Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

I liked this episode a lot. It was really fun tbh. Most of this island arc so far has had better eps the n the main Unova arc Gotta love Oshawott eps

Worst episode so far, in my opinion. Are we supposed to weep at the sudden "Oshawott needs to have his mate" rule the trio didn't bother to look up? I swear, a lot of the events could have been avoided if they just stood around and asked for more info, hence why the Beedrill episode happened.

Well, this episode was good and bad at the same time. Ash decided to enter the Scalchop Tournament, which focuses on the skills of the Oshawott and Dewott species. The winner of the tournament gets to stay with the Scalchop Island queen Osharina(a female Oshawott), so Ash's Oshawott was thrilled about it. Eventually Oshawott managed to take down the jerk trainer Cadbury's Dewott Caesar in the final battle of the tournament, but Osharina was was in love with Caesar, so she ran up to him and Oshawott got heartbroken.....no, Schalchopbroken. Thus he got disqualified from the Scalchop Tournament and Caesar was decleared the winner by default. I think that's a dumb reason for a disqualification. Oshawott's Scalchop broke AFTER he won battle, but Freddy still disqualified him ?! Oh well ... You win some, you lose some.

It's ironic how this episode's plot is quite similar to "Odd Pokémon Out" and "Cream of The Croagunk Crop", but the most ironic part of this episode was Ash realizing that Oshawott is in love with Osharina. Not so dense anymore, eh?
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 1st May 2014 at 3:51 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

It was a good episode. It was funny when Oshawott rushes over with flowers to both the female Oshawott and Cinccino.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Worst episode so far, in my opinion. Are we supposed to weep at the sudden "Oshawott needs to have his mate" rule the trio didn't bother to look up? I swear, a lot of the events could have been avoided if they just stood around and asked for more info, hence why the Beedrill episode happened.
    What rule didn't the trio look up?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonFan13 View Post
    What rule didn't the trio look up?
    The king needs to leave their trainer behind to stay with the queen. It wouldn't make much of a big deal for people native to the island, but traveling trainers get screwed.

This episode definitely ripped-off the Croagunk episode more than it needed to. I don't think they should have made the challenges the Oshawott and Dewott.... and Meowth go through be almost identical to what the Croagunk had to go through. I think more challenges having to do with water would have made sense. More variety in the challenges is something that I would have liked to see. Even most of the jokes they told were from the Croagunk episode such as Iris and Cilan being confused why Don George and Nurse Joy were able to tell the difference between the scalchop. They did that with the Croagunks as well with Crasher Wake and Nurse Joy commenting on how ranking the Croagunk when Ash and Dawn weren't sure how they could tell the difference. Pokémon rips-off episodes on many occasions but this was almost a direct rip-off.

The saving grace of this episode though was Oshawott. His personality keeps me invested and I actually got teary eyed watching the ending with the flashback of some of his great moments. I knew he wasn't leaving but that moment got me because of the fact that he is my favorite of Ash's Pokemon that he got in Unova and because of the music that was playing. Oshawott really is a Pokemon version of Brock. Every time he gets his heart broken, he gets right back up when he sees another pretty girl. Brock was like that as well. Iris' reaction to Oshawott going after another girl Pokemon at the end was adorable. And I did enjoy James in this episode when he was explaining the scalchops he made for Meowth.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The king needs to leave their trainer behind to stay with the queen. It wouldn't make much of a big deal for people native to the island, but traveling trainers get screwed.
    Wait, that was a rule? I thought it was optional. How silly. I mean why would anyone enter their Oshawott in the tournament if it meant that they had to abandon them? That along with Oshawott's reason for being disqualified were horrible imo. Granted, I still loved this episode. It was exactly what a filler should be; funny and entertaining imo.

This episode wasn't very good for me. It was completely predictable.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Not to mention, everybody in this episode got the memo that this was the "SCREW ASH'S OSHAWOTT" episode. Poor Oshawott was the underdog, and he did fairly well as his own species. That jerk snobby trainer with the Dewott left a bad taste in my mouth, and along with being arrogant.

Osharina wasn't my favorite either; prissy and looked low on Oshawott. She "screwed" (wanna say a different word) Oshawott's pride by choosing Casear as the King. EVEN though Oshawott won the entire thing, and Freddy just disqualifies Oshawott when his Scalchop breaks (representing him being heartbroken). The poor thing gets a lot of shiz at the end.

I could hardly tell if we were suppose to feel sad during Ash's flashbacks of Oshawott. It felt so lackluster to think Oshawott would leave. Especially when everything was being played out as a predictable episode.

And Ciccino being the WTP? of the episode is just... the most random one yet. Geez. It appears at the end with little meaning.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Fine episode, but nothing too special. Though Cadbury seems annoying, from the looks of him. It was nice to see Oshawott win the tournament, but it would have been sad if Oshawott had to stay with Osharina.

Quote Originally Posted by vipsoccermaster View Post
    Fine episode, but nothing too special. Though Cadbury seems annoying, from the looks of him. It was nice to see Oshawott win the tournament, but it would have been sad if Oshawott had to stay with Osharina.
    If he left ash after getting some from osharina it would be the crowning moment of awesome for the series.

damn i was so shocked when the flashbacks came on i was like NOOOO but im glad oshawott stayed he has alot more with ash then anyone else. that cadbury kid was annoying too.

A good episode which focused on Oshawott. He provided the funny moments which always happen when Oshawott is around but there were some heartbreaking moments too when we saw the flashbacks. I agree with everyone else that Cadberry was a very annoying character and it annoyed me that he still got his own way in the end. I would have much preferred a random Oshawott/Dewott or even Meowth to be the one Osharina chose.

Anyway, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Mijumaru was great but the whole episode felt like it's been done before
    (rocket dan was not needed)
    Last edited by はるひ; 18th August 2013 at 8:48 PM.
    岩根雅明=♡

Good episode. It had some funny parts, like Oshawott falling in love and James interrupting the show to explain his highly advanced shell. I love Oshawott, so this was one of the better episodes for me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Ya gotta love Oshawatt Especially in the ending dawwwww....
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I liked this episode. It was nice to see other Oshawott. Poor Oshawott got his heart broken again though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345