Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did humans in pokemon come from?

I think humans and pokemon were once one being but split apart and that is why the bond of coming back together with pokemon is so vital and the main focus throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Maybe humans are the descendants of Primeape?

If they were, that might possibly mean that they came from Mew, like all the other Pokemon.
    Ambipom would be cooler :P

...just made me think of the war that is shown in the Lucario movie (I think) where people are fighting each other and making pokemon fight each other too.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I just wrote up a sort-of history of the pokemon world, and in mine, a small group of pokemon in what is now the Sinnoh region were seen as special by the Lake Trio, so they gave them more advanced Knowledge, Willpower, and Emotion at the cost of the powers that made them pokemon, and thus the first humans (or at least an ancestor of humanity) were born. Not official or anything, just an idea I had, since that place seems to be the origin of everything according to the in-game canon and whatnot.

Arceus is the great creator. Everything and everyone is from him.

Quote Originally Posted by adammicklem View Post
    Arceus is the great creator. Everything and everyone is from him.
    No it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No it isn't.
    Then, the humans in the animé, does come from a Primeape? I mean... We came from a monkey. Nothing more naturally than humans, in the pokemon world, to come from a Primeape.

Well really, the same questions that happens in this world, applies to the pokemon world and the same affirmations (or facts) are included. Arceus created the world; and humans digivolved from Primeapes, and Mankeys are digivolved amoebas that'll later will evolve on Primeape and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Then, the humans in the animé, does come from a Primeape? I mean... We came from a monkey. Nothing more naturally than humans, in the pokemon world, to come from a Primeape.
    And Primeape is descended from Mew, which would be the more logical conclusion. Of course, this is assuming that humans even evolved on the Pokémon world specifically and didn't just come from another one entirely, or that humans and Pokémon even share a common ancestor.

Well really, the same questions that happens in this world, applies to the pokemon world and the same affirmations (or facts) are included. Arceus created the world; and humans digivolved from Primeapes, and Mankeys are digivolved amoebas that'll later will evolve on Primeape and so on.
    Arceus is said to have created the world. It was never proven to have actually done so.

As for the rest of your statement, I think you mean "evolved," not "digivolved." And no, Mankey would not be "digivolved amoebas" or some such nonsense. They are Pokémon, and we know that all Pokémon have the ability to undergo a metamorphic process (erroneously) known as "evolution." Real evolution is different from what a Mankey turning into a Primeape is.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise
    And Primeape is descended from Mew, which would be the more logical conclusion. Of course, this is assuming that humans even evolved on the Pokémon world specifically and didn't just come from another one entirely, or that humans and Pokémon even share a common ancestor.
    Indeed. I have the same thoughts. Mew can also transform in humans, right? But how could Mew "gave life"? Perhaps, everyone have come from a Ditto? Ditto can be a "DNA cell" produced by Mew that later evolved on what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise
    Arceus is said to have created the world. It was never proven to have actually done so.
    As for the rest of your statement, I think you mean "evolved," not "digivolved."
    This was just some sort of a joke. And yes: Arceus is some sort of belief. There's no proof that Arceus created the Pokemon World or gave birth to life; such as there's no proof that God created us and all that we know.

And no, Mankey would not be "digivolved amoebas" or some such nonsense.
    You know what i meant. Two genes altogether create a totally new live being. Otherwise, we wouldn't exist. So it's not "nonsense" to imagine that Mankeys came'd from a 'bacteria' and so, they later evolved on what we are. Sure, "amoeba" is a horrid word that I used, 'cause i keep forgetting the damn "bacterias"... My bad.

They are Pokémon, and we know that all Pokémon have the ability to undergo a metamorphic process (erroneously) known as "evolution." Real evolution is different from what a Mankey turning into a Primeape is.
    Explain to me what you classify as "life evolution"? A Mankey turning into a Primeape is nothing more than I becoming an "adult". At least I see like that. They don't clarified that too, as well. Is that what you meant, though?

It seems a lot of people in this thread are making the point that Arceus is said to have created the world, along with Dialga said to control time and Palkia said to control space. My question is, haven't these legends about legandaries always been accepted as true before? Let's see:

-Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon. Shown by being able to transform into any Pokemon.
    -Groudon and Kyogre having a gigantic fight in the past. Shown by it happening again in Emerald.

So, just as we always have, assuming that the legends are true in the Pokemon games, Arceus did shape the universe. The legend is that it emerged as an egg in a void of nothingness. If Arceus created the universe of Pokemon, wouldn't that make it the god of said universe? Then, the question remains...how is it possible for Arceus to have Mew's ancestral DNA?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

The Pokemon series supports the theory of evolution so my guess is that humans once were a species of Pokemon that gradually evolved into Modern day people. Their evolution was the opposite whereas they lost their nature abilities and learned how to say more than their name and develop languages that aren't just a bunch of grunts and screams lol

Arceus created the world, Mew was created at some point and its DNA was separated into the 800+ Pokemon we know today and one of those species evolved into humans.

Indeed. I have the same thoughts. Mew can also transform in humans, right? But how could Mew "gave life"? Perhaps, everyone have come from a Ditto? Ditto can be a "DNA cell" produced by Mew that later evolved on what we know.
    I'm not sure. If Mew can take the shape of humans, then I would say that a strong case could be made for humans having descended from it. If not, then there was probably another fact in the emergence of humans.

You know what i meant. Two genes altogether create a totally new live being. Otherwise, we wouldn't exist. So it's not "nonsense" to imagine that Mankeys came'd from a 'bacteria' and so, they later evolved on what we are. Sure, "amoeba" is a horrid word that I used, 'cause i keep forgetting the damn "bacterias"... My bad.
    It seems I may have misunderstood what you were saying here. They way it was worded, I got the impression that you were equating Mankey themselves to bacteria/amoebas, which obviously isn't the case, but they way you put it now makes it sound like you're saying Mankey could have evolved from a more basic life-form, which is plausible.

Explain to me what you classify as "life evolution"? A Mankey turning into a Primeape is nothing more than I becoming an "adult". At least I see like that. They don't clarified that too, as well. Is that what you meant, though?
    Pokémon evolution is more like metamorphosis. I wouldn't say that it can be equated to growing up, because it happens spontaneously and is coupled with a burst of energy as stated in Platinum. Neither of those factors apply to one's life cycle from child to adult.

What I meant by "real" evolution was the "survival of the fittest"-style passing on of favorable genes in order to adapt to an environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    It seems a lot of people in this thread are making the point that Arceus is said to have created the world, along with Dialga said to control time and Palkia said to control space. My question is, haven't these legends about legandaries always been accepted as true before? Let's see:
    Not by everyone. I know I said in a previous post that Primeape descended from Mankey, but I meant that hypothetically. I tend to go by what the story says, and the story has always cast some degree of uncertainty on the legends surrounding Legendary Pokémon, and has even had an in-universe expert (Cynthia) suggest that the myths are just exaggerated retellings of smaller-scale events and circumstances.

-Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon. Shown by being able to transform into any Pokemon.
    That doesn't actually prove anything, especially since Ditto can do the same thing.

-Groudon and Kyogre having a gigantic fight in the past. Shown by it happening again in Emerald.
    Just because it happens in the present doesn't necessarily mean it had to have happened in the past. Now, that being said, there's kind of a big difference between saying "these two things came into conflict once before" and "this thing is the god and creator of all things because the stories say it is."

If Arceus created the universe of Pokemon, wouldn't that make it the god of said universe?
    No, that would make it the creator of the universe. Not the god of it. Creating a universe doesn't automatically mean that you are a divine entity. It just means that you have the capacity and ability to create things from nothing (and it is implied that Arceus can only do that with assistance from the Unown). You could still very well be a completely physical and mortal being.

Then, the question remains...how is it possible for Arceus to have Mew's ancestral DNA?
    Either a) Mew came first and the myths about Arceus are just exaggerated, or b) Mew doesn't really contain the DNA of all Pokémon. You'll note that, just as Arceus is only said to have created the universe in myths, Mew is only said to have the DNA of all Pokémon "according to scientists" in the Pokédex. They could very well be wrong, especially since I doubt there were scientists who managed to access the respective dimensions of Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus in order to obtain a DNA sample to compare to Mew's.

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog
    It seems a lot of people in this thread are making the point that Arceus is said to have created the world, along with Dialga said to control time and Palkia said to control space. My question is, haven't these legends about legandaries always been accepted as true before?
    So is all the bible stories; people tend to believe that a entity have created everything we know, and this was always accepted as universal true.

So, just as we always have, assuming that the legends are true in the Pokemon games, Arceus did shape the universe.
    "Mithology" isn't considered true. It's only a legend tell'd by people. It's up to you to believe it or not. "Legendary pokemon" come from mithologies, they're like Athena, Hades, Zeus and such. A lot of people said, in their respective times, that they existed and controlled everything. Such as Europa being Zeus child and how Hades had a "world of death", and Chronos being the God of time and having all the power to controlling it.

Then, the question remains...how is it possible for Arceus to have Mew's ancestral DNA?
    Indeed. That's a crucial point in my argument, since Mew's actually a legend too. That was confusing! Nice argument, really.

The same way humans came into the real world. Evolution or God. I'm sure you guys have seen enough religion arguments tho.
    "If you're not going to lie, at least tell the truth."

I feel as though humans evolved from certain prehistoric Pokémon partly because of natural selection. I'm not saying that Arceus created both people and Pokémon, i think that he just created the world and put Pokémon on it. Then the whole Mew theory comes in... So i think it goes like this: Arceus created the world. Mew created the rest of the Pokémon. Then evolution took it's course which created the humans now. (How Mew -or- Arceus was born is beyond my knowledge, however.)

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan evo's
    duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Nightshade View Post
    I feel as though humans evolved from certain prehistoric Pokémon partly because of natural selection. I'm not saying that Arceus created both people and Pokémon, i think that he just created the world and put Pokémon on it. Then the whole Mew theory comes in... So i think it goes like this: Arceus created the world. Mew created the rest of the Pokémon. Then evolution took it's course which created the humans now. (How Mew -or- Arceus was born is beyond my knowledge, however.)
    The problem there is that Mew was never so much as implied to have the ability to create things like Arceus is said to be able to. It could have given birth to the next part of the chain, but it certainly didn't create it. Evolution and natural selection probably would have started with Mew.

My theory is that Pokemon branched off at one point to more humanoid-looking beings. Don't really have anything more specific than that, though. :P
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Its possibly near impossible to answer, although I believe the humans of the 'Pokeverse' are an offshoot of some now-long forgotten pokemon. The only leads one would have would be from the Tales of Sinnoh and a few set of entries that are found about Mew in the Cinnabar Mansion in Red/Blue. As I don't deal with the manga I cannot add anything else
    *signature coming soon...*

Kor'vodisth - Flame Of Courage

Fave Starters: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar and Oshawott
    Fave Pokemon: Ninetales
    Fave X/Y Starter: Fennekin

Known as Crimson Arcanine on Pokecommunity Forum
    Known as SoulflameNinetales on the Pokemasters forum

professor rowan and the canalave mythology books state that pokemon and humans may have once been very similar, but evolved and gained differences.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Interesting conspiracy
    I don't agree with just one theory, but it's interesting and I agree it is a mystery

Lol this is just a religious debate disguised as a pokemon debate.

To add my two cents if humans came by evolution, as suggested by some people, wouldnt that change the whole definition of natural selection. Ya know, how the strongest live and the weak die off. What pokemon would evolve to lose all its powers and abilities in exchange for...well nothing. There isnt anything a human could do to protect itself through the millenniums. So how did they survive for so long?
    Last edited by IAintObeezy; 8th June 2013 at 1:16 AM.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Talking about Mew.. wasn't Mew created when they only planned to do two games/regions of pokemon, so Arceus cannot really come into the Mew being the ancestor of all pokemon thing... so maybe Mew is only the Ancestor of first and/or second region pokemon..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by AWildMew View Post
    A Sinnoh Myth implies that humans and Pokemon had a common ancestor, so the humans in the Pokemon World are different from the humans in the real world.

There once were Pokémon that
    became very close to humans.
    There once were humans and Pokémon
    that ate together at the same table.
    It was a time when there existed no
    differences to distinguish the two.
    Correct. Also I think in one it states that humans somehow evolved from pokemon. It sorta makes sense since pokemon evolve. Also I think it said in one(Judging by what the Jwitt said about it when I watched his video about these Pokemon myth things) that humans sometimes even MARRY pokemon! Weird right?

Then again Arceus probably created humans after a while from all the pokemon helping with stuff (Mesprit Uxie and Azelf with the emotions and what not and so on) or Mew, or as some people like to say Ansester Pokemon made them?

..so Jynx/Mr Mime are evolutions into a human gone wrong?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast