Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did humans in pokemon come from?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    Arceus created Pokemon, and Pokemon were the descendants of humans.
    This line did not make sense... if Arceus made Pokemon, then humans had to be the descendants of Pokemon, instead of Pokemon being the descendants of humans...

Though Arceus did not make all Pokemon... Mew made Arceus...

I have officially claimed Mew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blany View Post
    A Sinnoh Myth implies that humans and Pokemon had a common ancestor, so the humans in the Pokemon World are different from the humans in the real world.

There once were Pokémon that
    became very close to humans.
    There once were humans and Pokémon
    that ate together at the same table.
    It was a time when there existed no
    differences to distinguish the two.
    This is what I think too.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

A Sinnoh Myth implies that humans and Pokemon had a common ancestor, so the humans in the Pokemon World are different from the humans in the real world.

There once were Pokémon that
    became very close to humans.
    There once were humans and Pokémon
    that ate together at the same table.
    It was a time when there existed no
    differences to distinguish the two.
    Exactly. And if you look at how similar some Pokémon are to humans... (Gardevoir, machoke, etc.)

3DS FC: 5086 1695 2952

"Beauty will come in many forms.
    Some not always pretty."

Currently playing: Pkmn X, AC:NL, Azran legacies.
    Currently watching: Hanibane renmei, Fairy Tail, MLP S4, PKMN XY
    Current PKMN X team: Sylveon, Blaziken, Delphox, Charizard, Togetic, Lucario

Um... Arceus is not definitely god of Pokemon, it's just an in universe myth. Also, if Arceus is the god of Pokemon, and he didn't create any others except from Giratina, Palkia and Dialga, that would mean that they are not Pokemon, because Mew is the common ancestor of all Pokemon, which is, all in all, paradoxical...

I think all comes from a single mysterious cell... that evolved into many different creatures, except if they are stated being created by other creatures/pokemon.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Though Arceus did not make all Pokemon... Mew made Arceus...
    Mew didn't "make" anything. According to the in-universe theory, all Pokémon descended from Mew. To say that Mew "created" Arceus would be like saying that we were "created" by the primates from which we descended.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Also, if Arceus is the god of Pokemon, and he didn't create any others except from Giratina, Palkia and Dialga, that would mean that they are not Pokemon, because Mew is the common ancestor of all Pokemon, which is, all in all, paradoxical...
    No, it wouldn't. Ignoring the fact that we're dealing with extremely light science-fiction and assuming that the scientists who believe Mew to be the common ancestor of Pokémon aren't wrong, all that would need to be said is that Arceus descended from Mew just like any other Pokémon. No "paradoxes," no contradictions; just a logical chain of events.

My personal theory, however, is that when Arceus came into being (or perhaps as a result of the Unown interacting with each other), a morphic field was generated that promoted the (seemingly-independent) evolution of more Pokémon. Furthermore, Arceus could reinforce the morphic field by creating more Pokémon like itself (i.e. the Spacetime and Lake Trios). This would explain how Mew could come about after Arceus and yet still be a Pokémon in genetic terms.
    Last edited by Endolise; 17th May 2013 at 3:54 AM.

Arceus made them. Remember Mespirit, Uxie and Azelf? Remember how their purpose was to give certain qualities to humans? That's my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I cannot imagine a theory for this, it is seriously. I could say that in the world of Pokemons there existed animals and they evolved into other animals, humans and Pokemons. The theory of Evolution.

No, this can't be true. What about legendaries and Pokemon that come from space? Also, what about Arceus?
    Pokemon that came from space were probably animals that were initially mutated by the radiation. They likely became intelligent over time and left earth (ie they actually did build a spaceship), and due to Einsteinistic reasons, arrived back on Earth thousands of years later. Bear in mind, the nuclear war itself likely happened at least ten thousand years ago (though likely more, based on archaeological discoveries). If it was less than ten thousand years ago, fallout would likely still exist in dangerous amounts, to the point where the people couldn't ignore it.

As for Legendary Pokemon, they were likely also mutated from other animals. Ho-Oh may have originally been an eagle, or a colorful bird (there are plenty of colorful species' of birds). And Zapdos might have been some sort of hawk. As for Arceus being the Pokemon that 'shaped the universe', that's probably just a belief that the people in the world now hold. I'm not saying that it isn't possibly based on some sort of fact (many people believe that a divine being did indeed create the universe). But in Arceus' case, he probably does have the power to create certain things, but it's pretty doubtful that he single-handedly created the universe. Remember that alot of people previously had the belief that other Legendary Pokemon may have been responsible for creation. For instance, people believed that Mew was the first Pokemon ever. If you don't believe the nuclear war theory, then there is still at least one irrefutable fact. Only one of these basic beliefs can possibly be true. Which means all of the others have to be wrong.

But the thing is, it's more likely that they are all wrong. After all, even the legends in Pokemon are frequently misinterpreted.

Most likely, people simply call them Legendary Pokemon and share legends, because they are equating them to words and things they know. It's like how in some theologies and mythologies, there will be descriptions of say, a 'mountain burning with fire', or a 'star falling from the heavens'. Those people didn't know what an asteroid or a volcano was. They were equating what they saw in those books and stories to things they knew in their time. It's the same with the humans in Pokemon. They don't know what nuclear weapons are, because they haven't been seen for thousands of years (or at the very least, they haven't been used in that long). So they had to come up with their own explanations for why things work the way they do, and how the world was created.

That's not to say it definitely didn't happen. It's possible that Arceus did indeed exist since before time began, and it is possible that he just didn't show himself until after the nuclear war. Arceus isn't always on Earth, so if he wasn't a direct result of the nuclear war, then he probably just wasn't there when it happened.
    Last edited by SBaby; 17th May 2013 at 6:22 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    My theory is Arceus created them. He created the pokemon first then created humans afterwards.
    pokemon = dinosours, but without extinction. Humans came later just like they did here. (IMO)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It's funny how this thread is mostly 75% speculation which has 0% backing in the games, anime or manga.

One idea I came up with upon looking at this thread is the idea from the chronicles of narnia on how the telmarines (humans) ended up in narnia. Basically a long time ago a tribe of humans went through a "dimensional tear" causing them to be transported to the pokemon world.
    1st shiny in silver lv 30
    2nd shiny in fire red
    3rd shiny in pokemon White

I have officially claimed Accelgor

It's funny how this thread is mostly 75% speculation which has 0% backing in the games, anime or manga.
    Hm... you are... correct!

Most of this thread consists of speculation... for the time being, I think that we should focus on Arceus, which means focusing on the Sinnoh Myths from the Games.

I have officially claimed Mew.

Speculation is predicting what's going to happen in the future of a franchise. This isn't speculation. It's simply posting theories and observations. As it is, the topic isn't about Arceus. It's about the humans in the Pokemon world.
    Last edited by SBaby; 19th May 2013 at 12:41 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Speculation is predicting what's going to happen in the future of a franchise. This isn't speculation. It's simply posting theories and observations. As it is, the topic isn't about Arceus. It's about the humans in the Pokemon world.
    Posting hypotheses about Arceus is what this thread is seemingly about now, and before that it was hypotheses about humans, it's speculation. There is literally no problem here that needs to be solved. I'm pretty sure Evolution is sorta confirmed in Pokemon anyway, judging on the amalgamation of facts to do with Mew and the fossil Pokemon that we've got.

Who knows...Arceus is god right? He probably created humans along side pokemon. Makes sense to me...i
    try not to think about it too much though, it IS a video game world after all.

Posting hypotheses about Arceus is what this thread is seemingly about now, and before that it was hypotheses about humans, it's speculation. There is literally no problem here that needs to be solved. I'm pretty sure Evolution is sorta confirmed in Pokemon anyway, judging on the amalgamation of facts to do with Mew and the fossil Pokemon that we've got.
    People like to use the word 'speculation' when they don't like a given topic. Any topic here could be considered speculation by that logic, even single questions. If you don't like it, don't post in it. This topic's not hurting anybody. It's just theories.

I think it's time for people on this site to lighten up a bit.
    Last edited by SBaby; 20th May 2013 at 9:06 PM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    Who knows...Arceus is god right? He probably created humans along side pokemon. Makes sense to me...i
    try not to think about it too much though, it IS a video game world after all.
    No, he isn't God. That's just a myth (actually, it's a horrendous misinterpretation of a myth; Arceus was only ever said to have created the universe, which doesn't necessarily make him a god, much less the equivalent to the Judeo-Christian God), and such a thing was never suggested at any point in any of the games. In fact, it was never even stated that he created all Pokémon. All he created were the Spacetime and Lake trios.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No, he isn't God. That's just a myth (actually, it's a horrendous misinterpretation of a myth; Arceus was only ever said to have created the universe, which doesn't necessarily make him a god, much less the equivalent to the Judeo-Christian God), and such a thing was never suggested at any point in any of the games. In fact, it was never even stated that he created all Pokémon. All he created were the Spacetime and Lake trios.
    I see what you mean, but considering that Arceus is said to have created the universe in the Pokemon world i'm going to classify him as a god.
    Like I said, i try not to get into complications about a video game world, it's kinda pointless to be honest.

I see what you mean, but considering that Arceus is said to have created the universe in the Pokemon world i'm going to classify him as a god.
    Like I said, i try not to get into complications about a video game world, it's kinda pointless to be honest.
    And that's exactly what causes such misconceptions; people ignore or pay no attention to the details that are obviously there for a reason. Like reading only the first and last page of each chapter in a book.

And that's exactly what causes such misconceptions; people ignore or pay no attention to the details that are obviously there for a reason. Like reading only the first and last page of each chapter in a book.
    And what exactly am I not paying attention to or "ignoring the details" of? What I'm going by is what it says in the Pokedex's of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Most of the descriptions about Arceus was that it
    either shaped the world or shaped the universe after being born from an egg in a void of nothing. To me that classifies it as being a god, i know it's a myth it's just what I want to go by... that's all there is to it, that's all i'm saying. So what's the problem?
    Last edited by idawnhikari; 20th May 2013 at 10:21 PM.

And what exactly am I not paying attention to or "ignoring the details" of? What I'm going by is what it says in the Pokedex's of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Most of the descriptions about Arceus was that it
    either shaped the world or shaped the universe after being born from an egg in a void of nothing. To me that classifies it as being a god, i know it's a myth it's just what I want to go by... that's all there is to it, that's all i'm saying. So what's the problem?
    Nobody really has to say it couldn't have. Remember that the nuclear war could just as easily have happened while Arceus was off the planet, or in another plane of existence doing something else. If that's the case, then Arceus could've still created the universe, millions of years before the nuclear war changed the regular animals into Pokemon. He just wasn't there when that particular event happened.

It also explains why places like South America are mentioned in the games. They're mentioned, because they did, and still do, exist.

Remember that while the nuclear war theory frequently gets shot down, it does provide the most plausible explanation for everything you see in the Pokemon world. It makes more sense than the conflicting legends that often contradict one another.
    Last edited by SBaby; 21st May 2013 at 4:42 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

- Bruce Lee

- Willie 'Jack' Degel

The Pokédex entries do not state that it is a god. In fact, the actual events in the games suggest the opposite. Cyrus assumed that Giratina was a literal embodiment of the Distortion World and that, if Giratina were captured or defeated, the Distortion World would collapse along with it. He was proven wrong, while Cynthia recognized that Giratina was not what Cyrus believed it to be. Furthermore, Cynthia goes on to state that in the past, people must have really believed Dialga and Palkia to be true, absolute rulers of space and time, which she says as if it isn't true. As a researcher of myths, she would be quite credible in such matters, just like historians in real life who can trace how a certain culture's beliefs about an animal or a phenomenon came to be deified despite the animal or phenomenon in question not really being a god or the work of one.

Humans came from arceus, He created the first man and woman from mud.

The Pokédex entries do not state that it is a god. In fact, the actual events in the games suggest the opposite. Cyrus assumed that Giratina was a literal embodiment of the Distortion World and that, if Giratina were captured or defeated, the Distortion World would collapse along with it. He was proven wrong, while Cynthia recognized that Giratina was not what Cyrus believed it to be. Furthermore, Cynthia goes on to state that in the past, people must have really believed Dialga and Palkia to be true, absolute rulers of space and time, which she says as if it isn't true. As a researcher of myths, she would be quite credible in such matters, just like historians in real life who can trace how a certain culture's beliefs about an animal or a phenomenon came to be deified despite the animal or phenomenon in question not really being a god or the work of one.
    OK, thank you for explaining it to me and I apologize if I came off a bit hostile. I guess I just enjoy thinking of these legendary pokemon such as Arceus like gods. It makes them appear more
    powerful and mysterious in my eyes plus the mythology behind them I find very cool.

I think Humans are around from the 1st generations like the same as non pokemon animals where around... if anything pokemon are the anomaly however as the generations went on they ended up just phasing out regular animals... however kept humans as they had a role in the story.

another theory is that humans are pokemon that just forgot how to fight like pokemon.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast