Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

And that's what a noodle incident is. >.>

Sorry, I just get tired of hearing that all BW is is a shout out to OS. :/ I like to keep Dento and Iris as their own characters, not just a shadow of the former. >.<;;
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 9th May 2013 at 2:23 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    And that's what a noodle incident is. >.>

Sorry, I just get tired of hearing that all BW is is a shout out to OS. :/ I like to keep Dento and Iris as their own characters, not just a shadow of the former. >.<;;
    Nobody's saying that, just that there is no answer because it's just used to give him another quirk.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    There seemed to be a reason why he doesn't trust/scared of them or w/e as indicated by that one Meowth episode. I think it's just his version of Brock's Professor Ivy, in that there is an explanation but we'll never get it. Misty was just the generic "Ima afraid of bugs" cliche.
    I said this before episode aired, that it has to be a reason why he fears them its not logical from what was shown that he is just scared, I kinda meant that apparently they are going let it go as that.

When we first heard of the Marine Cup Tournament thing, I half expected Ash and Iris to blast through it with Charizard and Dragonite, given how short it was going to be. Then we got the VA list. I'm glad Iris used Axew, even if it resulted in a loss. Pikachu being used instead of something else like Leavanny was kinda irksome though.

Lol, I guess when Ash and Iris said they were entering Cilan thought, "well they have Dragonite and Charizard...so yeah lol, no entering for me."Though it's probably only really because there were already 16 people in it.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 9th May 2013 at 2:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I said this before episode aired, that it has to be a reason why he fears them its not logical from what was shown that he is just scared, I kinda meant that apparently they are going let it go as that.
    comedically reason or scarred for life reason? Which one you think? I say the latter than the former since it's always the worse for anyone, but funny to the other.

I liked this episode quite a bit. Some good battling and I like detective Cilan. So I guess Cilan getting scared of Purrloin on the ship will be a running gag throughout DA!
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I am happy that Dent finally figured most of everything out for a change lol. Its never good to be always wrong.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Oh look, the writers ignore it again -_-.....seriously at least give a a reason for the hate.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh look, the writers ignore it again -_-.....seriously at least give a a reason for the hate.
    They didn;t ignore, but it doesn't have to be explained. Like the Ivy thing, leave to you to fill in the blanks.

Wait holy crap. Dento actually TOLD them the reason and then it showed their surprised faces I think. xDD THEY HID IT FROM US BECAUSE they couldn't think of something THEY ARE TROLLS. D; I think they just figured the audience could do what they want with it.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

OK, I´m oficially done (-_-).
    It's good to know that Cilan finally solved a mistery, it's good to know that Ash will leave Unova with ONE competitive achievment apart of his gym battles, but ... all this is just ... useless ... I mean, another Cilan-centered episode where he doesn't get a crap?.
    This kind of things makes me wonder about what Cilan's real point in the series is, I mean (and this is the only time I'll say it) they could just keep Brock if they only will give Crustle and Stunfisk to the male compannion.
    In the strict Pokémon party thing (His connossieur career is fine, he's not the first character that started his run being good in his speciality), Cilan's team is seriously screwed and is almost a given that it won't change at all in the rest of the arc, and is almost a given he will leave with only 3 Pokémon with 2 of them not being usable in Striaton Gym, yes, Pansage, Crustle and Stunfisk all have in almost 3 years a WAY better run than Steelix, Geodude, Crobat, Vulpix, Forretress, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, Sudowoodo, Croagunk and Chansey had in 13, but in 3 years, every other compannion had at least 4 Pokémon with them (¬_¬).

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    They didn;t ignore, but it doesn't have to be explained. Like the Ivy thing, leave to you to fill in the blanks.
    Ya that requires clues. The Ivy thing was pretty damn clear. She rejected Brock, it's not even that hard to see.

We have NOTHING here. All we know is something terrible happened.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ya that requires clues. The Ivy thing was pretty damn clear. She rejected Brock, it's not even that hard to see.

We have NOTHING here. All we know is something terrible happened.
    - She could be a man
    - She could be a sex maniac
    - He couldn't "work as a man" on their first ... night
    - He could make her pregnant and abandon her
    - He could make her pregnant and made her to get rid of the baby
    - He discovered they we're actually related

Is not THAT clear

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - She could be a man
    - She could be a sex maniac
    - He couldn't "work as a man" on their first ... night
    - He could make her pregnant and abandon her
    - He could make her pregnant and made her to get rid of the baby
    - He discovered they we're actually related

Is not THAT clear
    I'm sorry since when the hell are we watching family guy??

THIS IS POKEMON, it's not THAT complicated.

It could be that it wasn't explained because it was too much for Pokemon. Brock has been rejected on screen before. Come on man it's fun to think about.:]
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    It could be that it wasn't explained because it was too much for Pokemon. Brock has been rejected on screen before. Come on man it's fun to think about.:]
    Lol it's like you guys don't know how simple the writers are or something .

OK, let's make it "Pokémon-y"
    - She's married and her husband kicked his butt
    - She's a single mother
    - He got fired off the lab after a big mistake
    - She's "married with her job"

Another pretty fun episode. We actually get some battling, some funny Cilan moments and character interactions (I thought the intense Pokemon League music during Cilan's monologue in the middle of the episode was great), and a decent filler plot.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Eh, not sure what I think about this episode
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Just checked out the pics for this episode.

Kibago got used and got hammered by Banipuuchi's Ice-type moves, that's better than Kibago having no formal battles at all as far I'm concerned. At least he managed decently and hey, Iris cringing at the appearance of Banipuuchi and the joke with her ginormous hair was nice too. Meh at Pikachu being used the whole tournament, why not Gamagaru or Lizardon? There are a million better choices than Pikachu. It's an Electric-type against another Electric-type(And Bug-type)....Nice to see Satoshi came out on top, wonder why Dento didn't enter? Gardie's Fire Fang looked cool. I'm not surprised Dento's Choroneko fear was left ambiguous, it's nothing really to get upset about and I half-expected it just to be a reference to the black cat superstition anyway. I only really wanted it revealed so he could get some development, but no point in crying over spilled milk. It's good he got an episode since he hasn't had one for a while.

Wasn't that old man going to steal the jewel if he could? I think it's funny how he went unscathed in this situation. It was nice to see Ash win a tournament, despite how random and unimportant it seemed to be, and yes, I know Don battles aren't any better, but still. I did like the overall episode, and although Pikachu will always be my favorite and slay all of Ash's pokemon, I want to see more Snivy, Charizard, and reserves fighting.

7.5 / 10
    Last edited by jrizza88; 9th May 2013 at 9:32 PM. Reason: giving score

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I knew this episode would be boring, and I was sort of right imo. The previews totally ruined the mystery and there wasn't much left to look forward to. I didn't find Cilan funny or anything, nor was the plot strong enough to pull me in. Still, there were some highlights. I liked that Ash and Iris participated in the tournament even if Iris's battle was sad and Ash used Pikachu again instead of giving his other Pokemon a chance to battle. And yeah, I realize that Ash's Pikachu helped the thief set his plan into motion, but he could have easily done it with just his Galvantula in my opinion. Anyway, Ash won the tournament right? So maybe people can stop complaining about him not winning any tournaments in BW lol. The worst part of the episode was that once again, and as I predicted a dozen times in the other thread, we never learned why Cilan hates Purrloin. I mean seriously, the writers need to stop playing around and just reveal the reason. Anyway, I give this episode four kisses out of ten. I'm seriously starting to lose hope in DA. :c

Its like the writers make their executive decisions just to irritate me. The only of Ash's Pokemon we see battle, or indeed, at all was Pikachu. That is my definition of stupid pointless filler. If no moves are learnt, no captures are made, nothing evolves and only Pikachu appears, then a episode is a filler and I don't want to see it.

This saga is shaping up to be entirely atrocious fillers and Oshawott-spam. And the league was cut short for this tat....
    Last edited by naughtynun; 9th May 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

It wasn't bad, I guess. Even though the mystery was spoiled, I wish they devoted more time to fleshing it out. Instead of having a useless tournament, just have that Antonio look-a-like challenge Ash. It would save Iris the embarrassment and Ash for having an excuse to use Pikachu only.

It was kind of pointless though. Nothing developed in Cilan. I don't get why only the Liepard Eye was stolen too.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I knew this episode would be boring, and I was sort of right imo. The previews totally ruined the mystery and there wasn't much left to look forward to. I didn't find Cilan funny or anything, nor was the plot strong enough to pull me in. Still, there were some highlights. I liked that Ash and Iris participated in the tournament even if Iris's battle was sad and Ash used Pikachu again instead of giving his other Pokemon a chance to battle. And yeah, I realize that Ash's Pikachu helped the thief set his plan into motion, but he could have easily done it with just his Galvantula in my opinion. Anyway, Ash won the tournament right? So maybe people can stop complaining about him not winning any tournaments in BW lol. The worst part of the episode was that once again, and as I predicted a dozen times in the other thread, we never learned why Cilan hates Purrloin. I mean seriously, the writers need to stop playing around and just reveal the reason. Anyway, I give this episode four kisses out of ten. I'm seriously starting to lose hope in DA. :c
    Pretty sure their purpose here was to make clear that they're not going to reveal it to us. Cilan told Ash and Iris but the camera cut off until they had learned the terrifying truth off screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I don't get why only the Liepard Eye was stolen too.
    Because it was Vanillite alone stealing it, it could only carry that one in its mouth I guess.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 9th May 2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast