Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cilan and the Case of the Purrloin Witness! (786)

Fine episode. Maybe one day the writers will actually explain the fear Cilan has on Purrloin.

This was a great episode, I'm glad Ash won a tournament .... for once after so long.
    It was nice to see an episode focused on Cilan, (Thankfully there was no appearance from Team Rocket in this episode) I liked how Clian found out the thief who stole Mrs. Ripple's rare jewel "The eye of Liepard".
    But at the end of this episode, I was like WHAT? Cilan told Ash and Iris the reason why still fears Purrloin .... But off-screen ?! I guess it's another mystery that will be solved in the future ....... Or maybe not.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 22nd August 2013 at 7:57 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This was quite a good episode in my opinion. It was mixed with the funny moments of Cilan and Purrloin and the excitement of Ash's tournament, even though we saw very little of it. It's just a little infuriating that we didn't find out why Cilan fears Purrloin. I hope they reveal it before the end of the arc.

Anyway, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I actually liked this episode. I think having a mystery story play out is probably what won it for me. Sure its filler but it was still enjoyable. I could have sworn Cilan had shown a Purrloin fear before, way back in the middle of Unova. Just shows you can write a good filler without goofy TRio showing up.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Ash won that tournment for Iris

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Ash won that tournment for Iris
    And she cheered him on all the way. People who say the whole "such a kid!" shtick means the two aren't friends are deluding themselves.

I bet the reason we don't hear why Cilan fears Purrloin is because it's inappropriate for even kids to hear. Guess that Purrloin back in Cilan's years must have done something REALLY horrible to him.

I doubt he'll tell his fear openly now that Ash and Iris know about it, and they looked pretty shocked. Kind of lame, but oh well.

At least we know the reason for other fears carried by previous members of Ash's gang.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The guy who voices Master Roshi in DBZ was in this episode apparently

It was a great episode. I usually don't enjoy fillers like this one. I was surprised Team Rocket didn't appear at all.

Yeah I agree with Zoruagible. This was a filler that I actually liked, and the plot wasn't as simplistic as I would've thought if you told me there was a mystery episode of pokémon.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

As of this episode, I am finally completely caught up in the anime. I've seen every movie, Pikachu short, special, and episode. That only took like two years.

Anyway, this episode was decent. The gems looked pretty cool. Interesting that Cilan's fear got brought up again, but now that Iris and Ash know I doubt we ever will. I guess it's up to your imagination.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Is it me or did the ships captain bear a strong resemblence to Hitler?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I really wanted to know why Cilan was afraid of purrloin! What a way to fill up the suspense and to disappoint us.... That guy was pretty slick to cut the power out and use vanillite to steal the jewel. Ash finally wins a tournament even though it wasn't really a big one like the tag battle contest or poke ringer contest
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345