Thread: Advice

Default Advice

I wrote the first chapter of a fan fic I was going to do, but when I posted it it got shut down because the plot wasn't original my grammar was bad and the first entry wasn't long enough. Should I try the same topic or should I try something new. Also I don't have ms word I do my posts on my iPad because my bro would make fun of me if I did it on the computer so how will I know when i reach the two page minimum
    Please give advice!
    P.S. now as I re-read this post I realize that my grammar does suck.
    Favorite Pokemon
    Azumarill

Favorite Game
    Pokemon Black 2

Up to you. Write about what you want, but try to plan a bit and think through any ideas you have (e.g. 'does this event make sense?' 'How would this character react/say/do when this happens?', and so forth). Check out other stories too for comparison, and also the Advice for Aspiring Authors thread sticky.

Having to post on your iPad won't be an excuse either - we still expect some quality standards (not that you should pay attention to your brother - if you enjoy writing then that should outweigh some teasing, as annoying as it may be... but I guess that is another matter). There are alternatives to Word though, such as google docs (free to use, allows of saving of files online so you can tell the two pages there), and as a worst case option you can PM yourself the story as you work on it and make use of online spell/grammar checkers. But otherwise you may just need to use the computer from time to time.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Thanks for all your help I really posted to early before I thought things through.
    Favorite Pokemon
    Azumarill

Favorite Game
    Pokemon Black 2