Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: HeartBroken Again and Again (CS)

Default HeartBroken Again and Again (CS)

Hey everyone! This is my first chapter fan-fiction story, so please be nice in your reviews! Constructive criticism is also appreciated!

This story has contestshipping and some pokeshipping.

Rating: G

Prologue

A new day had begun at the Petalburg Elementary School. The fourth-grade class had just received news that a new student was going to join their class.

“I wonder if the new kid is going to be a girl or a guy.”

“Do you think the new kid is going to be a nerd or a hottie?”

Noticeably, an emerald-haired boy, whose name was Drew, was rolling his eyes at his classmates’ enthusiasm.

“Geez. It’s just a new student. What’s the big deal?” Drew thought.

After a few minutes of the class’ loud interest, their homeroom teacher interrupted.

“All right class, settle down,” ordered Mrs. Lilly.

The class gradually quieted down until there was silence.

“As you all know, we are going to have the great opportunity to have a new student join our class. Make sure that you’re nice to her! Come on in,” invited Mrs. Lilly.

The class anxiously waited for the figure to show itself. In came a female brunette with a red and white bandana, and red and white clothes to match.

“Great. Another crazy girl joins the class,” the green-haired boy thought.

At school, Drew was the most popular guy around, especially when girls were involved. However, he was never quite comfortable with all the attention he got. Another crazy fan-girl wasn’t going to improve his life at school either.

There was also a bit of chatter among the other students. The girls were quietly discussing on the new girl’s Drew-stalking schedule, while the guys were mentioning to themselves how cute the new girl looked.

“Hi, my name is May Maple. Pleased to meet you,” the brunette briefly said, but with a smile.

“All right, May, let’s see where we can seat you,” the teacher said. Mrs. Lilly looked around the room shortly before saying, “Why don’t you sit next to Drew. He’s the one with the green hair.” (Okay, so you all saw that coming.)

The female students had their mouths open in shock, while Drew mentally sighed. However, instead of bouncing up and down in joy, May walked indifferently to her new seat, still with her smile.

“Now that that’s taken care of, let’s begin today’s lesson,” Mrs. Lilly said.

After the lesson, Mrs. Lilly gave the students a five-minute break to relax before she taught the next subject. May took this time to get to know her classmates a bit better. So she picked the closest victim: the emerald-haired boy.

So, she turned her body to him and said, “Hi, what’s your name?”

Drew calmly replied, “Drew, and don’t remember it.”

“Huh?” said a confused May.

“You’re not very smart, are you? Well, I should’ve expected it. After all, you are wearing a ridiculous bandana,” Drew said cockily.

May was appalled at Drew’s comment, but coolly counterattacked, “I’m not the one with green hair, so I wouldn’t be so quick to insult others if I were you.”

May then swiftly walked outside to go to the washroom, to avoid any other mean comments Drew would probably throw at her.

The other students overheard May’s insult, and heavily gasped. The new girl just insulted Drew’s hair? How dare she? That was like going up to the judge of a court and asking him to sentence you to prison for life or for execution! The female students immediately shredded May’s Drew-stalking schedule.

Even Drew was taken back. A girl actually insulted him? He’d insulted other girls before, but they’d all just end up smiling stupidly because he had taken the time to criticize them.

“This girl’s actually not so bad. It’ll be fun to tease her, too,” Drew thought with a mischievous grin.

That was how it all started. Ever since then, May and Drew would start a verbal fight everyday, finding a lot of things to insult each other about. May found the usual routine quite frustrating, while Drew found it rather fun and amusing.

But one day, May was found walking outside by herself during the lunch hour. Before she could make her way to the cafeteria, a long red-haired girl and a blue-haired boy from the sixth grade stood in front of her like pillars.

“Give us your lunch money, twerp,” said the red-haired girl.

May bravely asked, “Why do you need my money?”

“None of your business. Just hand it over,” said the blue-haired boy.

May was nervous, but was able to calmly say, “I’m not giving my lunch money to people who aren’t going to do anything with it.”

“Persistent twerp, eh?” asked the blue-haired boy. “Fine, we’ll tell you the story. We need the money to buy a soccer ball for our leader, Giovanni. Idiotic Jessie here kicked the ball too hard and by some horrific luck, it landed in a garbage truck.”

“Idiotic?!?” screamed Jessie. “James, you’re the one who couldn’t save a perfectly easy shot! Any idiot could have saved that ball!”

“Maybe if that idiot had hair that was a million feet long!” argued James.

“Don’t you dare insult my hair! At least I’m not the clueless one!” Jessie retaliated.

May took this opportunity to slip away from their sight. However, she tripped over a rock, and fell face-flat down on the ground.

The two sixth-graders then remembered what their mission was.

“Hey! Don’t think that you can get away so easily!” yelled Jessie.

Jessie quickly spotted the money clutched in May’s hands. Jessie grabbed on one of the ends of May’s five-dollar bill and pulled. However, May wasn’t one to just easily give up her belongings and tightened her grip on the money. Jessie pulled even harder and next thing they knew… the five-dollar bill was torn into halves.

“GAH! LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE YOU TWERP! YOU’RE GOING TO PAY FOR THAT!” Jessie screamed.

Jessie held May by the arms, making sure that May couldn’t run away. James dangerously came closer and punched May in the stomach. May screamed out in pain.

“Please, stop!” May cried out desperately.

“Should have thought about what would happen before you refused to hand us the money,” James said.

James’ fist began to make its way to May’s body again, but found something clasping his fist. He looked up to see an angry emerald-haired boy.

“Touch her again, and you’ll regret it,” warned Drew.

May looked up to her daily annoyance and now… her hero. “Why is he doing this?” she thought.

Meanwhile, James and Jessie were stunned to see Drew, the best athlete in their school, save a hopeless girl like May. However, even though they knew Drew was very athletic, they did not hesitate to teach him a lesson.

“Another twerp? Well, I don’t care how athletic you are. Nobody disrespects us and gets away with it!” claimed Jessie, as she let go of May’s arms and stepped back.

“That’s right!” said James, copying Jessie’s actions.

Jessie and James then charged towards Drew with clenched fists. At the last minute, Drew stepped out of their way. This resulted with Jessie punching James and James punching Jessie. The two collapsed on the ground from the pain.

May stared at Drew in shock. Why did he help her?

“Weirdos,” said Drew. “Hey, you okay, May?”

“Why did you help me?” asked May.

“Eh? Oh, well…”

May waited for an answer, expecting it to be some sort of embarrassing nice comment.

“I can’t let anyone else bug you, since that’s my job!” said Drew with a toothy grin.

May sweatdropped and became angry.

Before she could say anything, Drew said, “Come on, I’ll buy you lunch.”

May’s frown slowly turned into a kind and grateful smile. Maybe Drew wasn’t so bad after all.

After that day, May and Drew became best friends, but they still had their fights from time to time and would end up laughing afterwards. Because Drew was popular, May became popular, too. And yet, they both hated their popularity. That was something they both had in common.

As time passed, May became fonder of Drew each day. If anyone ever tried to hurt May, Drew would always make sure that they would be punished. Take the guy in their class when they were in the seventh grade. The fool tried to lock May in the janitor’s closet, but the poor fool did it just when Drew came into view. Drew immediately got May out of the dark room and made sure that the fool would regret what he did. Let’s just say that the guy had a black eye for a month.

Not to mention, Drew was pretty attractive. Although she insulted his hair in the beginning, she soon became very attracted to his green hair, but more attracted to Drew himself. In the eighth grade, she told herself and her other friend, Misty, that she had fallen in love with Drew. But she could never bring herself to tell Drew that. Not yet. One day, when the time is right, she will.

~ end of prologue

So how was it? If you found the ending a bit rushed, then let me explain that it's not the main point of the story I have in mind. Anyways, please R&R!

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

Hmm.....interesting. I'm loving this fanfic already! Let's see, I can't find any spelling/grammer mistakes, everyone's In Character......I say...perfect prologue! I can't wait for the first chapter, new friend! (In case you're wondering, I always call the authors of fanfics I like, 'new friend', it's a habit, it just means that I really like your writing style, and want to see more. Not to mention, with how many people on this site that understand me, I'm always eager to make new friends) Aww, they all must've looked so cute in grade school! And, you've got all their personalities down-pat! Wow, I can tell, this is gonna be really great! Maybe just as great as Contest Tie and Treehouse Saga! (And they're some of my favorites!) Ooh, I do have one small request, though, I'd really like to be on the PM list for this story, please.......thanks in advanced (for putting me on the Pm list), and, thanks so much! (For writing an already awesome story like this one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Animematchmaker2 View Post
    Hmm.....interesting. I'm loving this fanfic already! Let's see, I can't find any spelling/grammer mistakes, everyone's In Character......I say...perfect prologue! I can't wait for the first chapter, new friend! (In case you're wondering, I always call the authors of fanfics I like, 'new friend', it's a habit, it just means that I really like your writing style, and want to see more. Not to mention, with how many people on this site that understand me, I'm always eager to make new friends) Aww, they all must've looked so cute in grade school! And, you've got all their personalities down-pat! Wow, I can tell, this is gonna be really great! Maybe just as great as Contest Tie and Treehouse Saga! (And they're some of my favorites!) Ooh, I do have one small request, though, I'd really like to be on the PM list for this story, please.......thanks in advanced (for putting me on the Pm list), and, thanks so much! (For writing an already awesome story like this one!)
    Woohoo! An awesome reviewer! Really? You like my writing style? Thanks!
    Actually, in grade 4, I believe you'd be around 9-10, so it should be the same age as May is in the anime.

I don't know if it'll ever be as good as Encyclopika's fics, but I'll try my best for this fic!

Also, the edit button isn't working for me right now, so I'll say it here and the beginning of chapter 1 that Drew, May, Ash, and Misty will all be the same age in this fic. Also, this is an AU story in case anyone didn't noticed...

Anyways, thanks for the review, Animematchmaker2!

PM List:
    Animematchmaker2

That's a very interesting prologue! It reminds me of School Days. I like that's
    in an alternate universe. Gives things a twist. =) Yes, the ending did seem a
    bit rushed, especially where they become friends and days pass so fast,
    but that's okay, it's just the prologue. I really liked Jessie and James
    being included! I hope you update soon! Can I be added to the PM list too?

~~Awesomeness~~

Yayz! More Contestshipping for meeeee! I love this fic. Still with the fighting (which is a good factor of CS) but they're best friends! i wonder when Drew'll start using the whole 'Rose' approch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hullo View Post
    That's a very interesting prologue! It reminds me of School Days. I like that's
    in an alternate universe. Gives things a twist. =) Yes, the ending did seem a
    bit rushed, especially where they become friends and days pass so fast,
    but that's okay, it's just the prologue. I really liked Jessie and James
    being included! I hope you update soon! Can I be added to the PM list too?
    I don't intend to make this anything like School Days, so don't worry about that. And like I said before, the rushed "ending" isn't the main part.

Haha! I liked how i put Jessie and James in myself! That turned out much better than I thought it would. lol.

I'll try to update soon, but my school's really tough on homework, so the quickest update would probably be around next week.

Sure, you can be on the PM list!

Thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by flygonrulz View Post
    Yayz! More Contestshipping for meeeee! I love this fic. Still with the fighting (which is a good factor of CS) but they're best friends! i wonder when Drew'll start using the whole 'Rose' approch?
    Thanks! Hmm... yes... I wonder too... I'd nearly forgotten about that whole "Rose" thing even though I've pointed it out to other authors before (on FF.net). Shame on me! Gah! Thanks for reminding me and for the review!

PM List
    Animematchmaker2
    Hullo

xD;; Felt bored, so clicked on one of the fics. =P

But anyway, Interesting...~

But I think you rushed into the "May and Drew" becoming best friends part. And besides, when he was helping May, I expected him to end off with a flick of his hair and say some remark. O.o; May and Drew can't become best friends this easily, and yes, I know this is fiction. ._. But you have to follow the anime charactors personalities. =/ May and Drew are OOC, not at the beginning part, but at the ending part.

The stories not bad, but...like I said, it was still rushing. You could have used that one small paragraph and extended it to a few chapters. DD=

Sorry if my criticrism is harsh. >>; But you always need it to improve. Not that I'm insulting your fic. =[

Nice plot, though. Good descriptions too. ^_^ And lol @ the part where May fell down on the rock. XD

Oh, your banner is too big, just wanted to mention it. Either split it, or ask someone else to split it. Just a reminder before you get a warning from the mod. ;o [/notminimodding>>;
    STRAWBERRIES : DD
    (they rock and don't deny it or I'll send the strawberry army after you)

^_^, I love this fanfic. Drew and May rule! You rule yourself and I think this story will be as good as Encyclopika. Both of you rule! Can I be on the pm list?
    Shuu&Haruka~ Satoshi&Kasumi rules! I love these couples, advaneshipping will never happen!

Oooooh, me liky PM lists! can I be on it too?!
    sure! you've been added! (but just in case the mods notice, you can PM authors to ask to be on the PM list, or else they might consider this SPAM)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Cecilia~ View Post
    xD;; Felt bored, so clicked on one of the fics. =P

But anyway, Interesting...~

But I think you rushed into the "May and Drew" becoming best friends part. And besides, when he was helping May, I expected him to end off with a flick of his hair and say some remark. O.o; May and Drew can't become best friends this easily, and yes, I know this is fiction. ._. But you have to follow the anime charactors personalities. =/ May and Drew are OOC, not at the beginning part, but at the ending part.

The stories not bad, but...like I said, it was still rushing. You could have used that one small paragraph and extended it to a few chapters. DD=

Sorry if my criticrism is harsh. >>; But you always need it to improve. Not that I'm insulting your fic. =[

Nice plot, though. Good descriptions too. ^_^ And lol @ the part where May fell down on the rock. XD

Oh, your banner is too big, just wanted to mention it. Either split it, or ask someone else to split it. Just a reminder before you get a warning from the mod. ;o [/notminimodding>>;
    Thanks for your criticism/review. I don't find it insulting at all. I know it's not perfect, so I'm going to try to make the chapters better. Thanks for your suggestions! I might edit the prologue again after a while if I think up of something to add. lol.

Oh, and thanks for the warning about the banner. Is the size of the banner acceptable now? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shuufan234 View Post
    ^_^, I love this fanfic. Drew and May rule! You rule yourself and I think this story will be as good as Encyclopika. Both of you rule! Can I be on the pm list?
    Thanks for the compliments! Sure you can be on the PM list!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Merury View Post
    Add me to the PM list! This rocks!
    Thanks for the compliment, but you might want to make your review longer, or else it'll probably be considered as SPAM.
    You've been added to the PM list!

PM List:
    Animematchmaker2
    Hullo
    flygonrulz
    Shuufan234
    Sailor Merury

Edit:
    Okay, I've written chapter 1 out, and it should be out by tomorrow. I know I said that it probably wouldn't be done until next week, but I didn't have much homework this week, so I thought I should write the chapter out now before I'm bombarded by my school's cruelty. lol. Anyways, below is a "preview/spoiler" of the next chapter. It doesn't have much info in it other than what day it is and a few hints on what might happen in the next chapter.

Spoiler:- Chapter 1 Preview:
    Last edited by Genkiness; 8th October 2006 at 1:05 AM.

Default Chapter 1

To everyone who reviewed, thanks for all of your support and encouragement. Here’s the next chapter!

Shippings: Contestshipping and Pokeshipping

Chapter 1: The Grade Nine Classes Decided!

The first day of school at Petalburg High was about to start in less than half an hour. A certain female brunette and her female redhead friend were talking while walking down the hallway.

“So are you excited for the new school year as a ninth-grader, May?” asked a red-haired girl.

“Totally, Misty! I really hope that the school put us, Ash, and Drew all in the same class again!” exclaimed May.

“And we both know who you really want in your class, huh, May?” said Misty with a mischievous smirk.

May’s face burned up.

“Misty!” whined May. “Don’t talk about it here! And you promised you wouldn’t tease me about it anymore since I told you! Besides, I know you want Ash in your class!”

Misty giggled at May’s reaction. “What did you expect? We are going out now. Anyways, I won’t tease you anymore. But seriously May, you have to tell him some day.”

May sighed. “I know, but now’s the not the right time. When it is, I’ll tell him.”

“Tell who what?” came a familiar voice.

May inwardly gasped as she turned her head to face her best friend, Drew.

“Well, May? Misty?” asked Drew.

“Oh, w-well, we were just talking a-about… uh… it’s kind of silly,” stuttered May.

“Try me,” said Drew, as he flicked his hair.

“About how she took Ash’s lunch last year and ate it, since Ash was being really annoying that day. Ash was pretty mad someone stole his lunch, but he never found out who did it. Anyways, May has no idea how she can confess to him. You know how Ash is about food,” Misty calmly replied.

Drew blinked. “O-kay…”

“Told ya it was silly, Drew!” May said with a forced guilty grin. “Phew. I owe Misty. Although, it is mainly her fault the topic was brought up.”

“Well, anyways, I’m going to get my locker number from the office. See you guys later,” said Drew.

“See ya!” May enthusiastically called out.

As soon as Drew was out of sight, Misty and May gave out a large relieved sigh.

“Thanks, Mist,” said May.

“No problem, May. But I have to ask you a question,” said Misty.

“What?” asked May.

“Why are you so afraid to tell Drew how you feel?” asked Misty.

May was silent for a while. Then she quietly whispered, but loud enough for Misty to hear, “Because he’s my best friend. I can’t risk our relationship right now until I know that he feels the same way.”

“May…” Misty said quietly.

“Hey Misty! May!” yelled another familiar voice.

Misty’s eyebrows quickly furrowed, followed by a frown. “ASH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING! THAT WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR!” scolded Misty, as she punched the raven-haired boy, Ash, on the head.

“Ow! Geez! What’d I do wrong this time?” complained Ash.

Misty yelled, “May and I were totally in the girl talk zone, and just when it got all serious and important, YOU HAD TO SHOW UP WITH YOUR LOUD-”

“Misty! It’s okay! Really!” said May, trying to calm down the easily tempered redhead. “I’m going to meet up with Drew. Besides, you two look like you could use some time alone for a while, and I don’t wanna be there when you guys are alone.”

Misty and Ash blushed as they looked at the opposite directions.

“Geez, May. Did you honestly have to say that?” asked Misty.

“Yup! Bye!” grinned May, running off before Misty could punish her.

“I’m going to get that May,” muttered Misty, chasing after the brunette.

There stood Ash, alone in the hallway, confused. “Girls…” he muttered.

May made her way to the school office, hoping to find Drew there. Luckily, she saw that he was still in line to get his locker number, so she walked towards him.

Drew noticed May coming and asked, “Getting your locker number at the last minute again, May?”

May stuck out her tongue and triumphantly said, “No. I already got my locker before you came to school.”

“Guess there’s a first time for everything,” said Drew, flicking his hair once again.

As usual, May was angered by Drew’s comment. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she demanded.

“It means that you’re usually repeatedly late for nearly everything,” Drew casually said.

“Ugh! You’re so annoying, Drew!” said May, while stomping her foot.

“And yet, you still like that about me, or else you wouldn’t want to be friends with me, right, May?” asked Drew, who had a somewhat kind smirk on his face.

May hated it when Drew was right, but she hated it even more when he teased her about these things, since it was so true. Or rather, because they were merely understatements. But May couldn’t let Drew know this yet, so she made an irritated face rather than blushing her head off.

“Yea, yea. Just hurry up, will you?” May said with a flustered face from both the embarrassment and frustration.

Drew chuckled and said, “Well, I can’t do that when there’s a line now, can I?”

May got more frustrated and impatient. “Whatever. Anyways, I’m going to go check the board with the class lists. Meet me there.”

“Sure,” Drew confirmed, still wearing the same smirk. “May’s still as fun as ever.”

May grumpily walked down the hall as she made her way to the class lists. When she reached the board, which had multiple stabs caused by the thumbtacks, she carefully scanned the grade nine class list.

“Nobody in 9A… not in 9B… I’m in 9C with…”

May could hardly believe it. All three of her friends were in her classes, except for the arts classes. She and Drew were in drama, while Misty and Ash were in music. Still, she was so grateful that they were all in the same homeroom again. Her grumpy mood quickly changed into a happy one.

“This year is definitely going to be a lucky year,”
    May thought happily.

~end of chapter 1

So how did you guys find this chapter! It had quite a bit of pokeshipping and contestshipping there, ne? Anyways, please R&R!
    Last edited by Genkiness; 8th October 2006 at 2:36 PM.

Wow, I really enjoyed this, I do think that the friendship between May and Drew was rushed. Also, I could imagine everyone in the prolouge talking like little kids. ^^ I loved how jessie and James were in it, I hope that they do come back again, it would be interesting to see what would happen if they came back. I loved how (<I say this a lot when i review<) Misty teased May about her crush on Drew, it was cute and simple and was in character, though when Ash came in the first chapter and Misty attacked him, that was OOC, to me at least. If they were to be going out, I don't think that Misty would wack Ash on the head because of an interuption. Oh, can I be added to the wonderful PM list??
    "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." -Alaska Young (Looking For Alaska)

Contestshipping
    <3
    Andrew James Vivelo
    eleven.six.oheight

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka Kinomiya View Post
    Wow, I really enjoyed this, I do think that the friendship between May and Drew was rushed. Also, I could imagine everyone in the prolouge talking like little kids. ^^ I loved how jessie and James were in it, I hope that they do come back again, it would be interesting to see what would happen if they came back. I loved how (<I say this a lot when i review<) Misty teased May about her crush on Drew, it was cute and simple and was in character, though when Ash came in the first chapter and Misty attacked him, that was OOC, to me at least. If they were to be going out, I don't think that Misty would wack Ash on the head because of an interuption. Oh, can I be added to the wonderful PM list??
    Lol. yea, i'll fix up the prologue when i think up of something good to add in it. I don't want to add any more unnecessary things in it. So I'll think about what to add in the prologue later on.

As for Misty's OOCness... well... Misty does yell at Ash for some stupid things in the anime sometimes, right? meh... I haven't watched the kanto and johto episodes for some time now... But anyways, just because they're a couple doesn't mean that they can't land a few hits right? I mean, a girl can slap a guy if she's really irritated at him. Misty does have a short temper when she gets irritated/provoked, right? So yea... that's my ridiculously long explanation.

Sure! Added to the PM List!

Thanks for the great review!

PM List:

Animematchmaker2
    Hullo
    flygonrulz
    Shuufan234
    Sailor Merury
    Haruka Kinomiya

Hey, nice chapter! Though to me it seems a little weird that May and Drew are friends and all, I still like it because it makes things different. Ash and Misty going out also seems a bit odd, but there's nothing wrong with that. I hope you update soon! I want to see what sort of problems they'll start running into =P

~~Awesomeness~~

OMG, Ash and Misty get to be MUSICIANS?! Just like me! (I'm in the band (both marching and concert) in my high school) I wonder what instuments they're gonna play? Hopefully, at least one of them (preferably Ash) plays the sax, that's my instrument! Well, let's see, no grammar/spelling mistakes, everyone's IC, cute with the girls teasing each other, I totally love it! Another perfect chapter, girl! And Drew being a little smart-a*s with May while he was getting his locker, classic. I like! I can't wait for chapter 2! ooh, and I wonder what kind of actor/actress Drew and May are gonna turn out to be? What play should the school put on? Hmm...maybe it should be a musical, that way all 4 friends could be in it! Ash and Misty'll be in the pit (band for the musical, just in case you didn't know), and May and Drew'll be on stage.........

Hey, nice chapter! Though to me it seems a little weird that May and Drew are friends and all, I still like it because it makes things different. Ash and Misty going out also seems a bit odd, but there's nothing wrong with that. I hope you update soon! I want to see what sort of problems they'll start running into =P
    Lol. Thanks! I don't want this story to be to cliche, so yea...
    Anyways, as for problems they'll run into, I don't want to spoil anything just yet, but, I think that this story is going to be pretty long. I was planning on like.... 10 chapters, but it's defintely going to be a lot more than that. Thanks for reviewing again!

OMG, Ash and Misty get to be MUSICIANS?! Just like me! (I'm in the band (both marching and concert) in my high school) I wonder what instuments they're gonna play? Hopefully, at least one of them (preferably Ash) plays the sax, that's my instrument! Well, let's see, no grammar/spelling mistakes, everyone's IC, cute with the girls teasing each other, I totally love it! Another perfect chapter, girl! And Drew being a little smart-a*s with May while he was getting his locker, classic. I like! I can't wait for chapter 2! ooh, and I wonder what kind of actor/actress Drew and May are gonna turn out to be? What play should the school put on? Hmm...maybe it should be a musical, that way all 4 friends could be in it! Ash and Misty'll be in the pit (band for the musical, just in case you didn't know), and May and Drew'll be on stage.........
    Lol. Same here! Except I play the flute.

Really? You find everyone IC? YAY!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

A musical, eh? That sounds pretty cool. I'll think about that. (it's sort of funny because i'm in music, and my friend is in drama. He has to do a musical and the people in drama right now really don't want to do a musical because they have to sing and dance. I'm really looking forward to seeing them sing and dance. hehe....)

Thanks for reviewing again!

NOTE:
    And by the way, I don't know how school courses work for you, but in my school (and it's kind of weird, because I know other schools have a lot more course choices in grade 9), the only courses we get to pick are the arts. So we can only choose between music, art, and drama. And so, I'm going to give that weird school system to the school in this story. Just thought you guys might want to know.

I play the piano a bit, but I only know the basics since I stopped taking lessons in fifth grade... I never liked it that much.

However, I do like your fanfic!!! Keep writing!
    Lemme guess...May and Drew will get the lead roles in a romantic play? Romeo and Julet, methinks...

I play clarinet. More CS!
    Mint, your cuteness has earned you my bishie!

This is FastBlade, the Scepario, made by me.. PM me to battle her! Or send her Candy for 5 levels! Level: 75 Moves: Wave Guiding Bomb, In-Fight, Leaf Blade, Leafy Punch

Credit to Mega Trickster!

~*My awesome, 1 of a kind pair is Sakura Kinomoto!~*

Default Chapter 2

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan View Post
    I play the piano a bit, but I only know the basics since I stopped taking lessons in fifth grade... I never liked it that much.

However, I do like your fanfic!!! Keep writing!
    Lemme guess...May and Drew will get the lead roles in a romantic play? Romeo and Julet, methinks...
    Lol. I play the piano too. I don't really like it, but I still play it.

Thanks! I will keep writing this! I won't write another fan-fic until I finish this one.
    As for the play, I'm not telling, but I'll say this: It won't be cliche (so no, it won't be romeo and juliet)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Merury View Post
    I play clarinet. More CS!
    cool! I know a lot of clarinet players (well, only because I'm in the band). I play the flute. hehe! don't worry! CS and PS will be in the next chapter, which is right here!

Here’s the next chapter! Enjoy!

Shippings: Contestshipping and Pokeshipping

Chapter 2: Troubles Already on the First Day!

“ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!” demanded Misty.

“I’d never lie about this stuff, Misty!” reasoned May.

“THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST YEAR OF SCHOOL EVER!!!” cried out Misty.

The two girls openly cheered out their enthusiasm as Ash and Drew tiredly watched them.

“Do you always have to do that every time we’re in the same class?” asked Drew.

“Of course!” said May. “Imagine if we were all in different classes! Do you have any idea how dreadful it would be?”

“Well, I guess it would be quite dreadful. After all, I wouldn’t be able to annoy you as often as I usually do,” smirked Drew, as he flicked his hair.

“WHAT?!?” exploded May. Even though she was quite used to his rude comments, she was still a bit angry and hurt about this one. “So the only reason you’d want to be in the same class as me is to annoy the daylights out of me?”

Ash took this time try to prevent a destructive argument, “Hey, guys. Calm down. Class is going to start soon, so we should-”

“That’s one way to say it,” Drew casually said, interrupting Ash.

“I can’t believe you, Drew! Sometimes, you’re the most arrogant jerk in the world!” screamed May in frustration.

Silence took its role, accompanied by some tension.

Drew was slightly taken back. “I hope that she isn’t taking what I said seriously. She does know that I just say those things to tease her, right?”

The tension was broken when May turned to Misty and Ash and muttered, “I’ll see you guys in class.” May then ran to their classroom.

“Nice going, Drew,” said Ash.

“I’m sure that’ll she’ll just get over it like she always does,” Drew said with a confident tone. However, inside, he wasn’t as confident as he sounded.

“Are you kidding me? You totally hurt her feelings! You’d better not act like the jerk she called you and you’d better apologize to her!” scolded Misty, as she dragged Ash with her to their classroom.

Drew stood in the hallway reflecting on what had happened.

--

“So the only reason you’d want to be in the same class as me is to annoy the daylights out of me?”

“That’s one way to say it,” Drew casually said, interrupting Ash.

“I can’t believe you, Drew! Sometimes, you’re the most arrogant jerk in the world!” screamed May in frustration.

--

“I guess I did take it a bit too far this time. I suppose I should apologize to her,” Drew concluded, before the school’s warning bell rang. In response to the bell, he made his way to their classroom as well.

In 9C, everyone was present. After attendance was taken, their homeroom teacher introduced herself.

“Hello everyone, my name is Mrs. Dewberry. As you all probably know, I’ll be teaching you Math. In this course, we learn about…”

While Mrs. Dewberry was giving the students the course outline and behaviour expectations, Drew scanned the classroom from the back row, trying to find the brunette whom he had upset. Finally, he spotted her on the other side of the room beside the windows, also at the back row.

“I guess I’ll try apologizing during break time,” thought Drew.

However, during breaks and the beginning and ending of classes, Drew somehow always lost sight of May. One moment he saw her, and the next, she was gone.

“Is she avoiding me?” wondered Drew. “Hopefully, I can catch her at lunch. Dang. This whole avoiding and silent treatment is annoying.”

After the third period, Drew desperately looked for May. As he turned the corner that lead to May’s locker area, he found Ash and Misty, but no sign of May.

“Hey guys, have you seen May anywhere?” asked Drew.

“Yea, why?” Misty and Ash asked skeptically.

“You know why. I need to talk to her,” said an irritated Drew.

“It’s about time!” exclaimed Misty.

“Well, I would’ve talked to her earlier, but she’s been avoiding me,” said Drew.

“Whatever. She’s outside on the benches by the cherry trees,” said Misty.

“Thanks,” said Drew, as he ran to the exit doors.

As soon as Drew got outside, he frantically tried to look for May.

“What am I supposed to say to her anyways?” wondered Drew. “Just saying ‘I’m sorry’ probably won’t cut it.” However, Drew’s mental questions were slowly answered as his eyes made contact to a flower shop just across the street.

“Maybe a peace offering will help,” thought Drew.

“So tell me again why we aren’t eating with May?” asked Ash, as Misty rummaged through her locker.

“You really are dense, aren’t you, Ash?” said Misty, still rummaging through her locker. “May’s angry at Drew, and Drew’s trying to apologize to her, but she keeps avoiding him. Do you have any idea how rare it is for Drew to apologize to anyone?”

“Okay, I get your point,” said Ash, as he noticed that Misty was having some difficulty with something. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

Misty gave a heavy sigh and unhappily said, “I think I accidentally left my lunch at home. Man, I was so hungry too after all that excitement this morning.”

“You can have half of my lunch,” offered Ash.

Misty’s eyes widened at Ash’s offer. Ash? Offering others some of his lunch? That wasn’t like Ash at all! But it was like him to care about others, and that was what Misty loved about him.

“A-are you sure, Ash? I mean, you love food so much!” said Misty.

“True, but you’re more important than food is,” Ash sweetly said.

“Ash…” said Misty, her eyes tearing up, “thank you.”

With that, Misty gave Ash a peck on the lips.

“Ehehe… no problem, Misty,” said a blushing Ash,. However, his stomach didn’t agree with him, as it started to growl. “Ehehe….”

Misty locked her locker, took Ash’s hand, and said, “Come on! We’ve wasted enough lunchtime here. Let’s go eat!”

“YES! FOOD!” exclaimed Ash.

Misty giggled at Ash’s reaction. “Well, at least I know that he’s still the same Ash that I fell in love with.”

Meanwhile, May was still sitting on the benches and eating by herself.

“What’s taking Ash and Misty so long?” wondered May.

But soon enough, she heard footsteps approaching her from behind.

“It’s about time, you guys! What were you-” May started to say, but stopped when she saw who it was: Drew.

“What do you want?” May coldly asked. “Don’t think that- mmph…”

May’s eyes widened as she saw what muffled her words. In front of her face was a red flower. What did Drew mean by offering a flower to her? Did he-?

“Take it. It’s sort of a peace offering, because I figured saying sorry wouldn’t cut it,” said Drew.

Inside, May was partly disappointed. Of course, what had she expected? Even if he did feel the same way, he wouldn’t just say so, especially in this type of situation. But it was still a rose that Drew was giving to her. Didn’t roses symbolize love or some other kind of affection? Surely, if he didn’t care, he would’ve just bought a tulip or some other flower or nothing at all. But if he did care, why did he always tease her about hurtful things?

“But I’m still sorry, May,” said Drew, unaware of May’s disappointment.

But then again, Drew hardly ever apologized to anyone. May had to give him credit for that.

“It’s okay. I forgive you, Drew. Thanks for the rose,” May said cheerily.

“Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I still need to get my lunch, so I’ll be back later,” said Drew.

“But Drew! There’s only 5 more minutes before the warning bell! Here, just eat the sushi I have for now, or else you’ll never get to eat!” said May.

“Huh? You didn’t finish your lunch? That’s another first, May,” said Drew with a hair flick.

“That’s only because it has raw fish in it, and I don’t like raw fish!” reasoned May. “Now, hurry up and eat your lunch, Drew!”

“Fine, mother,” said Drew.

As soon as Drew took a seat on the bench, May popped the sushi into his mouth, one by one.

~end of chapter 2

Did you guys like that chapter? Were the shippings too rushed (in this chapter)? I already have an idea for chapter 3, so it shouldn’t take too long to write it unless I get no computer access the next day. Please R&R!
    Last edited by Genkiness; 10th October 2006 at 2:37 AM.

YAY! shippy chapter shippy chapter shippy chapter!!! XD With the sushi and the lunch and...oooooh! Shippynesss flodding all over!!! This is good! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...wait, I'm just hungry...lol *****

cute and shippy!!!
    And enter the trademark rose.

YAY! shippy chapter shippy chapter shippy chapter!!! XD With the sushi and the lunch and...oooooh! Shippynesss flodding all over!!! This is good! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...wait, I'm just hungry...lol *****
    lol. i take it that you liked the chapter. And there's the rose! Thanks for reviewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan View Post
    cute and shippy!!!
    And enter the trademark rose.
    Thanks! Yes, the infamous rose. Expect more roses coming into this story! Thanks for reviewing!

I haven't finished writing up chapter 3 yet, but I know what is going to be in there. I just need time to thread them all up together. I'm sorry to say that this one probably won't be posted up until next week unless some miracle occurs and all of my teachers decide no homework. But here's a little spoiler!

Spoiler:- Chapter 3 Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Genkiness View Post
    “So tell me again why we aren’t eating with May again?” asked Ash, as Misty rummaged through her locker.
    He said "again" twice in that sentence. It'd probably sound better with only one. That's the only thing that seemed odd to me....

I really liked this chapter! Awesome!! Ash gave Misty food…. Yup, that’s a really good way to show he cares xD And that was a really nice way to include the rose! WHEEEEEEEE!!! YAY FOR DREW AND THE ROSE!!!

I can't wait for the next chapter! That spoiler is intersting.... a crazy idea from the drama teacher. Dum DUM Duuuuum!

~~Awesomeness~~

WAH! A rose!!! YAY!!!!!!!! *ahem* Sorry 'bout that, i'm very tired and I'm living on sugar. I loved this chapter, though maybe you could make them a little longer. Everyones being so nice, both May and Ash gave part of their lunch to Drew and Misty.
    "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." -Alaska Young (Looking For Alaska)

Contestshipping
    <3
    Andrew James Vivelo
    eleven.six.oheight

Ooh, I LOVE the end of that! A girl feeding her man like that! Of course, it works the other way around, too (I'm speaking about when my boyfriend and I were feeding each other candy on the bus ride home from a band competition.). But, extremely cute! Drew, you're such a little Meowth! "Hey, what?! I am not!" Oh yeah? "Yeah!" Umm, did you look at the last line of that chapter? "No, why?" *looks* *blushes* "That's not funny!" You're right Drew, it's not funny, it's hilarious and adorable! Well, anyways, (Drew's not my boyfriend, just a friend that's like brother to me) with this idiot out of the way...*gives me a death glare*...don't you look at me like that! Hey May? "Yeah, sis?" (<--May's my little sister!) Why don't you take Drew and go have a tickle fight, k? "Okay, fine with me, sis!" Thank you very much, little sister! "Yeah, sure, anytime, sis!" "Wait, May, stop! Amanda, stop your sister!" Oh no, Drew, you brought this upon yourself, friend! *watches as my sister drags my friend off* Have fun, you two, and BEHAVE YOURSELVES! Well, anyway, like I saying, no grammer/spelling mistakes, everyone's IC, storyline's coming along, perfect chapter 2, girl! Hmm....I'm really eager to see thaose arts classes, though.....

He said "again" twice in that sentence. It'd probably sound better with only one. That's the only thing that seemed odd to me....

I really liked this chapter! Awesome!! Ash gave Misty food…. Yup, that’s a really good way to show he cares xD And that was a really nice way to include the rose! WHEEEEEEEE!!! YAY FOR DREW AND THE ROSE!!!

I can't wait for the next chapter! That spoiler is intersting.... a crazy idea from the drama teacher. Dum DUM Duuuuum!
    *GASP* my first mistake found in the story! *hands over a cookie*

Haha. Thanks! The rose is always so meaningful in CS stories, ne?

Thanks for the awesome review!

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka Kinomiya View Post
    WAH! A rose!!! YAY!!!!!!!! *ahem* Sorry 'bout that, i'm very tired and I'm living on sugar. I loved this chapter, though maybe you could make them a little longer. Everyones being so nice, both May and Ash gave part of their lunch to Drew and Misty.
    haha! i'm living on sugar too! i'm high everyday at school and a lot of people are scared of me. lol.

longer chapters? it was 5 pages long on microsoft word... well, I see if I can make longer chapters, but forgive me if they're not.

Thanks for reviewing!

Ooh, I LOVE the end of that! A girl feeding her man like that! Of course, it works the other way around, too (I'm speaking about when my boyfriend and I were feeding each other candy on the bus ride home from a band competition.). But, extremely cute! Drew, you're such a little Meowth! "Hey, what?! I am not!" Oh yeah? "Yeah!" Umm, did you look at the last line of that chapter? "No, why?" *looks* *blushes* "That's not funny!" You're right Drew, it's not funny, it's hilarious and adorable! Well, anyways, (Drew's not my boyfriend, just a friend that's like brother to me) with this idiot out of the way...*gives me a death glare*...don't you look at me like that! Hey May? "Yeah, sis?" (<--May's my little sister!) Why don't you take Drew and go have a tickle fight, k? "Okay, fine with me, sis!" Thank you very much, little sister! "Yeah, sure, anytime, sis!" "Wait, May, stop! Amanda, stop your sister!" Oh no, Drew, you brought this upon yourself, friend! *watches as my sister drags my friend off* Have fun, you two, and BEHAVE YOURSELVES! Well, anyway, like I saying, no grammer/spelling mistakes, everyone's IC, storyline's coming along, perfect chapter 2, girl! Hmm....I'm really eager to see thaose arts classes, though.....
    LMAO! haha... that's funny! Thanks for making me laugh. It's been kinda boring today. hehe!

Thanks for your great compliments and the reivew!

Arts classes are coming soon, but sadly not until probably... Friday or Saturday...

Thanks for reviewing everyone! I'm a happy author!

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast