Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Raging Tempest [OU Rain Team]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    689

    Default Raging Tempest [OU Rain Team]




    "When tempest tossed, embrace chaos." -Dean Koontz

    Hello and welcome to my second ever RMT on Serebii. This team was created by me and my friend ger9119, on the
    hopes of using two underrated Pokemon in OU. I chose Tornadus, and Ger chose Jolteon. I hope you enjoy this team, and feedback is always
    appreciated.



    .:TEAMBUILDING:.

        Spoiler:- Read:



    .:THE TEAM:.


    Extroph (Tornadus) @ Sharp Beak
    Prankster | Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hurricane | Tailwind | Hidden Power [Ice] | Superpower

    After recently reading an RMT on Smogon with this set, I decided to try it. Sharp Beak is very helpful for Hurricane abuse, because it deals
    20% more damage. Unlike Expert Belt, Hurricane is powered up without Hurricane having to be effective. For example:

    @Expert Belt: 252 SpA Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 175-207 (58.13 - 68.77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    @Sharp Beak: 252 SpA Sharp Beak Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 211-249 (70.09 - 82.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

    That extra damage boost can be crucial during a match, and can possibly save you during those moments. Another use of Sharp Beak is to
    pretend to be Scarfed. Hurricane on a Tornadus without Life Orb can make people think that it's Scarf, and that will add a surprise factor to it.
    Next up is Hidden Power. Hidden Power is such a good move for taking out Special Landos and Landorus-T. It could also take down
    Thundurus-T without Agility. Tailwind is there to add a speed boost before fainting, which really helps the momentum of your team.
    Superpower is there to deal damage against Steel types and Tyranitar.

    Synergy:
    • Rock Type: Hitmontop + Intimidate, Bronzong
    • Ice Type: Bronzong, Politoed
    • Electric Type: Jolteon


    --------------------------------------------------


    Ger (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
    Volt Absorb | Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Volt Switch | Thunder | Hidden Power [Ice] | Shadow Ball

    Jolteon is Ger's choice to use as an underrated Pokemon. Thunder hits hard in Rain, and Volt Switch keeps the team's momentum altogether.
    Hidden Power Ice is to inflict damage on Ground types with help of prediction, and Shadow Ball is to rid of Ghost types and fragile Psychic
    types to make way for Hitmontop.

    Synergy:
    • Ground Type: Bronzong, Dragonite, Tornadus


    --------------------------------------------------


    Maelstrom (Politoed) @ Choice Scarf
    Drizzle | Timid Nature
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Scald | Hidden Power [Grass] | Ice Beam | Psychic

    Politoed Scarf with Toxic can be really helpful, as it can cause deterioration towards an enemy weather summoner like Hippowdon. Scald is
    chosen over Surf or Hydro Pump due to its 30% chance to cause a Burn. This extra effect can aid the team defensively, and can also save
    Politoed from being KO'd quickly. Ice Beam is for Dragon types in general, though it can also be used against Grass types with the help of
    prediction. Ger and I decided to change this Politoed to a pure offensive set to cover more bases for Toed. HP Grass for Rotom W and other
    Water types, while Psychic stays for Keldeo and Fighting types.


    Synergy:
    • Grass Type: Bronzong, Tornadus, Dragonite
    • Electric Type: Jolteon


    --------------------------------------------------


    Ironclad (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
    Levitate | Sassy Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef | Speed IV: 0
    Gyro Ball | Stealth Rock | Toxic | Hidden Power [Ice]

    Ger and I chose a Specially defensive set, whose main use is to protect the others from Special Attackers and from Special Landorus. Without
    Bronzong, Rock Polish Landorus can poop on the team. Another use for Bronzong is to set up Stealth Rock. With an offensively oriented
    team, switches will most likely occur often in the enemy's side, making Stealth Rock useful. Hidden Power Ice is to counter Landorus and other
    Ground and Dragon types.

    Synergy:
    • Fire Type: Politoed
    • Dark Type: Hitmontop


    --------------------------------------------------


    Revolver (Hitmontop) @ Leftovers
    Intimidate | Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
    Rapid Spin | Sucker Punch | Foresight | Close Combat

    Hitmontop is the perfect way to combat Tyranitar. With Intimidate and a strong Defense, Hitmontop can easily force Tyranitar out. Rapid Spin
    is to support Dragonite and Tornadus against Stealth Rock, and Foresight is there to ensure the use of Rapid Spin without a Ghost type
    ruining it. Sucker Punch is to get a good deal of damage out of Psychic types and Gothitelle, who is appearing more and more nowadays. With
    Bronzong, the team finally has a good absorber for Physical and Special Attackers.

    Synergy:
    • Flying Type: Bronzong, Jolteon
    • Psychic Type: Bronzong


    --------------------------------------------------


    Thunder God @ Expert Belt
    Multiscale | Mild Nature
    EVs: 152 Atk / 200 SpA /156 Spd
    Thunder | Earthquake | Extremespeed | Hurricane

    This Dragonite set, in my opinion, is the epitome of rain abuse. With both Thunder and Hurricane, Dragonite can lash out strong moves while
    still covering a number of types. Dragonite's Roost allows him to restore his Multiscale, while Superpower is against Tyranitars who try to
    counter a "Special Dragonite". We have changed Roost and Superpower for Earthquake and Extremespeed, only to take care of Sun teams
    and other Steel types. Extremespeed also gives Dnite a fighting chance to KO someone faster that's about to faint.


    Synergy:
    • Dragon Type: Bronzong
    • Ice Type: Bronzong, Politoed
    • Rock Type: Hitmontop, Bronzong





    .:Conclusion:.

    That's about it for our team. I hope you enjoyed reading it, and maybe you can leave a comment or two below. Suggestions are always accepted, and in fact encouraged, due to the team's imperfection as it is right now. If you want to use the team:

    .:Importable:.
        Spoiler:- Read:
    Last edited by Extroph; 9th May 2013 at 4:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where the Sun Don't Shine
    Posts
    555

    Default

    toss ice beam for e speed on d nite

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    toss ice beam for e speed on d nite
    Sorry for the typo, it was meant to be Roost rather than Ice Beam. Do you think Espeed > Roost?

    3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Watch your back
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Hey ex, nice team you have!

    The first immediate thing I see is that Mixed Kyurem-B can 6-0 you. Ice Beam Tornadus, Earth Power Jolteon, Fusion Bolt Politoed, Earth Power Bronzong (Teravolt negates Levitate), do any move but Ice Beam on Top, and Ice Beam Dragonite. I use the Scarf Mixed set, which is specifically what could get you. There are a number of counters such as Scarfrachi. Next, switch Superpower on Dragonite for Outrage or Dragon Claw. STAB Dragon kicks arse, and Tornadus already has Superpower. I also don't see the point of Psychic on Politoed besides Breloom. Other than that, solid team!




    ~Credits to myself~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Hey ex, nice team you have!

    The first immediate thing I see is that Mixed Kyurem-B can 6-0 you. Ice Beam Tornadus, Earth Power Jolteon, Fusion Bolt Politoed, Earth Power Bronzong (Teravolt negates Levitate), do any move but Ice Beam on Top, and Ice Beam Dragonite. I use the Scarf Mixed set, which is specifically what could get you. There are a number of counters such as Scarfrachi. Next, switch Superpower on Dragonite for Outrage or Dragon Claw. STAB Dragon kicks arse, and Tornadus already has Superpower. I also don't see the point of Psychic on Politoed besides Breloom. Other than that, solid team!
    Thanks for the nice rate Skam :] I love how you pointed out Kyurem-B as a danger, because Sparkbeat just vm'd me saying I should use Sub CM Rachi. However, with you pointing out Kyurem's danger, I decided to try out Mix CM Rachi with Iron Head / Wish / Thunder / Calm Mind, or another set similar to that. However, with Bronzong gone, Landorus can do a deal of damage towards my team if I don't play well against it. Another thing is your Outrage suggestion. To be honest, I'd try it if Dragonite wasn't so slow. I can't risk being stuck on a non-boosted Dragonite, for obvious reasons ;-; Again, thans for the rate, and I'll go ahead and try out big boy Rachi!

    3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extroph View Post
    Thanks for the nice rate Skam :] I love how you pointed out Kyurem-B as a danger, because Sparkbeat just vm'd me saying I should use Sub CM Rachi. However, with you pointing out Kyurem's danger, I decided to try out Mix CM Rachi with Iron Head / Wish / Thunder / Calm Mind, or another set similar to that. However, with Bronzong gone, Landorus can do a deal of damage towards my team if I don't play well against it. Another thing is your Outrage suggestion. To be honest, I'd try it if Dragonite wasn't so slow. I can't risk being stuck on a non-boosted Dragonite, for obvious reasons ;-; Again, thans for the rate, and I'll go ahead and try out big boy Rachi!
    Normal Sub/Cm can beat Cube with Flash Cannon as his coverage move.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbeat View Post
    Normal Sub/Cm can beat Cube with Flash Cannon as his coverage move.
    Hmm, so CM / Sub / Thunder / Flash? That doesn't sound half bad actually. But it also looks weak to Landorus if not given enough time to rack up them CM's

    3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Watch your back
    Posts
    446

    Default

    For the sake of beating them fast and easily, ScarfRachi could help. Iron Head and Ice Punch deal with the two, unless it's Landorus-T. You could also try Water Pulse or HP Ice on your CM Rachi set.




    ~Credits to myself~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    For the sake of beating them fast and easily, ScarfRachi could help. Iron Head and Ice Punch deal with the two, unless it's Landorus-T. You could also try Water Pulse or HP Ice on your CM Rachi set.
    But with scarf rachi you lose out on key special bulk, since iirc a specs latios draco meteor does about 60%

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Watch your back
    Posts
    446

    Default

    I'd say to run a set with CM / Flash Cannon / Water Pulse or HP Ice / Thunder or something




    ~Credits to myself~

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Maybe, we're still trying to come up with a set to work well with the team's current play style and synergy.

    3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Those who arrive, survive
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extroph View Post
    Maybe, we're still trying to come up with a set to work well with the team's current play style and synergy.
    Jirachi
    Naive
    Choice Scarf
    152 Attack/200 Special Attack/ 156 Speed
    Hidden Power Ice/Thunder/U-Turn/Iron Head

    This is the set i've been testing for the team thoughts?
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •