Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: PokeGyms

Well im always ready for battle ...even tho most trainers i battle going missing after or run scared before i can even attack. i never understood why they run or why the go missing but my pokemon seem happy after the battle so i cant b mad

ps: some art work on here would help. would like to see this league more active
    ps2: Keep WiFi
    Come battle...IF u dare...But i promise i wont lose!!!
    FC: 4484-9009-1138
    GO Hard Fuc Home

stay with wifi
    Test your battles skills at "PokeGyms"

Gym record: W/7-L/1
    Gym record: W/0-L/0

My gyms are currently close.

Wi-fi record: W/18-L/2
    All time streak: 17 Current streak: 0

NEW Black 2 FC: 0090 3787 9986

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

My psychic gym will be closed for a few days since I'll be out on a camping trip.

Can I also be the poison gym leader?

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

double post sorry
    Last edited by HHG; 21st June 2013 at 7:13 AM.

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

Keep wifi please. Also people my gym is waiting. Ready to burn you alive. Challenge me if you dare.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Can we add rule where the gym challenger can only have 2 pkmn that resist the gym's type attacks and 2 pkmn that have super-effective moves against the gym's type.

I want challenge one of the gym leaders here, but i'm having problems with creating a fair team.

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

Quote Originally Posted by HHG View Post
    Can we add rule where the gym challenger can only have 2 pkmn that resist the gym's type attacks and 2 pkmn that have super-effective moves against the gym's type.

I want challenge one of the gym leaders here, but i'm having problems with creating a fair team.
    instead lets make this rule. this rule was originally by the legacy league season one and two owned by T.W.I and not the one own by ger. this rule is called no se stab and i like this because it gives fairness to leaders that have monotypes. No SE STAB against the leaders main type. an example would be an alakazam using hidden power (ground) on electric types on an electric type gym or ice beam on a dragon type gym.
    Last edited by Shadow Darkrai 101; 24th June 2013 at 5:09 AM.

I like it and do you have any view on pokemon that resist my electric attacks. I dont want to fight a team of ground types

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

I dont think that Rule will be helpfull, the goal of the league isn't to be full of rules and make gymleaders invinceable by it.
    I do admit that making an pure counter team for an certain gym is not allowed.

Besides even if your are for example an poison gym, there are many duel type poison pokemon that will cover Poison type weaknesses,
    such as Drapion who takes no effective from psychic attacks, or crobat who doesnt take ground hits, just be an little creative and you will cover up your weakness even if you have an mono-team. My point is, dont give to much rules to the way of battle for the challanger, in my case I just battle with the pokemons I like and maybe they work great against water idk, but I wont change my team by it, it will ruin the fun.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

The idea of a restriction on challenge teams is open for suggestion, but I think for now, I will enforce the rule from the original PokeGyms, being that a challenger much use the same team (roughly, some change may be made as a team improves) when battling all the gym leaders, that way a team must be spread out, and not focused on beating a single type, or else they will run into major problems at a later gym.

I do plan on making a decision over the weekend on who should be the co-owner(s) of PokeGyms, especially since the next upcomming week will be very busy for me. This will likely be declared tomorrow.
    My 3DS FC is 0216-0846-6549

We have returned!!! Come check us out!

How will that exactly work? Will they PM u their team and will i have to PM you the pkmn they used against my gym? To make sure they used their registered team.

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

well thats good. while we're on the topic of rules there was a resistant rule on Legacy League but I forgot so you might have to ask the old legacy league owner T.W.I. on that also my gym is opened for battles now if anybody wants to battle me.

EDIT: I'll sign up as a challenger too. I wanna test this certain pokemon on all gyms and see if it can massacre an entire team and no its not an uber.
    Last edited by Shadow Darkrai 101; 24th June 2013 at 5:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    I dont think that Rule will be helpfull, the goal of the league isn't to be full of rules and make gymleaders invinceable by it.
    I do admit that making an pure counter team for an certain gym is not allowed.

Besides even if your are for example an poison gym, there are many duel type poison pokemon that will cover Poison type weaknesses,
    such as Drapion who takes no effective from psychic attacks, or crobat who doesnt take ground hits, just be an little creative and you will cover up your weakness even if you have an mono-team. My point is, dont give to much rules to the way of battle for the challanger, in my case I just battle with the pokemons I like and maybe they work great against water idk, but I wont change my team by it, it will ruin the fun.
    You can register your team and now you can use the pokemon you like.

When battling are we going to use the flat single format against leaders who do singles. Does that mean we would only use 3 of the 6 pokemon we have? If so, can the gym leader use one of their gym type pokemon while the other two are the freebies? or the teams have to have majority of their gym type?
    Last edited by HHG; 24th June 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

You can register your team and now you can use the pokemon you like.

When battling are we going to use the flat single format against leaders who do singles. Does that mean we would only use 3 of the 6 pokemon we have? If so, can the gym leader use one of their gym type pokemon while the other two are the freebies? or the teams have to have majority of their gym type?
    When battling, you use all 6 of your Pokemon.
    My 3DS FC is 0216-0846-6549

We have returned!!! Come check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Puffle 754 View Post
    And, although I am open to debate, I would like to keep the league Wifi only, seeing as there are several Pokemon Sowdown/Online leagues out there, but not too much for the average Wifi player.
    Hiya! Old co-leader / leader / challenger of PokeGyms here, and I'd like to say a few things.

While I emulate the idea of keeping WiFi, there is no such thing as an "average Wifi player." Sadly, not many play WiFi because it takes a while to raise your team to what you want. However, my suggestion is that you open up a multi-simulator league. i.e. WiFi, PO, and PS!. If the challenger would like to battle on any one of these then the gym leader will have an easier time with everything, really. I know that simulators can be scary to navigate at first, but if you're willing to learn then it will be a very big asset to have. If any of you have trouble navigating PO/PS! then feel free to ask me, because I've worked with both extensively throughout my years of battling. You can PM/VM me at any time, and while my activity is not the best, I will make an effort to log on a bit more.

IN SHORT: Use WiFi, PO, and PS!.

Also, I'd like to challenge the league, especially if there is going to be more than one way to battle.

I stick with wifi for me

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post
    Hiya! Old co-leader / leader / challenger of PokeGyms here, and I'd like to say a few things.

While I emulate the idea of keeping WiFi, there is no such thing as an "average Wifi player." Sadly, not many play WiFi because it takes a while to raise your team to what you want. However, my suggestion is that you open up a multi-simulator league. i.e. WiFi, PO, and PS!. If the challenger would like to battle on any one of these then the gym leader will have an easier time with everything, really. I know that simulators can be scary to navigate at first, but if you're willing to learn then it will be a very big asset to have. If any of you have trouble navigating PO/PS! then feel free to ask me, because I've worked with both extensively throughout my years of battling. You can PM/VM me at any time, and while my activity is not the best, I will make an effort to log on a bit more.

Also, I'd like to challenge the league, especially if there is going to be more than one way to battle.
    Or stick with wifi. Sounds easier. Besides these technically arent competitive battles. You should play it like the real game. Which means spending that extra time to grind your pokes.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

is your dark team ready yet?

Gym badges:

"PokeGyms' Chat box"

Quote Originally Posted by DarumakkaImposter View Post

Puffle said it will be WIFI only, which is postive and makes this league unique from the others, besides you dont need FLAWLESS pokemon to win victory's.
    my poks aren't and I can win with it against competive players.

PO/SHo is fake, wifi is the real deal (Y). Wifi should be encouraged to play because thats just the game, po/sho is an emulator..

PS: when I was an full time artist here on serb I made some badges for people,
    feel free to use them for your gyms if any is appealing.

Symbols
        Spoiler:- Icons:
    Last edited by Azulart; 25th June 2013 at 2:39 PM.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

is your dark team ready yet?
    Juuust about. The tourneys over so i can now get my team prepared. All i need now is confirmation from puffle to be the leader.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

I'd like to take the role as the fighting gym leader please. My pokemon will consist of lucario, hitmonlee, heracross, primeape, scizor and kingdra. My badge will be the fisticuffs badge and my battle style will be 6-on-6 single.
    Last edited by EvanOH10; 19th July 2013 at 7:16 PM.
    White 2 FC: 0906 1962 8120

PokeGyms Badges: Glacier Badge; Fright Night Badge; Desert Badge; Sweet Treats Badge; Smog Badge

Ice Gym Record: Wins: 4 Losses: 2

3DS FC: 4725-8287-6038

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Pikachu, Electrode, Zebstrika

I guess i can demolish all of you right quick. Im challenging this league and any leader who's available right now. Not wasting any time =P

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 12 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    I guess i can demolish all of you right quick. Im challenging this league and any leader who's available right now. Not wasting any time =P
    when puffle changes my gym from close to open then you can challenge me.

I am ready. Challenge me zombieoverkiller12.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Page 3 of 226 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast