Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii CCAT2

Voting Scizor

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

CBTtar for me.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Voting CB TTar.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

hmmm....CB or Ebelt Tar..... I'll go for CB Tyranitar, as the sheer power sounds appealing. If Tar gets chosen, the last mon should be a steel type though. Preferably one that can take a hydro pump too. I mean, Latias doesn't like the LO and sandstorm damage when it's supposed to switch into strong Hydro Pumps (And Thunders. And Flamethrowers. And Psyshocks. And a lot more). I think the specially defensive Jirachi is a good mon for the last slot. But anyway, first this round.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Cb tyrannitar

Scarf Heatran
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Voting for CB Ttar

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Scarf Heatran
    There is no Scarf Heatran .-.

I think the Band Tyranitar + Band Scizor combo would do well in finishing off the last two slots. I'd prefer we go ahead and get Scizor done now in case there's a bandwagon for some other unmentioned addition in the next round, but in an effort to keep from splitting the vote (alongside the fact that Scizor looks to be pretty outnumbered), I'll go ahead and vote for Choice Band Tyranitar for this round.

Scizor next, please.

Band TTar.

Nominating Band Scizor for the 6th poke.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Voting CB TTar.
    Wow you got hacked hard.

Anyway, I tried what Jesus tried before and it worked wonderfully. Voting CBTater

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Hey guys, haven't checked up on this in a while. I'm liking what you guys have so far. Going to go ahead and nominate CB t-tar cause this is definitely looking like a sand team and the residual damage is nice to weaken mons and potentially break sashes.

-Edit- Looking at the team now though, i'd probably use sandslash over lando-t to be honest because the team looks like it could use a spinner, but seeing as the CCAT is based off lando-t it's a bit late for that...

-Edit2- Yeaahh.. really late on this but can somebody please explain the EV spread on Latias? 72 HP just seems kinda random to me. Why not just go with max Sp.Atk? I'm sure it has some purpose but I can't figure it out (it's not on smogon either).. and i'm too lazy to read through all the past posts. I just wanted to go ahead and test some stuff out myself.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rising Star; 13th July 2013 at 1:15 AM.

CB Tyranitar wins, start nominating.

CB Scizor.

Nominating for all the reasons in my various previous posts.
    Last edited by Shiny Magmortar; 13th July 2013 at 6:26 AM.

I nominate CS Flygon

"Well I'm walking by the red light
    Gonna find me all that I'm owed
    And I know where I'm gonna be then
    When the red light's gonna shine on me"

We could use Bulky SD Scizor, perhaps. This would give us only two Pokémon with Choice items on the team and one CB user; as opposed to two.

Nominating Bulky SD Scizor.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    CB Scizor.

Nominating for all the reasons in my various previous posts.
    Backing this and quoting myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Scizor @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Bullet Punch
    -U-turn
    -Superpower
    -Quick Attack / Pursuit

I pretty much already explained why I feel this would be a good addition. It's a good emergency switch-in to random Dragon attacks, and it checks a wide number of Pokemon with Bullet Punch and Quick Attack, which lets us keep opposing sweepers at bay until we can find room to set up with our own sweeper. I prefer Quick Attack in that last slot since it offers a bit of extra offensive utility. For example, Quick Attack lets Scizor OHKO offensive Volcarona most of the time after Stealth Rock, and it does a considerable amount to other Steel-resistant sweepers such as Thundurus-T and Gyarados. Pursuit could work too, in case you want to go ahead and remove that Latios you just switched into and probably forced out. It's a bit more situational, though, and it would be pretty redundant if we actually get Tyranitar in the next round (I know that's thinking ahead a bit much, but oh well).

backing CB scizor

Backing CB Scizor also (need a steel type) is one of the most obvious reason why we need scizor, but it also helps gain momentum with U-Turn and revenge kills with Bullet Punch.

Really, this is probably over already as almost everyone is backing Scizor. I'll suggest something anyway, to give Scizor at least some competition.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    Careful nature
    EVs: 252 Hp/ 220 SDef/ 36 Spd
    - Iron Head
    - Protect/ U-turn
    - Wish
    - Body Slam

If Tar gets chosen, the last mon should be a steel type. Preferably one that can take a hydro pump too. I mean, Latias doesn't like the LO and sandstorm damage when it's supposed to switch into strong Hydro Pumps (And Thunders. And Flamethrowers. And Psyshocks. And a lot more). I think specially defensive Jirachi is a decent option for the last slot.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Voting for CB scizor.

Also, can somebody please answer my question about the EVs on Latias? It makes no sense to run 72 hp EVs, when you can just simply run max sp. atk instead. The loss of power for 72 extra hp EVs really doesnt accomplish anything. In fact, max sp. atk latias can potentially 2hko blissey with psyshock after SR while the current spread cannot.
    Last edited by Rising Star; 14th July 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    Nominating CB scizor.

Also, can somebody please answer my question about the EVs on Latias? It makes no sense to run 72 hp EVs, when you can just simply run max sp. atk instead. The loss of power for 72 extra hp EVs really doesnt accomplish anything. In fact, max sp. atk latias can potentially 2hko blissey with psyshock after SR while the current spread cannot.
    It has already been nominated .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    Nominating CB scizor.

I suggested LO Latias but I didn't suggest an EV spread. I assumed we would just use Max / max but I guess someone else throw in that spread and no one contested it. I think the spread is supposed to survive LO Landorus's HP Ice after rocks or something but who knows.

We can fix the EVs once the RMT stage starts. Don't worry, they will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    I suggested LO Latias but I didn't suggest an EV spread. I assumed we would just use Max / max but I guess someone else throw in that spread and no one contested it. I think the spread is supposed to survive LO Landorus's HP Ice after rocks or something but who knows.

We can fix the EVs once the RMT stage starts. Don't worry, they will be fixed.
    Gotcha, thanks for answering mah question Magmortar. :]

Okay. Maybe it's a bit too early too start throwing it out there, but I've tried the CBTar and CBScizor iteration of the team, and so far it's doing well (16-5). However, I find that this team doesn't handle Sub + DD Gyarados very well, despite having Rotom-W and a crapton of Rock coverage. I don't know whether or not it's just that i was playing too carelessly or not, but it's definitely something I find bothersome. Also, on a side note, every time I try to Revenge Sub + DD Gyarados without the Sub, Stone Edge tends to fail and cause a sweep.

[In Clan Memoriam]
    Memories are eternal.

Survival isn't eternal

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast