Thread: Boredom is the Mind Killer (IGRMT)

Default Boredom is the Mind Killer (IGRMT)

Yo... back for a bit. I got roped back into IGRMT thanks to Aura's Build-A-Team project as a main contributor, and I guess I might as well post this team... because, as the title states, boredom is killing me.

No real theme or anything special this time, just a team; bulky offense is the playstyle, btw.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 76 Hp / 216 SpA / 216 Spe
    Ability: Flash Fire
    - Flamethrower
    - Energy Ball
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind

No, I am no using Drought Ninetales. I like having a Water-type on my in-game teams, thank you.

Anyway, this is pretty much a standard set. The spread is derived from the old Gen 4 Lure set; I should know, I wrote that analysis on Smogon. It packs enough speed to outpace Base 95's, keeps enough attack to 2HKO most bulky waters with Energy Ball after a boost or two, and has enough bulk to make taking attacks easier. Calm Mind > Nasty Plot because it enables Ninetales to tank more effectively, while Substitute allows Ninetales to boost without worrying about status or damage from weak attacks. Energy Ball > Extrasensory or Dark Pulse because it gets coverage on Water-, Ground-, and Rock-types. Yeah, it's not great against Fire- or Dragon-types, but the rest of my team will cover for that.

Slowbro @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Ability: Regenerator
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Slack Off

Standard offensive Slowbro. Max Hp and SpA for bulk and power, Life Orb for more power, Slack Off to heal off damage, ect. The only thing that's different from usual is the placement of Ice Beam > Flamethrower/Fire Blast. Since I already have Ninetales, I don't need that, hence Ice Beam. It also lets me be more effective against Dragon-types.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Ability: Poison Heal
    - Seed Bomb
    - Facade
    - Drain Punch
    - Spore

Another Gen 4 favorite; All-Out Offensive Breloom. Seed Bomb and Drain Punch are STABs (and Drain Punch lets me recover some health along the way), while Facade gets good neutral coverage and makes use of Poison Heal. Its also much bulkier than it looks due to its recovery factor (two rounds of Lefties per turn). Spore is good for spreading status and nipping problems before they get started.

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 88 Hp / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
    Ability: Sheer Force
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball

Standard Nidoqueen. Speed enough to outpace neutral Base 65s and + Base 55s, max SpA, the rest in Hp for bulk. Moveset is for max coverage; Flamethrower is overlapped by Ice Beam and Earth Power for the most part, while Thunderbolt hits Bulky Waters and Shadow Ball nails Psychic- and Ghost-types. Everybody understands LO Sheer Force, I hope? Yes? Good, moving on.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Ability: Sturdy
    - Brave Bird
    - Rock Smash
    - Swords Dance
    - Roost

SD Skarmory. No, I am not joking. As an SD abuser, Skarmory is actually pretty good in-game. Brave Bird's power is just about the only thing that makes this set viable. Rock Smash gets good coverage against double-resists to Flying. Swords Dance to boost attack, Roost to heal off damage. Max Attack and Speed because this is a sweeper, not a tank.

Eelektross @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Ability: Levitate
    - Thunderpunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Aqua Tail
    - Coil

Simple Coil Eelektross. Thunderpunch for STAB, Drain Punch for coverage and Hp recovery, Aqua Tail for more coverage. Standard spread, max defenses for ease of boosting. Any questions? No? Good. We're done.

As I said... nothing special. Rate if you feel like it.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 18th May 2013 at 2:54 AM.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Well for starters, Slowbro doesn't get Storm Drain. Guessing you mean Regenerator :L

For Breloom, I would personally run an SD version or at least Mach Punch>Superpower.

Another preference thing would be Nidoking>Nidoqueen for an offensive role.

Everything else seems okie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master
    Yo... back for a bit. I got roped back into IGRMT thanks to Aura's Build-A-Team project as a main contributor
    Baww, you.

Shadow is right, Slowbro dosen't get Storm Drain. Maybe you were thinking of Gastrodon? Or maybe you meant Regenerator. idk.

I don't really like that Breloom; personally, I think Sperpower is inferior to Drain Punch, since DP heals you and dosen;t have the drawback of lowering your Def and Atk. I guess it boils down to preference tho.

Yeah... Nidoking does do Nidoqueen's job better, it has higher attacking stats and all that, but Nidoqueen basically sacrifices power for bulk. Shouldn't matter too much.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Well for starters, Slowbro doesn't get Storm Drain. Guessing you mean Regenerator :L
    Ahh, whoops. Slowbro was originally Gastrodon, and I guess I forgot to change its ability. I did, in fact, mean Regenerator.

For Breloom, I would personally run an SD version or at least Mach Punch>Superpower.
    Ehh, no. I already have three setup abusers. I'd prefer not to make it four and have to set up in every single battle.

Another preference thing would be Nidoking>Nidoqueen for an offensive role.
    Nidoqueen's bulk > Nidoking's Speed. The power difference isn't that important in-game.

Everything else seems okie.
    Good then.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Baww, you.
    Baww, me.

Shadow is right, Slowbro dosen't get Storm Drain. Maybe you were thinking of Gastrodon? Or maybe you meant Regenerator. idk.
    See above; it's actually both :P

I don't really like that Breloom; personally, I think Sperpower is inferior to Drain Punch, since DP heals you and dosen;t have the drawback of lowering your Def and Atk. I guess it boils down to preference tho.
    Hmm, I forgot about that one. Good idea; I'll change that.

Yeah... Nidoking does do Nidoqueen's job better, it has higher attacking stats and all that, but Nidoqueen basically sacrifices power for bulk. Shouldn't matter too much.
    Nope! Nidoqueen's bulk is far and away much more important. Nidoking's speed is nice; Nidoqueen's bulk allows it to survive attacks from faster Pokemon and hit back harder thanks to LO Sheer Force. If I was going all-out offensive, I might consider it, but this is a bulky offense team.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Slowbro doesn't learn Recover. It does learn Slack Off though, so use that.

I second Drain Punch > Superpower on Breloom. Spore + Toxic Orb + Drain Punch is an excellent combo if you want to tank via healing.

SD Skarmory? I need to fax you a cookie sometime. I'd have used SDSkarm myself if it wasn't so darn invonvenient to 1. Get Skarmory and 2. Breed a decent flying attack onto it.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 17th May 2013 at 6:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Look up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Eon Masterrrr?????

Rock Smash on Skarm isn't all that bad due to the defense debuff, despite the poor power. You'll be using Brave Bird most the time anyways.

Stone Edge is always an option on Breloom, of course. Facade will scarcely be used since Seed Bomb and Drain Punch (thirded).

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Slowbro doesn't learn Recover. It does learn Slack Off though, so use that.
    Blithering fudge monkeys. Gah, another holdover from when it was Gastrodon when I was first typing it up. I did mean to change it to Slack Off, though...

I second Drain Punch > Superpower on Breloom. Spore + Toxic Orb + Drain Punch is an excellent combo if you want to tank via healing.
    Definitely using it, then.

SD Skarmory? I need to fax you a cookie sometime. I'd have used SDSkarm myself if it wasn't so darn invonvenient to 1. Get Skarmory and 2. Breed a decent flying attack onto it.
    Yay cookie. And yeah, but I have a good Skarmory and Staraptor in my SS that I can breed the moves with, then trade the offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by gyaradosuseddragonrage! View Post
    Look up in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Eon Masterrrr?????
    Surprise!

Rock Smash on Skarm isn't all that bad due to the defense debuff, despite the poor power. You'll be using Brave Bird most the time anyways.
    Excellent point; since I'm really only going to be using another move against the double-resists to Brave Bird, I might as well go with Rock Smash.

Stone Edge is always an option on Breloom, of course. Facade will scarcely be used since Seed Bomb and Drain Punch (thirded).
    Eh, craptastic accuracy isn't my cup of tea, so no. Will update OP soon.

EDIT: Updated.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 18th May 2013 at 2:55 AM.