Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1194

Thread: Contest Tie (Contestshipping)

Wow, The Separate Fists certainly had some seriously tough Pokémon and put up quite the fight. o.o And I was glad to see them lose to coordinators given their attitude about coordinators. That's what they get for assuming that coordinating is just "the pussy-way out of real training". X3

They sent out some pretty cool Pokémon, too. I enjoyed seeing Furnisur's final evolutionary stage in action. Centil sounds very wicked-looking; I love it. Flanake was neat, too--fwee for Virtual-types! ^^

And I hadn't expected for Fara to be Kikyora's sister. o.o That was certainly an interesting surprise.

Other highlights:

The next day was calm and the stream of sunlight pouring through the cracks in the shades was the only alarm clock May needed. She awoke, stretching and yawning. She had slept well despite the fact it had been on a hard wood floor in a sleeping bag. Drew was still asleep next to her, his back facing her in a way that May could not resist. Grabbing his side lightly, she swayed him back and forth in a gentle way, as to not startle him awake. But it didn’t work. He was a rock of his former self and the gentle swaying went unnoticed. May sighed. If they spent the rest of their lives together, this would be one of the things she enjoyed the most (and of course, the thing Drew resented the most). She grabbed his side harder this time, and rolled him onto his stomach.
    Heh, this part was cute. ^^

“C’mon, May, toughen up. That Scizor could have definitely taken your arm off,” Drew teased, seeing that she was better and ripe for teasing.

She narrowed her eyes at him with an upside-down smirk. “Too bad it didn’t take your arm!” she back-lashed at him playfully.
    XD

OH. And I must comment on that pic of Serpell that you posted--that was really cool. I love the way the yellow markings look against the sort of beige color of the creature. ^^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Thank you all for the awesome reviews!
    Heh...hehe...can you believe it? It's been yet another year! Contest Tie's birthday is today and it's three years old! ...X.x 3 YEARS? Ugh! Hopefully this year we'll finally get to Orchida! XD I hope everyone's enjoying the fic, even if it is taking so long to wrap up. If no one minds, I just want know, after another year full of episodes and events:

What's your favorite episode and why?
    Which Fakemon is your fav and why?
    Your Favorite CotD (character of the day)?
    Your least favorite episode?
    Least favorite fakemon?
    You predictions for the last few episodes?

You don't have to answer all of them, but I have a feeling that Contest Tie might end this year. All that's left is Sesameling Town (which is the next episode!), Waterblu Caves, and finally Orchida! (that's not spoilers unless you haven't seen the Contestan map at my site these three years XD) Yeah...so...please answer these while I write Demons of Metropolis! XD;
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

What's your favorite episode and why?
    A: My favorite episode happens to be Episode 11: Penningreen Town! Meet Miss Clueless! It's my favorite episode because of the kiss Drew and May shared when May was thinking that Drew would want to leave her to travel with Becky. I definitely love this episode.

Which Fakemon is your fav and why?
    A: My favorite fakemon by far is Flareitten. I just love the color of the fakemon, and also it's a fire type ^_^ (Also, because Drew has one)

You predictions for the last few episodes?
    A: Can't make any predictions. I'm sure it'll be great

I hope that more chapters go up soon, i have been reading this story since it cameout, it basicly like waiting for the harry books to finnaly come out. in the end of your story, are may and drew going to fall in love or something like that
    Ya Mays comeing back for a small camo

I don't know, I can't choose which is my favorite. I like them all. But the three Days were adorable!

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

my oh my...
    this fic gets better and better with each new chapter!
    My predictions for the new few chapter are that something big will happen between May and Drew. Weather its a huge fight or some more blooming romance, im still not sure. All i know is that whatever it is, im sure to love it.

In the chapter about the magazine i got a bit confused. Is is now official to May and Drew that they are dating?
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/of3ozs.jpg[/IMG]
    })i({~credit to Blazegirl for the awsome banner~})i({

I don't THINK so, but maybe.

~Ayra~
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it is what you do with the gift of life, that determines who you are." -Mewtwo
    "The only thing we can be is ourselves, we can't be someone else, and someone else can't be us." -Kelly Smith
    3DS FC 1048-8196-8009
    Type:Flying
    Spearow, Woobat, Hawlucha
    ^Click to go to my Ribbon Sprites thread, in need of some ideas^
    Currently working on:
        Spoiler:- Ribbons I'm working on:
    [img]http://i44.*******.com/23t2pg8.png[/img]
    Credit to AWildMew for the Shinjoh Connection userbar

wow...great chapter! I love this one because it's so interesting that you showed the distance and the differences between coordinators and trainers. It makes the story seem so much more real. Great job! Can't wait for the next chapter!

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

Your last chapter was great as usual. May and Drew's battle with the gang leaders kept me at the edge of my seat. It's so unbelievable that Contest Tie is 3 years old. Wow! Which Fakemon is your fav and why?
    Answer: I would have to say Eaglie because of the fact it's a dragon type. My other reason it's my favorite Fakemon is because of how adorable it is.

Nice chapter. I was really looking forward to it, and I wasn't disappointed. I'm looking forward the next too.

Do you see now that coordinators and trainers are equal? Or perhaps now you can even admit that coordinators are better?” Fara’s voice demonstrated some challenge, but Kikyora’s expressionless face only turned into a smirk.

“Oh, little sister, you have a lot to learn don’t you? I will never see eye to eye with you – and coordinating will always be the pussy-way out of real training. Pokemon have their abilities for violent reasons, whether it is to defend themselves against a predator or to become the predator. Showing off those abilities as anything but that just downplays them in such a pathetic way. I’m sure you realize as much as I do that our Pokemon’s techniques are much more appealing and exciting in the thick of battle.”
    Little sister? I didn't see that one coming. Clever.

I just have one more thing to say. Why did May only battle once? And she battle because it was a double battle. Maybe you wanted to put Drew as a gentleman and make him protect her? That's a possibility. Anyway, I really liked this chapter despite the whole conflict, which is understandable and gotta say it's seems so natural and real it could happen in the show. Though I really doubt they'd put something like this, but who knows. I haven't seen Pokemon in a long time, so I don't really know what's happening anymore
    Please read & review my Fanfiction:
    Friendship, Love, Rivalry and Misunderstandigs
    Now on Chapter 19 !!

This story is really amazing. I really can't pick a favorite episode...I love all of them. Flareitten has to be my favorite fakemon because, well I don't exaclty have a reason, I just took a liking to it. I'm really anxious about the next episode!

Great! I liked it a lot. Yup, didn't see the 'sister' part coming. Keep it up!

BACK

I am SUCH a lurker reader! I've been reading this for a while, and not a peep! But I'm finally out of the shadows and ready to review!

What's your favorite episode and why? I. Loved. Every. Episode.
    Which Fakemon is your fav and why? Scrouse! It's sooooo cute!
    Your Favorite CotD (character of the day)? I'm not sure
    Your least favorite episode? Hmmmm, look at the first question.
    Least favorite fakemon? Janerycorn, it just strikes me the wrong way for some reason.
    You predictions for the last few episodes? Ooooh! I have no idea! But hopefully lots of shippyness!

Hey I'm new here and I've been rading all of those fics. I gotta their rally awesome awesome.

My favorite Fakemon is flairitten. My favorite animals are cats and i just love fire Pokemon. I always wishwd their would be a flying fire-cat as a pokemon and you made my dream come true.

I don't really have any predictions but i hope May and Drew come close.
    Last edited by MayfanxD; 2nd January 2009 at 5:43 AM.
    My very first fanfic: Journey to Almo (Chapter 4 up)
    -A New region
    -New friends
    -New enemies
    -New Pokemon
    and a brand new adventure

The fact that I haven't posted a new episode since April bothers me as much as it bothers you. I'm very happy to see that people have been reviewing these past few months, regardless of my absence in the thread. I really appreciate the loyalty.
    Anyway, to recap the story a bit so far: May and Drew are traveling in Contesta, in which Drew has enough ribbon points in order to compete in the Orchida Festival. May needs just one more ribbon point. Both have gotten new Pokemon, namely Pokemon named Hatling who are cute, yet mysterious little birds. They've proven to be great contestors. May and Drew have been on their way to Sesameling Town and the last contest.
    Again, I'm really sorry for not updating in such a long time. ;o; Please R&R so that I know you're still with me. ;;
    Episode 38 – Sesameling Convention! The Plight of Hatlings!
    Rated PG

With one more ribbon to go, May hastily signed up for Sesameling Town’s contest. This would be her last chance for a full ribbon. She needed just one more point to make it to Orchida. One more chance.
    May was not alone, though. To many coordinators, Sesameling is the end of the road and the last pit stop for anyone without the right number of ribbon points. "Open Sesame to Orchida" is the unofficial slogan. The city is a southern, shipping port. Coordinators rushing their way towards Orchida often make their way here by boat, as commonly as walking.

“So, this contest is open only to stage one Pokemon, hm?” Drew observed his booklet for the specific contest. “I think I’ll use Roselia. Or even Houndour.”

“Why did you even enter the contest?” May asked, narrowing her eyes at Drew, who was happy to be in a contest again.

They strolled the sidewalks toward a wooded park where they could train until the contest. The day was clear – a perfect scene to prepare without worry. Pidgey urgently flew past them to land on telephone wires and clean their wings.
    Drew turned to May with an honest smile, oblivious to her malice.

“For fun,” Drew answered, folding his arms. “There’s nothing like a real contest to use as a training ground.”

May agreed with this, though she hated the thought of losing to him in such an important contest. Did he realize he was risking her chance to be with him in Orchida?
    They walked into the park. Before them was a scene filled with other coordinators practicing with their Pokemon for the very same contest. May and Drew found their own place to practice, a small clearing by the iron fence, right across from a jungle gym.
    Drew sat at the stone bench available to them and May stood, folding her arms in front of it, eyeing Drew.

“I think you should use Hatling, dontcha think?” May asked.

The question blurted out of her mouth, but she did not regret it.

“That wouldn’t be a smart move,” Drew answered quickly.

“Why not? If you’re not worried about winning or losing, what’s there to lose? Besides, the Hatling could use the experience.”

“You’re saying that like you’re thinking of using your own Hatling,” Drew stated, looking up at her from his book.

“I am,” May told him confidently.

Drew just stared at her. Truthfully, he did not think the Hatling were ready for battle against other Pokemon.

“What?”

“That’s jeopardizing your ribbon, you know that?”

May became angry and got into his face. “If I was a Hatling, I’d peck your eyes out! How could you say that about your own Pokemon?”

Drew sighed. “It’s blunt, but it’s the truth. The Hatling are not ready to take on a contest all by themselves.”

May stood back up straight, becoming stubborn, even though in the back of her mind, she figured him right.

“I think this is a great opportunity!” May refuted his argument. “The playing field’s been limited to only baby Pokemon. They’ll be up against Eevees and Weedles.”

Drew shook his head. “May, did you hit your head this morning?” May huffed at that comment, but allowed him to continue. “It’s not “baby” Pokemon, it’s stage one. Sure there might be a Weedle or Caterpie in there, but the people who are going to make it to the top will probably be using things like Carvanha and Rhyhorn. And besides, the people who are entering are taking that into consideration and you can bet every Pokemon that will be entering will be very experienced, despite their size or nature.”

May refused to back down, crossing her arms again to show him she would not budge. She had made her decision to utilize Hatling’s speed and cuteness for this contest upon registration. Even though Hatling itself was oblivious to this, May felt she could not back down on it now.

Seeing that his point was not getting across, Drew said, “If you’re going to be like that, I can’t help you.”

With that, he got up and left her to her own devices. He wasn’t angry with May, though. She had to earn this ribbon by herself and both of them knew that. He could not baby her. However, Drew did take May’s point with him in seeing that it was indeed a great opportunity for the Hatlings. That is, a great opportunity for someone who has nothing riding on this event, like himself. Drew could only hope May had brains enough to make it through the contest, like he knew she did.

But, unfortunately, that idea was shot down. The next morning, as a good as gold, May was still going with Hatling. The little bird sat near her as they and the rest of the coordinating, backstage crowd waited for the MC to begin. Drew just shook his head. It was her decision, he told himself, and sat down without a word.

“What’s going on? Are you ready for a show?” shouted the MC into the microphone.

She appeared to be only a little older than May dressed up like a doll. The yellow, princess-like gown fitted her, and the bottom skirt was large and elegant, supposedly supported by hoops and many layers of cloth. The sleeves were round and her arms that emerged from them were covered by long white gloves. The MC introduced herself as Wanda. With flowing pink hair and bright blue eyes, she was definitely cute, and that was probably what she was going for. All it did for May, however, was drive the illusion home that this was a contest for “baby” Pokemon. And business went on as usual.

"The judges are here to grade our coordinators on their performance! Mr. Danzo and Mr. Tsuna are here from the Pokemon Fanclub and our own Nurse Joy is also here to spectate!" Wanda pointed out a Nurse Joy and two old men in sweaters sitting offstage. "Let's get this contest started with entry number one!"

The appeals did not fix the baby-cute image Wanda gave off, either. Sure, May witnessed strong and large Pokemon appealing, but there were also small ones that posed no threat at all.

“We’re really speeding along, aren’t we?” Wanda commented right before May’s turn. “We’ve seen some awesome Pokemon, but now I’d like to introduce a coordinator who’s been climbing the coordinating ladder here in Contesta. I give you May!”

May arrived onstage. The lights, again, were blaring in her face and the sound of the crowd roaring for an appeal made May feel at home. Yes, a real contest. With a twirl, she threw her Pokeball to release Hatling, her oblivious, egg-shaped Pokemon.

“Hat! Hat!” it peeped and ruffled its wings sweetly.

Again, Hatling’s sheer cuteness won over the crowd as May had hoped. All eyes were on the fluff ball as May announced its first maneuver.

“Hatling! Use Softboiled three times! Throw them into the air!”

Hatling bounced like a beach ball, and created three, egg-shaped balls of energy that sparkled like fireworks. One by one, the small bird threw them into the air where they hung for a few seconds, almost lighter than air, before descending back down.

“Now catch them with Water Sport!” May announced quickly, giving Hatling time to react. “Give it a spin!”

Hatling twirled as it released its Water Sport and the liquid elegantly caught the shining eggs. As Hatling spun like a top, the Water Sport became a whirlpool and the eggs that it juggled lit up the water, making it a golden color. When Hatling stopped, the water dissipated from the heat of the energy within the eggs.

“What a beautiful show from May and Hatling! The combination of Softboiled and a twirl of Water Sport has certainly gotten the crowd going! But what do our judges think?” asked Wanda, who spun around to look at the panel of judges.

The crowd cheered at the performance and the three judges gave May a 27.7, despite the fact that Hatling was stumbling in a drunken manner after its spin. May accepted that. It was quite a good score, considering it was Hatling’s very first real contest appeal.
    Back stage, Drew was thinking the same thing. However, as he and May exchanged places on stage, he could not help but feel May was making a mistake. What would happen if she did not win the ribbon? However, May was cheerful nonetheless and seemed carefree about the whole predicament.

“Good luck!” she called and skipped merrily into the backstage room where she would watch him on the television.

On stage, the crowd appeared eager for his appeal, and Drew delivered by calling his own Hatling to the stage. Drew could almost hear May huffing back stage for having lectured her about using Hatling, but as he found yesterday, it was a better opportunity for him to use Hatling than it was for May. After all, he did not desperately need this ribbon.

“It seems Drew also has a Hatling! Let’s see if he can wipe the floor with May’s performance!” Wanda called and let Drew command the audience from there.

“Hatling! Build up Mud Sport!” Drew ordered.

The little bird kicked up a Mud Sport and spun, creating a mountain of mud. In an instant, it had successfully buried itself in mud and the crowd could no longer see it.

Intrigued, the MC said, “Oh my! What could Drew be planning to show us?”

“Now use Softboiled and then Ember!” Drew was confident with his plan and Hatling eagerly obeyed.

From the top of the mountain spouted five sparkling eggs. They hung in the air as the area below them began to heat up. In an instant, Hatling unleashed an explosive Ember. The bright orange embers collided with the golden eggs and created fireworks of giant proportions. Great sights and sounds could be witnessed as the energy inside the eggs exploded and rained sparks and missiles down onto the stage. It was both violent and beautiful; Drew and Hatling had created a makeshift volcano.
    When the fireworks ceased, Hatling stopped its Ember and it broke out of the hardened mountain of mud. The crowd clapped and cheered for the little bird. Who knew it had such power in that egg-shaped body?

“Wow! That was amazing and I think I heard the judges deeming it extremely creative. What’d they give Drew for a final score?” Wanda asked as she looked up at the large screen behind her.

The number presented itself at 28.0, even. Drew figured he lost points out of slow preparation time, but nevertheless, he was completely satisfied. He had worked for hours perfecting that appeal yesterday, as he was sure May had on her appeal.
    Backstage, May assessed Drew’s score. It was true he only scored a little higher than hers, but that made all the difference to her. Drew had gone the extra mile, and prepared Hatling for this contest with a new move, and a powerful one at that. Feeling down that she had not done the same, she changed the subject in her mind, and instantly become angry.

“What happened to “the Hatlings aren’t experienced enough for this contest”, hm?” May challenged Drew as he came through the backstage entrance from the stage.

He knew this was coming and so stayed calm and collected. “If you need to desperately win this contest, May,” he finished for her. “The difference here is that you need this ribbon and I don’t. I don’t know how many more times I need to make that clear.”

“It’s still pretty weird and mean of you to do,” May said, folding her arms. “You’re a huge hypocrite!”

Drew agreed somewhat, but in the end, only brushed his hair out of his eyes. It was just a suggestion out of concern and care for her, which she did not listen to anyway.

“A fantastic performance! Eddie and Ekidedge are right on target with a perfect score!” cried Wanda’s voice from the television speakers.

The screen showed a young man dressed in a white shirt and brown cargo pants with a short Pokemon at his feet. His sierra, baseball hat was on backwards and his dark maroon hair flared from beneath it. The sunglasses he wore completely concealed his eyes. He was a bit of a fashion disaster and the Pokemon that had appealed was not in the elegant department either. Its body was round, low to the ground, and fat. Its short legs held up its girth in an almost strained sort of way. The mammalian Pokemon had a rat-like face that was elongated into a sharp nose. On the other end of its short, stout body was a long tail it moved like a whip. Its skin was a harvest yellow color with brown blotches. The most unique thing about the Pokemon, though, was the brown plate of spikes that covered its back and made it look more like a turtle than the hedgehog-like creature it really was.

“Ekidedge, the Echidna Pokemon,” May’s Pokedex announced. Drew turned around to see she had whipped it out as fast as Ash used to. “This Ground type Pokemon is the pre-evolved form of Panolin. This Pokemon spends its days buried underground where it searched for Nincada to eat.”

The backstage room began to fill with whispering. May and Drew turned to a few coordinators huddled into a circle. They chattered amongst themselves and their voices were worried and astounded.

“That’s one-minute Eddie.”

“Yeah, I heard he finishes opponents off within the first minute.”

“All the time?”

“Haven’t seen him take a battle into the second minute!”

“That’s unbelievable!”

“I’d hate to go up against him…”

May and Drew looked at each other. There was no doubt, with a perfect score, that Eddie would get into the second round and if he was as good as everyone was saying, either May or Drew would be pitted against him. May appeared worried and Drew sighed, thinking of things to say.

“They look like rookies,” Drew told her, looking away and at the screen. “They have reason to be scared, but you can probably take him, even with Hatling. You’ve done impossible things before…” He moved the hair out of him eyes.
    May smiled. It was times when Drew was being caring that she loved the most. She gave his arm a quick squeeze as thanks before turning back to the television screen to see if she even got to the second round.

“Okay, ladies and gents! It’s time to see who’s going onto the second round and who’s going home!” Wanda announced and the crowd reciprocated her enthusiasm with a loud bellow of cheers.

Turning around, Wanda looked at the large screen behind her onstage, and waited for the computer to make the final decisions based on the scores the judges had awarded each coordinator. Eddie’s picture came up first, naturally. His broad smile and mysterious expression, due to the sunglasses, of course, shook the backstage. After all, being defeated in a minute was not just embarrassing – it was degrading. Drew and then May popped up, their scores closest to Eddie’s perfect thirty. And then one more coordinator, a nerdy-looking boy with purple hair, was last.

“These are our final contestants for this contest!” Wanda told the crowd. “And now, we will decide who faces who. It’s a game of luck, people. Who will face who?”

Again, the computer decided and for the first round of appealing battle, May and Drew were pitted against each other. Drew snickered. It could have worked out worse for May.

“Well, that is…unless I kick your ***, first,” he said jokingly, adding on to his previous, uplifting words.

He received a light punch into the shoulder from May as she said, “Just had to ruin it, huh?”

Onstage felt like a war zone. It was true May and Drew had battled before and it was even truer that a battle between Hatlings had happened not too long ago. Of course, now the Hatling were more experienced and Drew’s Hatling had a new move up its sleeve. May bit her lip. Her chance to be in Orchida was on this battle. She had to win it, even if that meant beating Drew!

“Begin!” Wanda shouted.

The clock started down and May and Drew flung their Pokeballs to the stage. One after the other, the cute, little birds popped out of their Pokeballs. They fluffed their wings and shook their heads, causing the crowd to sigh in unison. It was true that the Hatling had their attention.

May began, stepping up to the plate first by calling out her move, “Water Sport!”

This was a good – and clever – move, May felt. She knew that Drew’s Hatling had the fire element down pat, and so using Water Sport would bring the effect of those moves down. Her Hatling sprayed water across the stage, making it shine as the lights from above reflected off its glassy surface. It was also slippery, and Drew’s Hatling was becoming uneasy. Drew did not take any notice to its feathered Pokemon’s fidgety movements, though, and called out his attack.

“Use Ember!”

The small bird obeyed. From a distance, it shot its fireworks of hot embers over to May’s side.

May did not skip a beat and retaliated. “Water Sport! Cloak yourself in the water!”

Water Sport’s effect was already on the field, and so the second Water Sport caused Drew’s attack to merely fizzle away. Drew lost points there.

“Now use Peck!” May said, in a daring tone, becoming confident with her obvious upper hand.

She was about to run right into No Man’s Land, and that’s what Drew grinned at. May’s Hatling went running, head first at Drew’s Hatling, its beak sharp and ready to stab its opponent. Drew stood until just the right moment and then called out his attack.

“Use Ember!”

Drew knew very well that the effect of two Water Sports were in play, but that was negligible. A shot at close range would damage May’s points, at least, for her having made a grave mistake.
    However, Drew’s Hatling did not move. Whether it was frozen in fear or what, Drew could not figure out. May’s Hatling hit its mark and Drew’s points suffered even more, while May’s were left intact. Drew’s Hatling was now in the air, and he decided to use that to his advantage.

“Snap out of it! Use Peck! Use your speed to your advantage!” Drew called out.

Drew’s Hatling turned itself around in midair, and attempted a Peck. Its beak became sharp and it came down like a dive bomb towards May’s Hatling.

“Use Water Sport to shield yourself!” May called out.

Twirling like a ballerina, May’s Hatling let out its Water Sport, and caught Drew’s Hatling in the waves, easily changing the small bird’s course across the stage. However, it seemed to both combatants that Drew’s Hatling was barely trying to dodge the Water Sport, and accepted its crashing to the floor. The crowd was baffled and Drew hit his face in frustration. This had never happened during training. Hatling was always trying to find new ways to fight and survive in battle. It dodged circles around Roselia when training had been completed the other day. So, what was wrong now?
    Drew was inevitably defeated. May had lost minor points compared to Drew’s when the final scores were released. Drew grit his teeth. It’s true that he did not need the ribbon, but he had been hoping to give May more of a warm up than that. His performance was pitiful and he returned Hatling to its Pokeball frustrated.

Backstage, May ran up to Drew, fuming in her place, ready to slap him.

“You let me win? How could you do that?” she asked furiously.

Drew sighed, shaking his head. “That was not my intention at all! If you had been listening, I was shouting orders the whole time!”

“Well…maybe you told Hatling to go easy on me ‘cause I need this ribbon…” May challenged, glaring at him.

Drew glared back. “May. Please.”

“Then what’s going on with it?” May asked, still narrowing her eyes and still challenging him, demanding answers.

“I don’t know. But whatever it is…I don’t think I’ll be using Hatling for a while.”

May snapped out of her glare and looked at Drew with concern. “Why?”

“Because it failed me. It failed both of us. And I think it did that on purpose…though I can’t imagine why.”

“So you’re just going to ignore it?”

“No,” he answered, “I don’t know. Hatling was becoming a great Pokemon – I could see it when we were training. But now…I don’t know what happened.”

They sat down on the benches against the lockers. Drew held his Pokeball that sealed Hatling in front of him, staring at the device as opposed to May.

“So…Hatling’s failure made you feel stupid? After all, you were saying how much you were gonna kick my *** and everything.”

“No, it’s not that,” Drew answered, almost in a murmur, a voice filled with disappointment. “It’s just…you deserved a better fight than that. No one needs to let you win…you can win by using your own skill.”

May smiled. Drew could be sweet. With no signs of a back-stabbing comment, May wrapped her arms around him in a light, friendly hug. He had not seen that coming, but enjoyed it all the same as he felt her so close. Perhaps Hatling felt that it could not hurt its friend in battle. The Hatling were almost siblings, Drew supposed. Maybe his Hatling felt something for May’s…
    The moment was cut short by the awe and chatter of the other coordinators who had stuck around to watch the fights backstage. May let go of Drew, and the two of them walked up to the screen to see what was going on. Apparently Eddie had won his fight. He and Ekidedge stood in the spotlight, soaking up the glory and fame.

“Within the first minute, Eddie has managed to trounce his opponent. Why, it doesn’t seem like he’s broken a sweat at all!” Wanda gushed.

Eddie’s expression did not move from its sly demeanor and Ekidedge still swung its tail widely in triumph. They were the epidemy of cool and laid-back. They did, however, move back to the stage where they awaited their next victim, May, to arrive at the opposite end. The crowd still cheered, but it seemed as though Eddie and his Pokemon were ignoring them, concentrating on the battle that would soon commence.

“And, now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The final battle between the coordinators that have come out on top!” Wanda announced into her microphone with emphasis and emotion in each anxious word. “As I speak, May should be making her way to the stage to face Eddie. Who will come out on top? Who will be the victor?”

“A little dramatic, isn’t she?” Drew asked snidely to May backstage.

However, May had received the brunt of Wanda’s words and all but looked at her next match as a gladiator’s duel. Drew noticed this and stood close to her.

With a kind smile he reassured her, “You know as much as their clapping, the crowd wants to see a titan like Eddie fall. Break his record.”

“But how do you think he’s doing that?” May asked, challenging Drew’s words. “He must have incredible power. And why would the crowd want him to fall?”

“You’ll find out. But I have a hunch…a hint for you, if you will, on how to take him down. Be grateful.” Drew told her.

May looked up at him with earnest eyes. Yes! An idea! Something her frightened mind could not process at the moment.

“Just make the battle last longer than a minute. I think that Eddie makes his opponents lose within the first minute to make up for his Pokemon’s lack of stamina. I bet that heavy, little Pokemon gives everything it has within that first minute.”

May nodded. It was worth taking the shot, and as she thanked Drew for his calm wisdom, she bid him adieu and left for the main stage.

“Don’t tell me she’s scared,” Eddie muttered to himself.

To the crowd, May was taking her time and even Wanda had run out of things to say. Once May was on the stage, the crowd’s volume heightened once again, and the battle could commence. This was it, May thought. This was her last chance at Orchida, and as if her life counted on it, she would not let it slip by.

“Begin!” Wanda shouted and the clock started down.

May released Hatling, and the baby bird stretched its wings. Unlike Hatling’s calm entrance, Ekidedge immediately sprang to action, sprinting toward the bird like a mad wolf. Its mouth was agape, May could see, as if it were gasping for the air it needed; already out of breath.

“Dodge it!” May shouted.

Hatling waited for the last second and then jumped out of the way as Ekidedge lowered its head for a Headbutt. The hedgehog missed and Eddie lost minimal points.

“Tail Whip then Pin Missle!” Eddie called, and Ekidedge reacted without a thought.

It spun on its front paws and caught Hatling with its tail, whipping the bird across the stage. Then, arching its body, the hedgehog’s back began to glow white, and glimmering, white pins shot from it toward Hatling. As much as Hatling tried, it could not outrun Ekidedge’s machinegun-like Pin Missile, and so the bird was hit hard by the last bout of the attack. May lost more points than Eddie had for such a pitiful, cowardly display.

“Use Softboiled!” May thought quickly.

Hatling quickly created and absorbed a shimmering egg. Though its points were gone forever, at least the damage was gone. But, as Hatling regained some health, Ekidedge was at its feet again with another charging Headbutt.

This is ridiculous, May thought. At this rate, he’ll just rinse and repeat until we’re goners!

Hatling dodged Ekidedge’s attack once more, but could not outrun its mighty tail as it slammed into the bird’s face, sending it across the stage. Pin Missile was next, May observed as Ekidedge raised its bulky behind into the air.

“I have to think of something quick!” May scolded herself.

“Ekidedge. Use Rollout now, instead.” Eddie said from his side of the stage.

As told, Ekidedge started its Rollout, curling itself into a ball and spinning like an out-of-control wheel. Hatling dove out of the way as Ekidedge blindly rolled its way toward the bird.
    For a second, May looked away from the stage and up at the clock. One minute would pass in just a second. Somehow that gave her some confidence and she could see Eddie gritting his teeth.

“C’mon! Roll-tackle!” he said impatiently, knowing he had missed his personal, one-minute cutoff.

Ekidedge launched itself into the air. As a spinning spike-ball, the Pokemon was terrifying and May knew if Hatling was hit by it, that would be the end of the match. But as Ekidedge kept rising into the air, something about its harvest-yellow coloration made her think of gold and then of Hatling’s appeal where the bird launched three gold eggs into the air. And then May knew how she’d win the match.

“Hatling! Just like in our appeal! Spin while using Water Sport!” May called out to the chick.

Just like May, Hatling was willing to try anything for some damage, and so began to twirl while spraying a Water Sport. It was true that Water Sport was not an attacking move, but if they could just catch Ekidedge off guard with its weakness of Water, maybe then something could be done. However, Ekidedge’s velocity downward was to be considered. It seemed to come down like a comet, pulled in by the force of thousands of gravities. Drew was right. Ekidedge was heavy.

“Spin faster!” May tried, as did Hatling. The little bird was a blur as it twirled like a hyper ballerina, and its Water Sport became stronger. Like waves did its sprinkler waver until it no longer appeared to be a mere Water Sport anymore. No. Even the crowd could distinguish a new move had been learnt by the baby bird trying to save its life. Ekidedge landed in the water and seemed to drown in its tide.

“My! What do we have here?” Wanda said after much silence. “It looks like Hatling’s using Whirpool!”

“A new move…” May murmured.

Becoming confident in herself once more, May watched as Eddie’s points sank lower and lower as Ekidedge could not escape the whirlpool’s never-ending cycle. Hatling stopped just as May was close to getting the upper hand. With swirls in its eyes, Hatling groggily tip-toed about the stage in a dizzy daze. Exhausted as well, Ekidedge dropped to the floor like a sack of potatoes, breathing heavily, but getting to its feet like a wounded soldier. It glared at Hatling.
    Without instruction, Ekidedge rampaged toward Hatling. Though the bird was trying its best to get over its dizziness, it could not move for fear of falling down, May observed. And so, as Ekidedge stampeded for the kill, May called out her last move before the timer dropped to zero.

“Use Egg Bomb!” came her desperate attempt.

Hatling, with its last bit of energy, formed a white egg that it launched right into Ekidedge’s face. Unable to stop in time, the bulky hedgehog ran right into the explosion and was thrown backward, skidding across the floor, already knocked out. The buzzer rang, and May’s victory over the seemingly unbeatable team was clear.

“And that’s a wrap, folks!” Wanda announced. “It was a tough battle and a surprising one at that! Our winner for this contest is May and her wonderful Hatling!”

The crowd cheered as May gave them a bow. Hatling did not follow her lead, but it was clear the bird was happy with itself. Drew was right, May thought – the crowd wanted to see the unbeatable beaten. But for what? May wondered and then found her answer.

“I hear this is the last ribbon you need in order to qualify for the Festival in Orchida!” Wanda said as she approached May, ribbon in hand. “I congratulate you, and hope to see you do well at the Festival!”

“Thank you, so much!” May answered, joyously. Finally, she could get into Orchida with no worries.

It was late in the afternoon when May and Drew decided to leave the town. They had found that the city of Orchida was north of their current location and it would take some time to get there. They would need to travel through forests and the winding, Waterblu caves in order to reach it.
    The sky was getting dark; orange faded to dark blue slowly as the sun crept underneath its hilly horizon. Drew was silent as he allowed May to wonder in her own thoughts. Why does the crowd like to see the unbeatable beaten? Why does the underdog win the hearts of his spectators? Surprises, May answered to herself. The crowd loves surprises.
    It's short, isn't it? XD
    Next time! Lost in Waterblu Caves! The Watchful Eye of Mardeca!
    May and Drew decide to travel inside Waterblu Cave rather than scale the mountain. However, the maze inside may be a little more than they can handle when the start getting into tight situations! With the help of a Mardeca, May and Drew escape deadly pitfalls, Pokemon...and get split up in the process! See ya there!
    Last edited by Encyclopika; 27th March 2009 at 11:24 PM. Reason: wrong episode #

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

I really liked this chapter. Actually, I liked all the chapters. Since I read the first chapter, I had to read more. I couldn't stop! I have got to say that my favorite chapter, well one of them, is when Drew and May are rehearsing the dungeon scene for that movie that they were gonna be in.
    In this chapter, I got kind of confused about Drew's hatling, I mean if he did well during his training, then what made him act so weird in the contest? I liked this chapter a lot and I can't wait until the next chapter because I know it will be great like your previous ones!

Right - Drew's Hatling. You'll see in future episodes why it can't attack May's Hatling.

Thank you for reviewing!

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Is on Fanfiction.net.

I really liked this chapter! Could Drew's hatling actually have feelings for May's hatling?
    That would be good but akward at the same time.

CONTESTSHIPPING IS THE BEST!!!
    MAY & DREW FOREVER
    I'm a total Twilight Saga fan,too.
    Picture credit:
    Nishi06
    DeviantART
    Link: http://nishi06.deviantart.com/art/po...194?moodonly=1

I really liked both of the Hatlings' appeals. ^^ Both were creative and made for some nice visuals, especially Drew's Hatling's appeal. ^^

Speaking of Hatling, Drew's Hatling essentially throwing the match against May was an interesting surprise, I thought. ^^

Highlights:

“Hatling! Use Softboiled three times! Throw them into the air!”

Hatling bounced like a beach ball, and created three, egg-shaped balls of energy that sparkled like fireworks. One by one, the small bird threw them into the air where they hung for a few seconds, almost lighter than air, before descending back down.

“Now catch them with Water Sport!” May announced quickly, giving Hatling time to react. “Give it a spin!”

Hatling twirled as it released its Water Sport and the liquid elegantly caught the shining eggs. As Hatling spun like a top, the Water Sport became a whirlpool and the eggs that it juggled lit up the water, making it a golden color. When Hatling stopped, the water dissipated from the heat of the energy within the eggs.
    Nice use and combination of those two moves there. ^^

The crowd cheered at the performance and the three judges gave May a 27.7, despite the fact that Hatling was stumbling in a drunken manner after its spin.
    XD Cute! ^^

“Hatling! Build up Mud Sport!” Drew ordered.

The little bird kicked up a Mud Sport and spun, creating a mountain of mud. In an instant, it had successfully buried itself in mud and the crowd could no longer see it.

Intrigued, the MC said, “Oh my! What could Drew be planning to show us?”

“Now use Softboiled and then Ember!” Drew was confident with his plan and Hatling eagerly obeyed.

From the top of the mountain spouted five sparkling eggs. They hung in the air as the area below them began to heat up. In an instant, Hatling unleashed an explosive Ember. The bright orange embers collided with the golden eggs and created fireworks of giant proportions. Great sights and sounds could be witnessed as the energy inside the eggs exploded and rained sparks and missiles down onto the stage. It was both violent and beautiful; Drew and Hatling had created a makeshift volcano.
    Another great use and combination of moves--that was really cool. ^^
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Yay! A new episode! :3

May is so stubborn! But then again, so is Drew X3

May smiled. Drew could be sweet. With no signs of a back-stabbing comment, May wrapped her arms around him in a light, friendly hug. He had not seen that coming, but enjoyed it all the same as he felt her so close.
    Loved this; so cute ^^

Can't wait for the next one!
    By Me
    Slow Down And Look Around You, Throw Your To-Do List Away. The Clouds Look Like Sheep and Vice-Versa On A Do Nothing Day.

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast