Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    I just want to know why the anime hates dewotts so much.
    And losing against a mere oshawott. Talking about humiliation
    A mere Oshawott? I'm hollering. Why is it so impossible to believe that Ash's Oshawott could beat its evolved form when many other unevolved Pokemon have done the same thing? Contrary to popular belief, Oshawott does have several wins so it's not completely out of the blue for him to win against Dewott. It's not like Dewott have ever been represented as powerful battlers anyway. They're a middle stage species, so they're sort of average in terms of power to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Yanappu:Not bull, Mijumaru took a nice amount of hits and did some damage to Yanappu. Used a rebounded Water Gun to retrieve his hotachi and go on to win, also showcased his hotachi's defensive abilities.

Miruhog:Hit it with Shell Blade and got confused but still hit it Aqua Jet and gained a tie in the process, moves still are able to hit under confusion.

Shimama:Trained for non-hotachi combat and had upped speed, scored quite a lot of Tackles against the opposition, managed to out gut Shimama when their Nitro Charge and Aqua Jet's fused and crashed. Won the battle completely legitimately.

Dokkora:Knocked it out by overpowering it fairly easily, showing off his growth as a Pokemon in physical strength.

Waruvile:Used Water Gun while spinning to eliminate Sandstorm and goes on to win by linking together three super-effective moves one after another.

Even the battle against Sanzadora at the league he lost showed him hitting it once with each one of his attacks, that's pretty damn impressive considering Gantle barely did anything and Chaobu only managed to win because of the prior damage to it. That's pretty damn impressive and as I said before when the plot isn't working against him he's able to win or show his prowess decently.
    He legit got raped by Pansage and then won with like a 1 hit KO like come on.

He couldn't control himself against Watchog and Blitzle and won by luck, not legit.

I'll give you this one even though I like legit forgot about it.

Like I said, this one was legit.

He had two legit battles out of how many?? I'm sorry but that doesn't say strong to me.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He legit got raped by Pansage and then won with like a 1 hit KO like come on.
    He hit Yanappu with a Water Gun and two Shell Blades, that's a more than believable feat for a first gym.

He couldn't control himself against Watchog and Blitzle and won by luck, not legit.
    Heigani managed to knock out a Golduck while under confusion, attacks still hit under confusion. Mijumaru was handling Shimama well and still managed to stand up after the clash.

He had two legit battles out of how many?? I'm sorry but that doesn't say strong to me.
    No point in discussing it any further than, in that case it just comes down to an unmovable opinion.

No more discussions about Oshawott's track record. Talk about the goddamn episode for once, bye.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Okay I wacth the episode and I can say about it was pretty okay. I like the Dewott trainer and his snobby adutude of Ash and Oshawott to have a conflited. The Island Oshawotts and Dewott were over cuteness 9000! Team Rocket in this episode did hurt anything, but their presents wasn't needed this time. I did like the short battle with Cessor and Oshawott had, also Aqua Jet spear was a pretty good combo move. I love the ending where Oshawott is being a goof ball agian. Really the flashback was okay with Oshawott but if their were more battle in Bw with him I would have carried a little bit more. Let that Cinccino be Oshawott gf Lols XD!

Just because dewott is a middle form doesn't justify why a baby has to kick his ***. As I can recall, every single dewott that appeared in the anime was been nothing but a punchbag. Seriously the anime doesn't need to keep rubbing that in our faces. It was sad enough to realize Ash's oshawott will stuck up as baby forever.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Who??

The battle against Pansage was bull. He got lucky with both Watchog and Blitzle. His only legit win that I can even remember is against Krokorok.
    The guy that apparently watched the episode before it aired and I asked yesterday how he knew that and you said he was just speculating.

It probably aired in a diferent channel yesterday for some reason, thats why the guy knew.

The point is that if the love interest wasn't there, he would of lost, plain and simple.
    He won because of Satoshi strategy not a love interest but who cares, you will keep saying that.

Just like Scraggy wins are all out of luck or the oponents being weak.

I wish they chose a better animator for this episode. This one is just so 'Meh' that he makes everything look so basic.

Other than that, I didn't have much thoughts going into this episode. I knew Oshawott wasn't going to leave so all I was hoping for was to be entertained. I can't say I'll be rewatching this numerous times, but it was fine for what it was and it did have some funny parts (mainly from Meowth).

Oh and look at that, Ash has achieved something two episodes in a row. Looks like he won't be leaving BW empty-handed afterall.

Lols.jpg

Love heals all pains

Iris' reaction is mine to this episode. Just kidding, it wasn't bad.

I'm just glad that they finally established Oshawott's weird love-at-first-sight obsessions as a personality trait instead of a plot device when necessary.

Also, LOL at the pages of scalchop discussion. Oshawott's scalchop obviously wouldn't remain shattered.
    Last edited by Shneak; 16th May 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Caesar will always be the true winner in my and that girl mijumaru's heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    [IMG139]
    Iris' reaction is mine to this episode. Just kidding, it wasn't bad.

I'm just glad that they finally established Oshawott's weird love-at-first-sight obsessions as a personality trait instead of a plot device when necessary.

Also, LOL at the pages of scalchop discussion. Oshawott's scalchop obviously wouldn't remain shattered.
    What type of filler episodes do like better? Oshawott falls in love, or Axew gets lost? Both happen a lotXD
    Poor Oshawott, hes really become Brock's replacement, it would have been twice more funny if Brock caught the thing.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Tough luck Oshawott. I'm kinda glad this didn't turn into Bye Bye Butterfree though. I like Oshawott.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Loved the battle at the end, Miju vs Caesar. How Miju got knocked around a few times at first - I thought he was going to loose the match easily. The Razor Shell attacks at the end, was more of a stabbing than slashing.

At one point I thought Miju was leaving, after he won, during the flashbacks, I could feel the tears coming down my eyes (it was that emotional for me).

but still Caesar won at the end!! with Mijuka. (I think I was going to faint from the cuteness in this scene)..... and Miju's facial expression!! That made me laugh. I guess the scalchop breaking represented his broken heart (and then starts falling in love with Cinccino).

Still very annoyed Nyasu impersonating Futachimaru.

Loved the views from the island, all the scalchop merchandise, I wish had the t-shirts.... for me personally, I give it a perfect 11/10 episode (the only other episode with a perfect score from is the episode with Hiroto's Futachi - BW115), higher if possible, it was as if the animators got inside my head and knew what kind of episode would make me the happiest - and today it got delivered.
    Last edited by LiepardTrainer; 16th May 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    What type of filler episodes do like better? Oshawott falls in love, or Axew gets lost? Both happen a lotXD
    Poor Oshawott, hes really become Brock's replacement, it would have been twice more funny if Brock caught the thing.
    Both are painful to watch, but I'll go with Oshawott.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Just because dewott is a middle form doesn't justify why a baby has to kick his ***. As I can recall, every single dewott that appeared in the anime was been nothing but a punchbag. Seriously the anime doesn't need to keep rubbing that in our faces. It was sad enough to realize Ash's oshawott will stuck up as baby forever.
    Oshawott's not a baby. The closest thing to a "baby" on Ash's team is Scraggy and yet he practically solo'd an entire tournament and defeated bigger Pokemon than himself and nobody complained. And I don't think there's some big anime conspiracy to make Dewott seem weak at all. I didn't see anyone complain about Servine being weak when Ash's Snivy defeated one with the usual Attract hax, so I fail to understand what the problem is with Oshawott winning a battle fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I could imagine the episode now. Brock falls in love with a female Pokemon Trainer and Oshawott falls in love with her pokemon with only both of them getting rejected in the end.

so do we know if Ash got to keep the gold scalchop or was that taken away as well?

I feel bad for Oshawott to be honest... all he was doing was trying to prove how far he'd go for love (misguided as usual though) and even then he got stomped on for winning :P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    so do we know if Ash got to keep the gold scalchop or was that taken away as well?
    Yeah could someone clear up what exactly happened after Miju's scalchop broke in half.

It's bad enough to see he had his heart broken and by extension his appendage...again. Seeing it here sorta reminds me of Grovyle's stick when he evolved, except it's used for an attack and more personal because of its connection.

Pretty sure Oshawott and Ash got to keep the prize.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Pretty sure Oshawott and Ash got to keep the prize.
    Well if the scalchop has to belong to the king, they migth not have kept it, anyway Satoshi just two minor tournaments in a row haha(this one was more important then the last one), I hope we get some more random tournaments once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NettFox View Post
    Yeah could someone clear up what exactly happened after Miju's scalchop broke in half.

It's bad enough to see he had his heart broken and by extension his appendage...again. Seeing it here sorta reminds me of Grovyle's stick when he evolved, except it's used for an attack and more personal because of its connection.
    that's what i think.

granted considering the gold scalchop looks more like a trophy than a weapon i doubt it would be used as such even if Ash did keep it.

Ash and Oshawott were disqualified after his scalchop broke in half. He didn't win the golden scalchop. If he did, they'd have mentioned something about transporting it. For example Iris did talk about sending her feathers to Dragon Village.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast