Thread: Balance is Victory (Wifi OU RMT)

Default Balance is Victory (Wifi OU RMT)

Hey guys, this is my first RMT for a team I use on Pokemon Online in the Wifi OU tier. Go easy on me, I recently started playing Pokemon again after 5-6 years (ever since I was 12). Many of these Pokemon are my favorites, and as you can see from the title, I went for a balance of offense and defense. I believe that if a team has enough versatility, it can adapt to many situations and gain the advantage. I'm open to any constructive criticism, but the main theme I want to retain with this team is versatility and balance. Enjoy, and thanks!

Ninjask (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spd
    Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
    Moves:
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -X-Scissor

Standard set-up, also very useful for OHKOing non-defensive Celebi. If I can get in one Swords Dance and switch into Dragonite or Lucario (who has good coverage), it's usually a win.

His defense is upped so that he can take a few hits and so that substitute is viable, and I usually play it safe after getting in one Swords Dance and a Speed Boost or two and switch out.

Leftovers keeps him alive in a pinch, and is helpful for stallers as he can be used again after regenerating a bit.

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpD
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Punch
    -Roost

Great sweeper that can survive at least two hits thanks to Multiscale. This Pokemon gets me out of tough spots, and I've won more than a small amount of games where I had very unfavorable odds thanks to this Pokemon.

He doesn't have that much coverage, which is made up for by Lucario. I recently changed to this guy from Elecktross, who was there because he's one of my favorites, but really wasn't cutting it.

I usually switch to this guy on entry-hazard Pokemon and Dragon Dance once or twice then KO with Fire Punch. I have Roost to use when stallers are there.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Moves:
    -Blaze Kick
    -Close Combat
    -ExtremeSpeed
    -Ice Punch

Great Atk sweeper, especially with Life Orb. Deals a great amount of damage, and has great coverage, knocking out Landorus and Gligar with Ice Punch and quite often OHKOing neutrally with Close Combat.

Covers any of the types that Dragonite can't, and ExtremeSpeed finishes off whatever beats Dragonite with little HP left. Switching into this after Ninjask's Swords Dance usually results in a sweep, unless one of the few types that aren't covered by this movepool shows up.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 HP
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)

Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Softboiled
    -Seismic Toss
    -Aromatherapy

My SpD tanker. Aromatherapy is probably the most useful move on this guy, removing the constant Toxics and Thunder Waves thrown at my sweepers. Seismic Toss is great for reliable damage against any Pokemon, and Softboiled for some good instant regen. Toxic to stall out anyone.

Not sure if Natural Cure is a good idea because of Aromatherapy, so please take a look at that. The 252 Def is really needed, otherwise Blissey is killed way too easily before getting anything done. the 252 SpD lets Blissey switch in on almost any special attack that isn't super effective.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)

Moves:
    -Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip

My Def tanker/staller. He can switch into a variety of defensive moves, and it's very useful when I don't want one of my sweepers to get KOed. He regens a large amount with Leech Seed + Leftovers and does great damage with Gyro Ball and Power Whip. If I can get 3 stacks of Spikes, his job has been done outstandingly. Iron Barbs does decent damage to physical attackers as well.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Moves:
    -Secret Sword
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power Ice
    -Hydro Pump

My SpA sweeper. Water is a great type, and coming in after Politoed's Drizzle alone can let him sweep some Pokemon that are neutral to water. Secret Sword is a great move to use as well, and with the 51x Spd that Keldeo has from Choice Scarf, he outspeeds most of the tier.

Hidden Power helps against Landorus and Gligar when Lucario is out, but I don't really use it unless it's ultra-effective because it doesn't do a great deal of damage.

Again, any constructive criticism is welcome and I'm looking forward to the help I'll be getting with this team.
    Last edited by PikachuPower; 8th May 2013 at 2:51 PM.
        Spoiler:- My Personality:

Why no protect on it allows you to last longer and not having to always sub.
    Adlai maybe you should consider switching outrage for another move wouldn't wasn't to be locked into outrage on a ferrothorn that switches in.
    And also what hidden power does your keldeo have?
    Black 2 fc: 0176 0022 1991-Jorge
    credit to me

Protect on which Pokemon? I'm assuming Ninjask, and as I already said, it OHKOs Celebi and does damage to Breloom.

I personally don't seem the reason to run hp and defense evs onto Ninjask; it's still frail regardless and it is better suited as the speedy staller of sorts. Switch it in to a pokemon that is either trying to wall you, set up or stall (IE, Ferrothorn, Gliscor etc.) and start boosting with swords dance, and let the ability boost your speed as well. By this stage, the opponent would have either switched out already, or will switch on that turn. Regardless, use protect in both scenarios for safety and to ensure that your speed is boosted again with no loss of health.

One boost of attack from swords dance and two speed boosts means you can easily baton pass this onto one of your sweepers. The downside is that your sweepers are already pretty fast, particularly Keldeo if it's running a choice scarf set. I want to suggest turning one of your sweepers into a bulky one so that it could benefit from the stat boosts whilst retaining high defences.

But still, with all that, there isn't that much reason to use Ninjask. It is frail and not that great of a sweeper, your three sweepers are fast enough, and if you wanted to improve their speed still, I'd go with a better baton passer than Ninjask like Jolteon or another Eeveelution.

The rest of the team looks good too btw.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

What eeveelutions do you recommend besides Jolteon? And what tanky sweeper should I replace with which Pokemon in your opinion? I was thinking Tyranitar, but I already have a lot of Fighting weakness.

I haven't read the whole thing, but one point of note, on Lucario, Blaze Kick needs to be replaced. Between Ice Punch and Close Combat you hit everything that Blaze Kick does, for equal, or probably greater damage. I would suggest using Crunch instead of Blaze Kick, to help take out Jellicent which can pretty well laugh at most of your team right now.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Aerial ace>X-scizzor Breloom is much more of a problem than Celebi and aerial ace deals a decent amount to celebi too
    Keldeo-HP Ghost>HP Ice Jellicent is scaldy why you no know this?
    Swords dance>blaze kick on Lucario if Ninjask fails he can't pull his own weight without it.

on a more personal note, I would give ferrothorn stealth rocks over spikes, you don't have anything else to set up rocks and there are so many threats that are either flying or have levitate that wont take any damage plus breaking other dragonites multiscale and halving volcaronas health on each switch is always a plus, it also takes less turns to set up than spikes so you could consider rocky helmet over leftovers, if you switch it into something like outrage or ice shard it'll slice of more damage than Iron barbs alone I would also give it thunder wave you have nothing to revenge kill a +1 or +2 dragon even if keldeo keeps HP ice it just wont grab an OHKO 9 times out of 10 and opposing dragonites will just kill it with extremspeed anyway which brings me to my next point, your dragonite doesn't have any investment in bulk to warrant running roost replace that with earthquake for heatran or extremespeed
    White 2 FC: 0820 3759 9704
    FlawlessEvents: Movie14dw(HPice)AbramGAMESTPDW(HPice)SMR2012SPR2013

CHECK OUT MY SHOP-----> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...s-Trade-thread

I am one of the elite four at the wifi league, check it out if you want to become a leader or get some badges
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...82-WiFi-League
    Badges I've won: