Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you hope happens with Axew before the series ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I mean his recent loss against Vanillite left a bitter taste in my mouth
    He lost to an ice beam, a move he's super weak against. I know he would've lasted long if it weren't for that move.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    He lost to an ice beam, a move he's super weak against. I know he would've lasted long if it weren't for that move.
    But this time Ciccone may be right when Dratini and Gible were mentioned. Dragon-types are also weak to Dragon-type moves. If that's the excuse then he'll never get better especially when battling bigger dragon-types.

I'm hoping he starts to act less childish and show some maturation. That's about it, because in reality, he won't get any good battles and doesn't need powerful moves.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    But this time Ciccone may be right when Dratini and Gible were mentioned. Dragon-types are also weak to Dragon-type moves. If that's the excuse then he'll never get better especially when battling bigger dragon-types.
    Axew would have an advantage too and I could easily see him beating one of those Dragons regardless, he wasn't gonna beat Vanillite simply because the whole tournament was a plot device for Cilan's detective shenanigans. Give him a serious battle and judge his worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Axew would have an advantage too and I could easily see him beating one of those Dragons regardless, he wasn't gonna beat Vanillite simply because the whole tournament was a plot device for Cilan's detective shenanigans. Give him a serious battle and judge his worth.
    Agreed. Kibago didnt get a fair shake it was frozen and fainted and it didnt use Giga impact or Outrage. A straight victim of plot device.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I hope he evolves into Fraxure in Iris' last episode. She'll probably become the Opelucid gym leader after that.

Only thing I hope for it is evolution, nothing less.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Evolution.
    I could swear that's it dream but the anime as usual...
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

It's probably never going to evolve. Piplup never evolve, Pikachu never evolved. Though Iris should evolve Axew, I like Axew as annoying as that one can get but I just want it to evolve even though it probably won't. Oh well. Well Cilin's pansage didnt evolve in the anime (I think at least!) Maybe Axew would be like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Agreed. Kibago didnt get a fair shake it was frozen and fainted and it didnt use Giga impact or Outrage. A straight victim of plot device.
    It's kind of awkward because some of his wins are plot devices (vs Luke). So I guess it's.... payback?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    How is Axew using a move it can legitimately learn broken?
    um.....giga impact can only be learned by fully evolved pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by fubufubu View Post
    um.....giga impact can only be learned by fully evolved pokemon!
    you really should check your facts before making posts

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/610.shtml

also double checked on my black 2. Axew can learn giga impact.

One word to describe it: Evolves

I hope he doesn't evolve yet, maybe later when/if Iris makes a cameo in the next region she'll let him out and he will be a Fraxure.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It's kind of awkward because some of his wins are plot devices (vs Luke). So I guess it's.... payback?
    His only plot device win was Outrage, every other battle has been fair. Axew had a faulty special move in Focus Blast like Axew did with Dragon Rage and Scraggy has a recoil/recharge move in Hi Jump Kick like Axew does with Giga Impact. They both had the useless Normal move in Scratch/Headbutt, Scraggy has Leer and Axew's Outrage seems to have gotten retconned because dialogue from Cilan in the Cynthia debut episode implies Axew can no longer use Outrage anymore. I'm gonna take a wild guess it got replaced because it looks expensive to animate(More on level with the speed close combat scene between Infernape and Croagunk in the Darkrai movie.) and they might stick to the generic Giga Impact as a replacement as it's just a charging and tackling move. Though it still looked rather beautifully done when used against Garchomp, more so than Cinccino's.

I want it too evolve into Fraxure, or into Haxorus... that or i want Axew to become the god of all Axew.

It's wrong that the latter is more likely to happen.

Axew's Outrage seems to have gotten retconned because dialogue from Cilan in the Cynthia debut episode implies Axew can no longer use Outrage anymore.
    Cilan can be wrong you that right?

The reason why Axew learnt Outrage in this episode is more complex than that. To understand all of this, you should go to a Trainer Yusuf post in Bulbagarden in the thread "the writers do enough with Iris" in the page 25 (it isn't exact). (it's posted just before Cynthia, he thought that Iris wouldn'0t cartch Dragonite).

The main reason why Axew learnt Outrage is because an animator can't contribute the show anymore, that episode would be the last episode that he made and apparently the animator want to do something special before he leaves the show.

If you see, the episode 42 of Best Wishes (Club Battle/Don Battle Part 4) was animated by Takagawa. THis animator is considered the best animator of the Pokemon anime. But he only appears in very few episodes. He did 4 episodes in early BW, with the last of them being that episode. This is apparently the last episode done by him in Best Wishes. Probably because she want to show his animation, he did the animation of Axew attak to make it like a departure.

Because that, the episode was made that way. Take note that starting here, we are going into the episodes produced after the earthquake, who has less money to do them and etc. and an animator with Tamagawa can't eb uin the show because it's so expensive compared to other cheaper animators that use stocked footage.

The attack, to show off, can't be stocked in future episodes. And remember, that if a attack can't be stocked in Best Wishes, you won't be saying the attack many times. That attack can't be used.

Because the animation of Outrage is so expensive, the writers don't want to showcase it. And because it, Axew is only using Dragon Rage except two times that he uses Giga Impact. Cheaper attacks that can be stocked.

Note: although many of us dislike it, if yopu want the attack to play again and again, you have to use the same animation again, again, again, again, again, again.

I think one of the last few episodes Axew will evolve, simultaneously with Scraggy. Then later on when Iris has a cameo it will be revealed to have become a Haxorus.
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

I've given up on wanting Axew to evolve. It would seem a bit random if it were to do that now since it hasn't really been doing anything in a while. If it does than good, if not than I really don't care.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Cilan can be wrong you that right?
    Usually if the show points out something and treats it as such, it's canon. Cilan said Axew was out of moves to use against Garchomp, we can only assume he was implying that Axew only had Dragon Rage and Scratch.

Usually if the show points out something and treats it as such, it's canon. Cilan said Axew was out of moves to use against Garchomp, we can only assume he was implying that Axew only had Dragon Rage and Scratch.
    yea but it wouldn't be the first time the writers have made a mistake

For it to evolve. It wants to evolve and it is also Iris's task

24. Default

What do you hope happens with Ax-hue before the series ends?

Nothing. If it has been this long, at almost 90% of this saga finished, and his dream from episode 6 ignored and forgotten, then leave him unevolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    For it to evolve. It wants to evolve and it is also Iris's task
    Iris cannot force anything. He will evolve when he feels like it, if ever.

I only want him to have an episode focused on his friendship with Scraggy.
    That's all. I lost hope in Axew's fate and I can't say I want him to mature and grow up since Axew has been created that way and it would be a big change if that was happening. I like how Axew looks ridiculous and how people hate his way to act, but I do want him to have better skills and potential in battle. The evolution could end that problem, but that is over the unprobable. If Axew isn't evolving by the end of the Best Wishes! saga, then it will remain the cute, marketable and money-maker Pokémon he use to be and I don't have much problem with this. He will be gone by then and we'll be on another journey.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast