Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii CCAT2

I'm gonna assume that now would be a cool time to leave here this nomination:

Spoiler:- Bulky Attacker:

I use this set personally and have found it to have a large amount of synergy with the already positive members of the team.

Spoiler:- Nasty Plot:

Need I explain how this set is offensive? Once it's set up Nasty Plot, it can follow up with a pretty easy sweep most of the time.

Spoiler:- Standard Offensive:

Similar to that of the Bulky Offensive variant set, this set was taken straight from Smogon. From the description on the site, "It takes advantage of Celebi's good bulk and SAtk, tranforming it into an offensive tank".

Overall, Celebi adds to the team a solid check to Keldeo(whom keeps recurring as a mentioned threat) and a wide variety of Rain teams. Sorta tired, since it's 1:15 in the morning here, but if I missed anything feel free to mention them in the following comments.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    Please do not pick Volcarona (yet). Please ACTUALLY THINK instead of just suggesting a random sweeper "because it's strong" or bandwagoning on what someone else said. Volcarona is an absolutely ****ing terrible choice for this team right now. Let me explain why.

- Volcarona will force us to run some sort of water resist (sorry but ****ing Rotom W is not going to be a sole check against Rain teams). Volc will further add to our Keldeo weakness.
    - This team is picked apart by Dragons badly as it is. Granted Volc can set up on -2 Meteors and isn't stopped easily by Lati@s but if the opposing team isn't weak to +1 Volc to the point that it ends the game this won't be particularly useful.
    - Volc forces us to run a spinner.
    - I can't think of anything Volc lures in and beats or damages that would help Landorus sweep. It does not assist the team goal. Saying Volcarona beats Landorus's counters like Celebi or Skarmory is retarded. Who the **** counters Volc with a Celebi / Skarmory?

While it was understandable to not worry about it early on, at some point we should worry about team synergy. If we ignore it now we will eventually have one or two slots left and just struggle to pick off the major weaknesses remaining with just a few Pokemon.

Anyhow I suggest Life Orb Latias with Meteor / Psyshock / HP Fire / Recover. Checks Rain, Keldeo, Landorus, Rotom W, and Gliscor. Blah blah blah.
    This

I`m agreeing on LO latias for the reasons above, plus his main check ttar can be an excellent set up for landorus t

Bumping to save this post!

Check out my latest RMT

I'll be closing nominations Sunday when I get back home.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

Am I to assume it is time to vote now? Haha.

Check out my latest RMT

Quote Originally Posted by CedOmega View Post
    Am I to assume it is time to vote now? Haha.
    Waiting on ev's for a set. If I don't get them within 5 hours, I'll be using the standard ev spread. That said, 5 hours until voting begins.

Trainer Level 3 Squad | Alpha Sapphire Team - - En Route from Petalburg to Slateport via Ocean | WF Quest Log

Quote Originally Posted by Contrail View Post
    Waiting on ev's for a set. If I don't get them within 5 hours, I'll be using the standard ev spread. That said, 5 hours until voting begins.
    Cause mag didnt put the evs for latias
    Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

As said above, latias is a nice addition to the team as it provides a check to threats like keldeo, landorus i, gliscor, and rotom wash. Latias supports landorus by baiting in things it can set up on such as jirachi, scizor, and tyrannitar

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Cause mag didnt put the evs for latias
    Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Recover
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

As said above, latias is a nice addition to the team as it provides a check to threats like keldeo, landorus i, gliscor, and rotom wash. Latias supports landorus by baiting in things it can set up on such as jirachi, scizor, and tyrannitar
    Yeah, I was assuming these I just couldn't remember the numbers for HP.

~~~

Volcarona 1 - 0
    Volcarona 2 - 1
    Volcarona 3 -
    Latias - 8
    Celebi - 0

Voting Latias
    Last edited by Sparkbeat; 3rd July 2013 at 4:47 PM.

Voting for Latias

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

voting for latias as well

I'll go for Latias as well
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Voting for Volcarona 1.

Voting for Latias.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

voting for lats
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Voting for Latias
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Voting for Volcarona 2.

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

I'm going to change my vote to Latias, which makes the current votes 8-1-0-0-0?

Pretty sure Latias wins so I'm just going to throw in my suggestion for a 5th Pokemon. Choice Band Tyranitar. It Pursuits the **** out of Celebi and Latias while luring in and just powering through basically every single one of Landorus's various counters or checks. Skarmory, Gliscor, other Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Breloom, etc. It also helps summon things like Dugtrio, Garchomp, Lucario, and Terrakion that Landorus T sets up on.

Then for the last poke we can just run something to check random sweepers like... idk, Sandslash or that ****in' sand dog. Or Scarf Garchomp? Even just a standard CB Scizor.

This team has a large problem with Sun, specifically Venusaur, as a +2 Venusaur will OHKO every member of this team with rocks up. I feel like personally Scarf Infernape is a good teammate to add to the team

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Iron Fist
    252 Atk/252 Spd/ 4 HP

Fire Punch
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    U-Turn

Scarf Infernape out speeds max-speed Venusaur with the sun up, allowing a OHKO with Fire Punch. It also can threaten Celebi with Fire Punch or U-Turn (most Celebi do not carry Psychic), and can use U-Turn to scout and provide a safe switch for Landorus. I think Fire Punch should be used over Flare Blitz because Infernape can be useful during all parts of the game, and the recoil will really take a toll on the ape. Iron fist gives more power to Fire Punch. Close Combat destroys Terrakion and Steels. Stone Edge can kill Salamence and Dragonite with rocks down. U-Turn allows for momentum building.

Infernape is weak to water, flying, psychic, and ground. Water and flying types are checked by Rotom, psychic types by Latias, and ground by Landorus, Rotom, and Latias. Infernape doesn't add any glaring weaknesses to this team and takes care off some pretty big threats. A mixed set can be used with a Naive nature, but Fire Blast is preferred and I'm not a huge fan of its accuracy.

Infernape is a powerful pokemon with a high offensive stats and a very diverse movepool. I think it will be a good fit on this team
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Yeah, Latias has this. Start nominating.

Quote Originally Posted by Predator33 View Post
    This team has a large problem with Sun, specifically Venusaur, as a +2 Venusaur will OHKO every member of this team with rocks up. I feel like personally Scarf Infernape is a good teammate to add to the team

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Iron Fist
    252 Atk/252 Spd/ 4 HP

Fire Punch
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    U-Turn

Scarf Infernape out speeds max-speed Venusaur with the sun up, allowing a OHKO with Fire Punch. It also can threaten Celebi with Fire Punch or U-Turn (most Celebi do not carry Psychic), and can use U-Turn to scout and provide a safe switch for Landorus. I think Fire Punch should be used over Flare Blitz because Infernape can be useful during all parts of the game, and the recoil will really take a toll on the ape. Iron fist gives more power to Fire Punch. Close Combat destroys Terrakion and Steels. Stone Edge can kill Salamence and Dragonite with rocks down. U-Turn allows for momentum building.

Infernape is weak to water, flying, psychic, and ground. Water and flying types are checked by Rotom, psychic types by Latias, and ground by Landorus, Rotom, and Latias. Infernape doesn't add any glaring weaknesses to this team and takes care off some pretty big threats. A mixed set can be used with a Naive nature, but Fire Blast is preferred and I'm not a huge fan of its accuracy.

Infernape is a powerful pokemon with a high offensive stats and a very diverse movepool. I think it will be a good fit on this team
    Yeah until your opponent runs Timid Venusaur to outrun all the Scarf Terrakion and Scarf Keldeo and your Infernape gets smashed. Or until Dragonite sets up on you locked into a weak Fire Punch or Close Combat and sweeps the team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch / depends on the rest of the team

Nominating CB TTar for the reasons suggested in my last post.

Choice Band Tyranitar. It Pursuits the **** out of Celebi and Latias while luring in and just powering through basically every single one of Landorus's various counters or checks. Skarmory, Gliscor, other Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Breloom, etc. It also helps summon things like Dugtrio, Garchomp, Lucario, and Terrakion that Landorus T sets up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar View Post
    Yeah until your opponent runs Timid Venusaur to outrun all the Scarf Terrakion and Scarf Keldeo and your Infernape gets smashed. Or until Dragonite sets up on you locked into a weak Fire Punch or Close Combat and sweeps the team.
    ^ This and Nape is just bad atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Magmortar
    Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 104 Spd / 152 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch / depends on the rest of the team
    Out of curiosity, what's 104 Spd outspeeding?

Anyways, nominating TTar as well, but one that I think can be more effective at eliminating the counters Mag mentioned.

Tyranitar (F) @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Fire Blast
    - Pursuit
    - Crunch/Superpower/Substitute

With an Expert Belt attached, Tyranitar gets a guaranteed OHKO on Landorus-T and Gliscor with Ice Beam, even with a negative nature. This set is made to hit Tyranitar's counters when they switch in to take an expected CB Stone Edge or w/e. Fire Blast hits Skarm and Forre for good damage, and Pursuit let's us trap the Lati's and Celebi. The last move slot can go some different ways. We can use Crunch to hit Jellicent, the Lati's, and Celebi if they choose to stay in, Superpower can be used to hit a steel switch it, and Substitute can be used to minimize prediction or get an extra hit. The EV's are just straight off Smogon since I didn't find anything wrong with them.

Nominating Heatran because it screws Sun teams, specifically Venasaur. I'll edit in the set later because I'm on my phone.

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

Mixed TTar is ok. I like CB TTar better for this team though, and here is why.

Choice Band TTar beats literally everything just by spamming Stone Edge. Celebi, Skarmory, Gliscor, Landorus-T, Scizor, Forretress, Heatran etc. Even things that switch in on a resisted hit like Keldeo and Breloom take well over 50%. The FEW things in OU that survive two Stone Edges just drop to a couple Crunches (things like Jirachi and Donphan). Mixed Ttar can beat those things too, but it requires more prediction, and if you predict wrong (hit an incoming Terrakion with Fire Blast for example) you just wasted your turn and now they have the momentum with minimal losses. However if that Terrakion comes in on Choice Band Stone Edge it strip around half its health off and assure it can not set up Swords Dance (if that is an option).

Band Tar literally just hammers through anything in front of it. It eats walls alive and due to the power boost it can use Pursuit to extinguish things hit neutrally by Dark, not just weak to it. Things like Jolteon, Ninetales, Tentacruel, etc.
    Last edited by Shiny Magmortar; 3rd July 2013 at 7:02 PM.

I don't care if we add Tyranitar or not, but we really need some kind of Steel Pokemon. Right now nothing is taking an Outrage from CB Kyurem-B, CB Dragonite, etc. all that well, and Moxie Salamence has the potential to sweep the team once it gets a kill. Tyranitar would help with special Dragons (mainly Specs Latios Draco Meteor spam), but it's far from perfect. If Latios predicts the (obvious) switch to Tyranitar and uses Surf, it'll kill something the next time it uses Draco Meteor. I honestly think plenty of Steel types would make good choices at this point, even if just something to take a Dragon attack when needed. I like the idea of throwing Scizor on the team. It keeps a lot of Pokemon in check and can take any Dragon attack and hopefully force the opponent out or kill it. The CB set is the most obvious pick, but I've used a Iron Plate set with Bullet Punch / U-turn / Superpower / Roost lately. It's the set that I occasionally throw onto an offensive team in case I need something to take random Dragon attacks and still check things like Terrakion and Salamence, and it works pretty well. Iron Plate Scizor still has a pretty strong Bullet Punch, but more importantly, it has Roost to hopefully last longer and take more hits. Of course, this set still has its own problems, namely with the weaker moves in general. We might also add something like Ferrothorn or Skarmory, something that can switch into random Dragons much more easily while also setting Spikes to assist Landorus-T's sweep.

Just some ideas off the top of my head, but yeah, Dragons pretty much massacre what we've got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    I don't care if we add Tyranitar or not, but we really need some kind of Steel Pokemon. Right now nothing is taking an Outrage from CB Kyurem-B, CB Dragonite, etc. all that well, and Moxie Salamence has the potential to sweep the team once it gets a kill. Tyranitar would help with special Dragons (mainly Specs Latios Draco Meteor spam), but it's far from perfect. If Latios predicts the (obvious) switch to Tyranitar and uses Surf, it'll kill something the next time it uses Draco Meteor. I honestly think plenty of Steel types would make good choices at this point, even if just something to take a Dragon attack when needed. I like the idea of throwing Scizor on the team. It keeps a lot of Pokemon in check and can take any Dragon attack and hopefully force the opponent out or kill it. The CB set is the most obvious pick, but I've used a Iron Plate set with Bullet Punch / U-turn / Superpower / Roost lately. It's the set that I occasionally throw onto an offensive team in case I need something to take random Dragon attacks and still check things like Terrakion and Salamence, and it works pretty well. Iron Plate Scizor still has a pretty strong Bullet Punch, but more importantly, it has Roost to hopefully last longer and take more hits. Of course, this set still has its own problems, namely with the weaker moves in general. We might also add something like Ferrothorn or Skarmory, something that can switch into random Dragons much more easily while also setting Spikes to assist Landorus-T's sweep.

Just some ideas off the top of my head, but yeah, Dragons pretty much massacre what we've got right now.
    I completely agree with this, hence why I'm suggesting Heatran, which is a good answer to Dragons and Sun.

~Credits to myself~

Alpha Sapphire

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast