Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii CCAT2

Considering we're all on the wagon for Terrakion, I'm going to throw in Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    Nature: Adamant (+ Att / - SpA)
    252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Stealth Rock

This kind of works the same as Terrakion. The only difference is that it has Ice Shard to better check Dragons, an issue this team has right now.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Smh... Bump...Again. Lets get on with it. Haha.

Cosmic Potato: Is it voting time now? It's really time to get on to the next member of the team.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel theHeat
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Okay, with permission from Cosmic Potato I will be running this from now on. The voting period will begin now and it will last for 1 week, or until it has been 24 hours since the last vote. I will have this post updated with all the entries within the next few minutes.

Nominations:

Roserade
    Mienshao
    Ferrothorn
    Heatran
    Specs Magnezone
    Sub Magnezone
    Heracross
    Scizor - 1
    Terrakion - 10
    Mamoswine - 2

Voting for Terrakion.
    Last edited by Sparkbeat; 19th June 2013 at 6:45 PM.

I like Terrakion.

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Voting for Terrakion.
    Last edited by Skarm™; 19th June 2013 at 8:20 PM.

~Credits to myself~

I vote for Scizor, thus completes the syerngy of the team. Not like we can't add hazards later on.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel theHeat
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

I'm going for Mamoswine because it gets hazards up and checks Dragons primarily but many other significant threats as well.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    Voting Terrakion because it is the only remotely intelligent suggestion so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    I'll probably be voting this too (Terrakion), since I have no idea what the hell I was thinking when I made my nom.
    Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    I like this (Terrakion). I've used this thing before and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it died pretty quickly. Good nom, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyI'mChubby View Post
    Well if we're voting now, I vote Taunt Terrakion.

Unless votes from before today don't count, in which case I'll re-vote Terrakion. You voted Mamoswine, so I'm not surprised you discredited a bunch of Terrakion votes. Mamoswine is slow, relatively frail, and only seems useful for checking Dragons (whom it can't really even switch in on). LO Mamoswine is shitty at setting up rocks because it is way too slow to compete with an offensive team which are by FAR the most common. Getting up rocks in many cases will be impossible, or done at the cost of Mamoswine's life.

Sash Terrakion is an amazing lead. It creates pressure on all team types, nearly guaranteeing a kill and Stealth Rocks if played right. If your opponent tries to counter Terrakion with Gliscor, Skarmory, or Hippowdon? +2 hits devastate them, putting them in KO range for Landorus. Sash Terrakion can stay in on Lati@s, dealing a big hit before going down, preventing them from doing much to Rotom W. Terrakion also fits the original theme of offense better than Mamoswine. While Mamo does this as well its low speed and frailty means it will be of little use against offense besides spamming Ice Shards. The team is already slow and frail, do we really want another weak ground type?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    Unless votes from before today don't count, in which case I'll re-vote Terrakion. You voted Mamoswine, so I'm not surprised you discredited a bunch of Terrakion votes. Mamoswine is slow, relatively frail, and only seems useful for checking Dragons (whom it can't really even switch in on). LO Mamoswine is shitty at setting up rocks because it is way too slow to compete with an offensive team which are by FAR the most common. Getting up rocks in many cases will be impossible, or done at the cost of Mamoswine's life.

Sash Terrakion is an amazing lead. It creates pressure on all team types, nearly guaranteeing a kill and Stealth Rocks if played right. If your opponent tries to counter Terrakion with Gliscor, Skarmory, or Hippowdon? +2 hits devastate them, putting them in KO range for Landorus. Sash Terrakion can stay in on Lati@s, dealing a big hit before going down, preventing them from doing much to Rotom W. Terrakion also fits the original theme of offense better than Mamoswine. While Mamo does this as well its low speed and frailty means it will be of little use against offense besides spamming Ice Shards. The team is already slow and frail, do we really want another weak ground type?
    People had originally posted sets, changed their noms, changed their votes, etc. so it would have been too much trouble to go back and count previous votes. I also didn't notice that Mamoswine wasn't Focus Sash lead so I'm changing my vote to Terrakion.

Voting for Terrakion.
    Last edited by Hakallowin; 18th June 2013 at 10:07 PM.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

I`ll vote strategically, cause I don`t think anything besides terra or mamo can still win. I`ll vote for terrakion
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Lead Terrakion

Lead Terrakion

Terrakion nuff said

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

aww there goes my set

bandwagoning with terrakion even though imo Mamoswine is a stronger choice
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Focus Sash Terrakion all the way.

Lead Terrakion
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Next round, start nominating.

Nominating the beauty

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Giga Drain / HP [Ice/Ground]
    - Quiver Dance

While Volcarona adds in a weakness of stealth rock to to them, it can more then handle itself well. At +2 it can pretty much sweep most of the meta game, and deal with annoying problems (I meant Ferrothorn) such as Jira, Celebi, most rain teams, and at +2 the ever so annoying Keldeo. Volc synergies well with Rotom forming two out of three of an FWG core, which while are commonly used at times, they are quite effective. Bug Stab allows the team to deal with threats like Alakazam and the Latis. it also makes T-Tar warry to switch in, not to include the rest of the team. It can also deal with the various ice types that are the bane of Landy's existence. Volcarona checks pretty much the major weaknesses of the team, and the team can deal with it's counters such as Heatran.

Life Orb allows Volc to hit like a truck, and due to the recovery Giga Drain adds to Volc, it allows Volc to be a self-sufficient set up sweeper once it gets going. The EVS of this set were designed to emphasize it's special sweeping capabilities, modest being used over timid to give it the extre edge in firepower. While some may argue Fire Blast or Flamethrower is a better alternative, Fiery Dance has a nice chance of boosting Volc's special attack, which is a great boon to the fiery moth. Bug Buzz is the standard secondary stab preferred to eradicate Celebi, Psychics, and those who take neutral hits from it such as Garchomp. Giga Drain really wrecks things up, giving rain teams who think they're safe against Volc a run for there money, and can stop some of it's counters dead cold. Though it does leave Volc weak to Dragonite/Mance and Tran, which the team already can handle quite well. HP Ice is obvious for dealing with D-Nite, who can OHKO after a Dragon Dance. HP Ground if for Tran, while is a good check to Volc, it itself can't touch Volc after a couple of boosts unless Tran is using an offensive set. Quiver Dance is obvious as it should be the only reason you should be using Volc.
    Last edited by Lost™; 22nd June 2013 at 3:44 PM.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Nominating the beauty

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance
    - Giga Drain / HP [Ice/Ground]
    - Quiver Dance

While Volcarona adds in a weakness of stealth rock to to them, it can more then handle itself well. At +2 it can pretty much sweep most of the meta game, and deal with annoying problems (I meant Ferrothorn) such as Jira, Celebi, most rain teams, and at +2 the ever so annoying Keldeo. Volc synergies well with Rotom forming two out of three of an FWG core, which while are commonly used at times, they are quite effective. Bug Stab allows the team to deal with threats like Alakazam and the Latis. it also makes T-Tar warry to switch in, not to include the rest of the team. It can also deal with the various ice types that are the bane of Landy's existence. Volcarona checks pretty much the major weaknesses of the team, and the team can deal with it's counters such as Heatran.

Life Orb allows Volc to hit like a truck, and due to the recovery Giga Drain adds to Volc, it allows Volc to be a self-sufficient set up sweeper once it gets going. The EVS of this set were designed to emphasize it's special sweeping capabilities, modest being used over timid to give it the extre edge in firepower. While some may argue Fire Blast or Flamethrower is a better alternative, Fiery Dance has a nice chance of boosting Volc's special attack, which is a great boon to the fiery moth. Bug Buzz is the standard secondary stab preferred to eradicate Celebi, Psychics, and those who take neutral hits from it such as Garchomp. Giga Drain really wrecks things up, giving rain teams who think they're safe against Volc a run for there money, and can stop some of it's counters dead cold. Though it does leave Volc weak to Dragonite/Mance and Tran, which the team already can handle quite well. HP Ice is obvious for dealing with D-Nite, who can OHKO after a Dragon Dance. HP Ground if for Tran, while is a good check to Volc, it itself can't touch Volc after a couple of boosts unless Tran is using an offensive set. Quiver Dance is obvious as it should be the only reason you should be using Volc.
    Fully agreeing with this set except:

Giga Drain > HP Ground/Ice because the team and possibly our spinner (if we have one) can take dragons (you all know which spinner I mean) that aren't scarfed and hopefully haven't gotten a boost. Also if you don't run Giga Drain, Jellicent says hi to this team with Recover and Toxic, and even Rotom-W's STAB electric move does around 40-60 iirc (calculator is down atm) and it can just heal it off. You may think Giga Drain eliminates the need for Leftovers, but I've used Volc many times and it doesn't always.

Leftovers > Life Orb because if you take a weak hit to QD, you'll be at around 80%. Then you sweep and risk losing around 40-60% of your health. Scizor and his priority friends say hello and then OHKO Volcarona. Leftovers lets you heal off priority damage and stay around longer, and imo it doesn't really matter because Quiver Dance boost. Also, with Leftovers, you can bluff a bulky set, which means you don't run Giga Drain. The opponent will send in a water type then, thinking you'll try and use Bug or Fire moves and they can take a hit, then cripple you with a Water move. You'll actually hit them with Giga Drain, which OHKOs them and restores some HP.

The new set should look like this:

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Fiery Dance (dat SpA boost)
    - Giga Drain
    - Bug Buzz

~Credits to myself~

Skam's set is actually the one I use all the time with Volcarona, I'll just second that one.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

if youre going to use volc to deal with celebi/ferrothorn/etc, Lum Berry and Fire Blast over current sets. you dont want to switch into a toxic or thunder wave or something. and fire blast allows it to ohko ferro in rain iirc. the boost is pretty much negligible with QD

Don't have time to post sets now, but I think scarf Gengar might be a very good addition to the team. Please comment with what you think, and if everyone thinks it won't work, there's no point in posting the set. The pros of scarf gengar are quite easy: spinblocking, OHKOing Starmie, revenge killing scarf Keldeo and basically every other scarfer besides Latios, Starmie and other Gengar, which you speed tie with, which isn't too bad. If you win the speed tie, you OHKO all (Latios after SR, which we are kind of guaranteed of having up with lead terra). So, again, if you think scarf gengar is the most awesome addition to the team that was ever possible (or you just think it might very well work), please say so, so I know whether I have to nominate it officially or not.

EDIT: Oh, and of course this pretty calc:

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 236+ SpD Celebi: 192-228 (47.52 - 56.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Something not many special attackers can say.
    Last edited by Manectrifier; 22nd June 2013 at 11:12 PM.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Honestly if we are going to use volcarona without dual screens I'm assuming you need to run a more defensive spread this enables it to defeat some of its key counters and get a potent sweep going it can also be used mid game to blast through some of landos key counters such as defensive celebii, and even defensive rotom wash.

@ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
    Bug Buzz
    Fiery Dance
    Quiver Dance
    Roost / Rest

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Please do not pick Volcarona (yet). Please ACTUALLY THINK instead of just suggesting a random sweeper "because it's strong" or bandwagoning on what someone else said. Volcarona is an absolutely ****ing terrible choice for this team right now. Let me explain why.

- Volcarona will force us to run some sort of water resist (sorry but ****ing Rotom W is not going to be a sole check against Rain teams). Volc will further add to our Keldeo weakness.
    - This team is picked apart by Dragons badly as it is. Granted Volc can set up on -2 Meteors and isn't stopped easily by Lati@s but if the opposing team isn't weak to +1 Volc to the point that it ends the game this won't be particularly useful.
    - Volc forces us to run a spinner.
    - I can't think of anything Volc lures in and beats or damages that would help Landorus sweep. It does not assist the team goal. Saying Volcarona beats Landorus's counters like Celebi or Skarmory is retarded. Who the **** counters Volc with a Celebi / Skarmory?

While it was understandable to not worry about it early on, at some point we should worry about team synergy. If we ignore it now we will eventually have one or two slots left and just struggle to pick off the major weaknesses remaining with just a few Pokemon.

Anyhow I suggest Life Orb Latias with Meteor / Psyshock / HP Fire / Recover. Checks Rain, Keldeo, Landorus, Rotom W, and Gliscor. Blah blah blah.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast