0 0%
  • Trip

8 5.44%
  • Bianca

5 3.40%
  • Stephan

2 1.36%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is your favorite of Ash's rival so far?

Paul. Paul really pushed Ash to the edge, and I still remembered the awesome full battle (not the league one). I remember when it just aired and my brother and I were super hyped about it.

Gary is pretty good for nostalgic reasons, but Trip is just Trubbish.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Conway, because he was awesomely creepy xD

I loved how he kept creeping everyone at the camp, and Ash was always... creeped out xD
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

Gary Mother****ing Oak

@Caseydia

We're talking about out of all the regions though which in that case, Trip didn't push Ash as much as Paul did to have Ash perform the best and think of new strategies. I could just as easily say DP Ash wouldn't have a good rivalry with Trip as both were written differently, so really, what's your point?

As for Gary, I agree and he doesn't show up that much at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    You'd seriously put Trip above Stephan in BW?

Ash and Stephan was pretty much the only normal rivalry Ash had in BW.
    I would put Stephan over Trip but he didn't appear as often as he did so that's why. But he is the next on my list.

@Caseydia

We're talking about out of all the regions though which in that case, Trip didn't push Ash as much as Paul did to have Ash perform the best and think of new strategies. I could just as easily say DP Ash wouldn't have a good rivalry with Trip as both were written differently, so really, what's your point?

I do believe that Paul was the best rival but I can't judge him up against any of the other rivals in BW because everything was written so differently. I like Trip and Paul equally, so I can't really choose. Besides, it's asking who is my favorite rival not who had the best rivalry with Ah. So I answered the question based on my opinion not yours.

My ideal battle ever!

Trip is my most favorite >.<

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

I'd have to keep it classic and go with Gary.

Paul, he actually pushed Ash's character to it's limit and he had an interesting rivalry with Ash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

By far Paul, the rivalry was great and you know Paul's a major rival when the final battle between Ash and Paul takes up three episodes. And including the Chimchar storyline with their rivalry too...yeah, Paul's definitely my favorite.

Personality wise - Barry
    His best rival - Paul
    Gary would be my third choice. The rest are meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Gary Mother****ing Oak
    Is there any other rival that grinded Ash's gears as much as Gary? Plus the first time I saw him he was leaving Oak 's lab surrounded by cheerleaders !
    White 2 FriendCode 4642 6911 0913

Why do I keep forgetting to change my username in the right time period?

For the drama, it's a tossup between Paul and Gary.

For comedy, it's a tossup between Barry and Bianca.

They were all great.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Nyberg.Brandon View Post
    Is there any other rival that grinded Ash's gears as much as Gary? Plus the first time I saw him he was leaving Oak 's lab surrounded by cheerleaders !
    Paul almost made him cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyberg.Brandon View Post
    Gary barely fought Ash. He only taunted and riled up Ash nothing more. Paul repeatedly slapped Ash on the face by crushing him everytime.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

In my opinion Paul was Ash's best rival, their rivalry is one of the best things about DP.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 6th August 2013 at 4:08 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Trip was my favorite rival but he wasn't really a rival to Ash. He did the best he could to avoid and ignore him something most of the other rivals didn't really try to do. He was more of his own character compared to the other main rivals who's characters centered around their rivalries with Ash.

I voted Trip.

Side note: I was surprised that Paul had more votes than the others combined.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

In terms of Balance..Cameron..and yes i know he is not on the list but personally he is more situated to be Ash's rival than any of his other rivals since his personality is similar to Ash's

Gary was funny the way he always taunted him XD But Paul was the best rival when it came to battling.
    Friend Code
    4725-8753-8888

Nostalgia is pretty much the only reason why I voted Gary as my favorite rival of Ash's (this time, I am being nostalgic about something and don't really prefer it for valid reasons), but truthfully I feel Paul is his best rival.

I still love Gary and find Ash and his rivalry very sweet and cute, but Paul and Ash's was so much more dramatic and heartfelt, so that one is the best one and one of the best things about DP in my eyes.

I liked Trip and Ash as well, but the writers ruined Trip's whole character in the Unova League, which was sad to watch.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Paul was his best rival since everything about him was created to challenge Ash's skills as a trainer and his ideals. With the other rivals they either too friendly to really push him, didn't care for him enough or were just not given the amount of effort that was required to have an excellent rivalry.

For me, Stephan.

Paul, no one else was able to get under Ash's skin as bad as he did, not even Gary.

Paul definitely Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    By far Paul, the rivalry was great and you know Paul's a major rival when the final battle between Ash and Paul takes up three episodes. And including the Chimchar storyline with their rivalry too...yeah, Paul's definitely my favorite.
    Exactly how I feel about Paul. He is my choice. Then it would probably be Gary and Barry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast