-guard a lot.

But I have to admit Splash is just plain useless, and also Constrict cos it's soooooooo weak.

Worst Pokemon move? Feint. Sure, it has a priority of 2 and can hit through Protect and Detect, but it only does 30 damage. And with only 10PP, it just sucks. In Generation IV it was even worse, because it could only hit while the foe was using Protect/Detect.

Also, Constrict. Very weak, and its secondary effect is a 10% chance to lower Speed? And on top of that, most of the Pokemon that learn it by level-up (not counting the evolved ones that learn it at level 1) have low Attack, making it even more useless.

Another bad one is Bubble, which is almost like a Water-type version of Constrict effect-wise. I always hate it when I get a Water Pokemon that only knows this for a Water attack, especially if I don't have the HM for Surf yet. And Masquerain using it is just pointless... doesn't even do that much damage to a Geodude, due to lack of STAB.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

That is, Unless Poliwrath hits you with Hypnosis first.

The worst Pokemon move (aside from Splash) would have to be Growl or Tail Whip. Everything and their mother has this in game, and it's fairly useless when you use it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    The worst Pokemon move (aside from Splash) would have to be Growl or Tail Whip. Everything and their mother has this in game, and it's fairly useless when you use it. :/
    Unless you're in a double battle, because it affects both foes.

Someone on some previous pages mentioned the multi-hit moves... True, the Skill Link ability helps, but those moves are also really useful on a Cinccino with Technician, since each hit gets a power boost. Especially if it's Bullet Seed, which is also 100% effective. Normal-type multi-hit moves like Fury Attack and Fury Swipes, on the other hand... not so much.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Even in doubles, Growl and Tail Whip are just terrible. Why not just use Work Up?

Detect. Every other wild pokemon or trainer pokemon in Gen V has Detect, and they use it over and over. When I'm trying to get past that Pokemon Breeder who just has to challenge you every single freaking time you walk past them and their pokemon uses detect six times in a row it just makes me want to tear my hair out in fistfuls.

For me, the worst move would be Present. It's not even that powerful of a move, and it has a chance of healing the foe.

Splash, at least to me, has some comedic value in 3D games. Just seeing Magikarp flop around... brings back good memories of when you defeat a certain famous creature in the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. I laugh every time at seeing Splash.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I hate those who put in conclusion that Splash is the worst move. Eh, Splash can be used in more than one strategy.
    As for me, I think we could talk about it for years to find nothing. A worst move just doesn't exist. But may I add something ?
    Is somebody understand the move Snatch ? I just can't get it. Everytime I face a Sneasel or a Liepard, it uses this move while it does just... nothing and I kill them right after. I think this move is pretty hard to find a useful way, but if Splash can have one, I guess Snatch can too.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Unless you're in a double battle, because it affects both foes.

Someone on some previous pages mentioned the multi-hit moves... True, the Skill Link ability helps, but those moves are also really useful on a Cinccino with Technician, since each hit gets a power boost. Especially if it's Bullet Seed, which is also 100% effective. Normal-type multi-hit moves like Fury Attack and Fury Swipes, on the other hand... not so much.
    Cinccino's Tail Slap says hello, I mean this thing does a lot of damage with a Technician boost and it's a staple in its competitive movesets. Skill Link also guarantees it will hit 5 times as well, and there's STAB on top of that.

But I do agree with whoever said Growl and Tail Whip since I have better luck by just raising my own stats anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberra View Post
    Detect. Every other wild pokemon or trainer pokemon in Gen V has Detect, and they use it over and over. When I'm trying to get past that Pokemon Breeder who just has to challenge you every single freaking time you walk past them and their pokemon uses detect six times in a row it just makes me want to tear my hair out in fistfuls.
    I had this same problem but with protect, gawd protect is so freaking annoying.

Well aside from the obvious splash I'm going to have to say Volt Switch, not because its a bad move but because its annoying
    as hell. Both ingame and in the meta game. Battling Elesa was a pain in the arse for me.

Snore is yet another completely useless move that has no reason to be used. When you're fast asleep, why not just use an Awakening/Full Restore? And Snore is weaker than Tackle of all things, which says something.

Hyper Beam and all the variants.

Back then, Giga Drain. 5 PP and 60 Power, and it was slightly stronger than the other draining versions. But that didn't cut it. Snatch for the same reasons as Papousse.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

explosion, only when you are going to catch a shiny and it explodes, otherwise it's a good move
    CLICK ON THE ONE TO WHOM VICTORY SHALL BELONG! Let It Rip, oh sorry not beyblade my bad

...Rock Smash just fills me with rage...
    it's so weak, and an HM

oh wait I have to mention Flash too

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I agree with the first post. Constrict is pretty bad. Splash is actually a good move. See for yourself:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-4CW68jv00
    LOL that made me do a double take there for a moment.

Incinerate: that new little baby fire move...why? It's just almost completely useless, ugh
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I hate those who put in conclusion that Splash is the worst move. Eh, Splash can be used in more than one strategy.
    As for me, I think we could talk about it for years to find nothing. A worst move just doesn't exist. But may I add something ?
    Is somebody understand the move Snatch ? I just can't get it. Everytime I face a Sneasel or a Liepard, it uses this move while it does just... nothing and I kill them right after. I think this move is pretty hard to find a useful way, but if Splash can have one, I guess Snatch can too.
    Snatch steals an opponents stat raising move and uses it for itself. Its suppose to be for out predicting your opponent. Definitely more useful than splash...
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123