View Poll Results: in pokemon wifi battles or pokemon in general which are you?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • casual

18 64.29%
  • competitive

5 17.86%
  • other

5 17.86%

Thread: casual gamer vs competitive gamer

Question casual gamer vs competitive gamer

which are you?
    me personally im more of a casual gamer.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I'm more of both! Ingame, I'm more casual, but on the internet I'm FULL competitive!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

I think I'm somewhere in the middle

I do my absolute best in every game that I can, whether it's pokemon, or world of warcraft, or something else even

But my results are "casual" even if I'm dead serious.

Like in Pokemon my W/L ratio online is only like 50/50, in WoW I never got past 1400 arena rating (Which is also the result of about 50/50 W/L)..... these things despite all my best efforts

So I mean, I try to do my best, I am competitive... but apparently that yields "casual" levels of results for me anyway D:

I just can't make it over the hump to true gamer glory, my competitive gaming life is a permanent state of mediocrity despite all my effort...
    Last edited by Krookodile777; 17th May 2013 at 12:34 AM.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/1rt0ts.jpg[/IMG]
    https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...15-61212-99488
    Or 15-61212-99488 (Watch on your DS)
    (^Good battle video of mine)

I'm a casual gamer, since most of my playing experience is in-game rather than competitive.

I hate the idea of competitive gaming, and not just in Pokemon. I play multiplayer/WiFi in a lot of games, but real competitions or tourneys just baffle me. To me, Pokemon, or any game for that matter is better played casually, unless it's made for competitive gamers. In my opinion, Pokemon should be played casually, but that might be due to my lack of competitive-ness.
    Since I was off for so long, I feel it is only right to start anew. My name is pokemon player, and I am very happy to meet you.

Credit to lifeburst for the banner, check him out!

I was a casual player until I went into the competitive metagame. Now I always play competitively.

I'm definitely a casual gamer in general, as I don't really have the ability to become high level at any game I play. When I play fighting games, I usually find people who will crush me with ease.

Both but competitive just slightly more since there will be a point that I get bored of casually playing it so I play on Showdown to help dig myself out of that situation.

The competition is where I'm at, such a good strategy game. You forgot one more poll option; completists.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The competition is where I'm at, such a good strategy game. You forgot one more poll option; completists.
    hmmm this is true.....my bad....
    oh well I guess it could be worse.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

I would never even consider competitive battling. It really takes the fun out of training Pokemon and just having a good time being with them, for me anyway. Of course, I do pay attention to natures and try to come up with really good movesets and balanced teams, but I do that mainly for getting through the main game. I practically never participate in wi-fi battles anyway, mainly because I'm afriad of being clobbered by competitive players.

I have claimed Celestia Ludenberg from Dangan Ronpa. --My Updated RPer profile--

RPG's I'm in now: Gauntlet of the Greek God Guardians (Zuri), Castle of the Vampire King (Bianca and Lilith)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Casual. I rarely play competitively, and I usually get totally destroyed.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.