Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your least favourite HM?

Default What is your least favourite HM?

Out of all hm's, which one is the dumbest?
    I personally think "Defog" was the dumbest, it was something that should not have been in the game, it had no major purpose. Similar to flash, but I prefer flash because it had a better in-battle purpose.

Defog by far. It was not neccasary to complete diamond, pearl or platinum. It just made it easier to get through a few routes. Plus it was a bad move and required the move deleter to get rid of.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I agree with Defog. And I also hate Whirlpool in GSC/HGSS.

I was about to say Cut because it's not very strong and it can't have super effective damage against anything. I remembered Defog now, lowering evasion is not something I can see myself using. At least it can get rid of Light Screen and Reflect though.

What was the point of Defog really
    Nothing about Fog is cool at all seriously
    oopsie

My questions and thoughts on the HMs (as if you all care)
    Why do Surf and Waterfall summon massive amounts of water in battle while they do nothing but allow passage outside?
    Why is Rock Smash so weak in battle?
    Why is Strength a Normal type move but is shown dropping a rock on the opponent? Should it not just show a strong punch or push?
    I wish Cut was a Fire type HM that burned the trees blocking your path. This is mostly so we can have more than just a million Normal type HMs.
    Does Dive summon water to dive into (same with Dig on water) or am I confused as to what these moves actually do in battle?
    Yeah, Pokémon's cool.

Defogger is absolutely horrible. No use except for making, like, three or so routes available to travel on easier. There was absolutely no other reason for it.

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperstarSwampert View Post
    Out of all hm's, which one is the dumbest?
    I personally think "Defog" was the dumbest, it was something that should not have been in the game, it had no major purpose. Similar to flash, but I prefer flash because it had a better in-battle purpose.
    i can totally agree with you

Defog, Rock Climb (I hate you with a burning passion), Rock Smash, Flash, and Whirpool. Can't stand them XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Defog, Flash and Whirlpool. These are the only right answers. At least Rock Smash and Rock Climb are okay moves.

Defog is by far the worst hm ever! The only use for it was to help clear the view on very few routes. For battle purposes your better off using a different move period for defog is a complete waste of a move slot.
    I accept clones in most cases. I will not accept Hacks. If you RNG I will always accept them, but please let me know they're RNGed.

3DS Friend Code: 4270 1745 5626

Pokemon X IGN: Brimo

I had forgotten about Defog, but yeah, Defog, whirlpool and flash as pretty bad. Of course, now that flash is gone, Defog. I also don't like Dive very much....
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Defog by whaat people have been saying. But I haven't played any pokemon games with the HM defog.
    Flash is probably one of the HM's I hate. I never use it in battle and it only gives u more sight in caves so you know when you might run into a trainer or a find an item.I really dont like flash.
    Cut is probablt themost one I hate. It needs to be deleted by a move deleter (as usual for HM) but it usually is obtained earily in some of the games and the move deleter is about a few gm badges away. Cut doesn't do much damage or help me out at all. I hate cut. Unless I cut a tree and get something cool, otherwise no. I hate cut.
    Also I dont like whirlpool. It didn't do much damage and it doesn't do much still. Even against a fire type it doesnt do good enough damage than my other moves. I had to go catch a bunch of tentacools just so I could not put whirlpool on my starter ferligater. Whirlpool crosing takes a long time too. AT LEAST THERE IS NO WILD ENCOUNTERS... but just when you take another step you usually find another magikarp or something!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    I had forgotten about Defog, but yeah, Defog, whirlpool and flash as pretty bad. Of course, now that flash is gone, Defog. I also don't like Dive very much....
    Flash is a TM now

I dont like Defog, Dive, or Wirlpool

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1624 View Post
    Flash is a TM now

I dont like Defog, Dive, or Wirlpool
    I like dive for its purpose in the out of battle context, but as a move itself...yeah, it wasn't the best.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Defog. The most useless HM. Flash too.

Defog and Flash, so useless. You don't even need to use them to get through the game. I also don't like Rock Climb, but that's required. So lucky they demoted Flash and removed Rock Climb as an HM in Gen 5.

defog, flash, whirlpool, rock smash, and cut.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Cut.... even defog or flash could have a use, in game that is. Cut though is a physical based waste of space and with so many moves normal types for physical damage those little trees that hinder the path are just annoying. If they had a 10000 poke dollar gardening service to perma- remove a tree in the path I would gleefully pay up and consider it a good investment.

Defog, useless in more ways than one. And also rock smash.
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

How are rock smash and cut making it onto the list above flash? You don't even need flash! It doesn't unlock a special part of the route, or items, or anything.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Defog, Cut, Flash, Whirlpool.

Rock Smash has use vs Rock/Normal Gyms in early on.
    Dive has a base power of 80, so it's not horrible. Plus the idea of going under the sea is pretty neat.

Defog is only used in a select few places and has no use in battles.
    Cut is just an irritation. You have a Pokemon that breathes fire, but it needs a machine to teach it how to remove a tiny little tree?
    Flash only lights your path to something rare, and has little use in battle.
    Whirlpool's only benefit is thinking about actually crossing a Whirlpool.

Just to make sure my opinion isn't lost in a sea of others, I'd like to point out that I actually love Flash. Not for any reason over, say, Mud Slap or Sand-Attack, but because of the way I distribute my HMs (I never have an HM Slave. Never have, never will), one of my main guys will always have Flash, and that can be a HUGE help against Legendary Pokemon. After I weaken it to its lowest point where I'm comfortable, I throw as many Flashes as I can at it, and now I can strictly focus on throwing balls while worrying much less about my teams health.

Now for the topic question. Defog can suck my Girafarig.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfangs View Post
    Defog is by far the worst hm ever! The only use for it was to help clear the view on very few routes. For battle purposes your better off using a different move period for defog is a complete waste of a move slot.
    Yeah I hated Defog too, it could only be taught to mostly Pokemon with wings so I hated using it on my beloved Staraptor lol. Also, Cut is pretty useless too since it gets outclassed by other Normal-type attacks.

Flash (When it was a HM)

Defog and Cut are close seconds though..
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast