Thread: Gabby and Ty training

Default Gabby and Ty training

I recently found out about a really good way to train pokemon before your Elite Four match, by battling Gabby and Ty over and over again.

Essentially, what you do is do the battle with Gabby and Ty with the 2 pokemon you want to train. By the end of the battle your pokemon will get 2000 xp total. Keep on doing this, and you'll eventually get high levels and exp. It's also good xp since the pokemon are pretty weak, maxing at lv 39.

An alternative is to train with only one pokemon in the party, so it can get a lot more xp. You can also give one of your pokemon the EXP share, so they get the majority of the xp.

NOTE: If you can't find them, you might've done the interview with them. If you did, they moved to another one of their spots. The spots are:
    Route 111 (North of Mauville)
    Route 118 (East of Mauville, on the other side of the water)
    Route 120 (East of Fortree)

Thanks and happy training!

EDIT: before E4*
    Last edited by Greekboy; 16th May 2013 at 3:15 AM.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I've battled them more times than I can count, but I don't find the battles to be all-that productive to be honest. That kind of training seems really tedious since you have to chase after them to various locations. I'd rather battle against the Elite Four; their Pokemon are stronger, and they give out a lot more money.

Haha, I've been doing that for years. Only to get my pokemon up over that awkward stage between 40 and 45 or 50 though; after that it's just sort of pointless, E4 is better for training after the game.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I've battled them more times than I can count, but I don't find the battles to be all-that productive to be honest. That kind of training seems really tedious since you have to chase after them to various locations. I'd rather battle against the Elite Four; their Pokemon are stronger, and they give out a lot more money.
    This.

Although I occasionally battle them when I'm training lower-leveled Pokémon, like those between the levels 20-50.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I remember doing that, battling them over and over again back in the good days. Now that I think about it, it's rather boring and unsatisfying to fight them since it's pretty monotonous and all...
    - Nate the

I trained against them sometimes, but I mostly just used the Pokénav and Secret Bases to rematch trainers instead as they gave much better experience than the TV duo. Participating in their interviews could sometimes be fun though.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Yeah, they were just until my Pokčs were strong enough for the elite four.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter02 View Post
    I trained against them sometimes, but I mostly just used the Pokénav and Secret Bases to rematch trainers instead as they gave much better experience than the TV duo. Participating in their interviews could sometimes be fun though.
    Secret Bases sadly won't work when your battery dies, and even if you replace it they still won't work

And to everyone else, I agree. These guys are really good for pre-e4 training but afterwards you should stick with the e4. I heard that they were better, but it doesn't really cut it for me...
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Post e4 the best way to level up in emerald is cloning massive amounts of rare candy.

Yeah, but that doesn't get u EVs and it's sorta like cheating... I mean, I clone Master Balls in case of shinies/rare PKMN, and yeah, that's exploiting the game, but rare candies? No. Just no.

I battled them so often that they just stay in one place now...

I used them as well but only when my team levels were low.
    I think most of players already know about it.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I like using Gabby & Ty for training too, especially during times where not many other trainers want rematches with me. I've always liked how you can rematch Gabby/Ty whenever you want.

If you reached the Pokémon League, there's really no reason to use Gabby and Ty for training, especially when you can rematch trainers whose Pokémon actually level up a few times to much higher levels than theirs. I would battle them for easy cash/Gabby to sob on TV, but I rarely used them for training purposes. By the time I reached the Pokémon League, I just trained/level-grinded in Victory Road and the occasional Trainer rebattle.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.