Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 421

Thread: Serebii CCAT2

  1. #151
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Up someone's a**crack
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Yeah, thats literally it lol.
    suggested it so you won't win the 2nd nomination
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

    [In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

    RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

    RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Bump..... We came this far; may as well finish.

    When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel the Heat
    Check out my latest RMT

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    55

    Default

    We'll probably need some form of entry hazards as it is an Offensive team, but surely that was implied.

    Check out my RMT!

        Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thesmilingassass View Post
    Hi guys I'm going to try out the masuda method on my favourite pokemon so I need a dieno, zwellios or hydreigon with good ivs that isn't australian, I have good shineys up for trade in return or an awesome australian hydreigon plz help pm me
    Please post this in the trading thread. this isn't the place to ask such things.

    @CosmicPotato I think we have enough nominations now, and the discussion died down a bit. I think we should start voting.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:



  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Please post this in the trading thread. this isn't the place to ask such things.

    @CosmicPotato I think we have enough nominations now, and the discussion died down a bit. I think we should start voting.
    coming in with a last minute nomination

    Terrakion@focus sash
    jolly
    4hp/252 attack/252speed
    -close combat
    -stone edge
    -stealth rocks
    -taunt/swords dance

    Every offensive team needs them hazards and while skarmory is good at getting up both rocks and spikes, it almost always mandates a spin blocker, which can sometimes take away from the offensive tempo of a team (cause lets face it gengar is the only good offensive spin blocker). Terrakion on the other hand only brings rocks which is a key to helping offensive teams check threats such as dragonite, scarfed salamence, agility thunderus, and volcarona. Terrakion has a further edge over skarmory in the way that he puts pressure on the opponent from turn 1, and his high speed lets him function as a solid taunter, stopping most hazard leads like garchomp and skarmory. The focus sash makes sure rocks get up or if you keep hazards off the field allows him to revenge faster threats like +1 dragonite, salamence, volcarona, thunderus, etc.
    He further supports the team as its asking kyurem and kyurem b to destroy it, rotom being an easy set up bait and landorus in fear off being OHKOed, something skarmory cant do (as it dies) and heatran struggles with, in fear of earth power. Terrakion also checks hail and sand, OHKOing both ttar and snow, scares off ninetales, and can cripple politoed. Terrakion also gives us some muscle outside of landorus as well as a way to weaken steels and bait in some stuff that landorus t can set up on like jirachi.



  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all around the mulberry bush
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    coming in with a last minute nomination

    Terrakion@focus sash
    jolly
    4hp/252 attack/252speed
    -close combat
    -stone edge
    -stealth rocks
    -taunt/swords dance

    Every offensive team needs them hazards and while skarmory is good at getting up both rocks and spikes, it almost always mandates a spin blocker, which can sometimes take away from the offensive tempo of a team (cause lets face it gengar is the only good offensive spin blocker). Terrakion on the other hand only brings rocks which is a key to helping offensive teams check threats such as dragonite, scarfed salamence, agility thunderus, and volcarona. Terrakion has a further edge over skarmory in the way that he puts pressure on the opponent from turn 1, and his high speed lets him function as a solid taunter, stopping most hazard leads like garchomp and skarmory. The focus sash makes sure rocks get up or if you keep hazards off the field allows him to revenge faster threats like +1 dragonite, salamence, volcarona, thunderus, etc.
    He further supports the team as its asking kyurem and kyurem b to destroy it, rotom being an easy set up bait and landorus in fear off being OHKOed, something skarmory cant do (as it dies) and heatran struggles with, in fear of earth power. Terrakion also checks hail and sand, OHKOing both ttar and snow, scares off ninetales, and can cripple politoed. Terrakion also gives us some muscle outside of landorus as well as a way to weaken steels and bait in some stuff that landorus t can set up on like jirachi.
    Voting Terrakion because it is the only remotely intelligent suggestion so far.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    coming in with a last minute nomination

    Terrakion@focus sash
    jolly
    4hp/252 attack/252speed
    -close combat
    -stone edge
    -stealth rocks
    -taunt/swords dance

    Every offensive team needs them hazards and while skarmory is good at getting up both rocks and spikes, it almost always mandates a spin blocker, which can sometimes take away from the offensive tempo of a team (cause lets face it gengar is the only good offensive spin blocker). Terrakion on the other hand only brings rocks which is a key to helping offensive teams check threats such as dragonite, scarfed salamence, agility thunderus, and volcarona. Terrakion has a further edge over skarmory in the way that he puts pressure on the opponent from turn 1, and his high speed lets him function as a solid taunter, stopping most hazard leads like garchomp and skarmory. The focus sash makes sure rocks get up or if you keep hazards off the field allows him to revenge faster threats like +1 dragonite, salamence, volcarona, thunderus, etc.
    He further supports the team as its asking kyurem and kyurem b to destroy it, rotom being an easy set up bait and landorus in fear off being OHKOed, something skarmory cant do (as it dies) and heatran struggles with, in fear of earth power. Terrakion also checks hail and sand, OHKOing both ttar and snow, scares off ninetales, and can cripple politoed. Terrakion also gives us some muscle outside of landorus as well as a way to weaken steels and bait in some stuff that landorus t can set up on like jirachi.
    I'll probably be voting this too, since I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I made my nom.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    coming in with a last minute nomination

    Terrakion@focus sash
    jolly
    4hp/252 attack/252speed
    -close combat
    -stone edge
    -stealth rocks
    -taunt/swords dance

    Every offensive team needs them hazards and while skarmory is good at getting up both rocks and spikes, it almost always mandates a spin blocker, which can sometimes take away from the offensive tempo of a team (cause lets face it gengar is the only good offensive spin blocker). Terrakion on the other hand only brings rocks which is a key to helping offensive teams check threats such as dragonite, scarfed salamence, agility thunderus, and volcarona. Terrakion has a further edge over skarmory in the way that he puts pressure on the opponent from turn 1, and his high speed lets him function as a solid taunter, stopping most hazard leads like garchomp and skarmory. The focus sash makes sure rocks get up or if you keep hazards off the field allows him to revenge faster threats like +1 dragonite, salamence, volcarona, thunderus, etc.
    He further supports the team as its asking kyurem and kyurem b to destroy it, rotom being an easy set up bait and landorus in fear off being OHKOed, something skarmory cant do (as it dies) and heatran struggles with, in fear of earth power. Terrakion also checks hail and sand, OHKOing both ttar and snow, scares off ninetales, and can cripple politoed. Terrakion also gives us some muscle outside of landorus as well as a way to weaken steels and bait in some stuff that landorus t can set up on like jirachi.
    I like this. I've used this thing before and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it died pretty quickly. Good nom, though.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:



  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Okay, assuming we go for Sash Lead Terrakion, which I assume we will because it is the suggestion that makes most sense for this team and a lot of people are strongly supporting it, we will promptly become extremely weak to Hydro Pump spam (Rotom can only take like, one Hydro Pump) and we will also be relatively weak to bulky grasses, mainly Celebi. Just something to think of when you provide your suggestions for the next stage.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Well if you're going to go with a dedicated lead, then why not go with something like Aerodactyl. It's pretty underrated in my opinion, as it's faster than terrakion and can also put offensive pressure. It accomplishes the same goal as sash terrak, and it has a more offensively diverse movepool, sporting fire blast, dragon claw, aerial ace, ice fang... etc.

    Garchomp leads, which are fairly common, also completely counter terrakion leads, threatening with EQ and killing off terrakion with rough skin. Not to mention, breloom would now become an even bigger threat to this team. Terrakion's not a terrible choice, but really I think we can do better.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Closing this later tonight 10:00 EST.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    Well if you're going to go with a dedicated lead, then why not go with something like Aerodactyl. It's pretty underrated in my opinion, as it's faster than terrakion and can also put offensive pressure. It accomplishes the same goal as sash terrak, and it has a more offensively diverse movepool, sporting fire blast, dragon claw, aerial ace, ice fang... etc.

    Garchomp leads, which are fairly common, also completely counter terrakion leads, threatening with EQ and killing off terrakion with rough skin. Not to mention, breloom would now become an even bigger threat to this team. Terrakion's not a terrible choice, but really I think we can do better.
    breloom is OHKOed by close combat while terrakion lives mach punch, garchomp is slower and doesnt completely counter terrakion as if it goes for rocks first, terrakion can 2hko it, plus even if he does kill terrakion, terrakion will take a huge chunk out of garchomps hps and then landorus turns it into a set up bait right away, and aerodactyl is outclassed by terrakion because terrakion has 24 more base attack, better typing, and better stabs.



  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    breloom is OHKOed by close combat while terrakion lives mach punch, garchomp is slower and doesnt completely counter terrakion as if it goes for rocks first, terrakion can 2hko it, plus even if he does kill terrakion, terrakion will take a huge chunk out of garchomps hps and then landorus turns it into a set up bait right away, and aerodactyl is outclassed by terrakion because terrakion has 24 more base attack, better typing, and better stabs.
    1.) Terrakion cannot live a technician boosted mach punch with fighting gem (one of loom's most common sets, i might add). Either way, sash terrak is NOT ohkoing breloom lol.

    2.) Garchomp easily ohko's terrakion with EQ, and BECAUSE its slower, terrakion's sash will be broken when it attacks, because of rough skin. And if terrakion sets up rocks first? then it will still be killed the following turn after chomp breaks its sash the first turn. Taunting is the worst play because if chomp EQs, then you pretty much just wasted terrakion completely for rocks. Either way, garchomp comes out on top in every scenario.

    3.) Have you actually used aerodactyl before? A suicide lead doesn't need solid defenses. It's meant to be a realiable lead that gets up stealth rock. Aero performs the job better than any other suicide lead. Not only that, it threatens out most other leads with its wide coverage. Breloom? Aerial Ace. Garchomp? Ice fang. Ferro/Forre? Fire fang. Terrakion? Earthquake. The idea is similar to custap skarm, and it's perfectly viable. Don't immediately knock a pokemon out just because you don't think its good.
    Last edited by Rising Star; 10th June 2013 at 10:12 PM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In A Pine Grove
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    1.) Terrakion cannot live a technician boosted mach punch with fighting gem (one of loom's most common sets, i might add). Either way, sash terrak is NOT ohkoing breloom lol.

    2.) Garchomp easily ohko's terrakion with EQ, and BECAUSE its slower, terrakion's sash will be broken when it attacks, because of rough skin. And if terrakion sets up rocks first? then it will still be killed the following turn after chomp breaks its sash the first turn. Taunting is the worst play because if chomp EQs, then you pretty much just wasted terrakion completely for rocks. Either way, garchomp comes out on top in every scenario.

    3.) Have you actually used aerodactyl before? A suicide lead doesn't need solid defenses. It's meant to be a realiable lead that gets up stealth rock. Aero performs the job better than any other suicide lead. Not only that, it threatens out most other leads with its wide coverage. Breloom? Aerial Ace. Garchomp? Ice fang. Ferro/Forre? Fire fang. Terrakion? Earthquake. The idea is similar to custap skarm, and it's perfectly viable. Don't immediately knock a pokemon out just because you don't think its good.
    You really should respect your piers :] anyways your initial argument was flawed as aero will very rarely ever prove useful as fire blast mainly used for catching forretress offguard is something that has no use when you run taunt. Most forretress only run rapid and volt switch nowadays very rarely do the ever run gyro ball this means that when you taunt forretress as they come in to spin away your hazards assuming you set up rocks first turn you stay in taunt while they rapid spin and then they proceed to volt switch predicting you to switch out. Not to mention coming a base 75 SAtk if I recall fire blast isn't really going to do much against the abundant rain teams. Your other moves you list ice fang and aerial ace have again no business being in aeros moveset. The thing is that aero lacks a good secondary stab outside of stone edge and is hence forced to rely on unstab earthquake. This is where terrakion comes in better hand being able to take on a wider variety of pokemon namely it can now hurt rock, normal, dark, and stell types harder than an unstab earthquake.

    Your argument that terrakion will not ohko any breloom is also flawed as terrakion has a little more than a 33% chance to ohko breloom basically meaning if they lead breloom you should close combat to bring it down to it's potential focus sash as they either mach punch or spore (or bullet seed if their smart). You must factor in that mcdanger said it lives a mach punch because he was factoring in the focus sash he's not a moron for pete sakes. Assuming you can kill breloom that is a huge advantage as you don't have to sack something to it for sleep foughter making it basically immobile for the rest of the game. This then lets you call terrakion back as they send something to revenge kill you if they use priority or are naturally faster so that you can set up stealth rocks later and come in before rocks when your opponent sets up their own rocks.
    252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 235-277 (89.69 - 105.72%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

    Your final argument about garchomp is completely misleading have you yourself ever used a lead sash terrakion? Because you would know that its essentially meant to get stealth rocks up and do some damage and then the following turn it's suppose to die. Assuming your garchomp argument we get up rocks first turn while they earthquake when then go for close combat doing a snug 60% to it therefore killing ourselves and then as Mcdanger also mentioned we simply go into landorus or rotom wash to threaten out or even suprise it with the choice scarf hydro pump. It's ok to let terrakion die it's the way that specific set is meant to be played, its suppose to be reckless. Another thing to note is that garchomp along with terrakion is one of the most common offensive stealth rockers hence if you see no other viable stealth rocker assume that chomp is going to set them up and taunt first turn as they attempt to set up rocks, then set up your own, and finally close combat to kill yourself off.

    252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 204-241 (56.98 - 67.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

    On another note I really like the idea of lead terrak who ever thought it up kutos we should have thought of it earlier.

    |||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Im going to play devil's advocate here, and be against any suicide stealth rock lead. As eaglehawk pointed out a while back, there are two things we should be focusing on atm: spikes and the ability to take on dragon spam. dragon spam being so much offensive pressure we're basically f-ed, even with intimidate, as lando isnt bulky. ferrothorn and skarmory are our most reliable ones who fill that role the best, with my personal favorite being ferrothorn, as iron barbs and the ability to take on most keldeo is great. im not a fan of lead terrakion, just because you arent guaranteed to keep up offensive pressure, and not every person who is going to use this team is going to be offensive enough to keep pressure. if you dont keep up the pressure, your rocks are getting spun, and now youre fighting with 5 pokemon for nothing. im sorry, but i just dont think its a good addition, as not only do i not like the set, i dont think its as flexible to use for some players as other choices are. namely, the "its a team for the newbies" argument.

    Are we going to vote anytime soon? theres really no point in waiting as any good sets have been posted, and we've pretty much found the general basisi for our nominations (hazard[s])

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    Im going to play devil's advocate here, and be against any suicide stealth rock lead. As eaglehawk pointed out a while back, there are two things we should be focusing on atm: spikes and the ability to take on dragon spam. dragon spam being so much offensive pressure we're basically f-ed, even with intimidate, as lando isnt bulky. ferrothorn and skarmory are our most reliable ones who fill that role the best, with my personal favorite being ferrothorn, as iron barbs and the ability to take on most keldeo is great. im not a fan of lead terrakion, just because you arent guaranteed to keep up offensive pressure, and not every person who is going to use this team is going to be offensive enough to keep pressure. if you dont keep up the pressure, your rocks are getting spun, and now youre fighting with 5 pokemon for nothing. im sorry, but i just dont think its a good addition, as not only do i not like the set, i dont think its as flexible to use for some players as other choices are. namely, the "its a team for the newbies" argument.

    Are we going to vote anytime soon? theres really no point in waiting as any good sets have been posted, and we've pretty much found the general basisi for our nominations (hazard[s])
    While what you said about not all people being crazy about offensive pressure may be true, we did choose offense as our play style, and in this meta any offensive team must keep pressure if it doesn't want to get run over by other offensive teams.

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    under the scarlet sky
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    1.) Terrakion cannot live a technician boosted mach punch with fighting gem (one of loom's most common sets, i might add). Either way, sash terrak is NOT ohkoing breloom lol.

    2.) Garchomp easily ohko's terrakion with EQ, and BECAUSE its slower, terrakion's sash will be broken when it attacks, because of rough skin. And if terrakion sets up rocks first? then it will still be killed the following turn after chomp breaks its sash the first turn. Taunting is the worst play because if chomp EQs, then you pretty much just wasted terrakion completely for rocks. Either way, garchomp comes out on top in every scenario.

    3.) Have you actually used aerodactyl before? A suicide lead doesn't need solid defenses. It's meant to be a realiable lead that gets up stealth rock. Aero performs the job better than any other suicide lead. Not only that, it threatens out most other leads with its wide coverage. Breloom? Aerial Ace. Garchomp? Ice fang. Ferro/Forre? Fire fang. Terrakion? Earthquake. The idea is similar to custap skarm, and it's perfectly viable. Don't immediately knock a pokemon out just because you don't think its good.
    1. never said aero was bad, i use it a lot in RU, however, all the checks for terrakion beat aero too, its defense are to low to live a fighting gem mach punch, garchomp phazes it, basically making it useless, latios OHKOs, only difference between terrakion and aerodactyl is speed and earthquake, also it fails to KO terrakion with earthquake iirc (damage calculator isnt working).

    2. I ment if garchomp uses rocks, terrakion will can KO it before it does, most garchomp leads arnt threatened by terrakion, putting more pressure on the terrakion player to get rocks up, making it a fairly safe move to put up rocks with garchomp.

    Lets stop this here as i believe it borders flaming which wont end good for anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post

    On another note I really like the idea of lead terrak who ever thought it up kutos we should have thought of it earlier.
    that would be me



  18. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    While what you said about not all people being crazy about offensive pressure may be true, we did choose offense as our play style, and in this meta any offensive team must keep pressure if it doesn't want to get run over by other offensive teams.
    i stated that wrong :[ yes, offensive pressure is amazing. however, i dont like sacrificing reliablity, the ability to set up sr again later in the match if need be, for pressure. especially when you have to always look at worst case scenario. suppose you get rocks out. you then spend the entire game playing hide and seek with their spinner, at one point, their spinner will succeed. then, you are down a terrakion and for what? nothing. terrakion just doesnt have dependability/reliability. it cant repeatedly come in to set up sr if need be. it doesnt have the bulk. no suicide lead does, hence, suicide. thats the main point, not that not everyone is for massive offensive pressure. i apologize if i didnt state it clear :[

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Irresistiville
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    i stated that wrong :[ yes, offensive pressure is amazing. however, i dont like sacrificing reliablity, the ability to set up sr again later in the match if need be, for pressure. especially when you have to always look at worst case scenario. suppose you get rocks out. you then spend the entire game playing hide and seek with their spinner, at one point, their spinner will succeed. then, you are down a terrakion and for what? nothing. terrakion just doesnt have dependability/reliability. it cant repeatedly come in to set up sr if need be. it doesnt have the bulk. no suicide lead does, hence, suicide. thats the main point, not that not everyone is for massive offensive pressure. i apologize if i didnt state it clear :[
    Yeah now i get what you're saying. You don't have to sack him though. You can lead with something else, bring him in later and force a switch during which you set up rocks, and he can be switched make out and use again whether to get rocks up or sweep.

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    all around the mulberry bush
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    3.) Have you actually used aerodactyl before? A suicide lead doesn't need solid defenses. It's meant to be a realiable lead that gets up stealth rock. Aero performs the job better than any other suicide lead. Not only that, it threatens out most other leads with its wide coverage. Breloom? Aerial Ace. Garchomp? Ice fang. Ferro/Forre? Fire fang. Terrakion? Earthquake. The idea is similar to custap skarm, and it's perfectly viable. Don't immediately knock a pokemon out just because you don't think its good.
    Did you seriously just suggest Aerial Ace Aerodactyl over Lead Sash Terrakion.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    Did you seriously just suggest Aerial Ace Aerodactyl over Lead Sash Terrakion.
    flaming gets us nowhere :[ or even comments to instigate a flame war.

    as to contrail, yeah you can do that. but how long is it going to take for terra to get worn down? especially as common as rain is. i believe that something more stable should be added, rather than "high risk high reward". right now, at this stage, i dont believe that terra is a good fit. maybe when we actually finish the team and move on to the rmt part, ill reconsider, but sash lead terra has never been a pokemon i added mid way through, due to reasons already stated

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    You really should respect your piers :] anyways your initial argument was flawed as aero will very rarely ever prove useful as fire blast mainly used for catching forretress offguard is something that has no use when you run taunt. Most forretress only run rapid and volt switch nowadays very rarely do the ever run gyro ball this means that when you taunt forretress as they come in to spin away your hazards assuming you set up rocks first turn you stay in taunt while they rapid spin and then they proceed to volt switch predicting you to switch out. Not to mention coming a base 75 SAtk if I recall fire blast isn't really going to do much against the abundant rain teams. Your other moves you list ice fang and aerial ace have again no business being in aeros moveset. The thing is that aero lacks a good secondary stab outside of stone edge and is hence forced to rely on unstab earthquake. This is where terrakion comes in better hand being able to take on a wider variety of pokemon namely it can now hurt rock, normal, dark, and stell types harder than an unstab earthquake.

    Your argument that terrakion will not ohko any breloom is also flawed as terrakion has a little more than a 33% chance to ohko breloom basically meaning if they lead breloom you should close combat to bring it down to it's potential focus sash as they either mach punch or spore (or bullet seed if their smart). You must factor in that mcdanger said it lives a mach punch because he was factoring in the focus sash he's not a moron for pete sakes. Assuming you can kill breloom that is a huge advantage as you don't have to sack something to it for sleep foughter making it basically immobile for the rest of the game. This then lets you call terrakion back as they send something to revenge kill you if they use priority or are naturally faster so that you can set up stealth rocks later and come in before rocks when your opponent sets up their own rocks.
    252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Breloom: 235-277 (89.69 - 105.72%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

    Your final argument about garchomp is completely misleading have you yourself ever used a lead sash terrakion? Because you would know that its essentially meant to get stealth rocks up and do some damage and then the following turn it's suppose to die. Assuming your garchomp argument we get up rocks first turn while they earthquake when then go for close combat doing a snug 60% to it therefore killing ourselves and then as Mcdanger also mentioned we simply go into landorus or rotom wash to threaten out or even suprise it with the choice scarf hydro pump. It's ok to let terrakion die it's the way that specific set is meant to be played, its suppose to be reckless. Another thing to note is that garchomp along with terrakion is one of the most common offensive stealth rockers hence if you see no other viable stealth rocker assume that chomp is going to set them up and taunt first turn as they attempt to set up rocks, then set up your own, and finally close combat to kill yourself off.

    252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 204-241 (56.98 - 67.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

    On another note I really like the idea of lead terrak who ever thought it up kutos we should have thought of it earlier.
    Sorry if i came off as rude or angry, I'm really not trying to be, I just like to be serious for the sake of debating.

    First off, I'm not saying that yes we should definitely use Aero, I was trying to refute McDanger's previous statement that "aerodactyl is outclassed by terrakion because terrakion has 24 more base attack, better typing, and better stabs."

    Let me clarify a few points...

    Yes, terrakion clearly has a higher base atk, but where aero lacks in attacking power, he makes up for with higher speed and wider coverage. Its moveset can be tailored to better suit eliminating threats to our team, you don't have to include all the coverage moves that I mentioned. For example, running aerial ace for lead breloom, which is a huge threat to our team. Also, yes using taunt is logical, but I'd rather cripple their hazard setter/potential spinner immediately before they use gyro, volt switch, scald, etc. In regards to terrakion ohkoing breloom, I meant lead breloom with sash (sorry that was not clear). Finally, yes I have used sash terrakion before, and i'm not saying it's bad, i just think that if we were to use a sash lead, aero would benefit the team more. It really is dependent on the situation though, and each will be better for different scenarios so there's not right or wrong.

    @McDanger: My apologies man, I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I get a little defensive when "theorymon-ing ". Lead terrakion is definitely a good idea, though. No hard feelings right? :]

    @CrazyRussian: Seconded... to everything you said lol
    Last edited by Rising Star; 11th June 2013 at 1:47 AM.

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    109

    Default

    I freaking love aerodactyl. I will vote for it if it has specs lol.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Well if we're voting now, I vote Taunt Terrakion.
    Last edited by HeyI'mChubby; 11th June 2013 at 2:36 AM.

    Check out my RMT!

        Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post

    3.) Have you actually used aerodactyl before? A suicide lead doesn't need solid defenses

    He's right, actually. Remember 4th gen Azelf? It was the epitome of suicide leads, and 70/70/70 bulk isn't anything to write home about.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •