Thread: Deoxys plotting nasty things.

Default Deoxys plotting nasty things.

Well I'm going to get straight to the point and say I play competitively online on well Pokemon Online an I'm a noob at ubers, and despite being good at OU ubers is something which I have been afraid with titans roaming around every corner but I felt now that deoxys has nasty plot it would be something which can hit so hard that even the titans are scared so without further ado here we are.

Deoxys (Deoxys-A) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Shadow Ball

This is the main man, or well alien. It's all very standard, up his already impressive speed and max out special attack. Focus sash ensures I get the nasty plot then proceed to sweep the opposing team. The only things that really bothers this pokemon is being paralyzed and priority users and well sleep but luckily there isn't a lot of paralyzing going on in ubers unless it comes from thunder. But anyway I have chosen HP Fighting over focus blast for the accuracy and my thinking was the power boost counter acts the low base power. Shadow ball provides decent coverage as well and pshyock is then STAB of choice.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse

Knowing that status was always going to be problem one way or another I have chosen this version of giritania, it was always my favourite pokemon looking so badass but anyway I need a switch in to extreme speed arceus along with terrakion but the main difference and that depending on moveset this pokemon can set up. However his main duty it set up in front of status pokemon such as ferrothron and then provide to sweep.

Lugia @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    - Whirlwind

With all the hard hitters running about I needed a pokemon which can take a hit. So in comes lugia. Well toxic is the only form of damage, roost and sub to stall out toxic and whirlwind to phaze and hopefully toxicing another pokemon. Not much to say really. Also being a bit of noob in the ubers metagame I'm not really to sure of the advantages and disadvantages of pressure and Multiscale so if anyone could advise that would be awesome.

Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion
    - Toxic Spikes

After looking up on the main website for leads particularly ones with stealth rocks I came across this variant of forretress. His main role is setup and rapid spin away any hazards. This helps the deoxys sweep a lot by damaging troublesome pokemon and also ensuring that deoxys focus sash remains intake.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake

I needed a decent pokemon to combat extreme killer arceus as its the most common threat and the most common pokemon which can take down deoxys, his main role is to take down arceus and if sleep clause has been activated, darkrai, all the moves are for max coverage although in all honesty I just select either one of his STABS

Arceus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Force
    - Earthquake

This is the e pokemon slot I'm sure about. After reading about what a monster he is I thought of using arceus however if their is another pokemon to help deoxys sweep then please say as that is the main focus point for this team. But anyways its all very standard fire of a sword dance then click extremespeed and the opposite coverage move when needed.

Few important notes.

I'm on IPad so I can't add pictures however if there is a way to add pictures please say.

I play on Pokemon Online simulater.

Also I'm new to ubers so please rate if you have any experience.
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Also looking for female dream world moxie heracross and a miltank message me I have many dream world pokemon

Another Ubers player :3

Btw I'm also going to get straight to the point lol.

On Terrakion, use Sleep Talk > Earthquake. This seems kinda weird, BUT TRUST ME. Darkrai is a very dangerous and major threat, and you dont want to have to sack any of your pokemon for it, so Sleep Talk is good for absorbing that status. With Earthquake gone, you can now 2HKO (AT LEAST) Darkrai with any move in your slot when you're asleep. That's all I have to say for now
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosez66 View Post
    Well I'm going to get straight to the point and say I play competitively online on well Pokemon Online an I'm a noob at ubers, and despite being good at OU ubers is something which I have been afraid with titans roaming around every corner but I felt now that deoxys has nasty plot it would be something which can hit so hard that even the titans are scared so without further ado here we are.

Deoxys (Deoxys-A) @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Shadow Ball

This is the main man, or well alien. It's all very standard, up his already impressive speed and max out special attack. Focus sash ensures I get the nasty plot then proceed to sweep the opposing team. The only things that really bothers this pokemon is being paralyzed and priority users and well sleep but luckily there isn't a lot of paralyzing going on in ubers unless it comes from thunder. But anyway I have chosen HP Fighting over focus blast for the accuracy and my thinking was the power boost counter acts the low base power. Shadow ball provides decent coverage as well and pshyock is then STAB of choice.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse

Knowing that status was always going to be problem one way or another I have chosen this version of giritania, it was always my favourite pokemon looking so badass but anyway I need a switch in to extreme speed arceus along with terrakion but the main difference and that depending on moveset this pokemon can set up. However his main duty it set up in front of status pokemon such as ferrothron and then provide to sweep.

Lugia @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - Substitute
    - Whirlwind

With all the hard hitters running about I needed a pokemon which can take a hit. So in comes lugia. Well toxic is the only form of damage, roost and sub to stall out toxic and whirlwind to phaze and hopefully toxicing another pokemon. Not much to say really. Also being a bit of noob in the ubers metagame I'm not really to sure of the advantages and disadvantages of pressure and Multiscale so if anyone could advise that would be awesome.

Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Atk
    Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion
    - Toxic Spikes

After looking up on the main website for leads particularly ones with stealth rocks I came across this variant of forretress. His main role is setup and rapid spin away any hazards. This helps the deoxys sweep a lot by damaging troublesome pokemon and also ensuring that deoxys focus sash remains intake.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - X-Scissor
    - Earthquake

I needed a decent pokemon to combat extreme killer arceus as its the most common threat and the most common pokemon which can take down deoxys, his main role is to take down arceus and if sleep clause has been activated, darkrai, all the moves are for max coverage although in all honesty I just select either one of his STABS

Arceus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Force
    - Earthquake

This is the e pokemon slot I'm sure about. After reading about what a monster he is I thought of using arceus however if their is another pokemon to help deoxys sweep then please say as that is the main focus point for this team. But anyways its all very standard fire of a sword dance then click extremespeed and the opposite coverage move when needed.

Few important notes.

I'm on IPad so I can't add pictures however if there is a way to add pictures please say.

I play on Pokemon Online simulater.

Also I'm new to ubers so please rate if you have any experience.
    One query for me is shadow force on arceus. Yes it is a good move, but it can give opposing pokemon an easy switch. Other arceus can come in freely(as i have done a few times), so I suggest shadow claw>shadow force. Also, give that lugia multiscale. It is far too of a good ability to miss. It is really useful to stop possible OHKOs.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    One query for me is shadow force on arceus. Yes it is a good move, but it can give opposing pokemon an easy switch. Other arceus can come in freely(as i have done a few times), so I suggest shadow claw>shadow force. Also, give that lugia multiscale. It is far too of a good ability to miss. It is really useful to stop possible OHKOs.
    I have to disagree with this even though yes, Shadow Claw is more reliable, but it fails to OHKO Physically Defensive Giratina-O (one of the best checks to arceus normal) while Shadow Force easily kills the thing.

But yeah, LUGIA NEEDS MULTISCALE.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    I have to disagree with this even though yes, Shadow Claw is more reliable, but it fails to OHKO Physically Defensive Giratina-O (one of the best checks to arceus normal) while Shadow Force easily kills the thing.

But yeah, LUGIA NEEDS MULTISCALE.
    Giratina-O (physically defencive) can be OHKOed by deoxys' +2 shadow ball after rocks damage. specially defencive is dead to the +2 shadowball too.

+2 Shadow Claw: 58.73 - 69.64%

To Max HP/Def Giratina-O There is no way that thing is OHKOing it meaning it can come in after a kill and Burn it. Regular Giratina also needs Shadow Force to guarantee a OHKO after SR damage.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow de Viridian Grove View Post
    +2 Shadow Claw: 58.73 - 69.64%

To Max HP/Def Giratina-O There is no way that thing is OHKOing it meaning it can come in after a kill and Burn it. Regular Giratina also needs Shadow Force to guarantee a OHKO after SR damage.
    Sparkbeat was talking about Deoxys being able to KO it with Shadow Ball, not how Giratina can KO with Shadow Claw, his argument was basically saying that he doesn't need Giratina to be able to KO as +2 Deoxys easily beats it
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Giratina-O (physically defencive) can be OHKOed by deoxys' +2 shadow ball after rocks damage. specially defencive is dead to the +2 shadowball too.
    This is assuming a few things:
    1. Giratina does not has Shadow Sneak.
    2. No SR or Spikes
    either
    3. Something dies and Deo-A gets a free switch into Giratina-O
    or
    4. Giratina switches in on Deo-A

Considering Shadow Sneak was used on 82% of all Giratina-O, good luck. Scenereo two only really works if it doesn't have Shadow Sneak and I doubt Giratina would switch-in on Deo-A due to the threat of Ice Beam/Shadow Ball.

Hazards are less of an issue with Forretress, but you might be forced into a situation where he must come out early. Plus, Forretress seems more suicidal on this set.

Another reason to use Shadow Force is it has a 68% chance OHKO's Giratina after SR and one turn of Leftovers. Guaranteed with one layer of Spikes and SR.

I just don't see Deo-A eliminating Giratina at all (either forms). Shadow Force is a little more risky to run; however, if the opponent doesn't have a normal type, then you can easily use it until Giratina is eliminated. It prevents it from neutering you with Will-o-wisp and stopping a sweep cold every time. This gives you a chance to strike back and KO it. Terrakion can take on Arceus-Normal well enough.

Another thing about Shadow Force, as a note, is that a bulky/defensive variant of Arceus that resists Shadow Force can come in and Burn you.

I would try Sleep Talk>Earthquake on Terrakion since it can easily handle Darkrai, something Giratina can't without some boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miror View Post
    Sparkbeat was talking about Deoxys being able to KO it with Shadow Ball, not how Giratina can KO with Shadow Claw, his argument was basically saying that he doesn't need Giratina to be able to KO as +2 Deoxys easily beats it
    Sorry about that. I didn't read it correctly.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!