Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    We both know very well he in no way possible would use an older Pokemon.
    Clearly. Reason being that he wants to train his newer, less experienced Pokemon. That doesn't change the fact that he could have used Infernape. Just as easily as he called for Charizard. Georgia complaining about Iris not using a Dragon type throughout the Donamite was clearly comically lampshading the issue of her relying on another Pokemon in that tournament that wasn't Axew, a Dragon type.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 10th May 2013 at 7:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Clearly. Reason being that he wants to train his newer, less experienced Pokemon. That doesn't change the fact that he could have used Infernape. Just as easily as he called for Charizard. Georgia complaining about Iris not using a Dragon type throughout the Donamite was clearly comically lampshading the issue of her relying on another Pokemon in that tournament that wasn't Axew, a Dragon type.
    Nice try. Georgia wanted Iris to use a dragon type in general. She never once singled out Axew.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    She never once singled out Axew.
    Because she totally didn't wonder why Iris wasn't using Axew in the finals against Ash in the Don Battle tournament. Would she have been complaining had Iris at least tried to use Axew in the Donamite? Probably not.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 10th May 2013 at 7:19 PM.

Not really, it has more to do with the fact BW doesn't allow older Pokemon and Satoshi had a team of 9 Pokemon at the time. There isn't any reason to call his strongest Shinou Pokemon back for a tournament it would get beaten in since the writers weren't gonna pass up Dageki VS. Nageki. He just used Zuruggu because it was a fighter, he said so himself. You can't really compare Iris using her Doryuzu, a current member of her team, in a tournament to Satoshi recalling an elder Pokemon to use. Honestly, Satoshi hasn't called back any older Pokemon for current saga tournaments since Johto. That's most likely because their was a ton of piggybacking off of Kanto for Johto in the anime and in-game. Langley said she wants to see Iris use more Dragon-types, she battled Kibago in her debut episode and busted him quickly. She was impressed with him in the Don Battle due to his Outrage and wanted to see more of that, as I said before, it's unfortunate the writers don't use Kibago enough. At the moment him and Zuruggu have a nearly equal amount of battles.

Zuruggu has Yanakkie, Nageki, Vulgina, Kibago, Hachiku, Darumaka, Pikachu, Yogiras, and Hiyakkie.

Kibago has Tsunbear, Zuruggu, Gobito, Banipuuchi, Gablias, Yanappu, Monmen, and some Plasma/Rocket(Desmas, etc.) battles and some general group stuff.(Kami Trio, Shobu's Sanzandora.)

People expect Kibago to battle more and get more battles because he's an out-of-the-ball Pokemon. But they are pretty much around the same level and the show has pretty much acknowledged that completely up until this point. Kibago was better with Dragon Rage but in the Gothimu episode the writers went back to the tie system. Cementing the fact they were both equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    As I said before, it's unfortunate the writers don't use Kibago enough.
    Which is there entire point, especially when she only had 3 Pokemon for almost 80 episodes lol. :P
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 10th May 2013 at 8:12 PM.

Which is there entire point, especially when she only had 3 Pokemon for almost 80 episodes lol. :P
    And it was used here, what's the point lol? Lot of bickering for something that the episode wasn't even about people.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Really? No one brought up the Eelektrik sighting? Okay...

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Nice try. Georgia wanted Iris to use a dragon type in general. She never once singled out Axew.
    Because as seen in the Junior Cup, she thought Iris' only Dragon-type was Axew this whole time. So yes at that time she was technically singling out Axew.

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    Really? No one brought up the Eelektrik sighting? Okay...
    I didn't even notice until I read the 'debut' on Bulbapedia. It appeared for like 2 seconds though, what a sad first appearance.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm actually kinda disappointed the Marine Tournament wasn't expanded on. I would have preferred that over the first two Team Rocket fillers of Da!. With nothing but filler characters in it besides Satoshi and Iris it might have been a fun watch and only would have required two episodes since they wouldn't have to focus on the rivals. At the same time it might have been boring with the lack of rivals, still they could have easily made up and excellent tourney only character like Masaomi from the Donamite. It just seems like a wasted chance.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Because as seen in the Junior Cup, she thought Iris' only Dragon-type was Axew this whole time. So yes at that time she was technically singling out Axew.
    But she didn't. At the Clubsplosion she said "Why aren't you using A dragon type pokemon?" emphasis on 'A'

After the Clubsplosion, she probably made the connection that Axew was still her only.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I didn't even notice until I read the 'debut' on Bulbapedia. It appeared for like 2 seconds though, what a sad first appearance.
    Now all we need is Klang, but it will probably just appear in a cave as a background pokemon...

Ooh, I really like this episode, it had a few funny moments too! So it looks like Ash, Iris and Cilan will be traveling through multiple ships with a different Parker on board.

I like the idea of having a small tournament on the ship during the course of the episode and its cool to see Ash win the Marine Cup with Pikachu, yay! I thought its interesting to see that the bad guy uses it for his plan instead.

So anyway, after the tournament is over with, the lady Ash and co met awhile back says she's missing a gem, the Liepard's Eye from her special collection of jewels. It looks like its up to Cilan, so I guess its detective time~! It seems like the lady's Purrloin suspects its the runner up of the tournament.

So I guess Cilan had it all figured out revealing its not actually the other gem collector but it is the runner up from the tournament, omg! :O Haha, a member of the International Police puts a stop to the bad guy.

Lol, seeing Cilan's interactions with Purrloin were really funny. So yeah, I really like this episode, its great to see it focusing on Cilan and his fear with Purrloin! Now I'm really looking forward to the episode!! I guess its a 9/10 I enjoyed it a lot.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    So Ash finally won a tournament...
    Doesn't count when it's a minor tournament and Ash is only using Pikachu.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

this really fun episode i laugh so many times that why i love DA
    after watch this episode i'm really curious right now why dento afraid of choroneko, he tell his reason to ash and iris =.=
    i wish the ship didn't sensor dent secret
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Multiple Parker surprised me. I guess it makes sense. I just noticed that only one person mentioned it before, that's why it went over my head.

I actually liked this episode alot. It wasn't a boring filler. Well actually, imo best wishes never had any boring fillers. But I liked this ones plot a lot. Cilan got some screentime! And yay no TR when we don't need them. Honestly I'm glad they didn't pull a DP episode where TR draws attention away from the main plot. They come, pikachu zaps them, they blast off is extremely old. They should keep it like this and only use TR when they can contribute to an episode. Cilan's reaction when purrloin falls in his hands was priceless. And we see another international police. I was almost positive that the guy was Looker, but it looks like we get someone else instead. The only thing that bothered me about this episode was that Cilan doesn't tell them why he's afraid of purrloins. Gah I've been so curious on why, yet they don't explain. I wonder if the writers don't even know themselves yet. :P

@ Doryuzu
    Nah, I'm glad they didn't expand it. There were no rivals of Ash, Iris, or Cilan's therefore they didn't need to make the tournament 2 eps long. The TR eps did have some purpose. Like the first one was there to show us that TR are yet again going after pikachu because Gio doesn't have them doing anything big currently.

NO

NO

NO

How dare they not show us why Cilan fears Purrloin at the end, but Ash and Iris know during that terrible cut. Could have been closure, but Cilan still fears Purrloin as it is.

And that agent guy who showed up at the end had nothing on Looker.

And finally, Ash won a tournament... for once. Of course he gets a short lived win.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

This was an okay episode. And I'm into mysteries. And I was actually guessing right along with this ep. At first I thought the guy with the black hair and shades was Prof Oak in disguise.
    And the end...WTF?! Looks like another mystery for us to solve in the future

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I wonder why is Cilan afraid of Purrloin? We never got to hear it because of the ship horn. Oh well, it was a good episode, Cilan was in his finest.

I liked this episode very much because of how humorous it was. I don't mind if it was a filler in that regard.

Except the writers thought it'd be funny to just keep Cilan's fear of Purrloin a secret from the audience. That dumbed down the whole thing a lot.

Initially, I thought this episode was gonna be terrible. In the end, it was a decent filler.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I have actually been enjoying DA so far, it is not as bad the people who watch the Subs made it seem

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast