Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii CCAT2

Mixed Hydreigon

Check out my RMT!

Spoiler:- Team Induhbut (An NU Sun Team):

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I'm voting for Specially Defensive Celebi for the following reasons:
    - Checks rain very well. Even counters some threats very well.
    - Effectively checks most versions of Keldeo (except for ridiculous things such as Specs HP Bug)
    - Effectively checks Landorus-I (HP-Ice does insignificant damage)

At least the metagame big 3 are covered with Celebi. However, the following things need to be covered:
    - Some problematic Steel-types, specifically Skarmory and Scizor
    - Dragons, especially Scarf Kyurem (B).
    - Mamoswine
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Scarf Rotom-W set
    This.
    Mainly because out of all choices, this is one provides perfect synergy with Lando-T.
    Lando-T hates Mamo, Gliscor, Skarmory, Vaporeon, Wobbuffet, and Defensive Politoed. Scarf Rotom-W can destroy them easily.

I like SubCM Rachi

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Can I vote for my own set? Specially Defensive Rotom-W. Scarf is also good, but Lando really appreciates the slower volt switch.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

I don't know if this is the right thread for disagreeing, but anyway:
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakBae View Post
    This.
    Mainly because out of all choices, this is one provides perfect synergy with Lando-T.
    Lando-T hates Mamo, Gliscor, Skarmory, Vaporeon, Wobbuffet, and Defensive Politoed. Scarf Rotom-W can destroy them easily.
    To be honest, Scarf Rotom-W doesn't glue quite well with a Dual Dance Lando-T. Granted its a decent Revenge Killer, the fact that it gets locked into a move makes his job for Lando-T kind of restricted. Bulky, Defensive, and even some Life Orb versions of Rotom-W glue better with Lando-T because of its ability to tank hits and be able to switch moves to effectively threaten Lando's counters.

I'm not saying that Scarf Rotom-W is bad, it's just that it has the least amount of synergy with Lando-T and predicting switch-ins and whatnot is pretty hard when you get constantly locked into one move.
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I like SubCM Rachi
    SubCM rachi is cool, but I really don't see that strong of a synergy between them. You can only check a limited number of things with 2 moves. They both share a weakness to Lando-I, rain, and Mamoswine. Furthermore, CM Jirachi is incredibly weak from the get-go and needs a boost to be somewhat competent. Its best attacks for working with Lando-T, Thunder and Water Pulse, are pretty lackluster outside of rain tbh, and if you try to run any other combo of offensive moves, at least one category of Lando-T counters is sure to counter you.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

To be honest, Scarf Rotom-W doesn't glue quite well with a Dual Dance Lando-T. Granted its a decent Revenge Killer, the fact that it gets locked into a move makes his job for Lando-T kind of restricted. Bulky, Defensive, and even some Life Orb versions of Rotom-W glue better with Lando-T because of its ability to tank hits and be able to switch moves to effectively threaten Lando's counters.

I'm not saying that Scarf Rotom-W is bad, it's just that it has the least amount of synergy with Lando-T and predicting switch-ins and whatnot is pretty hard when you get constantly locked into one move.
    The main reason I suggested scarf isn't for revenger killing (Look at the EV's, bulky attacker not scarf). Its main objective is to Trick Ferrothorn or Skarmory, so they can't wall Landorus-T effectively. He also has fantastic synergy.

I agree with Eaglehawk. Specially Defensive Rotom-W, but I might change it to celebi. Contrail can't win every single nomination lol. I saw the EVs and while scarf tricking is annoying, I think burn is generally more useful and consistent.
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

Except burn doesnt cripple Blissey. Burn doesnt cripple Latias. Burn can't cripple bulky variants of celebi.

Two of those are of serious threat to a landorus-therian sweep. both of those, celebi being prominent among the two, can be set up upon with ease, while all three are extremely common switchins to rotom-w.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    Contrail can't win every single nomination lol.
    That's what you think

Contrail is too OP =[ How about Wobbuffet because it's underrated but does an amazing job at checking any threat?

~Credits to myself~

Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Contrail is too OP =[ How about Wobbuffet because it's underrated but does an amazing job at checking any threat?
    because it fails against any competent player.

SDEef Celebi

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

^this. This is why I voted for sp. defensive Rotom. I also think we need a faster scarfer, as 86 Bspeed is not too much. We'll get outsped by nearly all scarfers.

Even though we still only got one member, I already like this team
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

ScarfTom does worse against bulky politoed, because he protects and can scout you out. I assume we will add other ways to deal with celebi, bliss is set up fodder. Pairing a U-turn user (not necessarily Scizor) with rotom will solve our issue. Celebi can baton pass but if we keep up pressure with hazards it won't be a problem.

If I can change vote, can I change from SubCM Jirachi to Specially Defensive Celebi

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    ^this. This is why I voted for sp. defensive Rotom. I also think we need a faster scarfer, as 86 Bspeed is not too much. We'll get outsped by nearly all scarfers.

Even though we still only got one member, I already like this team
    i dont think you guys get what contrail's scarf rotom is intended to do. IIRC it has zero investment in speed. its supposed to be bulky, and lure in counters to both rotom and landorus, and cripple them with trick. Look at the evs, those are not revenge killing evs. i think you and eaglehawk just saw rotom-w @Choice scarf and assumed from there.

@cosmic potato, you cant just classify contrail's set as scarf rotom, as it will lead everyone to assume the wrong set. js

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    i dont think you guys get what contrail's scarf rotom is intended to do. IIRC it has zero investment in speed. its supposed to be bulky, and lure in counters to both rotom and landorus, and cripple them with trick. Look at the evs, those are not revenge killing evs. i think you and eaglehawk just saw rotom-w @Choice scarf and assumed from there.

@cosmic potato, you cant just classify contrail's set as scarf rotom, as it will lead everyone to assume the wrong set. js
    ^ you hit the nail on the head dark that rotom wash in practice is amazing it just does so well at crippling stall as the opponent fails to figure out its ctually bulky. I do agree that cosmic you shouldnt classify scarf rotom with trick as inferior to w o w bulky tom unless youve triedit out.

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Voice Of The Forest View Post
    ^ you hit the nail on the head dark that rotom wash in practice is amazing it just does so well at crippling stall as the opponent fails to figure out its ctually bulky. I do agree that cosmic you shouldnt classify scarf rotom with trick as inferior to w o w bulky tom unless youve triedit out.
    I have. It isn't consistent and is easier to beat all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Potato View Post
    I have. It isn't consistent and is easier to beat all around.
    Did you use the standard scarf ev spread or the bulky one I have?

somewhat bulky, different EVs but lots of HP, some SpA, some SDef, and a little speed.

Wondering: should I restart this vote with only scarf rotom, SDef rotom, and SDef celebi?? this is a pretty critical stage so I think I am going to.

Can you please not say "scarf rotom"? That implies full speed and SpA and an entirely different role than Sparky's set.

but yes, that would be ideal, especially so now we've found the top three votes.

if we do, my vote still goes to Sparky's Bulky Scarf Rotom

Re-vote. The options are

"Rotom 1"
    Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Pain Split / Signal Beam
    - Trick

"Rotom-2"
    Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpA / 224 SpD / 4 Spe
    Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-o-Wisp
    - Pain Split

"Celebi"
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 220 SDef / 252 HP / 36 Spd
    Gentle Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Thunder Wave

All previous votes discounted. Do not refer to users, refer to (extremely creative) set names. Bold as usual.

Rotom 1 nuff said

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Rotom-1 nuff said

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast