Thread: Pokemon Pocket Comics

Default Pokemon Pocket Comics

Dunno much about this, but apparently on Free Comic Book Day, they released the BW 4Komas.

According to this, it's called Pokemon Pocket Comics and will be normally released in the Fall.

I have that comic book and scans of it, if anyone's interested.

More localised Pokemon mangas are always good, though a 4koma series seems like an odd choice.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    I have that comic book and scans of it, if anyone's interested.
    Could you post 'em?

Lolz at the zorua one. Some good stuff here.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

>320 pages worth of Pokemon BW.
    >8 (or 10) dollars?

Totally worth it. Are there any other versions like HGSS? And secondly I thought this was supposedly the gag comic (the one with Clefable and Red).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    >8 (or 10) dollars?

Totally worth it. Are there any other versions like HGSS? And secondly I thought this was supposedly the gag comic (the one with Clefable and Red).
    Yes, there are other versions, but only in Japan. Maybe if it sells well, they might release the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    >8 (or 10) dollars?

The Clefairy gag manga is Pokémon Pocket Monsters. While Pokémon Pocket Comics is the translation of Pokémon 4Koma. They are two completely different series by different authors.
    Pokémon Pocket Monsters has terrible artwork, jokes that aren't really funny (but that could be because it is very hard to make good translations of gag mangas) and an actual storyline. Pokémon 4Koma has good art, kind of ok jokes (varies between different 4Komas) and no storyline, just a lot random short skits.
    And as SmartD said, there are other "versions" of it, as you can see on Pokémon 4Koma's Bulbapedia page.

It is really weird though that VIZ chose to publish this. It's really hard to make good accurate translations for it and it's a risk as well, since this is the first Pokémon gag manga they have ever published. Pokémon RéBURST would have made much more sense. Either way, I will definitely buy this when it is released. Hopefully VIZ will start publishing more Pokémon mangas that aren't movie mangas now. It's been over two and a half year since they published their last Pokémon manga that wasn't Pokémon Adventures or a movie manga.
    Last edited by Manga Reader X; 15th May 2013 at 4:47 PM.

Pokemon gag manga, eh, seems like something for more of a younger and comedic audience. I don't really care about this, Pokemon ReBurst would have been preferred.

*Shrugs*

Aww this looks so cute. X3 I love the scans. xD I giggled at Zorua's "trick" and Purrloin with the hula-hoop. xD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Really liked them comics, especially the Bisharp one. It reminded me of the episode of SpongeBob with the Salty Spatoon in it.

I do have to say that I'll be picking it up once it is released. Though I guess that VIZ will give an exact date here pretty soon since they like to announce release dates a few months ahead of their release. Now if the original Japanese one does more like these based on XY, I hope that VIZ will release it here. Though I guess that VIZ will decide on releasing it based on how well this sells. I don't worry about that since the fact that it would be well received by "punny" comedic people like myself and kids who like the series at all.

Besides, I hope they release ReBurst here too. Though I guess we'll have to wait and see. I want to see it released here but the approaching release of XY makes me feel like that probably wouldn't. But hey, I'd say that they'll have something pertaining about releasing it here in the not so far future if they do release it.

When I'm not playing Tomodachi Life, Alfonzo is in charge of running
    Windfall Island. Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"