Thread: Anna Sun (Ubers RMT)

Default Anna Sun (Ubers RMT)

Hey, its Contrail here with my newest RMT. Recently, I decided to try a tier that I've never seriously tried before: Ubers. I honestly didn't think I'd be very successful, but I was very wrong. So far, this team has had countless wins on the PO ladder, with only one loss, which was to an extremely game changing critical hit, in the two weeks I've been testing it out. This team has handled many top tier threats well, while keeping offensive pressure, and I usually get a relatively easy late game sweep, with 1 of my 3 possible late game sweepers. So far i haven't noticed any glaring weaknesses, so I haven't made any edits of my own to the team. I also don't remember what was going through my head during teambuilding, since I didn't think this team would be as successful as it is. The idea for this team is to handle the major threats of the metagame and rip enough holes in the other team for Arceus-Ghost to get a sweep. Arceus-Ghost, imo, is the best sweeper in the Ubers scene, which is why I wanted to build this team around it. So many teams are focused on countering ExtremeKiller that they usually don't have enough checks to counters to beat a team with other sweepers. The 3 sweepers of this team also have a good amount of diversity, and as you've probably guessed from the title, this is a sun team. So with that, I present Anna Sun.

Anna Sun (Groudon) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Tail

Groudon plays an extremely important role in this team by weakening powerful threats such as Palkia and Kyogre by putting his own weather into place. He also makes Ho-oh much more deadly, since a sub boosted Sacred Fire is nothing to take lightly. He also forms a nice core with himself, Ho-oh, and Dialga. The main thing Groudon does is preform very well as a mixed wall. He can take most unboosted non SE special moves, and well as take many physical moves like they're nothing, while keeping the offensive pressure with his 150 base attack which is godly for a wall.

The EV spread just makes me extremely physically bulky, and allows me to take special hits reasonably well with Groudon's nice base 90 SDef. The moveset gives me a hazard to net me some more OHKO's as well as making Ho-oh, Kyu-W, Rayquaza, and Lugia (who is extremely annoying for this team) much easier to handle. EQ is a strong STAB move that can usually get a KO with enough prior damage, as well as hit some frailer attackers if they try to set up behind a sub. Stone Edge is there to hit Flying types like Ho-oh, and Dragon Tail allows me to phaze anything that tries to set up, which is really nice when going against the many set-up sweepers of the tier. All in all, without Groudon many of the tiers physical threats would be quite annoying to deal with, and Ho-oh would lose much of its benefit to my team.

Ghost Town (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Judgment
    - Substitute
    - Recover

Mono attacker Arceus-Ghost is such an amazing Pokemon. It has sheer power, great bulk, amazing speed which allows him to hit hard and fast without having to set up. He finds many easy opportunities to get an easy set up and sweep, or at least rip apart the opposing team so Ho-oh or Terrakion can clean up. Times he gets an easy set-up are countless: Something gets off a Draco Meteor and falls to -2, Kyogre or Palkia get locked into Surf with Sun up, force a Mewtwo out or just start racking up Calm Mind's on it, the list goes on and on. And the amazing thing is the coverage it gets. With Terrakion on the team, beating the only commonly used normal and dark types in the tier, and Ho-oh and Dialga mashing steel types easily. This means that all I need is one strong STAB, and the fact i can use 3 other non-attacking moves makes sweeping so much easier. All in all a great Pokemon, who is used some, but this set really isn't that common when it should be.

EV's give me great bulk, both physically and specially, and allow me to get a sub, CM, or attack off quick. Calm Mind boosts my Special Defense to wear I can no longer be checked by the fast special attackers of the tier with enough boost, and with 2 boosts I can pretty much OHKO anything that doesn't resist it and 2HKO anything that does resist it. And Ferrothorn just lets me set up even more. Judgement is a strong STAB move which is boosted even further by Spooky Plate and gets Neutral coverage on many of the tiers most prominent threats. Substitute makes Toxic users cry, and let's me take a strong physical hit from a faster threat that might normally KO. Recover is so I can last longer, and get more CM boosts, as well as negate Substitute damage. This is the guy I made the team around, and he definitely hasn't disappointed yet.

Fire-Cracker (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Flame Charge
    - Sacred Fire
    - Brave Bird
    - Roost

The fire's of destruction burn bright in this phoenix. A powerful sweeper in the sun, reliable recovery, and solid coverage with fire/flying. The only thing that hinders him are rain, stealth rocks, and speed, all of which are either handled by this set or the team. Rain is handled nicely by Dialga, Groudon, and Jirachi. Stealth Rock damage is made less of a problem with roost, as this team has no room for a spinner or a taunter. Ho-oh's speed issues are toppled by flame charge. So many thing get threatened by the bird, that getting a free speed boost, then sweeping is quite easy. In sun I can even just get the KO with Flame Charge and get a free +1. Ho-oh also has nice bulk, and strong attacks without a boost. The burn chance on Sacred Fire is also nice.

EV's allow me to get the most out of Flame Charge and hit hard with my already strong base power STABs. Adamant gives me power, since I will more than likely get the speed I need via Flame Charge. Now for the move I've been going on and on about through this Pokemon's description: Flame Charge. A relatively weak move made worth it by gaining +1 speed every time it hits the opponent, making Ho-oh a fast and deadly sweeper in the sun. It can even get me what is basically a moxie boost to the speed stat against a weakened opponent. All around a move that should probably be used on every offensive Ho-oh. Sacred Fire gives me a massively powerful move with sun up and, like Arceus-Ghost, pretty much OHKO's anything that doesn't resist it with sun up. Brave Bird hits things like weakened water types and dragons that Sacred Fire can't finish off. Roost give me more longevity and a way to make Stealth Rocks less annoying.

Station Wagon (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake

Oh Terrakion, great in every tier you're available in. Except in Ubers, there's no Scizor and/or Breloom lurking around every corner waiting to end your sweep with a STAB priority move. For this reason, Terrakion becomes one of the top OU Pokemon in the Ubers tier. With blazing speed with a scarf, and powerful STAB's, he is able to revenge a plethora of Ubers threats, namely ExtremeKiller Arceus and Ho-oh. The main reason for choosing Terrakion was for getting rid of ExtremeKiller Arceus, which walls my Arceus-Ghost hard and threatens Ho-oh's sweep. Terrakion also has a solid chance of sweeping with one of its two STAB moves once I've worn down the opposing team enough.

EV's make sure I hit as hard and fast as I can. Close Combat is the main STAB move that finished off most things that are neutral to it and have less than 40% hp left. It let's me revenge ExtremeKiller Arceus, Dialga, Darkrai, and the many frail attackers in Ubers. Stone Edge let's me hit Ho-oh and Lugia, and can be used to sweep if one of them is still alive and there are some psychic types left. X-Scissor hits psychic's hard, and EQ is really for Jirachi so Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż. Overall an extremely important Pokemon for the team, since it allows me to beat many threats to Arceus-Ghost or Ho-oh's sweep, and provides a solid revenge killer.

Heart (Dialga) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Aura Sphere
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunder

| 6 | Dialga | 23.81041% | 1648 | 20.667% | 1385 | 21.862% |
    This guy needs to be #1 in usage, and he's, if you couldn't tell from the previous statement, the best Pokemon in the Metagame. His wall breaking potential is unmatched. The only Pokemon that can switch in safely to this set are the pink blobs, who this team has no trouble with. The sheer power and bulk to Dialga is amazing, not to mention his pretty much flawless coverage. Once again, this guy is here to rip holes and weaken the opponents team, so a sweep is achieved easier, and he does this job so well. No boosting moves are even needed for Dialga's presence to be felt, and for many OHKO's to occur.

EV's give me nice bulk so I can switch into one of Dialga's many resists, and the Spa EV's ensure I hit as hard as possible. With Dialga's average speed, he'd much rather go for bulk. Draco Meteor plows through anything that doesn't resist it, and pretty much anything that tries to switch in. Aura Sphere let's me the random TTar or Rock Arceus nicely, as well as opposing Dialga when I don't want a Spa drop. Fire Blast boosted by sun roasts steels, namely Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Arceus-Steel. Thunder may seem weird on a sun team, but there's Kyogre everywhere, so sometimes rain will be up, and it gives me a way to combat bulky waters and eliminate Kyogre. Dialga has become one of my favorite competitive Pokemon of all time from its use in this team, and its overall functionality in the Ubers metagame.

Money (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Wish
    - Iron Head
    - Body Slam
    - U-turn

Jirachi was the final Pokemon I added to my team because I needed a solid dragon resist and a special wall to combat the many specially based rain teams in Ubers. Jirachi also gives my team some much needed momentum, as well as recovery for the likes of Groudon and Dialga who find many chances to switch in and lack recovery of their own. He also adds Paralyses which is extremely nice for my two slower heavy hitter, Dialga and Ho-oh. He also handles Mewtwo and the Deoxys's nicely and is nice sleep fodder for opposing Darkrai.

The EV's make Jirachi an ideal special wall, and allow it to take neutral physical attacks well. Wish gives Jirachi itself recovery, as well as recovery to, as stated before, Groudon and Dialga, which allows them to cancel the dangerous rain and flat out wreak more havoc, respectively. Body Slam with Serene Grace brings Paralyses to the team and when combined with Jirachi's STAB Iron Head, can make the opponent rage or give me a turn for a wish to kick in. I've been debating whether to use Thunder Wave instead, since the only prominent round types are either already slow (Groudon) or can OHKO Jirachi easily (Excadrill and Arceus-Ground). U-Turn allows me to scout, and keep momentum. If also allows me to decide who receives a wish, if I used it the previous turn. It is much safer than simply switching out, since they can check what Pokemon of mine is weakened and might be receiving the wish and xswitch into a counter for that Pokemon. Jirachi is in many ways the glue of this team, handling Draco Spam, as well as providing some teammates with much needed recovery. It once again proves that OU Pokemon can be invaluable in the Ubers tier.

Well, that's the team that has been serving me well on the PO ladder for the past few weeks. Please remember to leave complete rates, and not one liners. Also, provide a solid reason for why your suggestion will help the team rather than hurt it. If I get some rates, or I get a high peak on the ladder, I will add a threat list. I've included an importable below so you can try out the team for yourself. Remember when you're playing it, the main focus is offensive pressure. If you cannot apply constant pressure, then this team becomes much less powerful. I hope you enjoyed reading my first Ubers RMT!

Spoiler:- Importable:

Well, I'm not exactly an Ubers fan, but I'll try my best.

First off, no spinner. This is especially detrimental to Ho-oh, even with Regenerator, as Ho-oh loses 17% of it's health every time it switches in. The other pokes may not like it, either. However, sun always had a lack of spinners that could utilize sun (except for Torkoal, who shouldn't even be in Ubers to begin with). A decent spinner may be Kabutops, who can has a 4x Fire resistance and can abuse Swift Swim in rain.

Kyogre may also be a problem. There is practically no safe switch-in to Choice Specs Water Spout bar Dialga, who looks like he'll take a number either way. What's more:

Rain Boosted Choice Specs Water Spout from 252+ Kyogre on Dialga: 229-269 damage, guaranteed 2HKO. Can't switch in.

In fact, everything gets mauled by Water Spout. Jirachi gets 2HKOed, Ho-oh and Terrakion don't want to switch in, and Groudon can only switch on on Thunder, which is unlikely because Water Spout will 2HKO in sun either way. Ghost Arceus takes 390-459 damage, so he can't switch in safely, either. Ghost Arceus and Terrakion are your best bets against Kyogre, but he can switch out into a counter and come to ruin your day again. Sorry if I'm going too far....

I would recommend Soul Dew Latias or Latios to counter Kyogre. By the looks of it, it seems as if Dialga could be replaced with them, especially when Latios is using an All-Out Attacker set to destroy others. As Ghost Arceus is already using a Calm Mind set, I recommend this Latios set

Apollo the Latios @ Soul Dew
    Ability- Levitate
    Timid Nature. 252 Sp. Atk, 252 spd, 4 sp. def
    Dragon Pulse
    Psyshock
    Hidden Power Fire
    Roost

Water Spout will 2HKO you if you don't do anything, and the other guys can't, as they're outsped by Kyogre (bar Ghost Arceus and Terrakion), or OHKOed (like Ghost Arceus and Terrakion). Latios is in both worlds. He's 2HKOed, but he outspeeds Specs Kyogre. Psyshock will bring his health down so that Water Spout only has about 120BP after rain, which you can then roost off the damage and smack him with another Psyshock. He also has no problem with pink blobs thanks to Psyshock.

I hope this helps...
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

You're points definitely make since, so I'll test out Latios on the team when I some more time to ladder. Latios does seem like it would fit well where Dialga is, and Kyogre has been annoying, and I usually have to sack something to bring in Groudon, then switch out into Dialga. Then I try to either set up, or get a solid hit on it when it comes back in. As for a spinner, It hasn't been that much of a problem since only Ho-oh is weak to rocks, and it has access to roost to heal off damage. It can be annoying, but it hasn't been terrible. And like you said, it's hard to fit a spinner on this team. Thanks for the rate!

Bump, because I think its just stupid how people's rmt's without even one word descriptions or with whole pokemon missing get more rates than people who actually spent time on the team and the presentation rather than throwing it all together in 10 minutes.

Been really busy Silver, I'll have time to test Latios in a week and a half when exams are done.

I wouldn't really use that Latios set, since Kyogre still does massive damage to it with a Rain boosted Water Spout, and has a 25% chance of OHKOing Latios after Stealth rock damage. But as Silverangel said, Specially Defensive Latias is a good Kyogre counter.

Latias@Soul Dew
    252 HP/120 SpDef/136 Spe
    Light Screen
    Roost
    Roar
    Dragon Pulse

Latias isn't 2HKOed by even Specs Hydro pump (if stealth rock isn't up), and 136 speed EVs let it outspeed modest Kyogre.(timid specs only 3HKOes anyway). It then proceeds to set up Light screen, tanks another Water Spout, and then roosts off the Damage. Even without and SpAtk investment, a soul dew boosted Dragon pulse packs a punch. Roar is to phaze Calm mind Kyogre. (yeah, this set is basically designed to counter Kyogre)

Well, you could say that the other RMTs get more rates because there are a lot of things wrong with them. This team is quite solid, so it's difficult finding errors to correct.
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 16th May 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Nothing to really say here besides some EV spreads.

I personally found Ho-oh's 252 Atk; 148 Spd; 108 SpD spread really good, as it can take a +2 Kyurem W Ice with 25% health and KO with Sacred Fire/Brave Bird. The speed drop is sadly noticable, but you have Flame Charge to cover that up.

And SLEEP TALK > EARTHQUAKE ON TERRAKION. Jirachi isnt exactly a problem to your team as Ho-oh and Groudon already puts immense amounts of pressure onto it, so EQ isnt really necessary. Sleep Talk allows you to take on Darkrai one-on-one, as all of your attacks 2HKO (at least) it, while CC OHKOes it, obviously.

And yeah, use Latios. Sun teams need it to take care of Kyogres. And the standard spinner for sun, strangely, is Forretress, forming the Groudon/Ho-oh/Forretress core. I dont like that in any way. If you really have a problem with hazards, go with Focus Sash Espeon.

Espeon@Focus Sash
    EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spe; 4 HP
    Nature: Timid
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    - Psyshock (dent Ho-oh)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Protect
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 16th May 2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Hello there.....a really nice RMT u got there
    Pretty stylish team
    Sun offence.is good for sure
    Still I want to give u my opinion from my experience against sun offence
    U have a big kyogre weakness especially a speces set since u can't take any hit against that
    Hence u have a weak spot Jirachi...it maybe is awesome in OU buy bot so sure in Übers...especially in a sun team..this is why I suggest u to replace it with Latias...an epic s.deffencive wall...that can revenge-kill dragons or set up against with max s.def and some hp it will fit the team very well...it's trusty in sun too and can easily set up against kyogre or just roost its HP back
    And with some s.atk EVs it should be fine
    About Dialga...I am not so sure about the life orb idea....maybe a leftovers thunder wave set would be cooler...I almost never see this set in ubers
    But the real problem is arceus....u have nothing to hit extreme killer with....focus blast is a good idea but since ur using a sun team maybe u should take the advantage of the sun and put flamethrower somewhere ...maybe instead of sub
    This is pretty much it...now I am sure ur team will do better with these changes
    U can trust me
    And good luck
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I do agree with T-bolt in saying that Latios would get OHKOed after rocks with a crit. However, I was trying to find something that could not only counter Kyogre, but could also punch holes in opposing teams so it could replace Dialga. If Latios doesn't suit you then an All-Out Attacker Latias could work, as it still punches holes in teams.

Artemis the Latias @ Soul Dew
    Ability- Levitate
    Timid Nature. 164 HP, 148 sp. Atk, 196 spd
    Draco Meteor
    Roost
    Grass Knot
    Hidden Power Fire

T-bolt put out a Latias set that was designed to hard-counter Kyogre, and that's good. You can choose from any Latias or Latios set, as they can all counter Kyogre to a good degree and have great power.
    For trade:
    Legendaries- Shiny rash , Shiny relaxed , Sassy , , 2 (one docile, one lax), , , (DW event), , ,

DW(non-female)- ,

DW females-

Friend Codes:
    White- 2537 7184 5779

Name: Nike
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    With enough skill, you can put any pokemon here

Quote Originally Posted by SASHA the master View Post
    Hello there.....a really nice RMT u got there
    Pretty stylish team
    Sun offence.is good for sure
    Still I want to give u my opinion from my experience against sun offence
    U have a big kyogre weakness especially a speces set since u can't take any hit against that
    Hence u have a weak spot Jirachi...it maybe is awesome in OU buy bot so sure in Übers...especially in a sun team..this is why I suggest u to replace it with Latias...an epic s.deffencive wall...that can revenge-kill dragons or set up against with max s.def and some hp it will fit the team very well...it's trusty in sun too and can easily set up against kyogre or just roost its HP back
    And with some s.atk EVs it should be fine
    About Dialga...I am not so sure about the life orb idea....maybe a leftovers thunder wave set would be cooler...I almost never see this set in ubers
    But the real problem is arceus....u have nothing to hit extreme killer with....focus blast is a good idea but since ur using a sun team maybe u should take the advantage of the sun and put flamethrower somewhere ...maybe instead of sub
    This is pretty much it...now I am sure ur team will do better with these changes
    U can trust me
    And good luck
    Thanks for the rate man! The main reason I chose Rachi is so I could handle Draco Spammers since they hit pretty much everything on this team hard. I'll definitely try Latias though, what would you say about moving Groudon's EV's to more of a mixed set? LO gives me a nice power boost, and I don't feel like the damage hurts me too terribly. I have Terrakion to handle Extremekiller, and Groudon can Dragon Tail it out when I'm at full health. I'll definitely be trying out Latias soon, since I'm very reluctant to give up Dialga on this team.

Groudon offencive would be a good set...I personally use it but I don't have SR on it
    So maybe u should find a better room for it or just keep it for a predict switch
    Groudon @ life orb
    252atk/4 def /252speed/
    Jolly nature (+speed -s.atk)
    -Earthquack
    - rock polish
    - sr/dtail
    - stone edge

If u need a risky heavy offencive set
    Replace SR with dragon claw and Stone edge with Swords Dance...if u predict well and u have an SR in ur opps field...can be a gg at most of the times
    Otherwise full HP and S.def that groudon if still having a hard time with dragons
    If u wanna replace dialga u should maybe try ferrothorn or changing dialga's set would be even better
    With the max hp half satk half s.def
    And thunder wave (SR) would be very good here !
    A dragon pulse/draco meteor and a fireblast/thunder would really improve ur team
    It's a great wall after all and can check kyogre easily now
    Good luck ^_^
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.