Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Wishes DA! Trainer Battles

Default Best Wishes DA! Trainer Battles

I've been reading all of the speculation regarding DA and what it has to offer this late in the Best Wishes series.

We know that, although a lot of people feel some were done wrongly, Best Wishes was a very battle-heavy saga.

My question is do you guys think that we will be getting lots of trainer battles in DA?

So far we have had the Marine Cup which was too brief to legitimately count. Also, we can speculate that Ash and Iris will have a battle at some point due to the DA poster.

What are your guys' thoughts?

If this thread is unnecessary, please close it.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure

Bastion's Current Team:

There hasn't been any real trainer battles since the league. This is one of the reasons I don't like this series as a whole. It seems like the battles that used to be cool, the writers just stopped making them awesome like they used too.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    There hasn't been any real trainer battles since the league. This is one of the reasons I don't like this series as a whole. It seems like the battles that used to be cool, the writers just stopped making them awesome like they used too.
    And when they do finally have a battle, it is called off, like how N did with Charizard VS Dragonite, which was an exciting match for me up until N killed the match for me.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree 100%. I find myself watching battles from Sinnoh just to keep myself dedicated. The only battle of Best Wishes that I liked was Ash vs Skyla
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!

Bastion's Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post

So far we have had the Marine Cup which was too brief to legitimately count. Also, we can speculate that Ash and Iris will have a battle at some point due to the DA poster.
    It doesn't seem to be a battle honestly, just seems like it's going to just be a different varition to the Ash/Main girl aren't friends anymore episode..episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It doesn't seem to be a battle honestly, just seems like it's going to just be a different varition to the Ash/Main girl aren't friends anymore episode..episode.
    I seriously hope it is a battle. A 4 on 4 is just too much to hope for though....

Bastion's Current Team:

We migth get some random ones but it doesn't seem we will get many.

We got the marine cup now which was a side story, we will probably get Iris vs Clair, Satoshi vs Iris, Gible migth come back so he migth get to battle also, Oshawott is battling this week, we probably will get some Kanto episodes since we see the old officers and nurses in the opening and we migth get something once there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    We migth get some random ones but it doesn't seem we will get many.

We got the marine cup now which was a side story, we will probably get Iris vs Clair, Satoshi vs Iris, Gible migth come back so he migth get to battle also, Oshawott is battling this week, we probably will get some Kanto episodes since we see the old officers and nurses in the opening and we migth get something once there.
    Doubt it as with the Kanto flashbacks with Chamander, Nurse Joy of Kanto has been redesigned.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Doubt it as with the Kanto flashbacks with Chamander, Nurse Joy of Kanto has been redesigned.
    The old designs of Joy and Jenny have been shown in the DA! Opening.
    FEED

Quote Originally Posted by Rokroad View Post
    The old designs of Joy and Jenny have been shown in the DA! Opening.
    Yes but the Nurse Joy shown in the flash backs was redesigned. That has more weight than an opening that may have just been showing before-and-after shots.

Yes but the Nurse Joy shown in the flash backs was redesigned. That has more weight than an opening that may have just been showing before-and-after shots.
    I know. It was probably just the writers being lazy and stupid for using the new design in the Charmander flashback.
    FEED

I know. It was probably just the writers being lazy and stupid for using the new design in the Charmander flashback.
    What? In the Charizard episode?

No. It was the pre-BW Nurse Joy.

But the old one is in the opening, showing the diference between Isshu and Kanto and that they are going back to Kanto and we will see that version.

It was probably changed because they didn't decided it at that time or just an error basicly or else they wouldn't put the old one there, they are there for some reason, what possible explanation do you have for throwing random old nurse and officer?

Or they redesigned the old Nurse Joys.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    What? In the Charizard episode?

No. It was the pre-BW Nurse Joy.
    Watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    But the old one is in the opening, showing the diference between Isshu and Kanto and that they are going back to Kanto and we will see that version.

It was probably changed because they didn't decided it at that time or just an error basicly.
    Maybe but in the ending they had Misty in her old design and Brock with an Onix.

EDIT: As for trainer battles, I kinda hope they keep having tournaments on the ship even if they are short. At least it's something.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 13th May 2013 at 9:51 PM.

The endign is a nostalgic thing, the opening has both nurses/officers Taidow, its not something random... the opening isn't an hymn to old characters and nostalgy like the ending, its an opening about the arc.

No. Which is why Ash versus Iris better be glorious.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Watch it again.
    You first.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    You first.

Oh cool. Okay. I was mistaken. I don't know why my mind was so certain she was redesigned.

EDIT: It was Liza who I was thinking off. Her redesigned made her look more witchy. I should have checked first. My bad.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 13th May 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    No. Which is why Ash versus Iris better be glorious.
    If they battle, it looks like that episode is just going to be a straight up argument. Honestly, I think the only person Iris will be battling (unless something comes along and indicates otherwise) will be Clair. I think Cilan might be done battling, and as far as Ash goes...I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    If they battle, it looks like that episode is just going to be a straight up argument. Honestly, I think the only person Iris will be battling (unless something comes along and indicates otherwise) will be Clair. I think Cilan might be done battling, and as far as Ash goes...I dunno.
    I kinda mean after that episode, unless say Charizard and Dragonite or wtv pokemon they have, come out and starts taking their trainer said and the pokemon get into it also.

I think we'll get for sure:

-Iris VS. Clair
    -Butterfree VS. Rockets, welp or something.
    -Beeheeyem VS. something.
    -Zoroark VS. something
    -Oshawott takes on Dewott

-Ash VS. Iris would be amazing, imo. 4-on-4. Snivy VS. Emolga(Female battle, they also have had interactions), Dragonite VS. Charizard(These two guys are rivals.), Axew VS. Scraggy(They're brothers), and maybe Pikachu VS. Excadrill(Starter battle, ending in a tie.)

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I think we'll get for sure:

-Iris VS. Clair
    -Butterfree VS. Rockets, welp or something.
    -Beeheeyem VS. something.
    -Zoroark VS. something
    -Oshawott takes on Dewott

-Ash VS. Iris would be amazing, imo. 4-on-4. Snivy VS. Emolga(Female battle, they also have had interactions), Dragonite VS. Charizard(These two guys are rivals.), Axew VS. Scraggy(They're brothers), and maybe Pikachu VS. Excadrill(Starter battle, ending in a tie.)
    I desperately want this too! Although, Ash better win this time or I will be angry. Have Ash and Iris had a battle other than the Don Battle final that wasn't called off?

Bastion's Current Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    I desperately want this too! Although, Ash better win this time or I will be angry.
    That fight will probably end in a tie if it happens. I don't think the writers would want to put one character over the other in the final fight.
    Mostly because A, it would be Iris' final battle in BW (supposedly) and they wouldn't want her losing. And B, Ash usually ends each saga on a high and losing isn't a high.

Edit: But if it was a tie, who would be the final two pokemon that end the fight? Scraggy vs Axew, Charizard vs Dragonite, and Pikachu vs Excadrill are all good candidates. I love Snivy and Emolga but lets face it, their fight would not take priority over the three I mentioned.

Edit 2: I do know one thing, I nominate Oshawott for a loss and no wins in that fight. He's getting an episode dedicated to him so I think he'll live.
    Last edited by diakyu; 14th May 2013 at 4:42 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    That fight will probably end in a tie if it happens. I don't think the writers would want to put one character over the other in the final fight.
    Mostly because A, it would be Iris' final battle in BW (supposedly) and they wouldn't want her losing. And B, Ash usually ends each saga on a high and losing isn't a high.

Edit: But if it was a tie, who would be the final two pokemon that end the fight? Scraggy vs Axew, Charizard vs Dragonite, and Pikachu vs Excadrill are all good candidates. I love Snivy and Emolga but lets face it, their fight would not take priority over the three I mentioned.
    I would have to assume Pikachu vs Excadrill, starter v starter. Although, a very intense battle between Scraggy and Axew would be preferred. Lot's of symbolism.

Bastion's Current Team:

Yeah, Ash does usually end each of his final battles in a saga with Pikachu also.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast