Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: best video game bad guys

Default best video game bad guys

who i n your opinions are the best video game villains? ..discuss

I'd say Donkey Kong, too often people forget that he started out as a villain who kidnapped "Pauline" from "Jumpman" and threw barrels at you. AND THE LEVELS WERE SO DAMN HARD.
    not only that he made the transition from villain to protagonist of his his own games. i don't think any villain has received as much love as DK throughout the years, except maybe Glados.
    Last edited by PSX_Cheatster; 6th May 2013 at 8:17 PM.
    "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
    - Moldy Peaches

Spoiler:- The world ends with you:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

inb4 Kefka.

Lavos for being a ****ing planet devouring space hedgehog.

The members of FOXHOUND. All of them. It's kind of impossible for me to choose a best or worst.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

In terms of comic relief, definitely Bowser, especially in the RPGs spin-offs.

Spoiler:- Xenoblade spoilers:
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 21st May 2013 at 10:01 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    In terms of comic relief, definitely Bowser, especially in the RPGs spin-offs.

In all seriousness though, Zanza from Xenoblade was an excellent villain, pulling the strings while shrouded in question causing misery slowly creeping out and revealing himself only leading to many memorable plot twists.
    Pretty much all of this.

Ganon is pretty bro too.

Snip
    Did you just posted a Xenoblade spoiler? I really hope not as I and properly some other people have still yet to finish the game.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The game has been out for 3 years.

not to mention that the title of the thread clearly implies spoilers

To name a few:

Andrew Ryan - Bioshock
    The Overmind - StarCraft
    Arcturus Mengsk - StarCraft
    Jacob Dannik - Dead Space 3
    Dagoth Ur - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Saren Arterius - Mass Effect
    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    GLaDOS - Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The game has been out for 3 years.
    It's actually been out for 2 years nor should it matter and beside I have a social life which means I don't get the chance to sit down to play the for a long period of hours, which I mean that I am pretty much in the dark about the game story and would like to keep it that way until I am finished with the game. Beside it isn't hard to add a spoiler tag.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Jonaleth Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. He has the mind of Doctor Doom and he is arguably stronger than the fabled Elminster. He is cunning and manipulative to the point where even his defeats are according to his plan and end up working in his favor. Were it not for his sister Bhodi mucking his plans up by giving the hero (The son of a dead god) a chance to escape out of her desire for a fun hunt, Jon would have fully achieved his ultimate goals of revenge and godhood. And his voice acting is simply perfect.

Jon Irenicus
    Last edited by Zorupix; 7th May 2013 at 4:15 AM.

Spoiler:- Xenoblade:
    I'd be inclined to agree, since     Spoiler:- Xenoblade Spoilers:

And despite Ampy pre-empting it, yes; I friggin' love Kefka. To this day he remains my favorite villain. He was always power hungry, but he just became totally twisted in his lust for power. He didn't start off strong either, and in fact was a bit on the weak side. But he just slowly rose to power, becoming stronger through magic infusion, capturing Espers, and then finally the floating continent incident. All the while, taunting you and generally being an *** at every given opportunity. By the end of the game, you WANT to kill him. And then there's all the symbolism in the actual battle with him... And as bonus points for me, I've always loved how atypical he was as far as villains are concerned, especially within the Final Fantasy games. He's not some bishie, or some "badass" (usually in armor); he's a freaking psychotic clown! He's not sympathetic, either; he's power hungry and lacking inhibitions, doing anything and everything to get what he wants.

There's also the fact that he ACTUALLY WINS, and the second half of the game is retaking the ruined world from him. It's not just barely saving the day; he truly ruins the world, and creates a true feeling of hopelessness and despair. Love that man.

...In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not particularly a fan of sympathetic villains. I love a villain who's easy to hate (for their actions I mean, not hate in terms of being an ineffective villain).
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 7th May 2013 at 4:18 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

people may agree or disagree but i think sephiroth was a amazing villian from ff7

SHODAN is still my all-time favorite villain, especially thanks to the opening sequences of both System Shock games.

System Shock 2 is probably the only game besides Amnesia that I have trouble playing from abject terror. Especially in that opening level. Med Sci 1, man. ****'s terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    And despite Ampy pre-empting it, yes; I friggin' love Kefka.
    Don't get me wrong; I think Kefka is a great villain, I just don't think he's the "end-all be-all" of Final Fantasy villains. Kuja happens to be my favourite of the bunch but I definitely see where the love for Kefka comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    people may agree or disagree but i think sephiroth was a amazing villian from ff7
    I feel like what made Sephiroth a great villain wasn't his character but the presence he gives off throughout the game, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post

I feel like what made Sephiroth a great villain wasn't his character but the presence he gives off throughout the game, if that makes sense.
    ya i understand what u mean. i really liked him as a villian and i agree with kuja to but i havent beaten 9 yet and i need to replay it :P

Although her parts where rather short, I really liked Komari Vosa from Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

Also Darth Malak from Knights of the Old Republic

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

GLADOS from Portal and Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 were great.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

YES^ Handsome Jack was freaking awesome!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Arthas from the Warcraft games is a great villain. It's amazing how all traces of humanity were completely wiped away from him.
    My Y Team:

Since some people put down Nintendo villains, I'll mention this one. Even though the game's been out since 2007, I might as well be courteous about this. I hadn't played the game when it first came out, but I managed to sometime last year, and so the ending was pretty amazing and memorable to me, I didn't see it coming.

Spoiler:- Super Paper Mario spoilers:

I do not remember such a despicable, creepy villain in any other Mario series, and yet he was such a fun villain. You know, for kids!
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'd say Vladimir Makarov from the CoD Modern Warfare series. Call of Duty fans know how... atrocious this guy can be. Though he fits the role of villain very well.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Xehanort from the Kingdom Hearts Series. This of him as the Naraku of video games, once a normal man turned into a man who uses the darkness, comes in many forms, and has caused the suffering for everyone in the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    To name a few:

Andrew Ryan - Bioshock
    The Overmind - StarCraft
    Arcturus Mengsk - StarCraft
    Jacob Dannik - Dead Space 3
    Dagoth Ur - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Saren Arterius - Mass Effect
    Sovereign - Mass Effect
    GLaDOS - Portal
    Ah, But he wasn't really such a bad guy. He was clearly insane but...so was everyone else in Rapture. *No Spoilers*
    "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start. Just because we use cheats doesn't mean we're not smart."
    - Moldy Peaches

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast