Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Predictions for Charizard for the rest of this arc?

At least we're getting Butterfree, thankfully for only one episode maybe. Not largely enthusiastic about Charizard just lying around in BW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I may be alone but I'm hating charizard for coming back
    I mean unfezant had very little development
    I'd rather have focus on other pokemon than one of ashes top notch ones
    You're not alone. I'm here for you. I admit, though, that I'm loving Charizard being useless. I'm so glad that it's generally not stealing screen-time. Seeing the legion of fans deciding he shouldn't have shown up is spectacular.

I predict reserves development to be uncommon.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    You're not alone. I'm here for you. I admit, though, that I'm loving Charizard being useless. I'm so glad that it's generally not stealing screen-time. Seeing the legion of fans deciding he shouldn't have shown up is spectacular.

I predict reserves development to be uncommon.
    i didn't like its' unnecessary appearance. it was just brought in and took the screen time from his current unova pokemon. i guess it will be involved in the clair episode, but i don't see the point in it being brought into the anime again.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

All I can predict about Charizard's future appearance is with Clair's. Maybe it will battle alongside Ash once again, and will then return back to the valley.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    That is exactly why I like the fact that he's being used as a normal Pokemon. Do you know how sick it gets to see comments in forums, youtube, etc. that always say "Ash should bring Charizard back" "If Ash used Charizard he would have won" "Charizard is the strongest of all of Ash's pokemon" even if the episode or video had nothing to do with Charizard. The only reason why Charizard is considered a legend is because it was brought only for specific fights. So having it being treated just like any other of Ash's pokemon is a nice breath of fresh air.
    I applause this. I was getting tired of those rants too. I mean they did that in these forums as well before Ash was about to go through the Unova league. Since the writers didn't want Ash to win the league anyway, who knew if Charizard would have lost just as well as Pikachu due to plot convince. I'm so glad they aren't making Charizard to be a God anymore than any of the other pokemon he has. So maybe we can get to another league without people yet again whining about it sweeping it.

My ideal battle ever!

I just want him to get away and leave a space for a Pokémon that really needs to be shown and used in Ash's team.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Charizard seems more like a normal pokemon now, but honestly, the act of bringing back charizard smells like 'heres Charizard so stop whining' or it's just for fanservice. Why bring he back when he is just going to take up one team space, do nothing in particular? What does he have that the current Unova members, underdeveloped, don't have?

IMO I hated how they brought him back and didn't bother to do anything with it, and just leave it there to rot in its Pokeball, and take up team space lol.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    IMO I hated how they brought him back and didn't bother to do anything with it, and just leave it there to rot in its Pokeball, and take up team space lol.
    He's not taking up team space for the simple reason that the only Pokémon of Ash's that we see these days are Pikachu and Oshawott. Things wouldn't be any better with Unfezant or anyone else replacing Charizard.

The problem isn't limited to Charizard. It's Pokémon handling in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    He's not taking up team space for the simple reason that the only Pokémon of Ash's that we see these days are Pikachu and Oshawott. Things wouldn't be any better with Unfezant or anyone else replacing Charizard.

The problem isn't limited to Charizard. It's Pokémon handling in general.
    True. I'm just unsatisfied that they're bringing back Charizard and have him do nothing and stone there in his Pokeball. I'm definitely not a fan of Charizard, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth and I can't really enjoy future returns of Pokemon I like.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

So is this another "I hate Charizard" thread? Well, people whining about it is not fresh news to me.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Ah, and here people think that only because Charizard is doing nothing the fanboys will stop treating him as Arceus himself. As if!

The only way to deter them from doing that is by making Charizard lose battle after battle after battle on-screen. Him doing nothing simply puts him in "stand-by" and steals a team slot from Pokemon who would enjoy even a tiny bit of screen time.

Seriously, I'd rather have him doing something interesting and leave rather than see him twiddling his thumbs for (probably all) the DA! arc and rob the Unova Pokemon from some useful screen time.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ah, and here people think that only because Charizard is doing nothing the fanboys will stop treating him as Arceus himself. As if!

The only way to deter them from doing that is by making Charizard lose battle after battle after battle on-screen. Him doing nothing simply puts him in "stand-by" and steals a team slot from Pokemon who would enjoy even a tiny bit of screen time.

Seriously, I'd rather have him doing something interesting and leave rather than see him twiddling his thumbs for (probably all) the DA! arc and rob the Unova Pokemon from some useful screen time.
    Charizard isn't going to do anything interesting until Ash does something interesting himself. Right now the Da saga as a whole is a filler fest. So if he isn't doing anything, than Charizard and the other pokemon aren't going to do much either. But you should be happy that Charizard is even with Ash since that's what people had wanted since back in Johto. All people ever talked about was being with Ash. Now that it is, people really shouldn't complain. I didn't like it when it hogged all the best battles either since Ash has a lot of nice pokemon as well. So I'm happy that it's here so that people will finally stop complaining about not seeing years after years. The writers have probably got tired of it too. I hope Charizard stays at the lab with the other pokemon, so that we don't have to hear any more rants requiring Charizard needing to come back instead of treating it like the others. In fact, there are some others that need more exposer than he does, and since Ash has a lot of pokemon, one pokemon should never have been shown so much pacific attention over the others.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Charizard isn't going to do anything interesting until Ash does something interesting himself. Right now the Da saga as a whole is a filler fest.
    True, but tbh, the whole 5th gen fillers were much more interesting that the Johto/Sinnoh/Hoenn ones. At least imo. There's a few exceptions of course (looking at you sawsbuck filler)

Charizard can't even leave right now because he is in the Genesect movie. So HAH! He's stuck in that cramped Poke Ball until then. Hey, its still better than that Charizific Valley that never should have come to be just to insult the Pokemon we all grew to love, right?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Most likely nothing since we all know that the writers are too lazy to have characters from past generations do anything significant this series. It's pretty much becoming a Dawn 2.0 cameo with it staying in the background not doing much like she did during her return. I think it's time the writers and producers get canned and bring in someone new that can actually bring past characters back and making them have some significant reasons why they returned and what they would accomplish while they're back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Charizard can't even leave right now because he is in the Genesect movie. So HAH! He's stuck in that cramped Poke Ball until then. Hey, its still better than that Charizific Valley that never should have come to be just to insult the Pokemon we all grew to love, right?
    I don't get why you hate the Charicific Valley so much...it's a pretty nice story. Charizard was strong, but there were much better trained Charizard. We constantly heard throughout Kanto and OI how badly trained Charizard was. Ash's Charizard saw this and wanted to become stronger(not sure if wanting to be the strongest Charizard in the world was dub only or not).

I liked how Charizard was treated before. Came back for the very important battles that Ash needed him for. It made me feel that Ash always had the big guns only when he needed them. Like Swellow, Snorlax, Heracross, and Sceptile coming back for the Sinnoh League. That feeling of Charizard coming back was always "Damn Ash is getting serious here. Something big is gonna happen". This made time for others to shine and grow. Like Sceptile coming back and beating Darkrai. Although it is very odd thinking back as to why Ash didn't get Charizard for Tobias. Like the others, it had experience against legendaries and was a smart pick. That's for another time though

It feels so weird to just have him come back to just be on the team and not do much.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Most likely nothing since we all know that the writers are too lazy to have characters from past generations do anything significant this series. It's pretty much becoming a Dawn 2.0 cameo with it staying in the background not doing much like she did during her return. I think it's time the writers and producers get canned and bring in someone new that can actually bring past characters back and making them have some significant reasons why they returned and what they would accomplish while they're back.
    Charizard's return was much better than Dawn's. Dawn didn't have an episode dedicated to her history across 9 years and thrashing Dragonite. Although they are similar in not doing much in their return, Charizard had a better inanime reason for returning and had a better debut
    Last edited by TheFonz; 19th May 2013 at 5:32 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I don't get why you hate the Charicific Valley so much...it's a pretty nice story. Charizard was strong, but there were much better trained Charizard. We constantly heard throughout Kanto and OI how badly trained Charizard was. Ash's Charizard saw this and wanted to become stronger(not sure if wanting to be the strongest Charizard in the world was dub only or not).

I liked how Charizard was treated before. Came back for the very important battles that Ash needed him for. It made me feel that Ash always had the big guns only when he needed them. Like Swellow, Snorlax, Heracross, and Sceptile coming back for the Sinnoh League. That feeling of Charizard coming back was always "Damn Ash is getting serious here. Something big is gonna happen". This made time for others to shine and grow. Like Sceptile coming back and beating Darkrai. Although it is very odd thinking back as to why Ash didn't get Charizard for Tobias. Like the others, it had experience against legendaries and was a smart pick. That's for another time though
    Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story. If Charizard had an actual problem with its personality (which it did not), maybe, but the entire thing was all Ash's fault. He did squat, didly-freaking-squat to solve the problem. All he had to do was put his foot down on it as a Charmeleon early on, instead of making stupid faces every time it doesn't "listen" to him. Even when Charizard became obedient again, it was clear Ash learned nothing from it. He blew a huge, HUGE opportunity to fix it in the interim between the Earth Badge battle and the Pokemon league, but he didn't take Professor Oak's advice of training his Pokemon, instead choosing to go on adventures with Surfing Pikachu's and making Pokemon movies and going to Hollywood. I tell you, it was good to see Professor Oak chastise Ash for his failure in training Charizard.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story. If Charizard had an actual problem with its personality (which it did not), maybe, but the entire thing was all Ash's fault. He did squat, didly-freaking-squat to solve the problem. All he had to do was put his foot down on it as a Charmeleon early on, instead of making stupid faces every time it doesn't "listen" to him. Even when Charizard became obedient again, it was clear Ash learned nothing from it. He blew a huge, HUGE opportunity to fix it in the interim between the Earth Badge battle and the Pokemon league, but he didn't take Professor Oak's advice of training his Pokemon, instead choosing to go on adventures with Surfing Pikachu's and making Pokemon movies and going to Hollywood. I tell you, it was good to see Professor Oak chastise Ash for his failure in training Charizard.
    No...Charicific Valley set up Charizard's story. Charizard's story ends when it helps Ash become Champion.

This is Kanto Ash we're talking about here...how is a trainer who just started out supposed to be flawless at training Pokémon? Ash should have trained. It was Ash's fault and he deserved to be chastised...although why then and not the freaking Unova League I have no idea

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story.
    His story had already ended though. He started out as a good Pokemon who became disobedient for 60+ episodes after evolving and then he got over that and helped Ash a bit during the last parts of the Orange Islands. I don't know what more people wanted of him. I mean Ash obviously couldn't have kept him on his team forever once Johto started for the sole reason that it would've made things too easy for him. The writers at least gave Charizard the honor of training off-screen so he could return stronger than before every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    His story had already ended though. He started out as a good Pokemon who became disobedient for 60+ episodes after evolving and then he got over that and helped Ash a bit during the last parts of the Orange Islands. I don't know what more people wanted of him. I mean Ash obviously couldn't have kept him on his team forever once Johto started for the sole reason that it would've made things too easy for him. The writers at least gave Charizard the honor of training off-screen so he could return stronger than before every once in a while.
    And for fanservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    No...Charicific Valley set up Charizard's story. Charizard's story ends when it helps Ash become Champion.

This is Kanto Ash we're talking about here...how is a trainer who just started out supposed to be flawless at training Pokémon? Ash should have trained. It was Ash's fault and he deserved to be chastised...although why then and not the freaking Unova League I have no idea
    Well then charizard's story will never end.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123