Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pets! They smell, but you still love 'em.

Default Pets! They smell, but you still love 'em.

Pets, little cute animals, everyone loves them and they are the closest thing to real pokemon. So this topic is about your pets, what pets do you have, what are they names and what do they do. I have a rabbit, two cats, a king charles dog but my favorite is my malamute husky dog. His name is... guess... Jirachi, he's still a puppy but he is loyal and grows big and strong.
    jirachi.jpg

So what's your pets?

I have Two Cockateils. One is a white face and only two years and likes explore(I have to keep a close eye on her when I take her out). The other is a latino and loves to play with his bell, sing and get preened by me.

I have 3 dogs and a bird. My bird knows how to say a lot of things. His most recent project is "beer." I'm proud to have taught him that. Now I'm working on "gimme beer!"
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

Currently, we have two cats: a calico named Bethany, and a tuxedo named Ebeneezer. Bethany's getting old, and because she has arthritis due to a birth defect in her hip, we'll be putting her down something this year, possibly. Ebeneezer in the meantime is an outdoor cat, he just comes to us the most. He's the weirdest cat I've ever met, he's got this personality I can't really explain. But we love him, even if he has the tendency to jump on Bethany.

For personal car, I had a black bear hamster named Jewel from fifth grade to a week before I started seventh grade. She was adorable, but kinda weird. I had a big cage for her, so when she stuffed her cheek pouches, she couldn't get through the tubes, so she used the top of the hamster wheel to get down. She would always crash headfirst with a "CLANG" at the bottom. It was funny.

In the past, we had another cat, a tabby named Ashley whom was a pretty good tomcat, but he was put to sleep about a year before we moved (he was sixteen-and-a-half). We also had a bunch of fish for a while. We had two goldfish (lionhead and calico fintail), tetras, bottom feeders, apple snails, a crab, a loricariid (spotted catfish, he was huge before we finally got rid of him) and platies--which bred a lot. We didn't know we had gotten a male and a female platy at once until my brother discovered the fries. They eventually bred themselves to death.

Yup.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I hsave 2 four year-old parakeets. One is white, he talks a whole lot and he loves cuddling. The other one looks like sunshine and she is really soft. They are both really sweet birds who I love so much. The male says my name all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlareLover17 View Post
    I hsave 2 four year-old parakeets. One is white, he talks a whole lot and he loves cuddling. The other one looks like sunshine and she is really soft. They are both really sweet birds who I love so much. The male says my name all the time.
    Aww,they sound really cute. I really want a parakeet, too. I was planning on getting one, but I have a lot of things going on at the moment, so I won't be able to give it the attention it needs.

Okay, I have a lot.

First I have a cream and white teddy bear hamster named Ravioli, Oli for short. Oli is interesting, because I didn't pick him. When my old hamster, Midnight, died, my friend called me up saying she had a hamster I needed to take from her pet store. Apparently the other hamsters Oli was with decided he was the weakest link, and started to eat him alive. My friend's store patched him up, but he had hamster PTSD. So I took him in. It took much longer to get him habituated to people, but now he's the BEST. He's so silly. He loves putting hard food in his wheel and then running in it to make a lot of noise. He also loves digging. I can't help but spoil him. :3

Anyway, I have a lot of fish, in two tanks:

In the 30 gallon there are three goldfish (Snafu, Orange, and Tangerine) and six zebra fish. Snafu was a feeder fish my boyfriend and I rescued. Now he's huge and likes watching TV.

In the 20 gallon tank, I have a lot. I have a snail, four Rummynose tetras (one of which is a huge jerk), two candycane tetras, three Senpai Tetras (one of which in named Ruby, I adopted him from my boyfriend's tank), two white lyretail mollies (who are in love with each other), one stardust platy named Pythagoras because he has a triangle on his tail, and four green flame tetras.

And then I have Bandit the Electric Blue Crayfish. He only has one big claw, which is pretty funny. He's a master digger and climber and loves uprooting my plants.
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

Used to have a leopard gecko, barely fed her and took care of her so I ended up giving her away. Used to have many goldfish (the fissh tank looked like a gumball machine) as a kid but they kept dying a few weeks after I bought them. Oddly enough, the one I fed my epilepsy medication to lived the longest. My little brother on the other hand had a pet guppy and lived for an entire year!

I wish my family could have a dog but I'm still a bit allergic to them (my allergy has been dying down lately) while my father is highly allergic as he always has been. Oh well, that's life.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I used to have about 20 fish. They were really pretty but we forgot to feed them for a couple of days and they all died. Whoops....
    Now I have a yellow Labrador named Cooper. He's 8 years old and he's a very nice dog. He's cuddly and soft but can act very psycho at times.
    My dad also has a galah who lives at my grandparents house. It's name is Gotzi or something like that. The reason I call it it is because we originally thought it was male.......until it started laying eggs. A very confused bird indeed. Gotzi is about 20 something years old.

I have a dog. Hes a big chocolate labrador. He is incredibley energetic and needs a lot of exercise! In the past i have had several breeds of fish. Id say i have owned easily 50 fish and the longest lifespan has been 2 months. I dont know what i have been doing wrong. I love my dog though.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

i have an aviary full of finches, budgies and a couple of cockatiels, a fish, a chicken, and these two:

life is
    a game

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i have an aviary full of finches, budgies and a couple of cockatiels, a fish, a chicken, and these two:

Aww... the cat is so cute! Look at its cute face! Its cute eyes! Its cute posture! It is soooo cute! :3

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

My chihuahua is a light golden purebred, and I love him so much. Don't hate me for this but this chihuahua was a puppy from a breeder, not a shelter. Because of all the work I've had to do for it, I've agreed not to get anymore dogs or pets after it, since I could never replace the little guy, and no other pet could be like him.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I had a golden retriever when I was a kid, but sadly my dad gave it to a friend of him. I miss dog. But when I grow up, I would love to have a red fox, they are beautiful animals.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Quote Originally Posted by Kreis View Post
    Aww,they sound really cute. I really want a parakeet, too. I was planning on getting one, but I have a lot of things going on at the moment, so I won't be able to give it the attention it needs.
    Yeah, they are sweet pets. You're right, they are really dependent on human interaction though, so get one if you have free time. It's so worth it though in the end.

The pet I currently have is a turtle who's does nothing than bask all day. He rarely eats and whenever I come up to his tank, he doesn't even look my way. When I take him out though, he becomes the most active thing in the world and wants to do nothing more than to crawl around and climb up my hands and arms. Though I have to be careful with him since he's actually fallen off of the table once so I have to make sure that he is nowhere near edges anymore.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I used to have many, many fishes in the aquariums several years ago, and if I were to sum them all up, it'd be around 20, though I have no idea why my parents took them all out.

Now, I have a bird, but I don't know what's it called. It is extremely annoying whenever it "squeals"... I think it's just asking for a back rub. I also have two dogs, which kind, I forgot.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Two dogs, two cats, fish, a frog, three turtles, and my brother has a hamster. My favorite is my cat Dexter, who is clinically insane. :3

I have three dogs and a ferret.

The oldest dog, Pocket, is a teacup Chihuahua. She's ten years old and both her parents were show dogs, but she's too lazy and stubborn to listen to anyone. Then there's Remington, a six year old chocolate lab who has a tendency to steal my bed at night. He's a really nice dog, and he's weird for his species, since he loves to play with our ferret with no intention of hurting him, and he's afraid of water. The youngest, Ruger, is a one year old mutt, who we're not sure of his origins, except he and his sister were the only ones who lived from their original litter. He's got a habit of biting and chewing on things he shouldn't...

Steve is the ferret, though he's unusually silent for his species. He doesn't do much because he is a lazy bum. Also, although they really don't count since they aren't technically owned by me, is the two fish in my class at school. Sunkist the goldfish and Cocoa the pleco, who wouldn't have had a home if it weren't for me.

Some of the pets I've had in the past are (Warning, there's a lot, we rarely kept them long.): Venus the guinea pig (Died of old age), Serena the Guinea pig (Died from an illness we were too late to fix), Lizzy the calico cat (Had to be given away due to my stepdad's allergies and her hate of men) Pepper the cat (Same as Lizzy), Shadow the cat (I don't remember...) Lenny and Wubbzy the hamsters (Died of old age) Natasha and Nakeeta the huskies (Moved away and had to get rid of them), Mojo Jojo the huskie/St. Bernard mix (Given away with Natasha and Nakeeta), Rockie and Rollie the kitten twins (Got rid of due to numerous attempts at setting the house on fire with the stove...) Liberty the mutt (Too young to remember her species or why we got rid of her...), and multiple fish (Typically bettas and goldfish).
    Last edited by NightmareHybrid; 16th January 2014 at 8:27 PM.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

I have two cats, littermates (brothers), named Tov and Joey. Part Maine Coon.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I have two rabbits. My oldest one is going on three, her name is Fritzi. She's a mini rex so she's very plush and soft, she adores being petted and massaged. She's spoiled, so she has a bit of an attitude. She also has a horrible habbit of escaping from her pen which always throws me into a panic. Sawyer is my other rabbit, he's a two year old American mix, he's a handsome little guy with a white belly and cottontail. He's shy but energetic, so once you get him going he can be really fun to play with. He loves to flip around things that make noise so a lot of his toys have bells, I always have to take those toys away from him before bed or else he drives me crazy and I can't sleep.

Unfortunately the two of them don't get along, Fritzi picks on Sawyer and gets into fights. As a result, they both have separate pens in my living room. Some day I'll have a bonded pair and I'll be able to let them run around the apartment as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Unfortunately the two of them don't get along, Fritzi picks on Sawyer and gets into fights. As a result, they both have separate pens in my living room. Some day I'll have a bonded pair and I'll be able to let them run around the apartment as they please.
    Have you tried getting them fixed? Not as in an "YOU'RE GOING TO BE OVERRUN WITH RABBIT BABIES" way, but for real female unspayed rabbits are very difficult behavior wise and very territorial. Not only will getting them fixed most likely curb their behavior issues, it also lengthens their lifespan considerably due to female rabbits being ridiculously prone to uterine tumors.

I own 7 snakes, 2 rats, 2 guinea pigs, 2 hamsters, and a pacman frog. I have experience with tons of others due to working at various rescues and what have you over the years. I want to own a cat but I'm very allergic. I have a bit of a side business breeding designer colubrid snakes but not a giant room full or anything. Small operation, but I'd really love to start breeding P. Coxi and H. nasicus on a professional level. One day!

My mom has 3 guinea pigs, and 3 cats (one of them gave birth to a litter just a few days ago).

My grandma has 3 Parakeets, and a chihuahua

In my room, I have an albino ferret, finally got a chance to take care of an animal I actually like. Since I could not get an otter or weasel as a pet, I had to settle for the next mustelid I can keep as a pet, ferret.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

I have 9 fish, Betta Splendens, the famous Siamese Fighting Fish.

Arrow - blue and red Double Tail
    Ember - orangey-black veiltail with orange fins
    Shadow - chocolate delta tail
    Lady Ruby - female ruby-red spadetail
    Lady Emerald - female green delta tail
    Obsidian - black lace super delta plakat
    Sunstreaker - gold crowntail
    Comet - pale pink super delta with blue-gray fin markings
    Rainbow - cream-pink-blue-bluish purple crowntail/double tail mix

They all have far more personality than you'd expect from a fish, they're very personable and very interactive.

Fish are great pets lots of people take for granted because they seem them as more of a decoration than a living being with personality. All of your bettas sound really lovely! I was hoping to get one in the future but I want to make sure to dedicate a lot of time to making a display with live plants and lots of stuff for them to interact with so they wouldn't be bored.
    So precious. Wish I weren't fishdumb.

That's Captain lead developer to you.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast