Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Rising Shadows

Default Pokemon: Rising Shadows

Okay, it's been five years since I wrote this story and epicly failed at it in the fan-fiction forum. I decided this week to remake this old story in comic form. I'm not particularly great at drawing or anything, but hey- I don't burn my eyes out from my own work anymore. xD

Here's the cover. Expect the first page in the next week most likely.

First page of the prologue~!

Another page done. I've already got one more after this- but don't expect updates to come out this quickly in the future. More than one update in a week will be rare- especially colored ones.

Here's the next one. ^_^' Some feedback would be nice if people are lurking this.

Well, from this point on- I'm going on to once a week updates. Updates will be on Fridays.

And another page... Next one is due to be up next Friday.

Wow. You are a great artist. Love the prologue, and can't wait for the next page to be up so I can see how the plot develops.

Liking what I'm seeing so far in the comic. The art style is great and the story's pretty interesting. Been a really, really long time since the last time a good comic appeared here.
    - Nate the

Thank you both for your feedback! I'm glad that people like this. ^_^ It's fun to make these pages, even if they do take a while. (I may end up resorting to greyscale later down the road when school starts- I don't know yet). Anyway, new pages will go up on Fridays. I've got three pages in the buffer at this time... trying to get more. xD

Anyway, here's some random doodles related to the comic in the meantime- these were drawn for fan milestones and smackjeeves. xD

Doodle #1
    Doodle #2

Yes, I will allow cameos- just to fill in some crowds in later scenes. No important roles will be served by these characters. ^_^

Well, see you guys later. Thanks again for the comments! I really appreciate getting some feedback. ^_^

It's Friday! You know what that means- new page!

On another note, I'll be leaving town next week and will be gone for a month. Unfortunately, I have yet to complete all of the pages necessary for those four updates. It may be that there will be no pages for two or three weeks if I cannot get them done before I leave. No worries though- I'll make it up to everyone if I can't. ^_^'

Wow pretty good work here, Not too much too judge yet story wise but it deffinately looks cool. I'll keep my eye out on ya

It's Friday- you know what that means! And thanks for the feedback- hopefully the story will start to move a bit more soon-ish. First few pages are a bit slow. xD

It's getting pretty interesting so far. I might be checking this out whenever you do an update.
    - Nate the

@nathandg0924: Thank you! And a note, most updates will be posted on Fridays whenever I'm on a once a week schedule. (Random, otherwise).

Here's the next page- I'm aware there is a typo, but I cannot fix it until I return from my trip.

Early page this week since I'm not sure I'll have internet tomorrow or Friday.

Also, a friendly reminder that feedback is greatly appreciated. ^_^' It's no fun feeling like I'm talking to a brick wall. If things start to seem that way- which they so often do for me here on serebii (no offense), then I'll stop posting here entirely.

Wow, what's gonna be happening in the next series? This is getting good. Admittedly true what you're saying, too bad a lot of people here nowadays aren't getting interested at this. Before, the comics thread was really active but now... sadly it isn't so yeah, this is a good change.
    - Nate the

It's not just the comics that seem so desolate- the non-Pokemon fiction area is another dead zone. I got barely two or three responses over the course of nearly two years posting there. I finally gave up on the story after that.

Well, thanks for the reply! Here's the next page- early again this week cause I feel like it.

I know I'm bad at this whole 'Friday' updates. xD I can't help but post early. Friday is always so far away...

Also, I'll be arriving back home from my trip this weekend. I've been out for a month without my tablet and such. The last five pages were made last month so I could continue updates while I was away. I am out of buffer- so I'm not entirely sure if the next page will be done on time.

I do also owe a bonus image on this- and there is a ask-the-cast session open on tumblr. Just search ask-prs and you should find it.

Anyway, here's the page for this week.

Aww, poor her. A lot of things weighing on her mind right now, getting exciting to see what will happen on the next page.

xD Poor Naya indeed. She's not having a good day, is she? Good thing for her- it only gets worse! Oh wait- that's bad. xD

Anyway- new charrie on this page. He's kinda hard to draw at the moment- but I think it'll get easier after a few pages.

Very good work, I am loving these so far and I will sub to this awesomeness, keep it going

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

As a thanks for the feedback I've gotten- early update this week. This page won't be posted at any of the other usual places for another few days- so yaaay! As mentioned before, Serebii has always been lacking in feedback whenever I post stuff up here- so it gets really discouraging- but maybe this time will be different? Or maybe I'm just overly optimistic? xD We'll see...

And I'm really looking forward to washing that soot/ash off of Naya. It's getting annoying to remember. (I nearly forgot it on the last page.)

Really early update indeed. Looking forward to what'll happen next.

This keeps getting better, keep it up

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

Well, sorry for the delay on this one. Life's been a bit stressful lately and I've been spending a lot of my free time working on a Pokemon RP that I've been a part of for many years (where this story originated from, actually!). I didn't budget my time well enough for this. xD

@Nathandg0924
    - Leave it to me to pull out a really early update followed by a late one. xD

@HeroicRain
    - Well- I hope it gets better! I make comics to help improve my art skills- it's a fun way to do so for both me and others. xD

Last edited by PetuniaBubbles; 21st July 2013 at 5:49 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast