Thread: Animesols - help making the release of classic series a reality

Default Animesols - help making the release of classic series a reality

Animesols is a newly started site/company that's secured the licenses to various classic series, and will be producing box sets of them if a certain total amount of money pledges are made.
    You put down a certain amount of money for a certain package that includes the box set and various bonus material, and if enough total money is put down, they charge everyone and send them the promised items.
    Put down 40$ here, for instance, and you get the box set and a sticker if the goal is met. Put down an additional 20$, and you get a "character settings" as well.

This is a site well worth supporting, and will probably be the only shot any of these series have at getting a proper release. The series they currently are taking pledges for are New Yatterman (the 2008 series), Blue Blink, Yatterman (the 70s series), Tekkaman (the original 70s series), "24 Hour TV Specials" (a set of 13 movies created for the annual TV program 24HOUR TELEVISION "LOVE SAVES THE EARTH"), Tobikage (aka "Ninja Robots"), Black Jack (the 2004 TV series) and Creamy Mami.

Please vote with your wallets.
    http://animesols.com/
    Last edited by Dephender; 18th May 2013 at 5:28 PM.

Tbh, a lot of those shows are not at all worth $40 bucks bar Black Jack and Creamy Mami and it's sequels.

Hey look at that, it's region locked!

Even if it wasn't, there is a much better alternative in the recently launched daisuki.net, Crunchyroll as well, though that also suffers from region blocked content.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Tbh, a lot of those shows are not at all worth $40 bucks bar Black Jack and Creamy Mami and it's sequels.
    Remember you're not only paying for the shows, but for the possibility of getting the shows in the first place. These are such low-interest sets that they require extensive fan support to even get produced - every single fan and ever single dollar matters. That's what makes them worth a little more than your average set, which is already expected to sell well enough by virtue of actually existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Definitely a crying shame, yes.

Even if it wasn't, there is a much better alternative in the recently launched daisuki.net, Crunchyroll as well, though that also suffers from region blocked content.
    Daisuki reportedly has some region-blocked shows as well.
    Animesols isn't primarily a stream site, though, it's a site for building interest in these shows for the purpose of getting them released. If people don't pledge enough for a show, you're not going to get any further episodes streamed either, since the streams act as previews for the box sets.
    Last edited by Dephender; 18th May 2013 at 5:45 PM.

Looks like it could be a cool idea. Like Jb however, there isn't much so far that actually holds my interest. But there are some old shows I want to see that have absolutely no form of translation, so I probably want to pay some more attention to this.

Crunchyroll mostly plays anime straight out of Japan, this does old stuff. Why would you compare the two? I don't know much about Daisuki, but skimming the website leads me to believe it isn't too different from Crunchyroll.
    Last edited by Zazie; 18th May 2013 at 6:03 PM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    Crunchyroll mostly plays anime straight out of Japan, this does old stuff. Why would you compare the two?
    Because it's a paid service that provides anime, just like this new site.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

This is not a paid service, it's a "store" where you put down the amount of money you're willing to pay for certain packages of currently non-existing box sets. You pay nothing unless the goal is met and the box set is produced, in which case you receive what you paid for.
    The episode streams on the site are previews of the material to be on the box sets, and these are free to watch.

It's a completely different type of site than CR and Daisuki.

I don't know much about Daisuki, but skimming the website leads me to believe it isn't too different from Crunchyroll.
    Daisuki is run by the Japanese companies themselves, and will use a pay-per-episode/series system rather than Crunchyroll's "get access to all restricted content for a month" subscription model, that's the core difference.
    Last edited by Dephender; 18th May 2013 at 6:09 PM.

Again it's not the same anime. Crunchyroll is mostly anime streamed when it's new in Japan. This site is mostly old anime that never made it over here in the first place. You are mostly* getting different programming. Plus, there is the fact that Crunchyroll is a subscription service, Animesol is crowdfunding, where they ask for money to from the public to start projects. Animesol's FAQ states they do not charge you to watch the streaming once they have the fund to pay the licensing costs. (In my region crunchyoll shows can be watched for free too)

The reason it is region locked is because they are buying the rights stream these shows and the rights are purchased on a per region basis. That is pretty ******** stuff, and region exclusive rights wasn't a thing, we probably wouldn't even need a site lik this in the first place.

*Mostly because I think Blackjack might be on crunchyroll

Watch me tumble stuff:

*Mostly because I think Blackjack might be on crunchyroll
    It is. Region locked there too, though.

Anime Sols doesn't interest me (being outside North America), but Daisuki is more exciting because at the moment, the only show on there not available here is Lupin III: Part II, and the poll they put up asking "Which of these anime would you like to watch?" suggests that they're planning on having a variety of new and old shows on the site.

Spoiler:- Here's the list of anime in the poll, if anyone's interested:
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

If they are looking into Stop! Hibari-Kun, I might want to check Daisuki out too. Though the pay per show/episode basis makes me a little wary. (I am hoping it will be a reasonable price, akin to renting from a video store)

Watch me tumble stuff: