Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1194

Thread: Contest Tie (Contestshipping)

Very nice! Really descriptive and exciting. No major mistakes I can see. Keep up the good work!

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

I'm sorry I respond so late, Ama! ^^;

Awesome chapter yet again! Loved it how you detailed everything in this chapter, which includes the battles, of course ^^ Can't wait for the next chapter

Oh, and your design for Serpell is adorable!
    By Me
    Slow Down And Look Around You, Throw Your To-Do List Away. The Clouds Look Like Sheep and Vice-Versa On A Do Nothing Day.

Hooray for 1000 posts cracked! >D
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistynia
    Loved it how you detailed everything in this chapter, which includes the battles, of course
    Yeah...that's probably the only thing I like about it. XD Glad you enjoyed the episode! <3

And don't worry about replying late...I know I got this out during the holiday when people were away or staying up super late and then getting back to work and school.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    Thank you for the awesome review Sike. I was a little nervous about this chapter since it almost contained no shippy content...because I wanted it to center around a new aspect to coordinator - the actual career and stuff like managers. I should have mentioned it in my authoress notes, but this is just as good. A better explanation's at my site.
    That's the part I really liked the most, Ama. I personally like it when stories take a step back to look at the nuts-and-bolts if you will. I don't mind if I have to wait months for the next chapter because I know the next chapter will be awesome. ^^
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

The scenes were wonderfully described, very detailed, and I only managed to spot one error.
    “Besides, the YCA thought it’d be a good opportunity for another interview, as well as a chance for us to battle one another. The town has nominated me their top coordinator, so it’s no surprise that all of us would want to see how you fair against me.”
    I think it's fare. I might be wrong though.

I'm sorry if I'm a bit late, it's been a while since I've been here...
    “Don’t lose faith. Only faith can heal the world’s brokenness where even glue guns fail. Faith can move mountains. Don’t ask me how though…but it DOES! In fact, I encourage you to come back to the path of faith and not lose sight of the light! The great white light! The light that is brighter than my own lightbulb!” - syaoran no hime's fanfic 'About a Daddy and a Nanny' ('cause it's all so true.)

No, Ama had it right. Great chapter though! Wish I could write that well.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

*Looks faintly emmbarrased* Hi. I'm Augusta. I've been reading this story for a while, but I've been to lazy to make an account. But I love this story to pieces! It's just so good! I mean, it's amazing the level of dedication and hard work you put into this Ama. Drew is OOC in the best possible way. Anyway, it's faboulouse! (Curse my bad spelling) Keep up the amazing work.
    I is unoriginal.
    Mwahahahaha!!!
    *Smashes Advanceshipping with a moldy box*
    Conteshipping forever.

I drew it!!! Hahahahaha! *Laughes Hystericaly* {It was him}

It's truly a great story, wish mine was going as well as Ama's is.

~Ayra~
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

I love this story so much it hurts! I'm sorry I haven't posted earlier but i just made an account here, but I've been readinng this for a while. I've read everypage so far and wanted to reply so bad I finally did something about it. XD I love CT alot and can't wait for the next page!

~CS FOREVER

O.O I am...so sorry I haven't been here in a while. (well, I've been here modding, but yeah...) School's been giving me project after project and yeah, I've had other responsibilities. People have been PMing me and messageing me about the continuation of Contest Tie, I'm most sorry for making you worry. XD Right, cuz I'd write 36/50 episodes for 3 years and then up and leave. Yeah, okay. XD Anyway, without any further ado, I shall present the episode. I'm still working on the new Pokemon pictures for this episode, but I think the descriptions are the best yet, so bare with me.

Episode 37 – Street Battle! Double Battle Crisis!
    Rated PG13

The path to Sesameling Town is what some call treacherous. Though the mountains are but hills and the forests are not nearly as thick as those in Redburn Forest, there are no rest stops here save for a generous man’s cottage. Here, Pokemon and trainers alike test the abilities of all passerbies. However, nowadays the path is ruled by a gang of Pokemon trainers ruthless enough to create a wall between aspiring coordinators and their final ribbon.

The sun was high in the clear blue sky of that afternoon. May and Drew had been dragging their feet all day, hoping that at some point, the roofs of Sesameling Town would poke out from the trees. However, as they emerged over the top of yet another hill, only another hill presented itself. The road was a dirt one and apparently was a forest path carved from travelers’ feet over many years.
    As they conquered the final hill before the forest became thicker, the sound of stampeding feet could be heard within the forest. They were swift and approaching fast. Drew stopped and so did May as she took his silent advice.

“What the hell?” Drew murmured as a thin man with straight, dark green hair emerged from the bordering tree branch. He held a twig in his mouth and his eyes were glaring as he smirked down at them. He wore dark clothes, including a dark gray vest over a deep red shirt that presented a thick white line over his chest. His cargo pants were beige, though, and did not reach too far down his shins before his combat boots began.

With hands dug into his pockets, he coyly looked down at May and Drew, who were perplexed by his rather unusual entrance.

“Ya wanna move on? Ya wanna go on ahead into the forest?” he teased like an older brother would toy with a younger sibling.

Drew grunted. He did not feel up to a challenge or any kind of teasing. The day had been long and tiring on his brain. Besides, there was no time for chit-chat. Sesameling Town was supposedly in reach, and they needed to get there pronto to enter the last of the regular contests.

The man in the tree began to speak again, his tone unchanged. “I said-”

“We heard you,” Drew cut him off and began to proceed into the forest with May behind him. “And yes. Now if you excuse us-”

The man jumped down to the ground – a perhaps twenty-foot drop – and landed in front of Drew. “I didn’t say you could go through. You need to earn it, Coordinator.”

Drew quirked an eyebrow. He had never been called a coordinator in such a derogatory way. The man stood up straight and reached for a Pokeball.

“Let’s have a battle and see if you’re worthy? Though, I can’t promise you anything – you are a coordinator after all.” The man threw his Pokeball to the ground to reveal a very flat, snake-looking Pokemon. Its eyes were black slits and its body was a dull beige and gray color, as well as being gelatinous as it became flat, then long, then short as it waited for an opponent. It had thick gray lines running from its head to its end.

“Houndour, come on out!” Drew called out for his own Pokemon and the black dog appeared from the device.

“How!” it barked, ready for a battle as always.

As the man announced a Quick Attack to the jelly-snake, May got out her compact-shaped Pokedex, having never seen the Pokemon before.

“Flanake, the Flat Pokemon,” the Pokedex recited. “This Virtual-type Pokemon is very versatile and can adapt to any sort of environment, even offline. It is mostly used by humans as a transfer of information, in which is can store in the bands on its back.”

Flanake was a fast critter, hitting Houndour with the Quick Attack before Drew could even decide on a move. However, Drew felt confident. His opponent seemed skilled, but was evidently underestimating the coordinator’s abilities.

“Houndour use Faint Attack!” Drew ordered, hoping to match Flanake’s speed.

Houndour rushed forward toward Flanake, but the opposite trainer had a better idea.

“Flanake, get out of there with Quick Attack!”

Flanake jumped out of Houndour’s charge just before impact and came back around to deliver its own attack, headbutting Houndour in the side. Not wanting its previous attack to be wasted, Houndour quickly grabbed onto Flanake’s tail and whirled it back toward a tree on the side-lines. The gelatinous snake hit the tree, and though pain was evident on its face, the effect seemed to be absorbed into its body.

“Use Flamethrower!” Drew called, not wanting to waste anymore time on this battle.

Houndour’s flame erupted from its mouth, and pinned Flanake to the tree, cooking it like a shish kabob. When the flames subsided, Flanake was knocked out and fell to the ground weakly and yet, weightless.

“Flanake!” the opposite trainer called out to his injured Pokemon. He then turned back to face Drew, hatred glowing in his eyes. “How the hell did you beat me? You’re just a coordinator!”

“What’s that got to do with anything?” Drew asked.

The trainer grunted and returned his Pokemon to its Pokeball. He did not answer Drew, but only swiftly disappeared in the canopy from whence he came.
    May sighed. At least Drew won the battle. Since their journey to Sesameling had begun, May had not once seen a Pokemon Center and who knew if one existed in the distance?
    They continued on through the forest, mostly unfazed by their latest encounter. As the sun began to the set and shadows of every tree became deeper and longer, the two coordinators stumbled upon a cottage, a small cabin nestled deep in the forest and just off the trail.

“C’mon, Drew, let’s ask this person if we can spend the night. It’ll be a lot better if we get some proper rest. Tomorrow we’ll really have to book it.”

“Fine. You knock,” Drew said, feeling uneasy about asking a random family for a room.

May skipped to the cottage, hopping up its porch steps and running to the door where she knocked. The door opened to reveal a young, silver-haired man. He wore glasses that seemed lost in his long bangs. Wearing a white, long-sleeved shirt, black sweats, and no shoes, he seemed a little too comfortable to be answering the door.

Still, with a warm smile he asked, “Hello. Are you looking for a place to spend the night?”

May nodded, “Yes! Oh…sorry for bothering you.”

“It’s not a problem,” he said as he moved out of the way for them to walk in. “The name’s Clark. This cabin is for coordinators only – like a safe haven until morning.”

May and Drew walked in. There were many more kids in the living area with their sleeping bags open. They were sitting around talking, while others sat at the dining table directly ahead of the front door eating a dinner served to them.
    Clark closed the door behind May and Drew. “Please, make yourself at home. And have some dinner before it gets cold.”

Drew was wide-eyed. What hospitality! He and May did as they were told and sat down on their sleeping bags in the living area as the other coordinators had. They also enjoyed some of the free meal, thanking Clark all the way. He had joined them for dinner, and as they ate spaghetti, May couldn’t help but ask the question burning in her throat since they had stepped inside.

“Clark…what did you mean by this place being a safe haven for coordinators?”

Clark stopped twirling the noodles in his plate, and calmly answered, “I suppose you were lucky enough to not run into one of the Separate Fists today?”

Both May and Drew gave him confused stares.

“We were challenged by a trainer today, does that count?” Drew asked.

“I suppose you’re new to the area. The Separate Fists is a group of Pokemon trainers that like to beat up on coordinators. In the day, they challenge coordinators that travel through this forest to Pokemon battles, often hurting both people and Pokemon. At night, any coordinator caught outside is raided of most, if not, all their belongings, including Pokemon, maps, food, everything.”

May and Drew sat up in shock. Apparently, they had been challenged by a rookie member earlier that day.

“So…they hate coordinators?” May asked.

“Apparently, so,” Clark murmured. “I’ve tried calling the police and some members have been arrested, but it doesn’t hurt them any. As long as their leader is safe, the gang won’t die. No one has ever seen the leader, though, so it’s hard to give the police any sort of clue. So, in this plight, I run this safe home.”

“That’s terrible,” May commented.

“What do they have against coordinators, anyway? I know during my battle this afternoon, he kept calling me a coordinator like it was a bad thing,” Drew told Clark, who nodded, having heard it all before.

The other coordinators were listening in from the other rooms as Clark gave the reasoning.

“It’s like any separation of people, and this isn’t the only instance of coordinator hatred. Recently, there have been radical groups popping up and harassing coordinators. They believe that Pokemon should not be made to perform. They must think that the trainer’s life is the only, right way. Supposedly, they ignorantly view coordinating as a hobby that should not even exist.”

May and Drew’s expressions did not change. They were still baffled by what Clark was saying.

“They’re just jealous,” said one of the coordinators sitting on the living area floor on her sleeping bag. She was no older than Drew, and had short, brown hair that curled and outlined her face, causing her green eyes to become angry, focal points.

All eyes turned towards her and she continued with a nuance of reciprocal disliking. “Coordinating is a new kind of training, and it’s taken the world by storm. Unfortunately for trainers, it’s easier for a coordinator to make a career out of their profession. Regular training is mostly a freelance job and so many trainers are without any kind of manager. Like I said - they’re jealous.”

“Now, now, Fara, don’t get so worked up,” Clark warned. “The police are trying their hardest to get them out of the forest.”

Fara folded her arms and pouted. “It’s just…a lot of us really need to get to Sesameling, but we’re slowed down by idiots who shouldn’t even be here! If they hate coordinating so much, they should just go to Orre and leave us all alone!”

Clark could not respond. She was right after all.

“You have a point. But until the police catch them, there is nothing we can do. All of you must weather it as best as you can and get out of the forest and quickly as possible. Go in groups.”

He then got up from his plate and moved into the small kitchen where he set it down in the sink. May and Drew looked at each other, and May smirked. It was a good thing they had gone with her plan.

The next day was calm and the stream of sunlight pouring through the cracks in the shades was the only alarm clock May needed. She awoke, stretching and yawning. She had slept well despite the fact it had been on a hard wood floor in a sleeping bag. Drew was still asleep next to her, his back facing her in a way that May could not resist. Grabbing his side lightly, she swayed him back and forth in a gentle way, as to not startle him awake. But it didn’t work. He was a rock of his former self and the gentle swaying went unnoticed. May sighed. If they spent the rest of their lives together, this would be one of the things she enjoyed the most (and of course, the thing Drew resented the most). She grabbed his side harder this time, and rolled him onto his stomach.

“Drew…we’ve got to get to Sesameling…today,” May reasoned.

His face was buried in the pillow, but his eyes were the only indication May needed to realize Drew was annoyed, yet understanding of her waking-tactics. He took a deep breath and lifted himself up from the floor, groggy, but coming to.

“I know, I know,” he murmured. The coordinators were still asleep around them and the room was shaded a tint of its usual colors thanks to the blinds that shielded the room from the sun outside.

Though other coordinators were just getting up to their own accord, May and Drew left early with their breakfast, leaving a small note for Clark, thanking him for his hospitality. Outside was pleasant and the conversations last night about the dangerous gang hiding in this bliss had all but escaped May’s mind as she and Drew continued their journey.
    The road got more undefined as the forest became thicker. May moved closer to Drew. There was no wind and perhaps the tree branches were too quiet for comfort. It was then that they sensed a third pair of footsteps a few meters behind them. Unlike yesterday’s encounter, whoever was behind them did not feel the need to hurry to catch them.

May looked behind them and murmured, “You hear it too, right? The footsteps?”

She was slowing down.

“Hey, c’mon. Do you want them to catch us?”

Drew grabbed her arm. There was no use in being curious – whoever was following them was either a fellow coordinator or a ruthless gang member. Fearing for her safety, Drew coaxed May into turning around and ignoring the ominous footsteps. But as soon as they turned around, a Scizor stared at them right in the face. The insect was taller than they were, and it gave a glare that sent fear into both coordinators’ chests. It moved quickly, bending down and then jumping up, faster than what the human eye could keep track of. And in a split second, it ran past them, making contact with May with its claw. She fell to the ground in pain, holding her arm which was now bleeding through her fingers.

“Houndour, help us!” Drew called out for the black dog.

It appeared once again, and seeing the insect standing dangerously close, shot a Flamethrower towards it with no command. The Scizor was much too fast, however, and easily avoided the flames.

“C’mon, Scizor. Show ‘em another Metal Claw,” said a man behind May and Drew.

They both easily deducted that it had been him following them. He was much older than them and his dark, navy hair was spiked very tall over his forehead. He wore a black eye patch and a black vest that did little to cover his chest and abdomen. Muscular, and seemingly aggressive with little brainpower to back it up, he was much more formidable, physically, than the member the coordinators had run into yesterday.
    Scizor went in for another swipe, attempting to ignore Houndour’s presence and hit Drew this time. However, the black dog would not allow it, and used a Flamethrower again. Scizor dodged it painfully easily, and struck Houndour in the face, sending the dog spiraling backward onto the hard ground.

“They tell me this all the time. Coordinators are weak,” said the gang member. “What? All you have is a puny Houndour?”

Drew growled from the ground as he held May close to him for her protection. Houndour was perhaps too low in level to deal with such a fast opponent. The man was challenging him, Drew knew, and without any further ado, he released another Pokemon from its Pokeball.

“Fly!” Flygon emerged, spreading its wings, and bellowing its name so that all may look upon it in defeat.

“Flygon! Use Flamethrower!” Drew called out.

The sand dragon was much quicker, and its flames rushed towards Scizor faster than it could dodge. Eaten up by the flames, Scizor was easily knocked out, and fell to the floor in a crispy heap.

The gang member’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “Scizor!”

“How weak are we now?” Drew challenged. “Are you done, or can I leave and get her some help?”

The gang member growled. Undermined by a coordinator? He would not have it.

“Yeah, right!” he blurted as he rushed towards them himself.

His arm was outstretched with a fist at the end, ready to strike Drew. However, Flygon and Houndour would not stand for that, and both got in between the man and their trainer, shooting their respective Flamethrower. Burnt like a crisp, just like his Pokemon, the gang member fell to the ground.
    The victory could not be celebrated. May’s injury was pretty serious and Drew helped her stand as he looked to his green dragon.

“Flygon,” Drew said to his Pokemon as it turned around. “I need one last favor. May is in pain and she can’t walk. Could you give us a lift back to the cottage?”

Flygon nodded and gently helped Drew hoist May onto its back. Once she was secure, Flygon lifted itself from the ground with a flap of its wings and proceeded to follow Drew back to the safe house.
    However, unbeknownst to Drew, the gang member lifted his head. Once the coordinators were out of view, he grinned and found a Pokeball on his belt that he opened to release a Nincada.

“Follow ‘em,” he said. “And make sure you can remember where that safe house is.”

The bug Pokemon nodded, and jumped through the canopy after the coordinators.
    Drew never once noticed the tiny footsteps above him – his concentration was completely on May and her well-being. He could see now that her arm and leg had been greatly injured, and though the blood flow was not anything too drastic, it still pained him to see her like this.

Back at the cottage, Clark quickly allowed them in and bandaged May’s upper arm and leg. She sat on the floor with him as he did this and every once in a while she’d wince in pain. The wounds ended up being minor, but stung like hell.

“C’mon, May, toughen up. That Scizor could have definitely taken your arm off,” Drew teased, seeing that she was better and ripe for teasing.

She narrowed her eyes at him with an upside-down smirk. “Too bad it didn’t take your arm!” she back-lashed at him playfully.

Fara, the young, hateful coordinator from last night was still there, and she observed as Clark finished bandaging May’s wounds. Her arms were crossed and her face stern, but then not all that surprised.

Clark spoke, “Fara?”

She looked up at him.

“I know this is yet another reason for you to hate trainers, but please…” he was begging with her. In perspective, he was trying to keep Fara from falling to the gang’s childish level, even if the useless violence could strike a chord in anyone.

She looked away. There was nothing to say on her end and she walked away, out the door into the afternoon light to continue her own journey.

Clark sighed. “All the other coordinators are only annoyed with this, but Fara’s the only one who returns the disliking going around.”

There was suddenly noise outside and voices talking loudly and mean. Fara’s voice could be heard as well, but struggling. Clark, Drew, and May, now able to stand thanks to pain killers, rushed to the door to see what the commotion was all about.
    However, as soon as Clark opened the door, two Separate Fist grunts in dark green hoodies grabbed Clark and threw him to the ground. Unable to move quick enough, May and Drew also became victims of the gang violence.

“Tsk tsk, coordinators really are pathetic, aren’t they?” said a teasing, female voice from above May and Drew’s heads.

Before them stood a tall, young lady with long brown locks of hair and steel-blue eyes that penetrated their very souls. She had on a playful, menacing smile, knowing she was in charge. The girl was thin, and wore a body-hugging, steel-colored coat that was sleeveless, but stretched down to her calves. Underneath she wore black pants and a black long-sleeved shirt.

“Who are you and what do you think you’re doing?” Clark demanded. “That’s my cottage! You can’t just throw me out of it!”

“We can do whatever the hell we want!” said a male voice behind the taller girl.

He too wore a defining silver jacket, though it did not reach so far down as the girl’s did, almost showing her superiority to him as well. He had aqua-colored hair and the same aqua color filled his eyes. He seemed to be enjoying this almost more so than the girl. “We are the leaders of the Separate Fists, Kikyora and Darji, and we’re here to take your little safe-house.”

“That’s stealing property! It’s a very high offense! And for heaven’s sake – I live there!” Clark pleaded, but the leaders’ expressions did not change.
    “First of all, Clark, we know damn well you actually live in Sesameling Town and only come to the safe-house during Orchida months to take care of the coordinators we, admittedly, harass. Secondly, the cabin is public as a rest stop to compensate for a Pokemon Center,” argued the girl. “Anyone can take it.”

Clark grit his teeth. Drew deducted that Clark, or anyone for that matter, had not expected the gang head-honcho to have done so much homework.

“You may have the right to occupy the cottage, but you can’t own it,” Drew argued on behalf of Clark. He was still on the ground, though, and so his words were not portrayed to the leaders as anything but squeaks from a mouse. Nevertheless, Kikyora eyed him, recognizing him in a way that turned her expression dangerous.

“Big talk for such a puny coordinator,” she said. “Two of my members have told me about you and how you defeated them easily.”

Drew figured word would get back to her on his feats, but had never expected her to be so invigorated by it.

“I’ll give you the chance to fight for your little cottage,” she challenged. “If we win, we take the cottage anyway we want. If you win, we’ll leave.”
    “It’s a deal,” Drew agreed.

He got up and May followed his lead, though, a little more timidly. The leaders seemed ruthless, and the fact that they had agreed to such a fair battle did not seem right in her mind. She feared the worst.
    They stood across from each other, the coordinators looked at their foes. Kikyora, the female leader, had no problem choosing her Pokemon first in a cocky manner. She threw the Pokeball swiftly into the air, and it popped there, the bright white light pouring out of it onto the battle field to form a creature May and Drew had never encountered before.
    It was a dinosaur-looking Pokemon, with hard, black skin, and thick back legs that held its body upright, making it bipedal. Its front legs seemed weaker and shorter, but were equipped with sharp talons. Though its head, perched upon a long neck, was bald, its back was something to fear – three bands of flame covered it. Its long tail also ended in a shovel-shaped ornament. It was then that both coordinators connected it with two Pokemon they’ve seen in the past – Furnisur and Coallire.

“Dinatherm, the Heater Pokemon. The fully evolved form of Furnisur,” the Pokedex May held confirmed their beliefs. “This Pokemon is of the Fire type, and spends most of its time underground where its skin hardens to that of a furnace. It is scorching hot to the touch.”

Darji had released his Pokemon right after Kikyora, and presented a Pokemon of similar appearance to Dinatherm in that it also looked like a dinosaur. However, this one was an olive-green color, and its back was covered by thick, brown plates. It too stood upright and its short, front legs were armed with very long claws. Its neck was long and its face seemed more vicious than Dinatherm’s – its mouth was full of sharp teeth, its dagger-like eyes were completely black, and it sported two, long horns above those eyes.

“Centil, the Plate Pokemon,” the Pokedex stated, “This Bug and Dragon Pokemon is extremely hostile. It shows its superiority by the length and strength of its claws.”

May gulped. It was no wonder why these two were the leaders of the gang. Without any further ado, May and Drew chose their Pokemon.

“Ea gawk!”

“Com busken!”

Their Pokemon called their names as they were released. It was two on two, and both pairs eyed each other – the trainer side in malice and overconfidence.

Kikyora went for the first move, “Dinatherm, Iron Defense!”

“Centil – you use Iron Defense as well!”

Both of the terrible lizards crossed their arms in front of them and began to glow, heightening their defenses.

“Now’s your chance! Use Dragonbreath on Centil!” Drew called out.

Eagawk sped towards the plated dragon, and released a furious green beam towards it, hoping to strike a lot of damage. But unfortunately, Dinatherm was quicker, and protected its ally by facing towards Centil and allowing the Dragonbreath to be swallowed up by the flames on its back.

“Combusken! Use Sky Uppercut on Dinatherm!”

“Eagawk, use Dragonbreath on Centil!”

May watched as Combusken went in for a swipe, pushing Dinatherm out of the way with a bright, blue claw. Dinatherm did not seem to feel it, though, as it was only pushed back. However, as May looked closer, she could see Kikyora smirk and then shout, “Dinatherm, use Iron Tail!”

Unfortunately for May, Combusken was in the line of fire after its last attack. Dinatherm’s tail became white so quickly that both May and her Pokemon could not respond before the blow was made. Combusken fell to the ground, shoved down by the Iron Tail, becoming squished on the ground.

“Combah!” it shrieked.

Meanwhile, Eagawk tried for another Dragonbreath. The green, smoky attack made its way to Centil, or at least that’s what it had seemed.

“Shadow Punch!” Darji ordered, and just like that, Centil had dodged Eagawk’s attack and delivered its own blow, hitting Eagawk underneath the beak and sending it flying back towards Drew and May.

Drew grit his teeth. Splitting up was not a good idea. Their opponents were good double-battlers, as was to be expected. Their Pokemon were powerhouses, but possessed traits and attacks that could help the other. He knew Centil, by type, was the most vulnerable against Combusken and Eagawk. The problem? Getting an attack through.
    As he was thinking, Kikyora went on the offensive and had Dinatherm try to hit Eagawk with a Flamethrower.

“Combusken! Help out Eagawk!” May called out.

Combusken jumped in to block the flames, but the intensity of that fire made even the fire chicken sweat.

“May,” Drew murmured, “We need to get through to Centil. I’ll hold Dinatherm off – just get Centil caught in a Fire Spin.”

May nodded. She trusted Drew’s judgment.

“Flamethrower!” they heard Kikyora yell just then.

May and Drew braced themselves for her target, but she never gave one. Instead, Dinatherm turned towards them, and opened its mouth, the flame forming in its throat. May and Drew did not move – surely she was not attacking them. However, Kikyora, the leader of the Separate Fists was not playing fairly, and Dinatherm’s flames ran right between May and Drew. May was lucky enough to have missed it, but Drew was hit in the arm, being just a little too slow.
    He grabbed his arm and held it, gritting his teeth. May ran over to comfort him, almost automatically. This battle was more intense than what they had bargained for, and with Drew immobilized by second degree burns, Eagawk was without guidance.

“Centil, Shadow Punch on Eagawk!”

“Dinatherm, follow up with a Dark Pulse towards Eagawk!”

The double team towards Eagawk would be a final one, it seemed. Immobilized by fear, the bird hovered in the sky dumbfounded.

“Combusken! Use Sky Uppercut on Centil!” May shouted quickly.

She had formulated a plan. It was obvious that Kikyora and Darji were after Eagawk since it posed the greatest threat. May would not have them hurt her baby or underestimate her first Pokemon. Brow furrowed and spirit counting deeply on her complicated plans, she silently gave her support to the Pokemon.
    As Centil jumped up to reach Eagawk, Combusken followed at May’s command. Combusken was quick to save its comrade and made contact with Centil by jutting its blue, enflamed claw between two of the dragon’s back-plates. The damage seemed minimal, but the chicken was successfully able to redirect Centil’s Shadow Punch into a nearby tree.
    From the ground, Dinatherm attempted to retaliate with Dark Pulse, forming a dark, energy ball on its front claw and throwing it up to the two birds. Without instruction, Combusken was quick with another Sky Uppercut, slicing the darkness in half and going in for a close-range hit.

“Ea…Eagawk!” Drew tried to get back into the game. “Dragonbreath on Centil!”

By now Centil was already back on its feet, partially recovered from its unsuccessful attack. However, Eagawk had recovered as well, and now the eagle was rearing to go with a powerful shot of Dragonbreath. Speed and accuracy were nothing to worry about, as Eagawk put its heart into that last beam that sent Centil flying backwards, taking the most damage it had through the whole battle.

“Now, Sky Attack on Dinatherm!” Drew cried out for the last attack.

Kikyora had no choice but to watch as Eagawk summoned energy and became a flash of heat. Combusken was doing a good job keeping the dinosaur occupied and in a corner as Eagawk came down for the final smash. Combusken moved out of the way just as Eagawk hit, again, throwing its opponent backwards. Dinatherm landed on the ground, paralyzed from the impact and its partner, Centil, was already knocked out.
    There was chatter amongst the rest of the gang members. Never, in all their time as part of the Separate Fists had they seen Kikyora or Darji fall in battle – to coordinators no less!

“This is ridiculous!” cried Kikyora, burning with hatred and disbelief. “How could coordinators beat us trainers? We’re the battling ones! All you guys do is make your Pokemon pretty! How could you win with that kind of outlook on training – if you can even call it that.”

Before Drew could answer, May stepped up. “Because we do both! We make our Pokemon strong and train as long and hard as you do. Part of coordinating is battling – it’s actually a large part in most contests!”

Kikyora spit at her. “Please, coordinators are pathetic. You’ll be leaving now.”

“Hey, wait a minute-!” May started but Darji cut her off.

“What? Did you honestly think that a battle, win or lose, that we’d follow the rules? Remember we’re a gang?” He said this while smiling and snickering. He had been able to swallow the taste of defeat sooner than Kikyora.

Even without his command, the lower-ranking members began to show off their Pokemon. One by one did gang-member Pokemon appear from their Pokeballs and growl menacingly at the trapped coordinators. Dark and Bug Pokemon of all kinds were prepared to attack.

“There are way too many…even for all of our Pokemon,” Drew murmured to May as he felt her back up against him for comfort.

“You can try to take the cottage, but you will fail,” said an unfamiliar voice from behind the crowd of gang members.

The voice came from within another crowd, this one full of coordinators, specifically the ones that had been at the cottage the night prior and ones that had just reached the area that day. Outnumbering the trainers, each coordinator had called upon their own band of Pokemon and they were all ready to defend May and Drew. Should a war ensue, everyone was prepared.
    However, unlike their leaders, the other gang members were not so strong-willed. With their leaders fallen and unable to assist them, they fell at the sight of a challenge such as that. Sporting terrified faces, one by one the grunts returned their Pokemon and ran into the forest with their tails between their knees. Darji left with them too, amused and only striding as he disappeared into the brush. Only Kikyora was left and she returned her knocked out Pokemon without fear of the glaring eyes that surrounded her.

“Do you see now?” came Fara’s voice.

She was standing now and staring Kikyora in the face, gritting her teeth.

“Do you see now that coordinators and trainers are equal? Or perhaps now you can even admit that coordinators are better?” Fara’s voice demonstrated some challenge, but Kikyora’s expressionless face only turned into a smirk.

“Oh, little sister, you have a lot to learn don’t you? I will never see eye to eye with you – and coordinating will always be the pussy-way out of real training. Pokemon have their abilities for violent reasons, whether it is to defend themselves against a predator or to become the predator. Showing off those abilities as anything but that just downplays them in such a pathetic way. I’m sure you realize as much as I do that our Pokemon’s techniques are much more appealing and exciting in the thick of battle.”

With that final note, Kikyora left her little sister to linger on her words. However, Fara only grit her teeth and clenched her fists silently. Drew watched this intently. It only made the memories of his own sibling resurface from the deep recesses of his mind. May’s voice cut those memories short – he was glad for that.

“Wait, Clark, shouldn’t we follow her?” May said in a panic.

Clark stood up and fixed his glasses. “May, you are certainly right however, we don’t know how dangerous that would be. We already saw how dangerous it got just battling the leaders and who knows if there are other operatives at their base? Unfortunately, many of the coordinators here have already wasted enough of their time dealing with The Separate Fists. Many of them will have to re-travel the route out of here for the second time and Orchida only gets closer. As much of a problem this is…Orchida is all of your biggest concern.”

Everyone looked down at the ground, knowing he was right. Many returned their Pokemon and returned back into the forest from whence they came, on their way to Sesameling Town. Though they left the area, the fight between them and the spiteful trainers was far from over.

Clark turned back to the cottage and announced, “Anyone who wishes to restock supplies, lodge here tonight, or is injured, please come inside.”
    Drew looked down at his hand with that. The skin was scorched, turning a very hot pink color with spots of charred gray coloring. He was the first to follow Clark inside, hoping that the damage done was not as serious as it looked.

It was unfortunate that May and Drew had to spend another night at the cottage. Though Clark was humble and hospitable as always, time was running out for May and Drew. The Sesameling contests were the last of the season, and with that in mind, they quickly made their leave that next morning.
    Again did they travel the path through the trees and brush until making it out into the white sunshine. Beyond the trees was another series of hills, but unlike before, there was a destination. In the distance Sesameling could be seen and May and Drew sighed a breath of relief. Finally – roofs and a chance to move forward.
    Hope you liked it. Gah...can't believe this took so long.

Next Time in Episode 38! Sesameling Convention! The Plight of Hatlings!
    May and Drew have finally arrived in Sesameling Town to participate in the very last contest of the season! The rules of the game are simple - first stage Pokemon only! So naturally, May persuades Drew into using the Hatling. However, coordinators in this contest know how to use an unevolved Pokemon to their full potential! Can the newly hatched Hatling fair against these light heavy-weights?
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 28th March 2008 at 4:18 PM.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Hi there encyclopika! I am on episode 20 of Contest Tie, and have been reading it since before i was registerd to this site! I just wanna say its GREAT so far, one of my favorite fanfics ever! keep up the good work!

Talking Loved it!

Hey there Encyclopika you remember me crissy111 I loved the episode I was so afraid that May and Drew would be seriously hurt but they pulled through!
    Can't wait for the next episode, hope you do great!
    Loved it!

-Crissy111(a.k.a Crystal)
    Last edited by crissy111; 5th June 2008 at 6:29 PM.

CONTESTSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!!
    MAY & DREW FOREVER
    I'm a total Twilight Saga fan,too.
    Picture credit:
    Nishi06
    DeviantART
    Link: http://nishi06.deviantart.com/art/po...194?moodonly=1

It was great! Nicely done and worth the wait!

~Ayra~
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Currently working on:

It's refreshing to see someone who isn't afraid to hurt the main characters physically as well as mentally. Not to sound synical or anything, but i'm glad that Drew was ACTUALLY burned, not anime burned where it lasts until the next scene. This is something that will, no doubt, put a new problematic spin on his next contest, same for May.one or two things:

There was suddenly noise outside and voices talking loudly and mean. Fara’s voice could be heard as well, but struggling. Clark, Drew, and May, now able to stand thanks to pain killers, rushed to the door to see what the commotion was all about.
    those guys are REALLY fast! Personally, i would have liked to see them show up, maybe at night. Taken a little time, partially suspense, partially real time.

“Oh, little sister, you have a lot to learn don’t you? I will never see eye to eye with you..."
    nice twist. foreshadowing, maybe?

other than that, i absolutely loved it, keep up the good work!

corsolakid
    Currently working on a new Contestshipping story, and intrest, ideas or questions, just shoot me a pm!

Currently looking for and

If you have ANY of them and are willing to trade, send me a pm and we'll haggle over price. :] Thanks!

Yay~! New chapter! I just realized I hadn't reviewed ep. 36. I'm too lazy to reread though but it was good, I remember that much Without further ado...

Spoiler:- my commentary/review:

All in all, another superb chapter

Lotsa love & luck, ellie-chan
    Check out my new website for information on CC and future fics.

~*~Also on FF.net~*~My Claims/LiveJournal~*~
    ~*~My NeoEeveeEvolutionShipping (GaryxSakura)Oneshot~*~

Banners made by me.

That chapter was great! I don't think I noticed any errors... aside from your AN, was that supposed to be 'bear with me' or really 'bare'?

Whatever the case, don't worry, everyone's busy...
    “Don’t lose faith. Only faith can heal the world’s brokenness where even glue guns fail. Faith can move mountains. Don’t ask me how though…but it DOES! In fact, I encourage you to come back to the path of faith and not lose sight of the light! The great white light! The light that is brighter than my own lightbulb!” - syaoran no hime's fanfic 'About a Daddy and a Nanny' ('cause it's all so true.)

Ama! I'm sorry I haven't reviewed sooner ^^;

Great chapter, worth the wait! Love the sibling relationship X3 Just how sublings should be *get's shot*

Can't wait for the next one!
    By Me
    Slow Down And Look Around You, Throw Your To-Do List Away. The Clouds Look Like Sheep and Vice-Versa On A Do Nothing Day.

I have finally decided to register for this forum. I absolutely love your fanfiction 'Contest Tie' Ama ^_^ I've bookmarked your website so that I may go back and read your fics at anytime ^_^ This is my first post on here and I'm glad that it is to compliment your beautiful work that you have done so far. As a fanfic writer myself, I love the way you depict everything, I love the wordings that you use and everything. You are truly an inspiring fanfic authoress. You have given me new heights and that gives me the power to continue my fics as well. I hope that you will continue your fic, but don't feel rushed. I know that feeling. I give you a thousand cranes and props. ***Thread Subscribed!!***

Yay! Ama has a new chapter out! ^^

Overall, it was very good. You had a nice amount of action, which is good. I must say, I was rather surprised to read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika View Post
    “We can do whatever the hell we want!” said a male voice behind the taller girl.

He too wore a defining silver jacket, though it did not reach so far down as the girl’s did, almost showing her superiority to him as well. He had aqua-colored hair and the same aqua color filled his eyes. He seemed to be enjoying this almost more so than the girl. “We are the leaders of the Separate Fists, Kikyora and Darji, and we’re here to take your little safe-house.”
    What made me surprised about the line is how true it is. I mean, with names like Kikyora and Darji (where did you come up with them), they can do whatever they want.
    Last edited by Nathan Madien; 7th April 2008 at 7:52 PM.
    November 11, 1918 - At the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, the Great War ends. At 5 a.m. that morning, Germany, bereft of manpower and supplies and faced with imminent invasion, signed an armistice agreement with the Allies in a railroad car outside Compiégne, France. The First World War left nine million soldiers dead and 21 million wounded, with Germany, Russia, Austria-Hungary, France, and Great Britain each losing nearly a million or more lives. In addition, at least five million civilians died from disease, starvation, or exposure.

Cardcaptor Sakura - Celebrating Ten Magical Anime Years

Hey, sorry I haven't reviewed much. I don't come on the forums much anymore and when I do its only to read fics =/
    But I'll try to review more

I loved how you made the sibling thing relate to Drew. I knew that Fara girl would have more to do with it, but that surprised me XD
    Well done!
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast