Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest Tie (Contestshipping)

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika
    Avegaille Spellman - Oh, cool! My fic was added to your site! ^^
    You're welcome! XD I was bored and your fic is really awesome so I recommended to other May fans to read it too! XP

And yeah, on the next chapter? Can't wait! It's so exciting!

GPXPlus Profile | Electromaster | Alert; Obsessions
    Paired with the awesome Orion-Sama~

You did great on this chapter. I admire your creativity that you used to name the pokemon and a unique plot. Be sure to PM me once your new chapter is done!

~~*Mist*~~
    For those who'd like to keep in contact, you know where to find me. ♥

Great Job!!! The storyline is good, I love how you make up your own pokémon and there aren't any grammar/spelling mistakes for what I can see. Keep it up!
    Has a Fic -now be surprised l3- Love Is a Many Blundered Thing Contestshippy-PG- Chapter 6 up Here (Very sorry for the delay). Please R&R! ^^

i like your fic, keep it up!
    Please read & review my Fanfiction:
    Friendship, Love, Rivalry and Misunderstandigs
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

Riyu Guest

[claps] bravo bravo!! great chappie!!! continue!!!

100% pokeshipper
    100% contestshipper

Sapphire Guest

XDD This chapter was really great! ^^
    Can't wait for chapter 3. It sounds really interesting

This is cool so far i'm enjoying it so far. I think Professer Lily's cool...I wonder what Brock would think of her....anyway i thought episode 2 was cool and I hope you get chapter 3 up soon.
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Oh yeah and i'm paired up with the cool Chuboy.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

Rene Bellosh Guest

Alas, as I have noticed with Sweet May's Contestshipping fic, this also seems to have a general lack of my favorite friend, UST. I would think it would take time for Drew to completely drop his act of flingling baseless insults and excuses (and May to develop an immunity from them), let alone for Drew to preform romantic acts on a whim (life saving scenarios don't count as such, as we all know ).

Which also brings me to yet another general criticism I have. I've noticed that aside from Drew's roses, I fail to see acts, traits or other character-isms which have been developed in the anime. Part of what make fics like FADOF and GG&P so go is that the characters do things which we know they would do in the anime, ex. Drew's teasings, May and her Expeditions, Ash's love for food, Team Rocket's idioticy and et cetera. This story (along with Sweet May's) will improve by a lot if these character-isms are taken into account.

Otherwise, good luck with your fanfiction. I may be harsher than the rest, but in the end I mearly want Contestshipping to be able to develop high-quality fics in the event I'm not able too.

Thank you all again for continuing to read my fic. Well, it's time for Episode 3 to air - lol. I would also like to take this time to direct you to this link . I made a page for the Contesta region and its new Pokemon. So I was bored! Big deal! lol

Episode 3 - Illusionist of the Sandcastle! Enter Illiumead!
    Rated - G

Do you ever listen to the ocean? The waves crash upon the sand, climb up, and the retreat back into the ocean. Then they repeat themselves. And climb and retreat. A gentle breeze slithers around the atmosphere, tickling the waves, sometimes making them angry. The sand is smooth and a pale yellow. Along this particular route, though, the forest meets the beach in a calm collision. The forest is thick with trees and leaves, separating the beach from Mangrove Pastures on the other side. Now the sun is going to bed, ducking under the ocean's surface, as the night spreads from above, putting on a show of color. Two Wingull caw over head, but the gentle crash of waves almost silences them. Even with all this noise, it was still peacefully quiet.

.................................................. ...........

May and Drew continued silently along the beach, not saying a word. The waves climbed up the shore, sometimes wetting their sneakers. The sun was falling fast in the sky.

"When do you want to set up camp?" May asked Drew who was walking right beside her.

He dropped his bag on the sand and said, "How about right now?"

"Um, okay," May said, a little startled by the noise the bag made as it came into contact with the ground.

Night had fallen. May had set up her blanket while Drew set up a fire in between them. The sky above was decorated with dozens of tiny stars. It was so clear. She sat on her blanket, facing Drew. He was now laying down on his back, moving his finger above his body, pointing at the sky, and smiled as he did it. The fire crackled and the orange glow from it outlined them both.

"What'cha doin?" May asked him in a curious tone.

He stopped and looked at her. He then said, "Just looking at the pictures. Every night, I try to find or make another one."

"You mean in the stars? That's a neat hobby. I think I've heard of that before," May said looking up to the stars and then back at him, "How many do you have so far?"

"About fifty," Drew said as he resumed back to his drawing.

"What are they of?" May asked. She decided to get up and move herself beside Drew. She set her blanket next to his and layed down on it, like he did to see what he saw.

"Some of them are just shapes, some are of Pokemon, and stuff like that," Drew told her.

"I don't see any," May complained as he outlined to himself.

He snickered, "Well then you're not looking hard enough."

"Shut up!" May shouted, "You're still so annoying."

"It's not that hard. Here look," he said and moved so that his side touched hers.

Then he picked up her hand and pointed towards the sky. She lifted her pointer finger so that it was right beneath his. He started outlining in the sky
    again, this time her arm followed his movements.

"Ok, can you see this one?" he asked her.

May could make out what the picture was and saw a palm tree in the sky, its corners lighted up with stars.

"It's a tree?" May asked, almost getting happy she was catching on.

"You really stink at this, don't you?" Drew told her.

"Oh be quiet. I'm really trying here," May complained, "Oh, I seeit now. I think that's an Exeggutor." She then said, "Who taught you how to do this? Or did you pick this up on your own?"

"My mom did it with me when I was younger," Drew admitted.

He didn't seem very happy at all. A frown had over taken his face. May wondered why it didn't make him happy to think about his parents.

It was late at night. The fire had gone completely out and May was asleep. Drew was still awake, still drawing in the pictures in the sky. He looked over at May. She was curled up on her blue blanket. Her face looked younger and more innocent than it usually did. He watched for a while as her body lifted and fell with each breath. Drew had to look away as red streaked across his
    face. He had always been able to get over the "excited" feelings he had whenever May was around and then go up to her to hide it further from her back in Hoenn and Wardy. But now, with her around all the time, there wasn't any time for that. He used to love fighting with her, just to talk to her without letting her know how he felt. Now that she knew, it didn't seem
    all that appealing anymore. He regretted the way he treated her. He dosed off into a dreamless sleep.

The sun lifted above it's watery, ocean surface covers for a new day. It beamed into May's eyes and she awoke. She sat up and looked at Drew who was snoring with his mouth wide open. His limbs sprawled out in all directions. May laughed to herself and kicked him in the side. He awoke and lifted himself into a sitting position.

"What was that for?" he said acting like he didn't know.

It wasn't a hard kick, but it was forceful enough for him to think he was under attack.

May looked at him with a face of disgust and said, "You got something," and she pointed near her own mouth.

Drew wiped the drool away and gave her a big, dumb smile.

"That's so attractive," she said sarcastically as she got up to get her bag.

She picked it up, buckled it to her waist and continued down the beach.

"What?" Drew asked, almost laughing to himself, "C'mon, what? It's completely natural!"

May laughed to herself as she continued, ignoring him. A dark shadow suddenly surrounded her. She looked up to see that it was a giant sand castle.

"I know you can hear me! Unless you're deaf today!" Drew called as he approached from behind her.

"It's a giant sand castle," May informed him.

He looked at it. It was very tall, probably three times his size. It was made
    completely out of sand. It really looked like a castle. One tall tower stood five times his size behind the sand masterpiece.

"Cool...I guess," he said, "We can't get side tracked. C'mon, we gotta get moving."

"Ok," May agreed and started to continue with him.

"Help! Someone! Anyone! I need help!" a child's voice cried from inside the sand castle.

"Huh? Drew, did you hear that?" May asked him as she stopped near the entrance to the sand castle.

"No, what are you hearing things?" Drew asked as he approached her, confused.

"Help! I need help!" the voice came again.

"That! And no, I'mnot hearing things," May cried, annoyed.

"Oh, I hear it now," Drew admitted.

He looked to May, who was looking worriedly at the entrance.

"I guess we need to help them," Drew told her.

She became happy and walked through the entrance. Drew followed her inside. It wasn't as dark as he had thought it would be. Light shone in, even though there weren't any breaks in the walls. The inside was a giant maze.

"Help!"the voice pleaded again.

"C'mon we gotta get through this!" May said and started running through the maze.

"Hey wait!" Drew said and stopped following her,"If this is just sand, we can just go through the walls, right?"

May turned around to see him try to punch the wall in.

"Don't do that! You'll have the ceiling cave in, smart one!" May yelled.

"Don't need to worry about that! These walls are hard as bricks!" Drew complained as he shook the pain out of his hand.

"C'mon, this way," May called and lead the way.

Drew followed her threw the corridors and twisting paths.

They came to a fork in the road.

"Help! Help me!" the voice cried again.

It seemed close.

"Hm, this way!" May cried and started running in the left side of the fork.

"Wait, May! It's this way! I heard it! It's stronger this way!" Drew called to her.

"No! It's this way! Let's go!" May ordered.

Drew got angry.

"I'm telling you it's this way!" Drew yelled.

"Ya know what? You go the that way and I'll go the this way!" May yelled back with an attitude.

"Fine! And when I find the kid, and you're lost, I'm not coming to find you!" Drew yelled.

"Fine! Same goes for me!" May yelled as she turned back around and ran of in the left direction

"Fine!" Drew said and ran off in the right direction.

May walked throught the corridors, her arms folded across her chest. She played the little fight over in her head.
    "He should of listened to me! Now he's going to be lost in this dumb castle forever," May said to herself, "He's so annoying! Somedays he's cool and some days he's just...really annoying!"

"Help!" a voice cried out.

May could have swore that it was Drew's voice. She ran quickly in the direction the voice had come from. She came upon a staircase and ran up it.

Drew walked through the twisting hallways.
    "She's so stubborn! This isn't the first time she's done something like this!" Drew said to himself as he walked through the maze.

"Help!" a voice cried out from far ahead.

"May?" Drew mummered to himself.

He came to a staircase and ran up them.

The staircase led to a small room. Drew reunited with May and they looked at each other in ashamed embarrassment.

"I thought you didn't want my help!" they said in unison, folding their arms and turning away from each other.

"Eel lee lee?" a Pokemon questioned from the back of the room.

It presented itself to them as it came into the light. It had a round, oval shaped head with fringes that stuck out behind its head. It's body was long and snake - like. At the end of its tail was what looked like another head. The second head had the same fringes the original head did. It's body was an orange color. It had numerous black blotches on its back.

May, forgetting about her disagreement with Drew, flipped open the Pokedex, "Illiumead(eel - lee - yuu - MEED), the Illusionist Pokemon. This Psychic/Ground Pokemon uses it's fake second head as a defense mechanism. Most people and Pokemon will run away in fright. If not, this Pokemon
    will surround the opponent in a life like illusion."

"Ee lee?" it questioned again in a deep, nasaly voice.

Soon the walls of the castle disappeared into thin air.

"Ok, now I'm confused," Drew admitted scratching his head.

"Hahahahaaaa!" came a voice from behind some bushes, "That was the best prank yet!"

The man presented himself as he came out of the bushes laughing. He was a chubby man. He wore dark green overalls over a camoflauge shirt. He had on a brown hat and black hiking boots. His face was round and chubby, just like the rest of his body. A brown beard covered most of his face. He was laughing so hard that he started to tear.

"Hey! What are you laughing at? Where's that poor, lost kid?" May yelled at him.

He rolled around in laughter as he said, "There was no kid! Illiumead made up the voice and the sand castle in your minds! Even your own voices were made up by Illiumead! Hahahaaa!"

"Well, that's the last time I try to do the right thing," Drew mumbled.

The man got up and said,"I'm sorry for troubling you. We just like to prank passersby sometimes."

"That's really mean," May told him, saddened.

He looked at her in a sorry face and then lightened up, "Tell you what. Here, take this map of Contesta as our sincerest apology."

May took the map from him and said,"Well, ok. It's ok. Thanks for the map."

"No problem," the man said, "C'mon, Illiumead, let's go home."

May and Drew watched him disappear with the snake Pokemon beyond the bushes. They then continued down the beach.

"It was nice of that guy to give us this," May said looking at the map as she and Drew continued down the beach.

The afternoon was ending now, falling into night.

"What? He just sent us on a wild Golduck chase! And for nothing!" Drew yelled.

"Yeah, but look what we got out of it!" May said to him.

She held the rolled up map up. She opened it and gasped.

"What?" Drew asked and went to see what she was lookig at.

"I think Lily was the one who sent us on a wild Golduck chase!" May said as she eyed the distance on the map from the Armarillo Desert to Norbrown City - they were completely opposite each other.

"Yeah, but, look what we got out of it!" Drew said in an annoying, taunting voice.

He then snatched the map away from May and ran off.

"Hey! You give that back! You're so annoying!" May yelled angrily and started running after him, "C'mon! I know you can hear me!"

They ran down the beach, May flailing in anger, Drew enjoying every minute of it. The sun wasn't about to wait for their fun to end on its own though. It dared to retreat back under the ocean surface covers for another night of sleep. The waves, though, would be up all night doing what they do best - climbing and retreating against the sand.

Yep, I decided it was time for some humor - lol. ^^ Well, now to answer poeple individually!

MistyMix89 & Juny - I'm so glad you guys like the new Pokemon. ^^
    MayShuuFan - Yeah,Brock would have done his usual gagaing if he had been there - lol
    To everyone else - thanx, so glad you like it. Please let me know if you want to be PMed - so far I PM MayShuuFan, Sweet May, MistyMix89, Monstrous Magikarp, Juny, and Riyu. Also tell me if you want off.
    Rene - Oh, excuse me, I'll get right on that.

Next time, on Episode 4 - Sawbura in Need! Hunt of Poaching Pokemon!
    May and Drew have finally gotten to the Amarillo Desert. Things don't stay too quiet when a Liequartz goes after them in blind fury. Can they figure out what's going on before they're buried under sand?
    See you there! ^^
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

great epi..... i love ur story all the way^ ^

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

Rene Bellosh Guest

*gasp* My old friend UST has managed to make a return! And is it just me or do I smell more description as well? Anyways I thought this chapter is the best in terms of quality so far, and if this contuinues, you'll make Rene happy.

Sapphire Guest

Yay a update! XDD This chapter was really great. I like the sprites for the new Pokemon on that site you made. ^^

Whoa! You can update fast! Anyway, I'l lread it offline, as in right now! ^^;;;;

great job on the contesta site though! XP

EDIT: btw, encyclopika, i thought you were a boy...... ^^;;; not until i saw your profile now... O_o;;;;
    Last edited by Avegaille; 28th April 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Another great chapter ^^ I still love it, your good at making things up! =D it's like the pok'emon you made up are... real.. pok'emon XD; that sounder weird lol. anyway keep up!
    Has a Fic -now be surprised l3- Love Is a Many Blundered Thing Contestshippy-PG- Chapter 6 up Here (Very sorry for the delay). Please R&R! ^^

I loved that chapter it was brilliant I especially loved the bit when May and Drew set up camp on the beach and the ending bit when Drew stole the map from May at the end it was so funny. Anyway update as soon as you can.
    Oh and this ficcie's been added on my website.
    Last edited by MayShuufan; 2nd May 2005 at 11:00 PM.
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

Riyu Guest

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!! did they even notice that they came back for eachother even though they said they wouldn't, that was cute ^_^ good work pika-san!! bravo!!!

Another good chapter and funny, too. OH, could you add me to you PM list? hope you have next one soon
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

Awesome job there! Your desctription is getting better and better! Keep it up!

~~*Mist*~~
    For those who'd like to keep in contact, you know where to find me. ♥

Sorry it took so long to update. I had to work and give attention to my multiple sites plus I had Writer's Block gone bad, real bad. It's like an ugly disease! Then I didn't have the liberty like last episode to make one sprite - I had to make two - right here Sprite Page for new Contesta Pokemon
    Here's epi 4 - hope everyone likes. ^^

Episode 4 - Sawbura in Need! Hunt of Poaching Pokemon!
    Rated - PG-13 - for bad language.

The Amarillo Desert is named after the Spanish word for yellow - amarillo. It is covered in a yellow sand that follows the blowing of the ocean winds. Sand dunes are scattered around its area. Sometimes they disappear due to the wind and turn up somewhere else. The sky has not one cloud, just a sky blue covering that seems so low you could touch it. Nights are hot, but days are hotter. The desert's low latitude and barren wasteland like structure make it almost unbearable. Even further, there is one escape, the cooling winds by the surrounding ocean. Life finds security from the sun underground or bare it.

"It's so hot," May complained.

She was walking beside Drew who seemed to be suffering as much as her, but keeping his mouth closed about it. He knew hot weather like this made him irritable and he didn't feel like having a fight right now.

"Yeah," he answered weakly, "What did you expect? It's a desert!"

"I know," May said, fanning herself.

They had passed Muk Rock a while ago. The sun was unbarable today. It scortched the ground and everything that was in reach.

"Why are we here?" May asked, still suffering.

"We have nothing else better to do. Norbrown's contest isn't taking place for another week," he answered irritably.

"What's that thing?" May asked him looking stright ahead.

Her hand was shielding the sun out of her eyes.

"Maybe you're seeing things," Drew started.

"I'm not seeing things! Why don't you look first before opening your mouth!" May yelled, getting irritable as well.

Ahead was a big brown Pokemon. They only saw it from behind. It's big head was sniffing in a burrow in a sand dune ahead of it. It had a long, thin tail that ended in two yellow pinchers. Its legs were medium length, bent foward as it kneeled to inspect the burrow.

"I have no clue," Drew said in defeat.

"Let's see what the Pokedex says," May said and flipped the round, red Pokedex open.

The Pokedex said, "Liequartz(LIE - kwarts), the Light Bulb Pokemon. This Rock/Electric Pokemon has very bad eye sight, and therefore always feels threatened. It will charge at will. This Pokemon is known to be the biggest trophy for sport hunters, making this Pokemon endangered."

"Wow, so it's a rare Pokemon!" May told Drew quietly, excitedly.

The Liequartz turned around and looked at them. Now they could see its whole body. It had a long face, almost beak like. Shiney yellow horns stuck out of its neck and head. It had a rounded horn that looked like a light bulb at the tip of its nose. Its front feet had long claws and its underside was protected by a silver plating. It grunted at them disturbed.

"Uh, nice Liequartz...nice...you don't want to run us over with those claws," Drew said frightened and backing away.

May backed away with him, very scared. Liequartz turned completely around and started charging. Drew and May gasped and started running for their lives.

"I don't get it! What did we do?" May cried as she ran along side Drew.

"Didn't you hear the Pokedex?" Drew said as he ran, almost out of breath, "It said they'll charge at anything!"

They ran and ran and came close to a large rock that was randomly placed.

A small brown, rodent Pokemon emerged from the rock and called them, "Saw! Saw!"

May and Drew hid behind the rock with the small Pokemon. The Liequartz ran past them. It then stopped, noticing it was chasing nothing. It then walked off as if nothing happened.

"Oh, it's a Sawbura(SAW - ber - uh)!" May cried in delight at the small, brown rodent Pokemon, "We saw a bunch of them in Wardy!"

"A what?" Drew asked.

He snatched May's Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon.

"Sawbura, the Mole Pokemon. This Ground type Pokemon spends most of its life in a desert burrow. Its long, sharp nose helps it drill underground."

Drew looked back at the Pokemon. It was much smaller than Liequartz. It was brown, furry, and had a long stiff nose. The nose had spikes coming out of it. The rest of its body was small and flat. It had short legs that ended in little black toes. Its tail was short and limp.

"Saw! Saw bura!" it said.

Sawbura climbed up the rock and looked back at them. It then turned towards its destination ahead and jumped down.

"That Sawbura was so cute!" May told Drew a while later.

"Alright! Enough about the Sawbura. We saw it hours ago," Drew told her.

"Oh! You don't understand!" May complained.

Night was falling and they set up camp near a large rock. Night fell fast afterward. The sky was as clear as it had been on the beach, but it wasn't as pleasent. There wasn't any gentle crash of waves, the shuddering of leaves in the wind, not even the chirping of night birds, nothing. A breeze slithered through sometimes, but it did so so silently that it wasn't noticed.

"Drew! I found one!" May cried.

She had picked up his drawing hobby from the other night. He hadn't joined her this night, though. Instead, he just watched her in a day dream. When she turned to him, he jumped in surprise.

He calmed down and asked, "What is it?"
    "A fish!" she said cheerfully.

He looked up to see it and immediatly saw it, all constructed with big, bright stars; a sign that she was a newbie at this.

"It's one of those two second, cheap fish," Drew said, "You're happy about that?"

"Oh can it! I haven't been doing this as long as you. I had a life!" May said pretending to be disappointed, folding her arms over her chest and turned her head away from him.

"Hey-" Drew started insulted.

He was cut off by a cry that cut threw the air in a ear splitting screech.

"What was that?" May asked, still surprised by the sudden noise.

"Sounds like someone's dying," Drew admitted, his ears feeling like they would bleed.

"We have to see what's going on!" May cried.

She got up and ran ahead in the desert where the sound had come from. Drew didn't follow immediatley.

"If it's that guy and his Illiumead again I'm going to kill him! Just to let you know!" Drew shouted after her as he got up.

"Shut the 'ell up, ya stupid things," a man yelled as he loaded a cage full of Sandshrew onto a large pickup truck.

On the truck was a cage with little Sawbura in it. Liequartz was already loaded onto the truck in its own cage. It was charging at the bars.

"Cut that out!" another man cried.

He splashed a bucket of water on it. It backed up and wimpered. It's rock type didn't like the water and it was painful. The Sandshrew and Sawbura were scared stiff and they all were quiet, afraid it might happen to them.

"Hey! What are you doing?" May shouted.

The two men looked up at her. One was short, thin, and looked intelligent. He had on a red jacket over a black shirt and jean pants. He had brown hiking boots on and his hair was a mess of black on his head. The other man who was loading the Sandshrew was much bigger than his partner. He wore a green baseball cap on top of his fat head, covering his bald spot that stuck out in back. His pants were loose, so much so his butt crack showed when he bent down. His fat belly was covered up by a blue sweatshirt. May couldn't understand how he was surviving in it. The night air was cooler than the hot day, but it was still not worth a sweatshirt.

"Scram, girlie! We gots business!" the smaller man told her coldly.

"You guys aren't supposed to be treating those poor Pokemon like that! They don't like water, they're weak to it," May told them innocently.

"Make her hand over her Pokemon, George. I don't like her atitude much," the big one said.

"Better yet..." George, the smaller man, trailed and gave the bigger man a signal, "Come with us, we're goin for a little ride."

The bigger man grabbed May from behind, pinning her hands behind her back. His hands were squeezed around her wrists so hard it cut off most of the circulation. May cried out in pain. George exposed a dagger from his back pants pocket.

"Shut up! Or I'll-," the man had walked up to her and held the knife close to her throat. A light beam suddenly shot into him and pushed him ten feet away from May.

"Or you'll do what?" Drew asked him, daring him.

Roselia stood at his feet angrily. The big man holding May in place, let go of her, and backed up stupidly to his partner, not wanting what his partner
    had gotten. May ran away from where she had been standing and over to Drew's side. Liequartz lit up the area with its shiney horns so that it could see better. The horns were now glowing a bright yellow that covered five feet all around.

"You wanna fight? You wanna fight with us, kid?" George asked, challenging Drew.

"Sure! Why not?" Drew said, daring back.

"Okay then!" the man said, stalling.

Drew caught on and egged him on,"Come on, old man, school me!"

"Ok," the man said and let out his Pokeball.

The Pokeball released a Geodude. Drew wasn't impressed.

"Ok, now either you're really dumb, or that's all you have," Drew said, knowing this was an easy win for himself.

"C'mon, Lenny, help me out here," George whispered to the bigger man.

"What do ya want me to do, George? You tol' me I couldn't have no Pokemon," Lenny answered loudly.

"The help you awr," the small man said.

"Roselia, use a Petal Dance," Drew ordered and Roselia started spinning.

Pink petals zoomed in on Geodude. It was hit directly and thrown back.

"C'mon! Do somethin'!" the small man ordered nervously.

Drew could tell he had never done this before. He was like a Growlithe with all bark and no bite. Meanwhile, May had gone around the truck and was looking for the keys to open the pens. She was looking in the driver's seat when she saw three keys, attached to each other by a key ring, in the ignition. She pulled the keys out and ran to the cage doors still on the other side of the truck, opposite the battle. Lennie, the big man, had spotted her and tried to stop her from releasing the Pokemon.

"Hey! What's you doin with George's keys? Give that here ya little ****," he asked her as he tried to grab them from her.

He decided it easier just to grab her and hold her down, just as he had done before. Luckily for May, Skitty's bad habit of coming out of its Pokeball was about to pay off. Skitty came out of its Pokeball. It then jumped to the rescue as it slapped Lennie away with its big, pink tail. Meanwhile, Drew had finished off George and his Geodude.

George returned the Pokemon saying under his breath, "Worthless piece of ****," and then looking back up to find Liequartz staring at him.

"That mean girl an' her Skitty are tryin' to let out the Pokemon, George," Lennie cried to his partner.

"No crap," George said, backing away slowly from the angry Liequartz.

It glared at them with fury. George looked for the bucket of water, but it was empty. It was on the side of their truck, over turned and too far away to reach anyway. George and Lennie smiled scared and stupidly at the ready to charge monster.

"Kwarts!" it yelled and charged.

"Ahhh! Run!" George screamed and ran for his life.

It took Lennie time to react to do the same. Liequartz chased them far into the dark horizon. May and Drew laughed at them, knowing they won't be bothering these desert Pokemon anymore. May gave Drew the other key on the key ring. May went to the Sandshrew and opened the lock. They jumped out and turned around to look at her for a thanks. They then scuried together far off. Drew fiddled with Sawbura's lock, but got it open just as successful. Sawbura looked back at them both and walked off slowly. Something was on its mind for sure.

May and Drew had made it back to their camp, only to get in a few hours of sleep before the sun poked up from the far off horizon. They packed their things and made their way out of the Armarillo Desert towards Muk Rock.

"I think this bread is stale," May said as she chewed on a piece of bread.

"And, what would you like me to do about it?" Drew asked her.

"Nothing! We just don't talk at all when we're walking if you haven't noticed," May told him a matter of factly.

"So you think I'm interested in your bread because..." Drew trailed.

"Saw!" came a voice from behind.

They turned around to see Sawbura. A challenging face on the critter. It was in an attack pose.

"I think it wants to battle you. Guess it saw how well you fought off the hunters, maybe it wants to try for itself," May said happily.

"No problem. I'm guessing it wants to battle Roselia," Drew said and threw Roselia out of her Pokeball.

Roselia came out, ready to battle on Drew's side as always.

"Sawbura!" Sawbura came charging with a tough Tackle, but Roselia easily dodged the basic technique.

"Use a Stun Spore!" Drew ordered and Roselia obeyed.

A fog of orange dust spewed over the little rodent. It coughed and shut its eyes.

"Now use a Petal Dance!" Drew called again and Roselia spread pink petals all around as it twirled in the air. Sawbura was hit hard with them and fell to the ground weakened.

"Go, pokeball," Drew announced and threw an empty Pokeball to Sawbura's weak body.

The ball bounced off sawbura gently and opened. Sawbura became a red light and was sucked into the machine. When closed, the pokeball shook with Sawbura's will to get out. It was no use, and soon sawbura accepted defeat and the ball stopped shaking. Drew picked it up from the sandy ground. He never thought his first catch in Contesta wouldn't be a Contesta native,
    but he was satisfied. Sawbura would make a strong addittion to his team of Roselia, Masquerain, Flygon, and Flareitten.

"Awsome! A new pokemon on the team!" May said excited.

She couldn't wait to see what Sawbura had in store for them.

"Yeah, I know. That's one catch in Contesta for me. And that gives you, zip," Drew taunted again.

"What was that supposed to mean?" May asked putting her hands on her hips.

"You said we need to talk more when we walk," Drew said and continued down the road towards Muk Rock.

May didn't have any other choice but to follow. The sun had elevated to a high point in the sky. The breeze from the ocean swept through the sandy desert, picking up sand and dust as it went by. May thought to herself, maybe it wasn't sawbura that things in store for her, maybe it was Drew.

Oh, yeah, finally! Epi 4 completed! Now, time to answer everyone individually! ^^ This probably my fav part of the job. Oh, remember - just tell me if you want off or on the PM list. I also want everyone to keep their eyes open for FORSHADOWING - events that give you hints about future event in a story. I've had some so far, hope you caught them.

misty_aquamaster - You've been added to the PM list. Yeah, that ep was meant to be funny. ^^
    Riyu - Glad you mentioned that. Yes, I believe they did notice. That was the "inner message". Even when in a fight, they still care about each other - fluffy I know, but ain't it great?
    MayShuuFan - Yeah, my fic's been added to ANOTHER site. ^^ Glad you thought it was funny, so did I. ^^
    Rene Bellosh - If only you would've waited 1 more episode XD lol Glad you finally like it. ^^
    Sapphire Chan & Sweet May - Thanks for reading and keeping up! ^^
    Juny - As you can tell, I update fast for eps I'm syched about and others take forever. lol
    Avegaille Spellman -I kept your's for last because I laughed so hard. Yes, I'm a girl, but I guess I would think I was a boy too...do I really act that bi at the May Club? lol

Next time on episode 5 - Night of Golden Roses! Save Them Drew!
    May and Drew are passing through Mangrove Pastures in order to get to Norbrown City's contest. On the way, they stop at a small village(not shown on the map at the site) known for their great medication advances for the world. Their secret lies in the Golden Roses that lay outside the village. Team Gem over hears and can't wait to get their hands on the valuable resoarces. See ya there!
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Rene Bellosh Guest

Foreshadowing eh? Well only thing I can think of is that     Spoiler:
    . Kinda hard to perdict things in a fan fiction with no apparent ongoing plot beyond what's used in the games and anime (you know, Ash getting badges, May getting ribbons, obligatory sidetrack to save the world, ect.). Nothing wrong with setting the plot on that level (quite accepted to do so), but once I get my fan fiction up and running (if ever, procrastination sucks) I would make its plot more focused but this has no significance as it only reflects my personal tastes.

But on that level, I do hope Team Gem is set up as a decent evil organization capable of much chaos and destruction as the past evil teams were (I love the bad guys). If nothing else I would wish for Teams Gem and Rocket fight a "gang war" over control of Contesta's underworld (go Rockets ), but once again that's a matter of personal taste as I'm a follower of the Rocket Gang. Point being: don't let them go to waste.

PS: I was wonderring, do you have plans for various minor secondary characters and past one-shots from the anime to show themselves?
    Last edited by Rene Bellosh; 3rd May 2005 at 6:16 AM.

^^ once again great eppie Enyclopika! I really enjoyed reading it, the grammar and spelling was good, and I loved the plot Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika
    Avegaille Spellman -I kept your's for last because I laughed so hard. Yes, I'm a girl, but I guess I would think I was a boy too...do I really act that bi at the May Club? lol
    I knew that would make you laugh! lol! XP

You updated so fasT! To be honest, I haven't read your previous chapter yet, I jsut quickly browsed throguht it........ but I promise, I will read it offline, okay?

XD i admire how you created the new names too...i only found it funny at first that it wasn't easy to pronounce or work out which element they belonged to...anyways, the description was much better this time...XD keep up the great work! oh yeah...try and add some sort of break from your chapter to your authoress notes, it makes it easier to read...

離開是為了回來 & lj & icons
    Sumner Sturgeon love the siblings Kana

Another nice episode Encyclopika. Sawbura seems so cute and those mean (rude, stupid and so on) poachers tried to take it...I wish May had caught it but oh well at least it's travelling with them. Anyway update as soon as you can.

thanks for adding me to your PM list. It was a good chapter, hope you have next one soon.
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast