Thread: The D. Knight Rises: A VGC 13 team.

Default The D. Knight Rises: A VGC 13 team.

Well, I'm back with a stronger VGC team than ever before. Well here it is:
        Spoiler:- Team building:

Eric (Politoed) @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Drizzle
    Level: 50
    EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 68 SAtk / 84 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Icy Wind
    - Perish Song
    - Protect

Well, here he is. Politoed, the summoner of rain. This is a Bulky EV set, originally by a nugget bridge guy (Biosci btw), but then improved by Silver Shark. This thing tanks quite a few hits, since it needs to withstand a beating for perish song. Scald is STAB, and icy wind is for speed support, and has helped a few times, for skill swap users, who try to stop perish song. Wacan berry is to soften electric attacks. Protect is to stall

Bellow (Gothitelle) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 52 SAtk / 88 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Skill Swap
    - Protect
    - Thunder Wave

Gothitelle is the other part to the perish trap combo. it is a good pokemon, since it traps. psyshock is useful for STAB. protect is stalling again. Thunder wave gives more speed support. Skill swap lets me give shadow tag to one of my other pokemon (usually ferro thorn or politoed). it also lets me steal swift swim and other abilities.

Thorny (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SDef
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 30 SAtk / 0 Spd
    - Power Whip
    - Thunder Wave
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Don't ask about spatt ivs, it don't matter. The EVS are to KO alot of gastrodon/swampert and counter rain teams with Power whip. thunder wave is more speed support. Leech seed is for an anooying stall with leech seed. protect stalls.

Draygoon (Kingdra) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Muddy Water
    - Substitute
    - Protect

Standard as hell Sub-dra. It hits hard and fast. hitmontop and it make a good lead, since it can set up sub. Draco meteor is a hard hitter, and muddy water is for STAB, with protect to let a team mate to take out a foe.

Hit-hop (Hitmontop) (M) @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Mach Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Wide Guard

Not your standard mon, but has its uses. It has alot of priority moves, and all are boosted by technician. A fighting gem mach punch is very good. Fake out is useful for set up. sucker punch is for latios. Wide guard protects alot of the team. EVS are for bulky offence

D. Knight (Dragonite) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Hurricane
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast

My MVP. It hits so hard with its moves, it is unbelievable. STAB hurricane hits hard and powerful. it is a great hitmontop counter, and reliable topmoth counter. Draco meteor hits stupidly hard, and KOes alot. Thunder deals hefty damage to alot of pokemon, and both it and hurricane are 100% acc under rain. Fire blast is for ferrothorns and other annoying stuff.

As much as I'm tired of seeing rain teams on wifi, this one does break the mold a bit. And it has Hurricane Dragonite, so automatic awesome points. Small problem with said Dragonite though: even with the scarf, without any speed investment it's going to get outran a lot. For example, 4 Hp Modest Volcarona outspeeds and after a Quiver Dance survives Hurricane, potentially allowing it to cause problems for teammates in the extra turn it would take for Dragonite to kill it. With 84 Hp, 4 Def., 244 Sp. Atk., 20 Sp. Def., 156 Spd you can outspeed max speed base 111's; or if you want a little more bulk you can go with 116 Hp, 4 Def, 252 Sp. Atk., 20 Sp. Def., 116 Spd to outspeed max speed base 105's. Personally I'd go with the faster set, as being able to KO the average Latios and all variants of Virizion before they can do anything would certainly make things easier for the rest of the team.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 9th May 2013 at 8:52 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    As much as I'm tired of seeing rain teams on wifi, this one does break the mold a bit. And it has Hurricane Dragonite, so automatic awesome points. Small problem with said Dragonite though: even with the scarf, without any speed investment it's going to get outran a lot. For example, 4 Hp Modest Volcarona outspeeds and after a Quiver Dance survives Hurricane, potentially allowing it to cause problems for teammates in the extra turn it would take for Dragonite to kill it. With 84 Hp, 4 Def., 244 Sp. Atk., 20 Sp. Def., 156 Spd you can outspeed max speed base 111's; or if you want a little more bulk you can go with 116 Hp, 4 Def, 252 Sp. Atk., 20 Sp. Def., 116 Spd to outspeed max speed base 105's. Personally I'd go with the faster set, as being able to KO the average Latios and all variants of Virizion before they can do anything would certainly make things easier for the rest of the team.
    I like that dragonite set. I'll have a go at testing it out.