Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X & Y's Effect on the Metagame

Personally, my personal guess that some of us think of light, maybe its from the fact that the teaching of christianity is implemented to us worldwide (being a dominant religion). So probably some of the fanbase want to add the Light versus Dark concept of Roman Catholic/ Cristianity religion.

Again, a probability. I mean, christianity/Roman catholic is weak in Japan. And Gamefreak's religion is Zen buddhism. So I may say that they find Yang/Ying concept as equal rather than opposing concepts to the dominant Heavenly Light versus Evil Dark from most of us. Maybe America Change the Japanese Evil to dark in case of Overprotective Soccer moms selling back the pokemon game they just bought for their kid (I mean they are everywhere in both east and western culture if I recall).

I understand it since my country is very heavy on roman Catholicism and Christianity.

Personally, Shin Megami Tensei handles our beloved Light against dark concept better.

Then again back to the discussion, Now I have a good reason to hate All of the Rotom formes even more thanks to Parabola charge if they got it.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Personally, my personal guess that some of us think of light, maybe its from the fact that the teaching of christianity is implemented to us worldwide (being a dominant religion). So probably some of the fanbase want to add the Light versus Dark concept of Roman Catholic/ Cristianity religion.Again, a probability. I mean, christianity/Roman catholic is weak in Japan. And Gamefreak's religion is Zen buddhism. So I may say that they find Yang/Ying concept as equal rather than opposing concepts to the dominant Heavenly Light versus Evil Dark from most of us. Maybe America Change the Japanese Evil to dark in case of Overprotective Soccer moms selling back the pokemon game they just bought for their kid (I mean they are everywhere in both east and western culture if I recall).I understand it since my country is very heavy on roman Catholicism and Christianity.Personally, Shin Megami Tensei handles our beloved Light against dark concept better.Then again back to the discussion, Now I have a good reason to hate All of the Rotom formes even more thanks to Parabola charge if they got it.
    That's a huge and frankly ignorant assumption to make. I'm far left-wing Atheist and I want a Light type.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    That's a huge and frankly ignorant assumption to make. I'm far left-wing Atheist and I want a Light type.
    Mine is merely a personal opinion. Subjective if you need assurance. I mean, the demand of fans wanting a light type just to have their own understanding of Light and dark is everywhere.

But this time, when I saw Fletchling this time, I got this gut feeling that it might do what Staraptor and Stoutland did in Kalos region. You know with Close combat and Sand Rush Respectively
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I heard that Fairy is resistant to Fire and Psychic, you might wanna add it there. But I bet that a lot of people will play the metagame. Think of it, with that new Electric move, I bet that they will set Electric types 100% of the time in their teams, so they could stun the opponents, drain their power with that Parabolic Charge, and pretty much sweep. There are already awesome Electric Pokémon out there like Electivire and Thundurus, and it would benefit the other Pokémon.

And yes the Parting Shot is good too.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Chill. He just gave a theory as to why some people (and he did say "some") might want a Light type. He didn't say or assume that all people who want a Light type are Christian / Roman Catholic.

I don't believe we need any new typings... it far to late for it imo. The current scale works perfectly as is. Only thing they really need to do is introduce a Pokemon that can counter Reshiram's perfect coverage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Where did all the light/fairy type weaknesses and resistances rumors come from?

I won't believe it unless I get proof. Because light has been explained thousand of times by why it isn't a direct counter to dark, and fairy type just sounds bad to me.

Also, I wonder if any new attack 'types' will be developed. Not the type of the attack, but if the uniqueness of it, or if they'll make 'counterpart' moves.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I don't believe we need any new typings... it far to late for it imo. The current scale works perfectly as is. Only thing they really need to do is introduce a Pokemon that can counter Reshiram's perfect coverage
    Technically, Heatran CAN counter Reshiram's coverage, but Turboblaze negates Flash Fire. As far as I know, it's not possible to resist DragonFire by typing alone, so unless we do get new types, Reshiram's coverage will go unresisted.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Technically, Heatran CAN counter Reshiram's coverage, but Turboblaze negates Flash Fire. As far as I know, it's not possible to resist DragonFire by typing alone, so unless we do get new types, Reshiram's coverage will go unresisted.
    That's why you introduce a new ability. Fairy "if real" still with be unable to tank Blue Flare from Reshiram unless it's something Blissey in disguise (I swear, if Blissey's type changes...)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

That's why you introduce a new ability. Fairy "if real" still with be unable to tank Blue Flare from Reshiram unless it's something Blissey in disguise (I swear, if Blissey's type changes...)
    Turboblaze would negate the Ability in that case...

Moving on, I guess Reshiram's lack of strong speed is it's crutch...

Fairy isn't really gonna help make the metagame better, Poison still will not get good use because of the numerous Psychic types that roam around and Terrakion, so basically all it's doing is buffing Steel types up even more then they needed to be. From the Pokemon Smash dialogue that got translated though, Slyveon was super effective against Ice, but weak to Poison, so either way it seems a new typing will unfortunately be made, but that from what Fairy is SE against, Ice was not listed as one of them

Moving on, I guess Reshiram's lack of strong speed is it's crutch...
    Which is why Flame Charge Reshiram is actually very, very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    While there might not be much information on X and Y right now, we have got a bit of information about two new interesting moves-

Parabolic charge- An electric type Giga Drain.This could mean that Bulky electric types like the Rotom forms now have a move that can help them recover HP! If it has a good distribution, Rotom-W is going to become much more annoying.

Eelektross says hello, it could run a set with 3 healing moves (drain punch, giga drain, and parabolic charge). Sounds pretty cool to me. Is it known to be special or physical?

Parting shot- This move is kind of like U-turn and Volt switch, but instead of damaging the opponent, it lowers their Attack and Special Attack! It could be used to switch to a setup sweeper, making pokemon like Cloyster much more dangerous.

This actually sounds pretty interesting to me, as defensive and offensive teams could both use this rather effectively. I guess we wi have to wait to see the distribution but I really like it

So what do you guys think?

EDIT: Updated with English names of the moves.

There's a lot of evidence pointing to a new 'fairy type' so I might as well post that too-

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, and super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting-type Pokemon.
    Comments in bold. As for the new type: I'm pretty meh towards the thought

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

immune to dragon? if people think having a steel type now is almost mandatory because of outrage spam, say hello to the new outrage absorber.

Bringing this topic back because of Fairy. Looks like we finally have a new way to handle Dragons. Also Gardevoir, Marill, and Jigglypuff gets the typing alongside. If Azumarill keeps Fairy and learns a decent physical Fairy STAB move, it can finally hit Jellicent. That Moon attack looks interesting too. Any thoughts on Fairy now its confirmed?

Watch Sylveon turn into some kind of Uber because of the fairy killing dragons typing.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/tahegy.png[/IMG]

The New Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Pookey-man View Post
    Watch Sylveon turn into some kind of Uber because of the fairy killing dragons typing.
    In that case, Weavile, Mamoswine, Kyurem, Froslass, etc etc should all be ubers for killing Dragons lolololol

tbh i can't say anything until we find out what are fairy's resistances and weaknesses
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    tbh i can't say anything until we find out what are fairy's resistances and weaknesses
    Yeah, it's a little tough to see what Fairy type will do without taking this into account. Though if it's as useful as the rumors say, it looks like some of the older Pokemon have a chance. I wonder if having Fairy as a secondary type will be enough to get Pokemon like Gardevoir out of NU. Though by the looks of it, many of the likely candidates of Fairy type will be Pokemon who are horrible otherwise, so I feel like this change might not be as absurd as some are making it out to be. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

As the poster above me pointed out, the current 'candidates' for Fairy type are either competitively unimpressive regardless, or will have their fates decided largely on more release data as we get it pertaining to Fairy type. I mean, I for one can see Chansey line being revamped to Normal/Fairy based on the current retyping (citing Jigglypuff), and if Fairy type is fairly impressive overall, that could be a reasonable contender for this 'mythic dragon counter' a lot of people seem to expect to rise from this new type. With the exception of that one example though, nothing 'game breaking' comes to mind, so it'll largely depend on the stats of any entirely new Fairy Pokemon we get, which I expect this Gen to be full off given this retype seems to be Nintendo's 'big thing' for their pilot mainstream 3DS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima_penguin_95 View Post
    As the poster above me pointed out, the current 'candidates' for Fairy type are either competitively unimpressive regardless, or will have their fates decided largely on more release data as we get it pertaining to Fairy type. I mean, I for one can see Chansey line being revamped to Normal/Fairy based on the current retyping (citing Jigglypuff), and if Fairy type is fairly impressive overall, that could be a reasonable contender for this 'mythic dragon counter' a lot of people seem to expect to rise from this new type. With the exception of that one example though, nothing 'game breaking' comes to mind, so it'll largely depend on the stats of any entirely new Fairy Pokemon we get, which I expect this Gen to be full off given this retype seems to be Nintendo's 'big thing' for their pilot mainstream 3DS game.
    At first when I saw the Fairy type I was worried when I saw Marill was going to be classified. Since that means its a good chance Azumarill will to. But since Fairy type has no weaknesses/resistences officially announced (According to Bulbapedia) I guess it is to soon to be worried. Maybe my #1 Pokemon will benifit from being reclassified but I just have this bad feeling that Fairy type will end up being a undesirable typing when the 6th gen metagame finishes working itself out . . . I mean sure it is super effective against Dragon but if it ends up being a terrible defensive type it isnt really better than Ice . . . in fact it would be worse since Ice is is effective coverage for more then just one type . . .
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I definitely don't think Fairies will change anything Dragon wise because honestly. All the Fairies so far suck competitively in OU when faced against a Dragon-type, Wigglytuff, Azumarill, Mawile and Gardevoir would get killed by bulky EV-invested MultiScale Dragonite after throwing out their futile attacks. It's nothing wrong, they just suck and are too slow or too weak and slow to actually do anything to OU Dragon monsters. The likes of Hydreigon, Flygon, Garchomp, Salamence and Haxorus will kill them before they even know it, Salamence runs Iron Head and would knock Wigglytuff into the dirt before it could do anything. Haxorus/Garchomp could easily exploit all of their mundane speed stats and end things quickly with Poison Jab. I'm not even touching Mawile, she would get beaten to death by the metagame's token move, Earthquake or get roasted by Flamethrower/Fire Blast from a Dragon anyway. It's really a speed showdown with Fairies, most Dragon-types are speedy Pokemon and have Dragon Dance in their arsenal and could likely more than survive a SE hit from a Fairy. All fairies so far are horribly slow or weak and slow Pokemon. Azumarill could get done in by a Dark Pulse or even a Charge Beam from Hydreigon before she does anything for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I definitely don't think Fairies will change anything Dragon wise because honestly. All the Fairies so far suck competitively in OU when faced against a Dragon-type, Wigglytuff, Azumarill, Mawile and Gardevoir would get killed by bulky EV-invested MultiScale Dragonite after throwing out their futile attacks. It's nothing wrong, they just suck and are too slow or too weak and slow to actually do anything to OU Dragon monsters. The likes of Hydreigon, Flygon, Garchomp, Salamence and Haxorus will kill them before they even know it, Salamence runs Iron Head and would knock Wigglytuff into the dirt before it could do anything. Haxorus/Garchomp could easily exploit all of their mundane speed stats and end things quickly with Poison Jab. I'm not even touching Mawile, she would get beaten to death by the metagame's token move, Earthquake or get roasted by Flamethrower/Fire Blast from a Dragon anyway. It's really a speed showdown with Fairies, most Dragon-types are speedy Pokemon and have Dragon Dance in their arsenal and could likely more than survive a SE hit from a Fairy. All fairies so far are horribly slow or weak and slow Pokemon. Azumarill could get done in by a Dark Pulse or even a Charge Beam from Hydreigon before she does anything for example.
    You need to also take to account that there will probably be new 6th gen Pokemon that are also Fairy type. Before that is confirmed as well as how useful those Pokemon may be (As well as any unconfirmed weaknesses/resistances new abilitys new attacks etc) it is to soon to say that the type wont have some impact. Sure most the older Pokemon confirmed to be reclassified were not great in the first place but you cant speak for any 6th gen Fairy Types especially since there may be more resistances/weaknesses unannounced

The only Pokemon who I can see being affected is Gardevoir, who may become a nice antimeta Dragon check, but probably won't actually rise above UU cause of its bad Speed stat.

However, if my suspicions are correct, a few of the BST 600 legendaries (specifically Celebi, Manaphy, and -maybe- Victini and Jirachi) might end up with Fairy typing replacing their Psychic typing. Imagine a Dragon-immune Celebi or Victini? I kind of like the sound of that. Celebi = new Heatran.

The only Pokemon who I can see being affected is Gardevoir, who may become a nice antimeta Dragon check, but probably won't actually rise above UU cause of its bad Speed stat.

However, if my suspicions are correct, a few of the BST 600 legendaries (specifically Celebi, Manaphy, and -maybe- Victini and Jirachi) might end up with Fairy typing replacing their Psychic typing. Imagine a Dragon-immune Celebi or Victini? I kind of like the sound of that. Celebi = new Heatran.
    I dont think GF would reclassify Pokemon who already have a secondary typing though..adding a secondary typing is one thing but changing one that already exists I dont think they will do. I also just feel like they would not change the typing of legendaries in the first place but that is just me ´ー`

I don't even think it'll get to UU. Flygon would waylay it with Crunch/Earthquake before anything happens.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast