Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no longer the favorite Pokémon

Default no longer the favorite Pokémon

Do you have any Pokemon that was your favorite, but thanks to the introduction of a new Pokemon in a next generation, your favorite 'mon were replaced by other? What were these Pokemons?

For example, I used to consider Yanma my favorite Pokemon of all in Gen 1 and 2, but when Gen III was launched out, it was replaced by Milotic as soon as I used it.

Then, Milotic was my favorite Pokemon until Gen IV, when it was replaced by Lucario. Lucario got my attention mostly because of SSBB.

Unfortunatelly, in Gen V, Lucario were replaced by Volcarona. That fire bug is a killer when using special moves, I loved it!

Volcarona is now my favorite Pokemon of all and it will keep as my favorite if Gen VI doesn't introduce one that make me like more than it.
    Last edited by Mystical Jackal; 7th May 2013 at 3:43 AM.

I used to like buizel, zebstriker, umbreon and a few other pokemon but I got tired of how weak they were so now I try to choose strong pokemon as my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti4558 View Post
    I used to like buizel, zebstriker, umbreon and a few other pokemon but I got tired of how weak they were so now I try to choose strong pokemon as my favorites.
    "Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is just the selfish perception of humans. A truly great trainer tries to win with their favorites."
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Charizard used to be my favorite for a long time, but it was swiftly overtaken by White Kyurem, and it was pushed even further down my list of favorites when I discovered that I liked many other Pokémon a lot more than I liked Charizard (such as Quagsire, Dunsparce, Charmeleon, Darkrai, Palkia, and others).

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    "Strong pokemon, weak pokemon. That is just the selfish perception of humans. A truly great trainer tries to win with their favorites."
    To be fair, he/she did say that they had tried to use the weaker Pokémon. :P

Gardevoir used to be my fav until I got into competitive battling.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

Easily I can answer, since generation 1 until the introduction of generation 5, Persian used to be my #1 favorite - that was until Liepard was introduced and then it became #1, and Persian dropped down to 3rd (Purrloin was 2nd) - now that I favor mustelid Pokemon more, Persian has dropped down to almost #48th favorite. Its slowly making a comeback for me, as its now my #26th (yeah, I have all 649 of Pokemon in order saved on my pc, on notepad).
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Scyther was my favorite when I first got into the series. Then, because of the anime, I really liked Marill. But for some reason, I took a step backward and really just developed a love for Slowpoke. But I must say, Terrakion came very close to the top spot at one point.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/o920es.jpg[/IMG]

I loved Pikachu in generation 1, mainly because he was such a douche in the anime. The combination of cuteness, strength (anime-only) and being such a prick gave its whole species a level of personality for me. Then, Pikachu got more overused than a prostitute during shore leave, and it hit the point where the species as a whole became little more than an annoyance.

Charizard is also on the list. I still love it, but not nearly as much as I did when I was a kid. Back then, it was the incarnation of badassery. Now-a-days, it's become fairly standard, mainly due to the sheer number of cool Pokemon that exist.

I've loved Snubbull since the short that played before the first movie, though, and it remains my favorite, so not everything changes with time.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

I used to like Gyarados until Milotic appeared, and Lucario before Zoroark introduced.
    Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Kingdra used to be my favourite in Gen II, but was replaced with Salamence when Gen III came out, though I use both Pokémon and are still valuable to me.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Until the third gen, Raichu was my favorite, but was then usurped by Manectric.

Come the fifth gen, Hydreigon is now my current favorite Pokemon.

Mew used to my favourite, but now it is Mewtwo...

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Actually if your competitively playing that quote is meaningless because depending on who you are, your going to have to forgo that Butterfree or Manetric for Volcarona and Jolteon if you want to win. While no one is stopping you from using your favorites, it just means your not being truly competitive.

Anyway I didn't like the Creation Trio at first but Giratina rose and became one of my favorite Ghost Pokémon, replacing Dusknoir. Despite that the Creation Trio stands as my least favorite trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

I liked Luxray a lot because I thought it was really cool but now Hydreigon is my favourite. I still like Luxray though, but Hydreigon tops my list of favourites.
    Last edited by RainbowSupernova; 7th May 2013 at 10:35 AM.

I used to love Pikachu a lot, then my beloved Oshawott came along.

I have been stuck onto Oshawott since lol.

dream a little bigger.

pc | egc | tumblr

When I first started playing, I chose Treeko as my starter, so for a while I was quite smitten with Sceptile for a while (still have a soft spot for it). Then I met Lapras and it just really fit my personality. Lapras was my first level 100 Since then, I have gotten into breeding for IVs and found that while I still love Lapras just for itself, I have been really impressed with the way my Vaporeon and Jolteon have turned out. So Lapras is my favorite "just because" pokemon and has been for years. I just don't battle with it. I *do* hate to even see it in battle against my team because I'm all "Oh no! I have to faint a Lapras!!" lol
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

gastly used to be my fav until gen 4 when arceus comes

Squirtle was my favorite Pokémon until I discovered Charizard, which then became my favorite until I saw my level 71 Mewtwo getting obliterated in a single critical hit Hyper Beam from Lance's level 62 Dragonite in Pokémon Red. Dragonite then became my favorite Pokémon, and remains as such up to this day.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

It was infernape, but since fifth gen it is hydreigon and will ramain so.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by totoro123 View Post
    I liked Luxray a lot because I thought it was really cool but now Hydreigon is my favourite. I still like Luxray though, but Hydreigon tops my list of favourites.
    You, my friend, are awesome.
    Rakurai you're awesome too.
    Last edited by Minedreigon; 7th May 2013 at 1:01 PM.

Spoiler:- Credit:

Charmander used to be my favourite until Wobbuffet. This was probably because I went from just liking the cool Pokemon to the more unusual ones

Krookodile came close, but nothing yet has come along that can beat Sceptile for me. Treecko was my first Pokémon, and Sceptile my first lvl 100, plus it looks awesome.

Squirtle has always been my favorite Pokemon, so this is no issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti4558 View Post
    You're out of your damn mind if you think Umbreon is weak. Dafuq?
    I can smell u

Umbreon has always been my favorite... That have been a few obsessions now and then, but that sort of thing is just what keeps me into things like Pokemon. However, after the obsessions I always ended up back at Umbreon, so even through the little phases I tend to just keep saying that Umbreon is my favorite.

When I first learnt about Mewtwo, it became my favourite Pokemon, it being powerful and cat-like. ( I love cats. )
    However, seeing Miltank sweeping Ash's whole Team in the Anime made it my favourite Pokemon.
    Later, I learnt about Mew. It is my favourite Pokemon ever since and it shall stay my favourite Pokemon forever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast