Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

This episode was funny due to me LOVING Mijimaru but it was basically the Crogunk episode in Sinnoh except someone got the girl and Ash didn't ask Iris to dance.....

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

I'm sure glad that the old Team Rocket is back,and I'm glad that Ash and Oshawott beat Quattro and Caesar but. Is it me or does Ash's Oshawott sounds like Brock when it comes to falling in love and rejected?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Oh look, exactly what I said was gonna happen happened. So another stupid filler down, on to next week we go for the next one!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Oshawott loses, people complain. Oshawott gets a cool win after god knows how long, people complain. lolollol
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Oshawott loses, people complain. Oshawott gets a cool win after god knows how long, people complain. lolollol
    i don't know if he actually won in the end, it looks like from the pics that when his scalchop broke, they reversed the decision, then again i haven't seen the episode so i'm not sure.

Though regardless even if Ash and Oshawott still kept that gold scalchop, i seriously doubt Oshawott would use it in battle since it's like a trophy and not a weapon.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 16th May 2013 at 6:38 PM.

Well that was an extremely "meh" episode. It was nice that something happened but it was still just above bland.

This series has done something that no other has done before - I am officially sick of seeing one of the main cast's pokemon. I know some people hated Piplup, but I managed to stomach him. Oshawott... just no.
    I already knew that he wasn't going to evovle, but a new move at least would have made him worth watching in this episode. Isn't it time Tackle was replaced? And no, the Razor Shell/Aqua Jet bit doesn't make up for that.

Hopefully the Butterfree episode is going to make up for what the DA series has given us so far.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    i don't know if he actually won in the end, it looks like from the pics that when his scalchop broke, they reversed the decision, then again i haven't seen the episode so i'm not sure.
    What the hell does that matter? Oshawott defeated the Dewott in battle and that's that. The scallchop broke out of sheer mental shock of losing in love and thus he was disqualified of the tourney but that has nothing to do with battling prowess.

Even though the Dewott came on top in every clash in till the last one it still must've taken some damage from the shocks and then the Aqua Jet + Razor Shell in spear form was just that much more effective so I'm ok with the outcome. We've seen come backs like this before, Battle Dome anyone? Swellow and Corphish took the beatings of their freaking lives and then turned it around in one move lolol.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Can't watch the episode at the moment, but Oshawott winning should make it at least decent.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Lol. I noticed that it's always the same people too. It's weird how Oshawott gets some people hot and bothered, but I suppose it's just a sign of his impact.

Anyway, this episode slayed so hard. Oshawott rocked, Team Rocket was funny, and everything ended on a happy note for us Oshawott fans at least. I loved how Oshawott was able to conjure up a bouquet of flowers out of nowhere, but I hated that trainer and his Dewott; they were so rude to Ash and Oshawott. And people wonder why I've never cared for Dewott; it's because the writers make the species seem really mean. Anyway, I loved how Meowth got disqualified after his disguised failed, and seeing Team Rocket blast off again wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be. I guess I'm warming up to them. As for the battle, I thought more could've been done but Oshawott won fair and square with his amazing Razor Shell/Aqua Jet combo. The king always wins so effortlessly. I was really sad when they showed the montage of flashbacks; I almost cried seeing all of Oshawott's various achievements. The king has come a long way. I laughed out loud when Mijuka leapt into Dewott's arms, but that was okay because Oshawott didn't need her. By the way, the broken Scalchop thing is obviously not a big deal; it was done for comedic purposes and will probably be fixed in later episodes. This episode slayed so I'll give it nine kisses out of ten.

I'm sorry but he should of lost. He was a fail in pretty much all of the challenges so he should of lost considering any other episode Dewott would of pwned him.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I'm sorry but he should of lost. He was a fail in pretty much all of the challenges so he should of lost considering any other episode Dewott would of pwned him.
    What the hell?? Did you even watch the episode cuz he was the second best competitor there not counting Meowth who cheated. Its like some one else said its always the same ppl who complain about Oshawott winning and about him losing. Theres too much hypocrisy when it comes to Ashs Pokemon for what ever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    What the hell?? Did you even watch the episode cuz he was the second best competitor there not counting Meowth who cheated. Its like some one else said its always the same ppl who complain about Oshawott winning and about him losing. Theres too much hypocrisy when it comes to Ashs Pokemon for what ever reason
    "Now it's the potion where the competitor show off their Scalchop's. The crow isn't impressed with Oshawott's and Iris and Cilan feel worried.

The crowd loves Caesar's Scalchops.

Jessie and James dress Meowth up as a Dewott and then he shows off his "Scalchop's" and the crowd and even Don George is impressed.

It's time for the Target Practice challenge. Oshawott doesn't do so well, but now it's time for Caesar and he does well. Meowth gets the Scalchop right in the centre of the target, even though he was nervous.

Caesar breaks some bricks with one of his Scalchop's. Meowth almost drops one Scalchop but he grabs it in the air and accidentally does well at the brick breaking.

Oshawott goes to break some bricks, but now it's an advert.

Back to the brick breaking and Oshawott does well at breaking some fo the bricks.

Caesar does an Aqua Jet across the sky and leaves behind a Rainbow, impressing the audience.

Osahwott does the same thing, but then gets distracted by Mijuka and slams into Ash.

Time for the jumping contest? What does that have to do with Oshawott's and Dewott's."

Right......

That one post is wrong, the crowd WAS impressed with Oshawott's shell. His was the 3rd most liked after Ceasar and Meowths. And in the brick break task I believe he tied with Ceasar. The only task he failed was the Aqua Jet part and only because he got distracted by Mijuka, he was doing well before that. And because Meowth got disqualified, he came 2nd in that round and made it to the finals. And it's useless to complain about how the battle went, to repeat myself:

"Even though the Dewott came on top in every clash in till the last one it still must've taken some damage from the shocks and then the Aqua Jet + Razor Shell in spear form was just that much more effective so I'm ok with the outcome. We've seen come backs like this before, Battle Dome anyone? Swellow and Corphish took the beatings of their freaking lives and then turned it around in one move lolol."

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post

Though regardless even if Ash and Oshawott still kept that gold scalchop, i seriously doubt Oshawott would use it in battle since it's like a trophy and not a weapon.
    Hes talking about the battle, Oshawott won the battle, he didn't become the king because Mijuka didn't like him.

Nope
    THe crowd was impressed by Oshawott , it was just more impressed at Caeser.

There was no jumping competition, they were doing a contest like move or wtv, Oshawott imitated Caesar, Mewoth was jumping because that was his "number" because he obviously can't Aqua Jet.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 16th May 2013 at 7:26 PM.

That one post is wrong, the crowd WAS impressed with Oshawott's shell. His was the 3rd most liked after Ceasar and Meowths. And in the brick break task I believe he tied with Ceasar. The only task he failed was the Aqua Jet part and only because he got distracted by Mijuka, he was doing well before that. And because Meowth got disqualified, he came 2nd in that round and made it to the finals. And it's useless to complain about how the battle went, to repeat myself:

"Even though the Dewott came on top in every clash in till the last one it still must've taken some damage from the shocks and then the Aqua Jet + Razor Shell in spear form was just that much more effective so I'm ok with the outcome. We've seen come backs like this before, Battle Dome anyone? Swellow and Corphish took the beatings of their freaking lives and then turned it around in one move lolol."
    Truth tea has been spilled. I don't know why some are trying it with Oshawott when he clearly did well at the tournament. As for whether he actually won the whole thing; it's subjective because as many have pointed out, Mijuka didn't like him. Still, Oshawott won the battle and that's practically all that matters since we already knew that he wasn't going to leave the cast to stay with Mijuka.

On another note, I loved that regal fanfare that played when Mijuka walked onto the stage. That needs to play when Ash's Oshawott pops out of his Pokeball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hes talking about the battle, Oshawott won the battle, he didn't become the king because Mijuka didn't like him.

THe crowd was impressed by Oshawott , it was just more impressed at Caeser.

There was no jumping competition, they were doing a contest like move or wtv, Oshawott imitated Caesar, Mewoth was jumping because that was his "number" because he obviously can't Aqua Jet.
    The point is that if the love interest wasn't there, he would of lost, plain and simple.

The point is that if the love interest wasn't there, he would of lost, plain and simple.
    Not really, there wasn't a single moment in the battle where Oshawott gained some magical shonen power boost out of love, he was getting realistically overpowered and then turned it around with strategy.

Can people just not accept that Oshawott is actually a strong Pokemon? The writers have used him as a scape goat multiple times but he has still proved to be a good Pokemon with the wins he's had including this one as well as his league performance against Hydreigon. He's had his share of screw ups but hey, that's his personality for ya.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 16th May 2013 at 7:36 PM.

Cool episode, best one of Da! so far.

Loved Mijumaru, glad he got a win and it's good to know things can go his way once in a while. Loved the Shell Blade + Aqua Jet combo and the battle, it wasn't super duper amazing but it was an admirable contest that's for sure. Caesar had Miju outclassed in terms of power, thankfully Satoshi turned it around with that combination in-fruition with spinning to knockout Caesar. I felt bad during the part he was battling in vain against Caesar and kept getting swatted by Shell Blade, that was intense. The way of using Shell Blade in the finishing move, Satoshi used it as more of a way of stabbing than slashing like usual and it was just beautifully animated. The flashbacks Satoshi had of Mijumaru and the idea of separating from him was pretty sweet. Because Miju's hotachi broke he was disqualified, but he won the battle and the whole tournament and we know who the real champion is. Felt bad for Mijumaru when he got rejected, Miju forget that vain and stuck-up Mijuka.

Team Rocket's presence felt largely unneeded and I really wish they didn't appear in this episode, more time could have been devoted toward the battle with what time they did use. Doing their motto and proceeding to get sent skyward in a matter of seconds was just pathetic, once again getting defeated by their own malfunctioning devices. Quattro manages to be an entertaining enough COTD, he snobby behavior was fun to watch and Caesar's. Mijuka gets props too, seeing a Mijumaru in royal clothes was pretty cute. So glad he got a win and a good battle. All the hotachi merchandise looked good too.

Not really, there wasn't a single moment in the battle where Oshawott gained some magical shonen power boost out of love, he was getting realistically overpowered and then turned it around with strategy.

Can people just not accept that Oshawott is actually a strong Pokemon? The writers have used him as a scape goat multiple times but he has still proved to be a good Pokemon with the wins he's had including this one as well as his league performance against Hydreigon. He's had his share of screw ups but hey, that's his personality for ya.
    How does him getting pwned in the league mean he is strong exactly?? Getting a hit a a big pokemon doesn't make you strong, especially if you had no chance, like at all.

How does him getting pwned in the league mean he is strong exactly?? Getting a hit a a big pokemon doesn't make you strong, especially if you had no chance, like at all.
    Mijumaru is a strong Pokemon, he's trained to master Aqua Jet and trained to battle without his hotachi. He get played out to be a blatant victim of plot often because he's the go to Pokemon for that type of stuff. He got used as fodder against Sanzandora, he got used as fodder to showcase Cheren's skills, he got used as fodder to showcase Pod's improvement, he got used as fodder to show off Bel's daddy's strength from his youth using a Pokemon he's had for years since then. When the plot isn't working against him he's shown to be a strong and reliable battler who has defeated several viable Pokemon in the past and held his own like a champ. Just because he acts comedic doesn't overrun his competence as a Pokemon, so yeah Mijumaru is strong and very much needed and deserved the win.

Who was that one guy that said there'd be a combination of moves and a memory of gym montage? Whoever it was he must of had secret Intel or was a really good guesser.

Anyway, interesting episode... stupid jerky guy wins out again even though he lost. Never a nice tale imo, gotta be a jerk to find love :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Mijumaru is a strong Pokemon, he's trained to master Aqua Jet and trained to battle without his hotachi. He get played out to be a blatant victim of plot often because he's the go to Pokemon for that type of stuff. He got used as fodder against Sanzandora, he got used as fodder to showcase Cheren's skills, he got used as fodder to showcase Pod's improvement, he got used as fodder to show off Bel's daddy's strength from his youth using a Pokemon he's had for years since then. When the plot isn't working against him he's shown to be a strong and reliable battler who has defeated several viable Pokemon in the past and held his own like a champ. Just because he acts comedic doesn't overrun his competence as a Pokemon, so yeah Mijumaru is strong and very much needed and deserved the win.
    Who??

The battle against Pansage was bull. He got lucky with both Watchog and Blitzle. His only legit win that I can even remember is against Krokorok.

He did very well against Hydreigon despite losing, that means that he's pretty strong considering he's a damn Oshawott. Do not deny this.

There's plenty of "bull" and "lucky" wins in Pokemon, not just for Oshawott. Dem haters. : [

I just want to know why the anime hates dewotts so much.
    And losing against a mere oshawott. Talking about humiliation
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Who??

The battle against Pansage was bull. He got lucky with both Watchog and Blitzle. His only legit win that I can even remember is against Krokorok.
    Yanappu:Not bull, Mijumaru took a nice amount of hits and did some damage to Yanappu. Used a rebounded Water Gun to retrieve his hotachi and go on to win, also showcased his hotachi's defensive abilities.

Miruhog:Hit it with Shell Blade and got confused but still hit it Aqua Jet and gained a tie in the process, moves still are able to hit under confusion.

Shimama:Trained for non-hotachi combat and had upped speed, scored quite a lot of Tackles against the opposition, managed to out gut Shimama when their Nitro Charge and Aqua Jet's fused and crashed. Won the battle completely legitimately.

Dokkora:Knocked it out by overpowering it fairly easily, showing off his growth as a Pokemon in physical strength.

Waruvile:Used Water Gun while spinning to eliminate Sandstorm and goes on to win by linking together three super-effective moves one after another.

Even the battle against Sanzadora at the league he lost showed him hitting it once with each one of his attacks, that's pretty damn impressive considering Gantle barely did anything and Chaobu only managed to win because of the prior damage to it. That's pretty damn impressive and as I said before when the plot isn't working against him he's able to win or show his prowess decently.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast