Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite style of play?

Default What's your favorite style of play?

When playing on Showdown/PO, what's your favorite style of play? Balanced, hyperoffensive, stall or Baton Pass?

First post yay!

Anyways, I have favorite playstyles for every tier.

OU: Balanced. In this freaking complex place, Balanced for me is super easy and very fun to use. 'Nuff said.
    Ubers: By far my favorite tier. Hyper Offense if probably my favorite playstyle here, as there are so many pokemon with so much wallbreaking potential. (Latios, Reshiram, Kyogre, etc.) The sheer damage output is amazing and who doesnt like smashing Arceus' around?
    RU: Ummm I would say Semi-Stall. There aren't many hard hitters in RU besides that CB Entei, so semi-stall teams can be used quite successfully, and the "semi" part of the team can be used to put offensive pressure on the opponent if need be.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Though it is hardly the style with which I am most successful, my favorite playstyle, at least in the Übers tier, is SmashPass.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

Hm...I prefer to play balanced, but leaning toward more offensive. Good for maintaing major offensive pressure, but still taking hits.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Anything but Stall. I hate using and facing stall teams, not gonna lie :]

I like balance because I feel it matches up decently against other playstyles. Also it is easier to have less weaknesses when you have scarfers to remove threats and defensive pokemon to wall them.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

My favorite playstyle is sand offense. TTar is just too good. Rain stall is somewhere up there too.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

I haven't played in a while, but when I did play I loved bulky offense; using Pokemon to sponge up hits and retaliate hard was really fun

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Usually I play offense, but with a defensive part in the team, a sole wall to take the powerful blows. One team though is pure offense, so every 2 turns a poke on either side is beaten :3 Stall is something I simply can't, but a well built and played stall team I also can't defeat.
    The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    - Using Nintendo Zone in a Game Mania store
    -Send me a VM, I have 1 extra code.

Shiny Gengar:
    - Autumn Tour, see above.

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Smashpass annoys people much....so it's my favorite
    Even if it's the most disatvantaged playing style
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I enjoy using gimmicky teams, such as Gravity + TR (side note, TR Specs Gyara did really well on that team).

For my playstyle, I prefer versatility.

If you are wondering why this style, look no other than Mew and her 100 friends. Not the best in every category, but can survive many scenarios and play just about every available role
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

HO, SmashPass, and Anti-Meta in OU, HO in UU, don't do RU, and Trick Room in NU. Ubers sucks.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Aaahhhh good ol' Balanced. Nice, clean, simple, I love it. -w-

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I tend to just go with balanced teams in most tiers the majority of the time, although I have enjoyed playing with many other team archetypes in the past. In PU, though, I absolutely love offense with Custap Pineco. Just toss down Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes or two and go berserk with sweepers. I've played under several different alts on the PU ladder and so far the variations of this team have done extremely well. Perhaps it's just that the PU ladder is so new and full of people just trying crazy stuff for fun, but I've found that even many well-built teams have a lot of trouble handling all the sweepers with hazards down, so the team ladders pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Ubers sucks.
    Best post ever.

Anyway, looks like people really hate stall.

I have found stall to be incredibly amusing when you have a good team

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Anything really. But usually offensive primarily I guess. I hate slow moving strategies. Not because they are bad but just because I will just get bored if the battle goes on forever ´ー` Also I can not think of one good stall team I ever made. Just not for me. I am a big fan of the offensive powerhouses because they get the job done faster. So then I can get the battle done faster I guess ´ー`

Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    Anything but Stall. I hate using and facing stall teams, not gonna lie :]
    This
        Spoiler:- Credits:

My favorite playstyle is probably stall, either that or balanced with some random NU Pokemon thrown on for the ride
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Stall has to be my favourite playstyle. It is in my opinion a fairly effective playstyle in the current metagame. plus the rage quits make laddering more entertaining. If i dont use stall my 2nd option has to be bulky offense

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Offensive for sure, but with much more value to speed than normal, and LOTS of scouting with U-Turn/Volt Switch.
    <no sig>

My favorite style is definitely offensive. I don't have the patience for stalling my opponents, but I give those who stall respect for their strategies and patience.
    Not to say my offensive style comes without some sort of strategy in itself.

a baton passing team still has to be one of my favorites, never really been a fan of weather based teams

Definitely Balanced with at least 2 defensive pivots and 2 sweepers/semi-sweepers.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Defensive stall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast