Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

Default Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

Farewell, Oshawott!? The Path to Becoming Scalchop King!

Ash & Co. have arrived on Scalchop Island where the ScalchopKing Playoff tournament is being held. However, when they get there, they learn they are early. With the area filled with trainers with Oshawott and Dewott and they learn that if they win, they receive a golden Scalchop and get teamed up with the female division winner. When the tournament begins, Oshawott gives it his best, but he soon faces up against a Dewott named Caesar and another Dewott which looks oddly familiar. Will Oshawott manage to win, and become the Scalchop King?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts off with Ash and co. on a ship with multiple Oshawott and Dewott.

Parker #2 tells them about Scalchop Island and then Osahwott comes out of his Pokbeall and onto the groups dinning table.

Oshawott and Ash are pumped.

Now the Opening.

They've arrive on the islands. Iris looks at Scalchop shaped food and Cilan looks at Schalchop merchandise.

They then see Freddy on stage introducing the competition and then a girl comes by showing off the Golden Scalchop.

Team Rocket are watching and they have and idea, which I think Meowth isn't happy about.

Oshawott sees the Queen Oshawott, Mijuka and brings out Flowers from...somewhere and goes to profess his love.

Caesar the Dewott to Quattro knocks Oshawott over and already Quattro picks Ash as his Rival for the competition.

Nurse Joy is on the judges pannel, ah, just like the Pokemon Contest days and Don George is there as wel.

Now it's the potion where the competitor show off their Scalchop's. The crow isn't impressed with Oshawott's and Iris and Cilan feel worried.

The crowd loves Caesar's Scalchops.

Jessie and James dress Meowth up as a Dewott and then he shows off his "Scalchop's" and the crowd and even Don George is impressed.

It's time for the Target Practice challenge. Oshawott doesn't do so well, but now it's time for Caesar and he does well. Meowth gets the Scalchop right in the centre of the target, even though he was nervous.

Caesar breaks some bricks with one of his Scalchop's. Meowth almost drops one Scalchop but he grabs it in the air and accidentally does well at the brick breaking.

Oshawott goes to break some bricks, but now it's an advert.

Back to the brick breaking and Oshawott does well at breaking some fo the bricks.

Caesar does an Aqua Jet across the sky and leaves behind a Rainbow, impressing the audience.

Osahwott does the same thing, but then gets distracted by Mijuka and slams into Ash.

Time for the jumping contest? What does that have to do with Oshawott's and Dewott's.

Meowth gets some water spilled on him and the paint and costume washes off. Team Rocket then do their motto, before going for the Golden Scalchop.

Pikachu makes Team Rocket to blast off.

It's time for Caesar vs. Oshawott.

The two do a Hydro Pump but Oshawott isn't strong enough and hits a wall.

Now it's Surf vs. Aqua Jet and it the attacks were pretty even.

Now it's Razor Shell vs. Razor Shell.

Now it's time for an Aqua Jet + Razor Shell from Caesar and Oshawott.

Dewott loses and Oshawott wins! YES!!!

Ash find out that another prizes is that Oshawott has to leave for a year and Ash talks to Oshawott about it. Osahwott is sad and confused.

Then he sees Mijuka and is happy.

Flashback to Osahwott's triumph's and when Ash first got him.

Mijuka runs off with Caesar and everyone is shocked.

Oshawott is crushed and instead of Oshawott's heartbreaking, it's his Shell. Oshawott is devastated.

They're all back on the ship and Oshawott is upset and has a taped up Scalchop, until he falls in love his a passing by Cinccino.

Oh, Oshawott. The end.
    Last edited by playerking; 16th May 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

So many Oshawotts and Dewotts!

Now this will be interesting. Oshawott vs Dewott.

Oh no! Don't go Oshawott! T_T

Yay! Oshawott is sticking around.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 16th May 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

I liked the brief scene where James talked about the scalchop. Happy to see that old TR are back!
    In snow, the pure white coat covering its body obscures it from predators.
    Dewgong

loved the episode.

So many Dewott <3.

TR as usual didn't need to be here but they didn't do much anyway.

I liked the snob kid and his Futachimaru, the competitions were fun enough.

The battle was great actually, they showed Futachimaru beating Mijumaru in power but Satoshi was smart enough to win with strategy basicly, damn a Swords Dance to boost is power would have been so great here but still using the Razor Blade as a spear was pretty damn cool.

It was funny when they won, the announcer apparently says Mijumaru has to stay as the King and Satoshi goes what? and everyone goes into depression mode.

Bah Mijumaru forget that futile Mijuka, you are better of without her .

So a fun episode and Oshawott got a win against a strong opponent that he so much needed.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 16th May 2013 at 12:30 PM.

Its seemed to me that Oshawott lost tournament at the end (after being declared the winner) because his Scalchop broke after saw the Queen was actually in love with Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Its seemed to me that Oshawott lost tournament at the end (after being declared the winner) because his Scalchop broke after saw the Queen was actually in love with Caesar.
    How is that a loss? he beat him in the battle, Mijuka just ignored the rules and choose Caeser as the king instead.

So he won the tournament basicly but didn't win her "heart" which as far as I'm concerned, the thing was snobby and futile as heck so Oshawott shouldn't be interested in her anyway xD.

Glad to see Ash used a strategy and won this time.Mijumaru finally showed its potential and trusted his trainer again like first gym match against Yanappu.Good job Mijumaru.
    Ending was similiar to Marill, Piplup & Elekid! episode from DP.
    Overall it is good to see Ash's Unova pokemons still getting development.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    How is that a loss? he beat him in the battle, Mijuka just ignored the rules and choose Caeser as the king instead.
    I should have phrased it correctly. Oshawott was disqualified because his Scalchop broke (even after being declared the winner) and so Caeser was declared the winner instead.

Yay Oshawott won with a combo

Man, he was SO close to leaving leaving haha! But I probably would've been sad afterwards if Oshawott left so I'm glad how things turned out.

did the kid with Dewott rub what happened in Ash's face, despite losing.

Poor Oshawott though, are we going to have to deal with another subplot now where it's scalchop is broken for a while until it gets a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Glad to see Ash used a strategy and won this time.Mijumaru finally showed its potential and trusted his trainer again like first gym match against Yanappu.Good job Mijumaru.
    Ending was similiar to Marill, Piplup & Elekid! episode from DP.
    Overall it is good to see Ash's Unova pokemons still getting development.
    Unlike Piplup episode, Oshawott rival Dewott make more sence then Elekid

I know i'm risking an infraction for saying this, but the way this episode ended feels similar (not completely but a little similar) to what happened with Grovyle, i'm hoping that Oshawott can fix this problem without having to evolve (cue "evo to fix problem" talk now i bet) , assuming they don't go ahead and fix it in next week's episode dragging the plot out for a while.

Granted they could've just given him the Golden scalchop (unless this Dewott took it) but I guess they didn't want too.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 16th May 2013 at 1:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    did the kid with Dewott rub what happened in Ash's face, despite losing.

Poor Oshawott though, are we going to have to deal with another subplot now where it's scalchop is broken for a while until it gets a new one?
    Nah, she just jumped to Caesar and the annoncer explained I think that Mijuka likes Ceaser instead or wtv, Oshawott got depressed and the scene changed to the kids leaving on the boat I believe but I don't understand much japanese anyway to confirm anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I should have phrased it correctly. Oshawott was disqualified because his Scalchop broke (even after being declared the winner) and so Caeser was declared the winner instead.
    Wait that actually happened? thats so stupid and a shell breaks and they put a bandage on it to fix it? lol...well its a stupid rule, we all know who actually won .

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    I know i'm risking an infraction for saying this, but the way this episode ended feels similar (not completely but a little similar) to what happened with Grovyle, i'm hoping that Oshawott can fix this problem without having to evolve (cue "evo to fix problem" talk now i bet) , assuming they don't go ahead and fix it in next week's episode dragging the plot out for a while.

Granted they could've just given him the Golden scalchop (unless this Dewott took it) but I guess they didn't want too.
    I think Cilan's Crustle can solve this problem.Dwebble's shell was damaged too after battling against Trip and he repaired his shell it after battle.He evolved and he can easily repair Mijumaru's shell.

Seems like this is the best DA episode so far. I liked the whole scalchop tournament and the rivalry with Caesar, simply because I just like Ash's Oshawott as a character. Poor him when Mijuka (the female Oshawott) chose Caesar over him, despite that he was the winner. What I didn't like was the presence of the TRio because just like I expected, they served no purpose in this episode whatsoever. Their presence just ruins the episode for me.

I'll give this episode a 6/10 which I think is high considering the presence of DA TRio.

the picture for this episode seem really good and make me laugh
    cant wait to watch this episode
    at least team rocket didnt do much
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

team Rocket was pointless in this episode.

You know what? I kinda like this Team Rocket. They don't take up the whole episode and they aren't part of the resolution.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You know what? I kinda like this Team Rocket. They don't take up the whole episode and they aren't part of the resolution.
    You know what, if 'mčh' is your thing, then I guess that every single episode that's not interesting is up your alley.

My god, this was a 95% copy of the Croagunk Tournament. The battle was lame and uninspired and I didn't like TR breaking the fourth wall..

Edit: They just now come in with Razor Jet? Took them only 113 episodes to think about.. And they didn't even let Ash come up with the idea!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So combining two attacks into one super attack isn't contest exclusive. That's interesting.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

The episode was okay. Locormuc is right about it being a crogunk tournment, but unlike that episode it had a happy endding then a sad one.

I remember when people actually thought there was a ghost of a chance of the anime's second biggest cash cow leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    So combining two attacks into one super attack isn't contest exclusive. That's interesting.
    So glad to know that move combinations aren't extinct in this show.

Something tells me that this is just another one of those episodes that's going to be forgotten in terms of development. Oshawott's shell will be fully prepared by next week, TRio will be the tangled nonsense that worms its way into every single episode, and Iris and Cilan will do nothing worthwhile with their Pokemon.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast