Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you hope happens with Axew before the series ends?

While, I'd like for it to evolve, I'd just hope it get a new (and useful) move. Also, to grow up a little bit. I'm getting tired of it acting like a unneeded plot device.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I hope it evolves and stops getting lost XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I hope Iris' Axew battle Ash's Scaggy for one last time

Evolve, win a battle, stop getting lost, train with scraggy,
    Anything other then yelling KIBA! From iris' hair
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Evolve for sure, maybe against clair? i also want to see it not get lost so much, it gets tiresome. hopefully, it will grow more by the end of this saga.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I was really thinking about Axew evolving this morning...

However, if it evolves, then Axew and Scraggy would not be evenly matched...
    I do not think that Scraggy will evolve, either, as it is somewhat more appealing than Scrafty...

Due to this, Axew might not evolve, after all...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Although I love axew as is and think he's adorable
    It wants to evolve
    So I'd live for ash and iris to have an intense battle
    Using scraggy and axew last
    Both simultaneously evolving
    Learning new moves and battling it out as fracxure and scrafty
    Fraxure winning in the end

This been one of the last episodes in unova
    That way it won't really matter if there evolutions are marketable or not

_____

But I can see axew staying as iris' cutey partner
    I have no problem with axew staying the way he is
    I actually really love axew as he is now
    I'd love to see a axew and scraggy episode
    Last edited by adamfitz; 17th May 2013 at 8:35 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The reason why Axew learnt Outrage in this episode is more complex than that. To understand all of this, you should go to a Trainer Yusuf post in Bulbagarden in the thread "the writers do enough with Iris" in the page 25 (it isn't exact). (it's posted just before Cynthia, he thought that Iris wouldn'0t cartch Dragonite).

The main reason why Axew learnt Outrage is because an animator can't contribute the show anymore, that episode would be the last episode that he made and apparently the animator want to do something special before he leaves the show.

If you see, the episode 42 of Best Wishes (Club Battle/Don Battle Part 4) was animated by Takagawa. THis animator is considered the best animator of the Pokemon anime. But he only appears in very few episodes. He did 4 episodes in early BW, with the last of them being that episode. This is apparently the last episode done by him in Best Wishes. Probably because she want to show his animation, he did the animation of Axew attak to make it like a departure.

Because that, the episode was made that way. Take note that starting here, we are going into the episodes produced after the earthquake, who has less money to do them and etc. and an animator with Tamagawa can't eb uin the show because it's so expensive compared to other cheaper animators that use stocked footage.

The attack, to show off, can't be stocked in future episodes. And remember, that if a attack can't be stocked in Best Wishes, you won't be saying the attack many times. That attack can't be used.

Because the animation of Outrage is so expensive, the writers don't want to showcase it. And because it, Axew is only using Dragon Rage except two times that he uses Giga Impact. Cheaper attacks that can be stocked.

Note: although many of us dislike it, if yopu want the attack to play again and again, you have to use the same animation again, again, again, again, again, again.
    Never knew that. Thanks for telling us this, it is really interesting.

At first I thought - "what's the problem to animate this attack? Only red eyes and red aura and that's it". But then I remembered that it punches all the time and then it gets confused, so it's very complicated. Well, too bad we won't see this move anymore (probably).
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

No it was a plot point and nothing else, he used Outrage out of desperation, Iris probably didn't want him to use it again so he hasn't, specially since he hasn't been in any desperate situation or atleat not like that one where he was about to lose but he wanted to win not just for him but for his trainer also.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The reason why Axew learnt Outrage in this episode is more complex than that. To understand all of this, you should go to a Trainer Yusuf post in Bulbagarden in the thread "the writers do enough with Iris" in the page 25 (it isn't exact). (it's posted just before Cynthia, he thought that Iris wouldn'0t cartch Dragonite).

The main reason why Axew learnt Outrage is because an animator can't contribute the show anymore, that episode would be the last episode that he made and apparently the animator want to do something special before he leaves the show.

If you see, the episode 42 of Best Wishes (Club Battle/Don Battle Part 4) was animated by Takagawa. THis animator is considered the best animator of the Pokemon anime. But he only appears in very few episodes. He did 4 episodes in early BW, with the last of them being that episode. This is apparently the last episode done by him in Best Wishes. Probably because she want to show his animation, he did the animation of Axew attak to make it like a departure.

Because that, the episode was made that way. Take note that starting here, we are going into the episodes produced after the earthquake, who has less money to do them and etc. and an animator with Tamagawa can't eb uin the show because it's so expensive compared to other cheaper animators that use stocked footage.

The attack, to show off, can't be stocked in future episodes. And remember, that if a attack can't be stocked in Best Wishes, you won't be saying the attack many times. That attack can't be used.

Because the animation of Outrage is so expensive, the writers don't want to showcase it. And because it, Axew is only using Dragon Rage except two times that he uses Giga Impact. Cheaper attacks that can be stocked.

Note: although many of us dislike it, if yopu want the attack to play again and again, you have to use the same animation again, again, again, again, again, again.
    Oh, that explains that then. Well maybe if they didn't waste so much money on useless episodes where Axew gets lost then maybe they'd have enough money for Outrage... Lol I'm just kidding

Evolve.
    So at least Iris's goal from the start isn't somewhat, ignored.

At least it gets called out by Ash on it's troublesome behavior. Of course it seems Iris won't be able to accept the truth.

Random : PokéRadar

Evolve into Fraxure before Ash returns to Kanto, and then into Haxorus during Iris's battle against Alder.
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

I say it evolves into Fraxure towards the very end, and into haxorus at Iris' (probable) cameo in XY.
    <no sig>

I'm guessing that Axew will be like Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Piplup, and there'll be a whole episode about Axew starting to evolve.. Blah, Iris is excited, (Like Dawn was) And is really stupid for not noticing the obvious signs of Axew NOT wanting to evolve. She'll get an ever stone or something, there'll be a big emotional moment, Axew and Iris will hug, and then she'll say something like this: "I want you to stay my Axew forever! We can get stronger, no matter what you are!"

"Just take a step back, and look at what you really want."
    (I want all my ships to be canon pls)

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    I'm guessing that Axew will be like Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Piplup, and there'll be a whole episode about Axew starting to evolve.. Blah, Iris is excited, (Like Dawn was) And is really stupid for not noticing the obvious signs of Axew NOT wanting to evolve. She'll get an ever stone or something, there'll be a big emotional moment, Axew and Iris will hug, and then she'll say something like this: "I want you to stay my Axew forever! We can get stronger, no matter what you are!"
    But Axew's dream WAS to evolve as seen in the Munna episode >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    But Axew's dream WAS to evolve as seen in the Munna episode >.<
    True, that was his dream. However, isn't a bit strange that his dream hasn't been reconnected or mentioned nevermore? I don't see him evolving, to be honest. At least not in BW.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    True, that was his dream. However, isn't a bit strange that his dream hasn't been reconnected or mentioned nevermore? I don't see him evolving, to be honest. At least not in BW.
    It isn't strange at all. He became a markettable mascot like Oshawott, so they won't make him evolve anymore, for no in-universe reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    I hope Axew evolves into Fraxure in the departure episode.
    That's what I think it's going to happen. Iris is supposed to go back to Opleucid City to take over the Gym so maybe Axew
    will evolve around the time she heads back. Which will probably be the last episode of BW2 Da.

Quote Originally Posted by idawnhikari View Post
    That's what I think it's going to happen. Iris is supposed to go back to Opleucid City to take over the Gym so maybe Axew
    will evolve around the time she heads back. Which will probably be the last episode of BW2 Da.
    But they are going to kanto, so how is iris going to go Right to opelucid?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But they are going to kanto, so how is iris going to go Right to opelucid?
    I'm talking about after they are finished with Kanto.

Gets hit by a bus and replaced it with a real dragon....like Garchomp!!

JK, Evolve the little freak!!

get's mauled by an arcues.

anyways i hope he evolves, although he is pretty cute..
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    It isn't strange at all. He became a markettable mascot like Oshawott, so they won't make him evolve anymore, for no in-universe reason at all.
    It's not a question of 'became marketable'. The writers wouldn't have picked him if they weren't certain if they couldn't turn him into a big moneymaking machine either way. Whatever has happened has been planned for in advance. It's Axew's silent dream, nobody really knows about it, so it's logical that he doesn't feel forced to evolve quickly, being the infant that it is.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast