Thread: fan art shoes??

Default fan art shoes??

Hi there! I find that there is a serious lack of pokemon apparel in the world and so I thought I'd take matters into my own hands and create them myself!

I was just wondering if there is any interest in buying personalised hand painted pokemon shoes (or any other cartoon for that matter) or whether my idea is just crazy? haha :P

while i don't think this kind of thread is supposed to exist, I might as well give you an answer

My cousin actually sells hand-made shoes like you mentioned, but last time I remember her telling me that its only good for as a hobby rather than a way to make money.

And she's still in high school I think, so I bet she just makes a small profit from selling shoes because she then has to buy more blank canvas shoes too.

Either way, just go for what you can do. It would be difficult selling shoes if you don't have the time for it!

Thanks for your reply! Yeah sorry about this spammish thread but I thought I should get opinions about it all :P

They do take a while to paint but I figure with the summer holidays looming, I will be able to spare the time and possibly make a little money? I don't know but I will give it a try and test the water so to speak and see how it goes from there.

Does your cousin have a demand for them or rather is there actually a market for them?

If I remember, people from her school asked her for shoes with a specific design on them, and then after a few conversations of what it should look like, she would complete the offer in about a week or less.

So in a sense it was more of an upfront deal, but close to a demand rather than a market.

I see I see. Thank you, I will give it a bash